When you call, mention priority code 15Z3-K4D3

Rating and Reviews: Peavey Vypyr 100 Amp

The Peavey Vypyr 100 rocks, offering 100 watts of modeling amp power. With 24 excellent amp models, the Peavey Vypyr 100 is a great choice.

Overall

"To sum up this amplifier is well worth the price I paid for it. I love the versatility and the feature set of it." submitted August 21, 2011

Music Style: Blues, Rock, Country, Jazz
Sound: I love this amp. I was going to get the Valve King because it is so versatile. It even sounds good when you plug in an acoustic guitar. The Vypyr is even better. I use the Twin setting with a little reverb and chorus, and it sounds like the Fishman I just sold. When I plug in my electrics, I can get almost any sound I want, from super clean to insane. I play a lot of blues and I love the sound of BB King's Lucille. I was able to dial in the sound with minimal fuss. I don't use the higher distortion amps like JSX, 6505, and DZL, but they are there when I need them. Feature: My dealer threw in a Sanpera I pedal with the deal. I would have liked to have the Sanpera II, but this one does most of what I want. You can definitely use the looper with it. I don't know about the quality of materials used. So far so good. Least useful features are the multitude of rack effects. I only use a handful of them. I wish it had a speaker jack in the back (don't think I'll ever be needing that though). Ease of Use: See the comments above in the first section. The interface is extremely intuitive. I only wish the letters were larger, but I feel that soon I will learn all the settings by heart and not have to refer to the manual so much. There is a learning curve to learn all the features of this amp, especially the pedal. The manual is adequate, but wish it had some settings for some set-ups used by artists. Quality: I would give this amp a 7 because I don't know how road-worthy this amp is. I have had amps in the past that were bullet-proof, like my Bad Kat and Mesa Boogie Mark V. This one looks a bit flimsey in some respects. I haven't had it long enough to tell how gig worthy it is, and I'm not really a road warrior. It seems like this amp would be better for studio work than live gigs, but who knows? I would definitely have a backup amp available. Value: When you think about what you get for about 500 bucks, it astounds me. Modeling amps are dime a dozen now days. This one has a built-in USB interface to talk to your computer, which you would have to spend at least a hundred or so for one. (It really works on both my PC and my Mac too). It also has a headphone jack which I absolutely need in my apartment. And a jack for my iPod to play along with the real artists. Manufacturer Support: I have contacted the company once by email, and they were prompt with their answer. The Wow Factor: This is a sexy product for sure, but I would not lust for it. It is just an amp with amplifies a guitar signal. It did solve some technical problems for me with my setup. Overall: This could be the last amp I ever own, but if something better comes along, who knows? It definitely fits the bill right now.
16 of 18 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Peavey Vyper 100 Watt 2-12 Solid State Combo Review" submitted May 31, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician - Come to the Gigs
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues
Sound: The whole point of a modeling amp is to get the amp to sound like another amp. This Vypyr does that thanks to a new 32 bit floating point risc processor called Sharc, and the patented Trans Tube technology created by Peavey. You can get everything from some really great clean tones from a Fender Wwin or Recto to the apocalypse end of time distortion of a JSX or K-Stein. It's all here. The Vypyr doesn't try to model every amp ever made. Just the "clean" and "distortion" channels of 12 all time great amps. This make the amp extremely versatile. Feature: I'd like to see an output to connect another cabinet. Also, an FX Loop. If this amp had those two features, it'd get a 9 or 10. But because it doesn't have it doesn't mean that this amp will not get your through a big gig. It's loud enough to cause stars to fall from the sky, and you can use up to 5 of the built in effects simultaneously. Ease of Use: What you see is what you get. WYSIWYG. Can't get much easier than that. Quality: Haven't had a single issue with the amp. Works perfect everytime I turn it on. Value: For the money - the most bang for the buck for an amp that has built in effects. Also, there is a tube version of these amps. An all tube H&K Switchblade is 3 times the price of the Vypyr. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use support so it gets a 5 (in the middle). Can't say one way or the other how support service is, which should say something about the quality of the amp. The Wow Factor: This amp is perfect for recording directly to DAW. It's also a great amp to gig with. The "light show" when you turn it on is kinda sexy in the dark. Overall: I'll keep this amp for a while. It's the perfect "weekend warrior" amp to take to local gigs. It'll hang with the "big dog" tubies out there. My bandmate has an original Peavey 5150 200 Watt all tube 2-12 combo and this amp hangs right up there with it wide open. Do use ear plugs if you play that loud, because you can suffer permanent hearing loss.....what did you say?

