When you call, mention priority code 1771-8ZZ2

Rating and Reviews: Peavey ValveKing 100

The Peavey ValveKing 100 amp head is a lean, mean, all-tube machine. With variable A and A/B amp structure, the ValveKing 100 is versatile and powerful.

Overall

"ValveKing, a budget friendly tribute to the 5150... but not quite. Good for the money but although the power section is solid, i" submitted May 8, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recordist
Music Style: Metal/Blues/Extreme Music
Sound: This is the entry level "metal" head from Peavey. In that sense it is remarkably versatile. I don't give it a 10, because inevitably, in looks and design, it feels like a 5150, and although the power section delivers, the preamp section does not... not like a 5150. BUT and it's a big but, you can push that preamp power with a nice overdrive as I do with a Maxon OD808 and problem solved. This only applies if you are into that 5150, very high gain sound, otherwise for Metal, Rock this head delivers beautifully. For the money, this head is a HIT. Just a bid short on the preamp department. Feature: Again, for the price this amp truly surprises. The power is more than enough for a medium venue and at 5, it is louder than most amps in it's category at 10. It has variable a/b class control for a very customizable tone. It has 2 channels and a damn good clean channel at that. THAT is a high point, the clean is truly great, specially for those of us used to a 5150 that really cant get a nice clean going, this head is versatile in that sense. You have several gain buttons and switches that further "tweek" your gain, body and overall EQ. Ease of Use: Very straightforward, very easy to dial in a sound quite quickly. Quality: It's Peavey, it's durable, and it's very very well built. Not flimsy at all. Value: Great amp for it's price. Manufacturer Support: Never had a Peavey breakdown on me, had 5150, 5150 II, 6505 and none of them have broken down on me. Don't expect this one to be any different as it's construction feels very very 5150ish. Overall: I must say its' great for the price, alhtough I think it would make me truly happy if it were jut slightly more inexpensive. In any case, I MIGHT eventully chase down a Blackstar HT100 or a Jet City HDM100 just to try other interesting tones, but I am a Peavey man, I might only switch from the ValveKing if I stick with Peavey for a 5150 in good shape or a 6505 for a stronger gain and power in it's preamp section. But I am still reasonably satisfied with this head for now.

"Absolutely the very best for only $500." submitted May 10, 2006

By a customer from songs.sce.com
Overall
Sound: I have a Mesa Boogie Mark IV. This is every bit as good and much simpler to use. I will probably not use any effects except for delay because this thing is a Monster!! It howls and growls but is quiet as a mouse when not playing. Feature: For $500, what could you possibly want that this amp doesn't have? Ease of Use: Simple operation, took me 5 minutes to unpack, plug in, set the volume and tone and then, it blew me away!! Quality: This is my first Peavey product. All I keep reading now is how solid and reliable their equipment is. This amp looks incredibly well built and also looks cool too. Value: $500 and it sounds every bit as good and maybe better than my Mesa Boogie? You figure it out. Manufacturer Support: I'm rating a 10 because although I just got it, I had to wait 6 weeks and in the interim, the Peavey sales rep called me to apologize for the wait. He said they have a huge hit on their hands and can't keep it in stock. The Wow Factor: Awesome looking Head. Very cool Peavey logo. Overall: I will wear this amp out and go buy another one. But, I doubt that will happen for many, many years. I am sold on Peavey now and my next amp will be their Delta Blues model.
32 of 34 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Not for bedroom use!" submitted October 21, 2012

By Zach R in San Angelo, TX
Musical Background: Guitar player for 10 years
Music Style: Metalcore Deathcore Metal
Overall: This amp is great for metal. I am in a cover band and this amp will play any metal song you like. There are tricks to getting the tone you are looking for and one of them is a to run your cab in stereo. Another trick is to jump the effects loop. I use a tube screamer and boss ns2 to clean things up and get me the screaming harmonics. For people who say this amp has no bottom end they are correct, until you get the volume up to 3! When the volume is this high, the amp gets so loud and clear that the sound, sounds like it is hitting you from all directions! if you want to hear the amp before you buy it YouTube is not the place. You need to hear one live. Ps price don't matter when it comes to tone. This amp is not for bedroom use!

