When you call, mention priority code 172W-YFXS

Rating and Reviews: Peavey XR1212 Mixer

Get full control in a compact package with this rack-mountable Peavey powered mixer's 12 XLR mic channels, 4-band EQs, digital FX, graphic EQs and more.

"Great value for a powered mixer." submitted April 7, 2011

Music Style: Contemporary Christian/Rock/Blues
Sound: Replaced an older Yamaha board with QSC amp. The sound of the Peavey XR1212 is equally as impressive as the much more expensive Yahama/QSC seteup. We're currently using a pair of PV115 mains with the 1212(we don't need monitors or subs in the practice studio). Everybody in teh band immediately noticed an improvement in the practice studio. While we have not used it on location yet, I'm certain that it won't disappoint. Feature: Missing from the mic channels is compression. I do like compression in some situations, especially with more dynamic vocalists, but it's not a deal breaker. Having EQ for both channels is a BIG plus - you don't find this on many mixer/amp combos. Built in effects are a plus, bacis, but we don't need anything fance in teh effects department. We have an older rack mount Peavey Addverb digital processor if we need to kick it up a notch. Ease of Use: 15 minutes from taking it out of the box to having it up and running (this included mounting it in a Gator road case). I tried the auto-EQ feature twice but it failed on both occasions so I just dialed in the manual EQ, killed the feedback, and we were ready to go. After reading the manual (which came on CD by the way), I found out that I was doing something wrong during the auto EQ process so I'll try it again. Quality: Solid metal construction, smooth action on the sliders and knobs, nothing loose or missing. There was a tiny little scratch on the front panel by the effects control, but it in no way affects the operation and is hardly noticible. Value: You can spend a lot more or a lot less on a similar product, but there are few offerings with the features and power this unit has for this price. From my perspective, Peavey has a good reputation and makes quality love sound products. Manufacturer Support: I have not contacted Peavy about this product, but I have in the past to get technical advice and request a printed copy of an out of production manual. They responded in a timely and professional manner and sent me the information I needed. The Wow Factor: I'm not keen on the multi-colored knobs but I don't dislike them. I just don't see the need for a rainbow on the mixer board. Otherwise, the XR1212 looks good. I focus more on features and function than looks. Overall: I expect to use it for many years. I registered it with Peavey so the warranty was extended by 2 years. I don't anticipate the need for more input channels. It is expandable in terms of external effects inputs, Sub output, and balanced outputs for additional amps. What more do you need?
32 of 33 people (96.97%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The XR1212 Is an Awsome Mixer" submitted July 23, 2012

By Steven Monio in Invergrove Height, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing Guitar 30yr, Played in bands for years, Now I Host karaoke shows.
Music Style: Rock -
Overall: I Replaced a Yamaha 16 channel mixer & a qsc 2450 with this mixer. Its has a much warmer sound, I run it through 2 jbl JRX Dual 15's (it powers them No Problem & I Run cables from the left & right line out jacks to a peavey 2600 which powers 4 jbl 118 subs. This think flat out Rocks. You wont find a better mixer with more feature than this for the price, The effects sound great. I recommend this mixer to all, you wont be dissapointed. Peavey Rocks !

"Reliable, sounds great, gig worthy" submitted January 20, 2013

By Andrew Marazoff in West Chesterfield, NH
Musical Background: Drummer for 20yrs
Music Style: Classic rock cover band.
Overall: I have owned this about 6 months. So far I am very happy. Its been reliable, quick and easy set up. I love the left and right faders, that is one feature you don't see in a lot of pwr mixers. I am not going into details but this board is very capable! It always has a good clean sound, no noise with plenty of power. I love the features. Its done about a dozen gigs it is still hanging in there. Seems to be durable. I have not needed any support .

When you call, mention priority code 172W-YFXS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976