When you call, mention priority code 201-QX2Q

Rating and Reviews: Phil Jones Bass C4 Cab

Featuring four PJB 5" speakers in a Baltic Birch plywood cabinet, the C4 bass delivers huge tone from a small and portable enclosure.

"This cabinet is incredible! " submitted April 9, 2014

By Herbert P in Shaker Heights, OH
Musical Background: I have been playing professionally for 30+ years
Music Style: I play most styles of contemporary music including but not limited to rhythm & blues, blues, rock, folk, gospel, country, jazz,
Overall: Because of health reasons I needed to downsize my bass rig. The PJB-C4 is just what I need to continue playing without breaking my back and the bank. I am using a Little Mark II amp head with the C4. This combination just sings clear and loud with a wonderful clarity. I am glad that it does not have tweeters, as they are not needed nor are they missed. The upper register is flawlessly smooth. I just received it and am still testing it with my different basses and in different live performance events. But so far it has not let me down in any way.

"Phil Jones Bass C4 Bass Speaker Cabinet" submitted January 6, 2014

By John Reid in Levelland, TX
Musical Background: Professional player/educator
Music Style: Mostly jazz and R&B
Overall: I'm very happy with this purchase. I'm not new to Phil Jones' bass gear as I have owned and still do own several pieces that I use from time to time depending on the gig. This cab is probably my favorite so far. It sounds great and is small and very portable. For now, I'm using an Aguilar Tone Hammer head on it and it's a great sounding combination. I've heard that Phil's coming out with a combo version of this cab and I'm planning on buying it as soon as it becomes available.

"Great tone in a small package" submitted April 27, 2015

By Jim F in Robbinsville, NJ
Musical Background: 20+ years playing bass in original and cover bands
Music Style: Classic Rock
Overall: I picked up the C4 Cabinet as the extension cab to my BG400 combo. Great quality product and by far the best sounding small cab out there. This makes my combo come alive pushing all 500 watts. Don't let the size of the drivers fool you. I play a jazz bass through my rig and have no problem keeping up with 2 guitars and a drummer. I'm sold on Phil Jones amps, the tone I have been searching for.

"I'm officially impressed" submitted February 3, 2015

By Dwane W in Grayson, GA
Musical Background: Professional gigging and session musician
Music Style: Christian, rock, jazz, modern jazz
Overall: I was gigging with a Markbass 410 cabinet and really got tired of carrying it back and forth to rehearsals and gigs. I heard people say really good things about this so I decided to give it a try. I was completely blown away. This has the same amount of punch and presence as the 410! It handled my 500 watt head easily as well!Around the house, I use it with my 10 watt Phil Jones Bass buddy and my wife actually asks me to turn it down. This... is a great amp. I'm thinking about getting another one!

"Instantly my favorite cabinet ever" submitted May 11, 2016

By David H in Tualatin, OR
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music 40 years. I play guitar bass synthesizer and can sing. I play local clubs and parties 10-20x per year.
Music Style: I play classic country, rockabilly, blues and classic rock.
Overall: This cabinet literally saved my musical career. I just can't safely carry my big cabinets anymore. But let's not get carried away by how small and lightweight this thing is. The sound quality and volume level that this system attains will blow your mind. My band has two guitarists, each with boutique 50W tube combos, and a kit drummer, and everyone was stunned. (We're not metal or anything, but we're loud enough everyone wears earplugs.) My bandmates assumed I was wired into two cabinets, but no. This little cab filled the whole room, powered by a simple Peavey MiniMax head, with *plenty* of headroom left over on the gain and master (neither level was past 1/3 of max). No compromises on low end response or clarity of the upper notes. (Note: I play 4-string, can't vouch for low B's). If you close your eyes you would think you were hearing a 4x10 or a 2x12. Thanks to Phil Jones, I can now look at smaller more efficient cars to move my gear around instead of pick up trucks! The only reason I did 4 stars on value is because these things are pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for....)

"Who needs vintage? This cabinet has big boom!!!!" submitted November 11, 2013

By Michael Maresca in Largo, FL
Musical Background: Serious hobbyist bass player
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Punk
Overall: This cabinet was surprising. I'd been using a Crate BE410 cabinet that has sounded great. Lotsa bottom end from the heavy magnets. This little guy matched it for tone and oomph at 1/3 the size. I understand the speakers have to move the air to be loud, but this little cabinet did it. My band mates could not tell the difference between these four 5" speakers and the big cabinet I've been using with them for the last 10+ years. Now I want to find the right micro bass amp to go with it to make my gigging rig even easier to carry. My one gripe was that it only allowed Speakon connection for the cable. Not, a big deal as I had an adapter handy, but allowing a standard 1/4" as well would be ideal. Well done, Phil Jones!!!!!!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Powerful lightweight" submitted December 22, 2013

By Tom G in Salem, NH
Overall
Musical Background: guitar 45 years, bass 15 years, not a pro, but play in a couple of bands
Music Style: band work (bass) is mostly soft rock, country, occasional reggae; at home anything goes but mostly finger style guitar
Sound: The C-4 has a lot cleaner and more detailed sound than I get with my old bass stack. I mostly go for a mellow, finger style sound, and I find that I'm dialing the mids way down and cutting the highs a bit also for C-4. You definitely want to use a head/preamp that lets you do some frequency shaping. Feature: Best feature is it weighs 24 lbs. Compare to my old stack of 15" (55 lbs) and 2x10" (45 lbs). It beats schlepping 100 lbs of speakers around. Ease of Use: Connection is speakon only. I would have preferred a connector that allowed speakon or 1/4" phone plug. Quality: Looks to be of excellent design and workmanship. Value: Hard to say -- it's definitely pricey. In my case, light weight has a lot of value to me and was my motive for buying it. I'm happy with the purchase, but I'd be happier if it was less expensive. Manufacturer Support: I emailed support to get clarification of the 400W power handling rating and received a prompt and very thorough response from none other than Phil Jones. The Wow Factor: Getting so much sound from this tiny cube is pretty cool. Overall: See details below

"Does Not Move Air" submitted January 26, 2016

By Daniel B in Louisville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass for 30 years.
Overall: I spent an entire Saturday doing an A/B comparison against my old 1990 Carvin 2x10. The sound was very sterile and uncolored, which may be a plus to some users. But my old 2x10 just sounded better to me. And at the end of the day my conclusion was that it just didn't move any air. I play bass because I love the feel of the low vibrations. This just didn't have bass that I could feel. This was made in China and perhaps some of the earlier glowing reviews were of American construction. I don't know. I sent it back.

"Very cool" submitted February 5, 2016

By Marvin m in Richmond, VA
Music Style: Everything
Overall: If you are trying to get a speaker for the football field this ain't it but as an extension this is what you need. ..I use it with a 15 and the C4 really brings my sound alive...great middle and highs..it also adds to the bottom. ..this cabinet is the Bombay. ..do your self a solid and get one

"Very cool" submitted February 5, 2016

By Marvin m in Richmond, VA
Music Style: Everything

When you call, mention priority code 201-QX2Q. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976