When you call, mention priority code 1440-X7BT

Rating and Reviews: Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp

The Peavey Vypyr 75 offers plenty of modeling capabilities. With 24 amp channel models and 22 effects, the Peavey Vypyr 75 provides a world of possibilities.

"GREAT, VERSATILE AMP!" submitted October 21, 2009

Music Style: Mostly rock and heavy metal
Sound: It sounds great. A wide variety of stompboxes, amp models, and rack effects to choose from. You can get pretty much any tone you are looking for with this amp. Whether it's blues, classic rock, heavy metal, and anything in between. Feature: I give it a high rating here because it is so versatile. You can do anything you want with it really. So many different options. The direct recording is unbelievably easy to set up and use. It sounds really good with the USB direct input recording. Makes things so easy. Ease of Use: It isn't real difficult to use, but it is a bit tricky. Only at first though. After a day or two with it, and after reading the manual, you should figure things out pretty easily. Quality: Quite dependable. No real qualms about the quality of the amp. Probably could gig with it if you wanted, but I have not tried. Value: Can not get a better, or more versatile amp for $299. You really can not. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them, so no opinion. The Wow Factor: It looks nice, and the "light show" it does is pretty cool to watch when the amp gets bored. Overall: Overall, the amp really is awesome. You can spend hours upon hours just tinkering with the effects and tweaking them, as well as all the other settings. A good amp for intermediate, and maybe even sort of advanced players. Will last a long time and do the job. If it were lost or stolen I'd definitely buy another one ASAP. I just wish the Sanpera footswitch was included, but you can buy it separate. It unlocks the true potential of the amp, unlocking the looper function, increasing the presets from 12 to 400, it has 2 expression pedals, and more. Definitely getting it soon. With this amp, and the Sanpera...you can do anything.

"Made for Metal!" submitted August 14, 2011

Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock, Hardcore, Post-Hardcore
Sound: Have had this amp for two weeks. Have only practiced at home with it. It is VERY loud too! Power sponge knob is at the lowest and it still rattles my walls. I think this amp has a very full and rich sound when compared to other modeling amps. Doesn't sound too digital, due to the analog preamp section. If you play Metal like me, you will be happy with the gain this amp has. A lot of the "Red" presets have the gain pegged to full. Which isn't necessary to get a heavy sound. Take time to adjust ALL of the knobs drastically. In fact on my favorite hi-gain sound, I have Bass at zero and Treble at full. So you never know how it sounds unless you try everything. I use a Schecter C7 Hellraiser, with EMG 707tw pickups, tuned GDGCFAD. It sounds BRUTAL! Also this amp has nice clean tones as well. Very tube-like and smooth. The effects actually sound good. Not all are very useful, but some are very cool. In fact, if I get the optional Sanpera II pedal, I may not need any more stompboxes. I also have to mention how cool it is to add a stompbox model before an amp. This is the FIRST time someone has gotten it right! You can run a Tubescreamer (or other pdeals) in front of a hi-gain amp in "Green" mode, and it will sound like an overdriven tube amp! This makes it so versatile. You can get a lot of different sounds with the 12 amp models this way. Very smart engineering here! I'm very happy! Feature: It's almost endless what you can do with this amp. The most versatile amp I've ever owned. I only gave it an 7, because there are some BIG drawbacks. First, no pedal was included for channel switching. So, I am forced to buy the Sanpera II pedal, which costs over 200 bucks! I will buy one, but I don't know if this total package will be worth 500 bucks once I get one! Also no speaker cabinet output! What the hell?! This should be mandatory for any amp over 50 watts. I hope it will be loud enough if I gig with it. If I wasn't so happy with the sound, these may have been deal-breakers for me. Buyer beware! Ease of Use: Easy to find a good sound. Overwrite the presets, as you can find better. Just take your time and tweak EVERYTHING! It will take a few hours to be happy, so be patient and try everything. Again, the lack of a pedal hurts this a bit. It's a pain in the ass to lean over to change your channels. Quality: Arrived in good shape. Seems pretty well built. It wasn't has heavy as I thought it was gonna be, which is good. Can't comment on reliability yet, but most Peavey products are solid. Not the nicest looking amp. I don't like the fangs on the front, but they can be easily removed. The lights are pretty cool though. Value: The amp is worth the price. I think it's a better value than Line 6. But, I'm still annoyed with the fact I have to spend a lot more if I want the pedal. I would have happily paid 400 bucks for it, if the pedal was included! Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with them. But they do have a good online forum with useful information and tips. The Wow Factor: Already commented on this. It is NOT sexy at all! But that doesn't really matter. I didn't buy it to be furniture. Overall: I'm very happy overall. Other than the drawbacks I mentioned earlier. I'm not sure if I would buy another if it were lost or stolen. I have to get a bit more attached to equipment first.

"Performance, practicality, pleasurable=Peavey!" submitted January 25, 2011

Music Style: Jazz, Rock, Christian Rock
Sound: Got the Peavey Vypyr 75 as a practice amp and I am very happy with its performance, range, flexibility and sound. Being someone who used tube amps such as Fender and Marshall exclusively back when I was playing (late 60s-early 70s), I am amazed at how accurately Peavey has replicated those great old sounds digitally! Fantastic value and quality workmanship. If I had one suggestion to make it would be to add rollers. I went ahead and put a set on my amp and it's much easier to move around. It's a good addition if you don't happen to have a roadie. Definitely a 10! Feature: Plenty of features Ease of Use: Pretty simple to use when you follow the manual. When that's not sufficient, there's always the online forums. Quality: Excellent craftsmanship and workmanship throughout. Value: More features than you can shake a stick at (provided you are the kind of person who shakes sticks at things) Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to consult Peavey yet for anything but in the past I have always received excellent assistance. The Wow Factor: Love the light show when you turn the amp on! Overall: You won't go wrong if you choose this company to do business with. Their products are top-notched and their service is the same.

