When you call, mention priority code 205-3NH6

Rating and Reviews: Pioneer XDJ-1000

It's a Pioneer CDJ -- without the CD deck. Spin and scratch audio from a USB drive on an ergonomic platter, and see your beats on the big 7-inch touchscreen.

"XDJ-1000 all you need minus the CDs" submitted December 29, 2015

By Jimmy O in Austin, TX
Musical Background: Home music producer 10yrs and DJ for the last 3
Music Style: Electronic and Hip-Hop
Overall: I've had this unit for about half a year and so far I love it, as soon as I pay off my first one I will be getting another (thanks to zzounds for their great payment plans) I main reason I got it was to be able to have something at home that I could practice the pioneer/rekordbox style knowing that most of the time thats what you will see at the clubs. I started DJing using a NI Traktor S2 which was a great controller but I still wanted to get the feel of moving platters (especially for scratching) so I went onto getting a Traktor Z2 with turntable DVS. That was fun but I quickly came to realize that the places I wanted to play at all had pioneer nexus setups. Also, the ability to show up at a gig with just a usb thumbdrive and my headphones was awesome. Thats what made want to get a pioneer setup at home to practice that "club setup" feel. The only issue for me was that a pair CDJ-900s will set you back at least 2 grand if you want new ones. Then I heard rumors about the XDJ and decided to hold back until those were released at least hoping that might bring down the price of CDJs. When I heard they were going to have a full color touch screen, almost all the features of the high end CDJs, and still be cheaper than the 900 I was sold. Hell personally I don't remember the last time I burned or even listened to a CD, even my car doesn't have a cd player anymore. I came from a digital DJing background so I'm used to dealing with wav and mp3s. So besides lacking the disc slot this thing has all you need to get that true CDJ feel, and with the added full screen you also get some of the advantages of DJing from a laptop (waveforms, cover art, etc.) The XDJ is very versatile too. You can play from thumbdrives whether or not the songs have gone through rekordbox but it does load faster if you do and you also get the cuepoints and loops. You can also use it as a DVS device just by loading the timecode wav file to the thumbdrive (Ive tried both Traktor and Serato DVS and both work great). My favorite method though is using it in HID mode alongside Traktor. This way I dont even have to hook up the audio cables only the usb cables to the laptop. With Traktor just about everything on the XDJ works at is does normally, the browse buttons, pitch n platter controls, and even the advanced loop functions on the touchscreen. The HID response time is amazing anything I do on the laptop the XDJ provides the exact feedback I need (play/loop on/off for example). When I have the chance to choose its my Traktor z2 mixer with 2 XDJ-1000s on the sides, the level of control alongside Traktor is incredible. The XDJ works great in HID mode with Serato DJ as well. You can also use it as a Midi controller as well but I haven't had the chance to mess with it much since HID mode covers mostly everything I need. As far as quality is concerned, it does feel a little cheap since its so light and mostly plastic but pioneer is known for quality and its holding up so far pretty nicely. Im more concerned with how long the touchscreen is going to hold up since its more like a older lcd screen than say a phone or tablet screen with glass covering. Only time will tell on that. I also would have liked some kind of documentation inside the box. Not that I really needed it with todays resources but a quick start or overview pamphlet would be nice. So if you looking to get into pioneer world as I was or you want to replace your old CD/vinyl or controller setup this is a great all around buy. Just don't forget to tell your DJ buddies who still use CDs that these are XDJs not CDJs. But once they've used my XDJ they all fall in love especially with the great looking screen.

"Pioneer XDJ 1000" submitted October 18, 2015

By Andre W in Hampton, VA
Musical Background: Pro DJ , Producer , Studio owner
Music Style: R&B ,Hip Hop, Pop, Country
Overall: This XDJ is excellent . I originally purchased this to use with Djay Pro. I'm a scratch DJ and Serato is my primary software which I use turntables . I just happen to hook these up to Seraro DJ and was surprised they auto mapped and the accuracy was amazing. I could not tell the difference between the XDJ and turntables accept for the weight. The XDJ are probably 10 pounds lighter. I have packed my 1200's up and put them in the closet. DJ Dre

When you call, mention priority code 205-3NH6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976