"Totally worth it for eclectic needs." submitted July 5, 2011

Musical Background: Just getting serious
Music Style: Grunge. Experimental.
Sound: I just got the Vypyr two weeks ago and it's freaking crazy. All of the effects sounded pretty awful aside from the distortions, which made me pretty upset until I started editing them. I'm enjoying a lot of the effects now that they've been toned down a bit. The amp is also really f**king loud. I only play it on 1 or 2 when I do play it, which is still pretty damned loud. And it takes a good 10-15 minutes to really hone in on the style you feel like playing, but after you do it would be highly recommended to keep a pencil and paper around to write down the exact settings you used. Fo' serious. Feature: Bummed out there is no looper without the pedal, but the ability to entirely edit your effects and how quickly the delay responds is totally still great. I've only been playing cheap amps which had no headphone jack, so that was a really great touch. Ease of Use: Learning curve guys.. Learning curve. It's going to be a while before I entirely get it down. I can never re-create a sound that I previously loved. But I can find entirely new ones I like more! :D I've read quite a bit about the USB recording jack making static sounds or pops when using it, but one person gave a great fix for that: Use a male to male plug in the headphone jack out to the mic jack in your computer. If you use a splitter on the jack you can listen to yourself record AND record without any worry of the USB bit messing up. Quality: I like the feel of this thing quite a bit. It seems pretty solid. I've read plenty of reviews of people dropping their amp and it still working as well. When I pulled mine from the box it (was FREAKING HEAVY and) was missing a knob.. Totally my fault though.. And the knob totally popped right back on! Value: For a guy just getting into intermediate stuff, and with all of the sounds, the loudness, the extra awesome things I can do with it... Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the purchase. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Standard sexy big amp. Overall: I'm sure I'll have this thing for another 3-5 years before I care for another amp. I am really starting to think about getting just a nice clean tube amp from peavey as well. Just a small 50 watt one.

"Other reviewers must be marketing personnel." submitted August 6, 2010

Music Style: Country, Southern Fried Rock
Sound: The sound of this amp is OK. You can switch to different models so the choice is yours. You have 12 presets unless you buy the extra $100 SanperaI footpedal... then you still only have 12 presets but you get the blessing of the looper... If you buy the $200 SanperaII then you get the additional functionality. Feature: This product comes with no footpedal. The idea of this is to get you to buy the up-sale products (one of the 2 different footpedals.) It has the cheapness of anything else made in CHINA. Whoever said they record directly into their DAW must use a MAC. I have not had any luck using Sonar 8.5, Ableton Live 8.1 or even Audacity. There are no ASIO drivers that come with this amp. The USB jack is USEless. Ease of Use: Without the footpedals, you get 1 stomp effect, 1 amp model, 1 rack effect, a reverb, and a delay. Without buying the $200 pedal, you cannot CHAIN any of the effects. Once you get the pedals, there is a learning curve to model you own sound. Otherwise, you can push buttons until you imitate other people's sounds. Quality: The knobs feel cheap. The 1/4 in jack is already loose in less than 90 days. This amp is made in CHINA, not in MISSISSIPPI. The speakers are Chinese-made Blue Marvels, not SCORPIONS, not IMMINENCE, and definitely not Celestions. Value: This is not good for gigs. I would have loved this as a teenager in my bedroom. Manufacturer Support: The only human that you will talk to is your dealer or the receptionist at the corporate office in Mississippi. Once you actually get the receptionist at the corporate office, she will find out if you are a dealer or a customer... customers talk to voice mail and never hear from a human. Dealers at least get the privilege of talking to a human. Don't anger your dealer... The Wow Factor: I wanted it before I got it. Now that I've got it, I wish I had saved my money. Overall: I'm already seeking another product. It's hard to unload equipment in a down economy. I'll stick with foot pedals and quality amps. I'll not buy another amp that promises to do everything. The control is way too limited.

"buy the tube version instead!" submitted May 25, 2010

Overall
Sound: very disapointed with its overall sound Feature: great built-in effects! Ease of Use: easy use Quality: great...its a Peavey! Value: average The Wow Factor: great starter amp for a new player

When you call, mention priority code 15Z3-K4D3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976