"Peavey Vypyr, taking over where Line 6 fell short." submitted February 10, 2009

Music Style: Rock, Punk, Metal, Blues, Classical, Country
Sound: Sounds as close to a tube amp as I have ever heard. Those who say that they cannot get a certian sound...any sound out of this amp are either:lying, paid by another amp maker to bash this amp or have not spent the 10 to 15 min, without a manual to figure out how to adjust the settings on it. This is a distortion amp that also sounds great clean. If you only want a clean sound then always Fender is the way to go. This will give you any sound you want from clean to death metal and all between and without any extra pedals or effects. I do suggest that you get a quality cable and play with at least a decent axe though. Also, I have owned a Line 6 in both spider 2 and 3 models and the Peavey Vypyr blows them both away. LIne 6 is a great amp but Peavey Vypyr are just better sounding in any range from clean to death meatal. Feature: What can I say just look up this amp and read all the features for yourself. This one has all that I need and many more that I may not ever, but good to know they are there anyway. Ease of Use: I rate this amp only a 9 because maybe a beginner who has never had an amp and used external effects with it might have some trouble. I really think that the learning curve with this one equalls any Line 6 Spider 3. Really just read the owners manual and play with it for 10 to 15 minutes and you can find about the sound you want. After playing with all the settings on this for a few days you will find that you can really dial in any sound you want. Quality: Seems well made, I really have not had mine long enough to give it a bad review. Based on Peavey's reputation on making quality amps I am sure this will live up to their reputation. Manufacturer Support: Do not know... I have had no problems with mine so never have tried to call Peavey about anything, Ever...
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Sooo much potential!" submitted September 4, 2010

Overall
Music Style: jazz,classical,blues a little metal.
Sound: I was actually surprised by the tone this thing has Blues,Rock,jazz,metal! this thing does it all.Some hissing with the pre-gain turned all the way up,but other than that its prefect. Feature: The tuner is nice,decent effects...Cant say much really you need to buy the foot pedal to see this thing shine. Ease of Use: Read the manual! Took me five minuets to figure it out.Use the search function on your PDF reader since there is so much material to sort through. Quality: This is where every thing falls apart,unfortunately 20 day's after receiving the amp it just stopped working,OK must be a blown fuse,easy to fix...But you cant replace it your self or risk voiding your warranty.Quick search on the Google revels that almost all these units suffer the same fate and its not always the fuse.So save yourself the heartbreak of sending this amp back and choose something different. Contacted zzounds about it,they sent me back a nice email saying there sorry. :)and are willing to do a exchange or refund. Value: Would be a 9 or 10 if it wasn't for the quality. Manufacturer Support: Contacted Peavey.....no response. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal?...Its a box that makes noise.Lights are purdy though. Overall: I sent it back so I'm not satisfied,If Peavey came out with a new version that does not have any problems,I would buy it in a heart beat!

"Peavey has really raised the bar this time." submitted January 10, 2009

Music Style: Rock and Jazz
Sound: I don't know what the electronics geniuses at Peavey did but this unit sounds great. I am especially impressed with the two cabinet settings for the Joe Satriani emulations. The speaker is incredible delivering rich satin tones that have none of the static or popping sounds that seem common among speakers such as celestion and other top speakers. This one is more like the high end sounds you would get from an outta the average budget Bose. Feature: What really puts this combo over the top, and in a class by itself, is the power sponge. I can overdrive the amp to perfection at extremely low decibals. Peavey has truly raised the bar with this offering and its everything their marketing guys are claiming. Ease of Use: Like with anything these days it is taking a little time to figure out how everything works but they did a really good setting things up in a logical way. I really like how they set up the stomp boxes, then the cabinets and then the "rack" effects according to how they would be hooked in seperate modules ... it just makes sense. The feedback you get from the lights really helps ... they are intuitive and logical. However, it is still a very complicated array of features that will give fits to anyone that has trouble remembering if their socks or shoes go one first, but like the manual says, if you can't figure out where to plug in the guitar you should probably invest in a set of drums. Quality: I can't believe how light the whole unit is, its very easy to carry around. The only thing they could do to make it better is to angle the control panel upward so its easier to read and adjust. Like with just about every other combo amp on the market I have to practically get down on my hands and knees to work with it. Value: Hell yeah its worth the price, I am almost feeling guilty, like I stole something. Overall: I don't expect I will ever need to buy another combo amplifier.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Definately a Winner!" submitted May 23, 2011

Musical Background: New Player
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: A very versitile and affordable Amp. I like the WYSIWYG system, you can see your settings easily and simple adjustment procedures. It allows You to set it simple or "Go Deep" into the functions and features. It also can grow with the player. Plenty of volume and yet when You want clean quiet tones, it does not disappoint. I've had mine over a year and no problems or issues. Great job Peavey!

"One Bad A** Amp" submitted March 17, 2009

Overall
Sound: It has the all the sounds you are looking for Feature: It has all the effects you would need Ease of Use: At first you are clueless about it but after about 2 days you are up and playing Value: It is a BADA** amo for the price Overall: If you are wanting a good amp and not wanting to spend alot of money then this is the amp you need i had mine for about 2 months and i love it you can get any sound out of it from blues,Metal,Rock, and even country

When you call, mention priority code 1440-X7BT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976