When you call, mention priority code 12FC-VRTV

Rating and Reviews: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 Amp

The Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 pairs tube amp tone with powerful modeling technology. With an easy-to-use interface, the Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 rocks.

"cheap tube amp. but it's FAR from cheap" submitted February 19, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: lead guitarist in gigging metal band
Music Style: Hard Rock, Metal, Alternative, and Acoustic
Sound: it's not cheap. it sounds like a $1500 amp. pure tube sound and top notch analog effects. and the pedal compliments that looper in it. Feature: i don't really think i need to go into detail. there are more effects and features than i know what to do with on this amp. and they all work flawlessly. Ease of Use: it's very easy to use once you figure it out. took me like 2 minutes to get it. Quality: built like a rock. though the knobs could be something other than plastic Value: similar amps i've seen double this price. nuff said Manufacturer Support: not needed. hopefully i won't. The Wow Factor: this is a pretty good looking amp. but it is a little generic. black casing. gray speaker guard. i'm gonna "defang" the plastic thing on it. i think that thing looks a little silly. Overall: just get it. especially if you're on a budget (which everybody is these days) this is THE amp.

"This amp is the amp I've been wanting ever since I learned to play, I've played through and owned several tube and solid state a" submitted October 7, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Active, reclusive musician...
Music Style: Rockin'-Metal-Industrio-Punk-a-Billy
Sound: There have been only two "true" tube amps I have played and think I would be fully satisfied if purchased... that is if I could even come close to affording them right now; a Diezel Herbert which I think was over $3500 and a VHT Pitbull, which was close in price as well. Either way, these are made for WEALTHY PROFESSIONAL RECORDING ARTISTS!!! With those two amazing amps aside, being perfect 10's in my opinion tone wise, how does the Peavey Vypyr rate, an easy 8... that's right, I've dialed in tones that satisfy my tone lusty ears that are purdy dang close to the tones acheived with both of those amps, this isn't a plug in, hit a button and sound like Slash or Van Halen right away type amps (no amp does this anyways). But, you can, with the right ears and some tweaking, dial in pretty much ANY sound you're looking for with these amps, I am convinced. $450, 60watts and one twelve in. speaker... I'm happy, and if you're not, keep saving... I'll be Rocking out. Feature: Go to the website to see the list, the coolest fact about these is that while they may be new on the market, your amp can GROW, with the technology with the free upgrades to the firmware. Which to me, I think is WAY cool considering if you purchased any other "modeling" amp in the past, it would soon be obsolete much like the computers of today. Btw, you don't NEED, a sanpera, but they are pretty damn cool if you want to use the looper or the wah (both of which perform and sound perfect. Ease of Use: Easy, once you get it, you got it and the sky is the limit. Quality: It's a PEAVEY and they don't put out crap. Value: Buy one and play it, if you don't think that it's $450 dollars well spent on a piece of guitar equipment, well, maybe you should A) Keep saving your money or B) stop playing guitar, because I wouldn't want to hear anyone play a guitar if they couldn't get some amazing tones out of this baby. Manufacturer Support: Peavey. USA. The Wow Factor: Just hearing about it and what it did over the past year, I wanted one. Stock, I think they are physically ugly though, so I "de-fanged" mine and man is it one sexy looking retro-classy rockin' combo from outer space... Overall: Well I don't know, I think it's just a matter of time before I will be lusting after the 120 watt combo, or maybe even the head... but I am partial to combos... I like it all in one piece, like a suitcase full of destruction, power and beauty at the same time.
16 of 18 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Peavey VYPER 60 watt Tube" submitted January 8, 2014

By Jason E in Salt Lake City, UT
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years experience,play 6 string Rythm,I jam at home.
Music Style: Rock/Heavey Metal
Overall: This is by far,the best amp,I have ever owned.Well,almost own,still have 2 more payments on it.I use to have an Marshall 4/12 stack,this amp is by far louder and more easier to use.I love it.Get it,it's loud,and has some awesome featuers and sounds.I am probably going to get the pedal for it,I have bought an RP350 Digitech,I think I will resale it and buy the pedal for this amp.