"LOUD!" submitted December 28, 2013

By Marc G in Newington, CT
Musical Background: Guitar for 4 years
Music Style: Classic rock, alternative, indie, grundge
Sound: the sound rating depends on which channel you're using. the clean channel is unbeatable. its has no break up until 6.5-10. but even then ts a very warm over driven sound. the bright switch makes its sound just like a fender so you know its a good clean channel just from that. the lead channel is very good as well. the gain any where from 3-5 is very good for classic rock and sounds great. from 6-10 its so heavy and hard. since its tube its still stays smooth. the lead can be to metal for my taste sometimes but if thats what your looking for for the price then get this. Feature: there is very little on this amp but its perfect for me. the reverb on its is spring which personally i've never really liked but its aright it may need tweaking. the lead channel has a boost switch and a gain boost switch so it makes it easy to play for soloing. the clean has a bright switch which sounds great. each channel has a three band equalizer. it has a resonance and presence control. one real con. DOES NOT INCLUDE FOOT SWITCH Ease of Use: easy, easy, easy. theres nothing to it. takes 5 minutes to set up and jam. all the controls are simple knobs not complicated buttons and wierd things. Quality: very well made sturdy. once again its heavy so the bigger they are the harder they fall. so im sure if i dropped this there wouldn't be a happy ending. the bad part is that if its raining and you have to bring its some where the grates on the front and back really expose the interior to the elements. Value: great value your not going to find any better NEW TUBE amps that are 100w for this price BUY IT Manufacturer Support: haven't had any problems but it got here quick and everything i've heard says peavey is very polite. The Wow Factor: this thing looks awesome. one time i had the lights off and this thing at max volume and the tubes were glowing so bright the cast shadows! Overall: this amp is all ease of use and is truly powerful. even for a hundred watter its loud. one of the best things is that its quiet it has almost no hum. its great the worst thing is that its heavy. so transporting it isn't so much fun.

"Peavey Valveking rocks" submitted December 14, 2006

By a customer from home.se
Music Style: Jazzfusion, Blues, Hardrock
Sound: I cannot belive the sound this monster makes. It can do everything from Jazz to 5105 EVH brownsound. You can set it up to sound like a marshall as well. I can only find 2 things wrong with it, you need to turn the lead channel up to at least 2 to set it free and interfierance from computers can be heard. Feature: 2 channels, one great lead channel and one awesome clean with bright button to get it to sound like a clean Fender amp. Well built and really not much more to say. Had it for 3 month now and Im still in love with it. Not only looks good but plays good. Effects loop as well. Ease of Use: See sound. Loads of possibilities. Specially the texture knob on the backside. Quality: Hard to judge but as I wrote, look sturdy and hasnt given me any problems yet. Value: Top notch. Manufacturer Support: Cant judge but homepage looks good. Loads of good players use Peavey so the must have done something right. The Wow Factor: Aye, its well built, sexy looking, awesome sounding monster. Overall: This'll last me for years I predict.
22 of 26 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"LOVE IT." submitted February 1, 2010

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Musical Background: PROFESSIONAL GIGGER
Music Style: ROCK AND METAL
Sound: I USE IT FOR GIGS. I DONT GET IT. STURDY LIEK A MOFU. PEAVEY STANDS ITS GROUND AGAINST EXTREMELY HIGH PRICED AMPS. Feature: TOO MANY FEATURES LEFT UNTOUCHED. I GIG AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK AND I HAVENT GOTTEN TO EVERYTHING. The Wow Factor: AWESOME.

When you call, mention priority code 1771-8ZZ2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976