When you call, mention priority code 15ZB-BMNH

Rating and Reviews: Pro-Mark LA Special Stick

No bells or whistles, just quality drum sticks.

"Great Deal!" submitted January 7, 2013

By Jason S in Maineville, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years drums, guitar, bass. Semi-Pro.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, Progressive, Fusion
Manufacturer Support: Never need support - haven't used it. Overall: I beat the hell out of my sticks. I've been using Vic Firth 7AN for awhile and they shred and splinter as expected for my style of playing. I've also used the On Stage 5A and 5B Nylon (maple and hickory). The Hickory 5B were way too heavy, as hickory that grows in China has a higher water density than hickory that grows in Kentucky (Vic Firth). Purchased these Pro Mark LA Specials to replace the On Stage sticks. Personally, I don't justify spending 9$ on a pair of sticks that I am going to either break or shred in under a week of playing. I can spend the 2$ on Pro-Marks and last just as long or longer. The weight and sound these sticks was on par with every other high dollar stick I have purchased in my 20+ years playing. Lets face it, a stick is a piece of wood that you beat your heads and cymbals with. If you're playing and you develop a fatigue because of the weight and balance of that pair, brand or size all you have to is try a different pair (size, weight and diameter).. it comes down to what is comfortable in your hand for the length of time you're going to be swinging it. I don't care much for the "look" of the stick. If it has odd grain or knots, I'd prefer that - it will last much longer than one that is visually perfect. In which case, the LA Specials fit that description perfectly. They are the "rejects" that didn't pass what sells. Make no mistake however, just cause marketing has determined that sticks that don't visually appeal to a customer doesn't mean that they're any less quality or performance of their counterparts that are visually appealing. Due to the grain and texture of these sticks, they for some reason don't take the inking process to mark them; thus they are "unlabeled". Bottom line: it's a deal you shouldn't pass up. You're going to shred sticks. You're going to break sticks. They're consumables, use them for what they're exactly designed for, but don't waste money on over priced sticks that are nothing more than marketing ploys. I'm extremely thankful that zzounds had them in stock and available for immediate shipment. Being these are "rejects" (again, I use the industry standards of visual appeal), they're not always readily available. Side note: the stick bag was a welcome addition, I was able to put all 40 pairs of sticks I have (5A, 5B, 7AN) in it.

"Pro-Mark LA Special Unlabeled Drumsticks 5A wood tip. 10 pack." submitted July 7, 2012

By davw w in center point, AL
Overall
Musical Background: 35 years. drums, bass, guitar, keys. drum sessions player. studio owner.
Music Style: rock, metal, folk, blues, prog.
Overall: Sounds like some raters got a bad pack, or are way too picky. The sticks i got were fine. No warping, all sticks were very close to the same weight. All you have to do is weigh them individually then pair them up. As for the "tapping" test? i found the density of most sticks to be very similar. I've purchased $9.00/pair sticks that were no better than these! My opinion? it's a deal you should not pass up.

"AVOID THIS LIKE CANCER!" submitted September 12, 2011

Overall
Music Style: everything (little lax on Balkan folk music!)
Sound: After tapping a sample pair from the bundle, I could tell immediately these were not going to be a quality sounding pair of sticks. Feature: By buying in a dozen, zZounds bundled a stick bag and extra pair of sticks. Would have been a nice feature had the sticks been useable. Ease of Use: N/A Quality: Don't bother unless you're hosting a beginner jam session and supplying sticks. Even then, you'd really be doing a dis-service to those budding students. HIGHLY unrecommended as the sticks were warped, uneven finish, poor workmanship and inferior quality grade of wood. Other than those little quibbles, they're FANTASTIC(-ly horrible) Value: Again, if the idea is that you're a beginner and expect to be breaking sticks consistently, this is probably a great value as the cost is considerably less than buying top quality, name brand models. On the other hand, if you're an intermediate to seasoned pro player, these are NOT acceptable on any level. Manufacturer Support: zZounds took care of the problem right away. I traded the value for another product and they paid shipping for all of it. Well done! The Wow Factor: N/A Overall: I wish I could've seen these in person prior to purchasing so I wouldn't have wasted time.

"drum sticks" submitted May 12, 2012

By linda k in moss point, MS
Overall
Musical Background: benn playing for about 52 yrs,flute,quitar,keyboard,jam at home
Music Style: rock,country,christian,blues,write my on
Overall: my grandson was given a set of drums.they came from the family next door. he hauled them home in the back of papa's truck,unloaded and began to set up. he was missing a bass drum foot pedal,top hats broken(no pedal),no stand for large cymbal,seat but no stand but you know,it did not matter,all things could be overcome. I got on-line and started to order the missing parts,not the most expensive parts, but what we could afford. when these parts started to arrive, you would have thought it was xmas.the drum sticks may be cheep,but this child thinks they are the bomb,much more superior to the paint brushes he was using. if he gets better,decides to stay with it, we will buy better equipment. as for now he is loving his sticks.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZB-BMNH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976