"Nice amp for the price. Has cool effects too!!" submitted January 7, 2010

Music Style: Multiple
Sound: Has great sound at high and low volumes even even if i plug an $80 guitar into it. Can easily be made to sound like whatever you want it to. Feature: Cool effects to play around with. I wouldn't call them top quality but they are good especially for the price. Ease of Use: Easy to use once you figure out the controls. Quality: Quality is okay. The knobs feel like they are about to break off is the only problem. Everything else is great. Value: Heck yeah its worth the money! Best amp under 600 bucks. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to call for support. The Wow Factor: Looks amazing! I absolutely love the whole design of it! Overall: Great for anyone wanting to play with some cool affects or just wanting great tube sound for a low price. Very loud!! Wouldn't turn it up all the way unless your gigging though.

"Very Nice Item" submitted February 20, 2014

Music Style: Classic Rock, Metal Rock, Blues
Overall: I am very happy with this product so far. I 've had it about a month now. It offers a ton of options when in use which is what I am looking for in an amp. Overall a great purchase which I would make again.

"Vypyr Tube 60 Combo Amp" submitted February 23, 2014

By Mark F in Argillite, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 44 yrs. I play Guitars(all kinds), Mandolin, Banjo, Bass, & Keyboards.
Music Style: I play different types of music. From Classic Christian to Classic Rock & even some Bluegrass & Country.
Overall: Only had this a couple of weeks now. It's a tube amp with multiple rack effects and stomp boxes built in. There are an endless number of sounds preset. And you can create so many more. The best purchase I've made in a while.

"Peavey vypyr tube 60" submitted February 10, 2014

By Brad B in Manchester, NH
Musical Background: 5 years guitar
Music Style: Metal
Sound: Sound is good. You obviously have to fiddle with it a bit to get a good sound, but once you get it it's nice. Pretty good for metal, I'm sure it can do bluesy stuff too. Ease of Use: Tiny learning curve, nothing major though. But does take some getting used too Quality: Well I've only had it a month, no problems yet Value: I got it for $270. So I got pretty good value. But for $365 I can't think of anything to beat it Manufacturer Support: Haven't need it Overall: Nice little amp. I needed something loud enough to play with a drummer. Bingo.pretty decent sound quality. I mean, I've never spent any time with a 6505 or recto. So I can't compare to the real thing. But this sounds pretty nice, although it does sound muffled sometimes. Cleans are pretty great, doesn't have a lot of headroom though. Overall, good purchase.

"The Peavey Vypyr Rocks!!!" submitted September 21, 2011

Musical Background: Advance
Music Style: Various
Sound: The sound is clear, and you can get the sound for any style of music. Feature: All of the features are useful. All of the effects, and amp models you need. I would like to get the Sanpera II Footswitch for the Peavey Vypyr. Ease of Use: Just turn it on, and plug it in and you have already started producing great sound. Quality: Well Made Value: It's well worth the selling price. Manufacturer Support: No, I didn't need to. The Wow Factor: It looks cool, I like all of the LED's. Overall: I may not need another amp.

"BUT IT NOW!!!" submitted September 5, 2009

Overall
Sound: sound quality is perfect out of this thing from rock hard metal to clean warm sounds. Feature: it is beats to get the sanpera 1 or 2 it really unlocks the true potential for this amp. Ease of Use: dial in what you want and there ya go. Quality: very sturdy amp and pedals it just a vrry good amp. Value: very good value would buy this amp for the price. Manufacturer Support: dont need. The Wow Factor: its SEXXY look awesome light show when u turn it on. Overall: the best ampo ut there for the price ALOT better than the line 6 spider..... they sound like some 1 is crunching on tin foil..

When you call, mention priority code 12FC-VRTV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976