When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-G0XK

Rating and Reviews: Peavey PV 12M Monitor

Peavey's PV series delivers serious value! Handling 500 watts program/1000 watts peak at 8 ohms, the Peavey PV 12M is an affordable PA monitoring solution. Unpowered. Requires separate power amplifier.

Peavey PV 12M Monitor Customer Review submitted August 25, 2008

By a customer from RESWA.org
Musical Background: Bass guitariist, DJ
Music Style: Rock, pop, country, blues, all types just about
Sound: It sounds ok, but a little on the brassy side. Feature: good shape--wedge and can use as a PA speaker on a stand Ease of Use: sounds ok, but a little bright Quality: seems ok. Value: It is a good value, but I replaced the 14 XT compression drivers with RX22's--blew the 14 XT's just like another person said. The RX22's made the difference Manufacturer Support: no problems The Wow Factor: It's ok, cheap Overall: Having replaced the copmpression drivers with RX 22's it should last forever now.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Disappointed. I won't buy or recommend Peavey in the future." submitted September 3, 2009

By a customer from juno.com
Music Style: Classic and Modern Rock
Sound: When it works, it sounds pretty good. The problem is a bad horn driver. The even bigger problem is that it's a problem in EVERY one of them, not just one of them. But they do sound good when the horn isn't blown. More on that below Feature: It's got parallel input/outputs, a handle and a speaker stand cup...good enough. Also, it's rated at 500 watts but we had put much less than that through them when the horns went. Ease of Use: It's a speaker cabinet. Plug it in...pretty easy. Quality: The cabinet is fine and the grill that protects the speakers seems fine. Again, the horn driver is the problem. If you want these speakers be prepared to buy replacement drivers. No, I'm not a kid. Professional musician here with 25 years of experience including touring. Value: They're cheap. But, figure on paying an extra $50 or so per speaker to replace the horns. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with them, but a bass player that I know has and said that he called Peavey about HIS set with blown horns and they gave him the run-around. Overall: If I had it to do all over again, I'd have gotten Yamahas

"Nice monitor" submitted December 18, 2013

By Kirk B in Cincinnati, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I play drums in a classic rock cover band
Music Style: Rock, metal
Overall: I actually use two of these daisy chained together for my band. We send a vocal heavy mix out to these and it reproduces the sound very nice and clean. I also like that they aren't too heavy and are well constructed with good handles and a metal grate covering over the speaker.

"Nothing Wrong With These!!!!" submitted August 16, 2006

Overall
Sound: Sounds Great Feature: Nothing Fancy Ease of Use: Simple to use, very basic Quality: Seems solid enough. Not made out of the thickness of wood that I am used to....but I don't jump on them!!! Value: Great price compared to other monitors of comparible value!!! Manufacturer Support: Peavey has always been helpful when I've contacted them The Wow Factor: Looks good, sounds good, priced good!!! Overall: I am a classic & southern rock musican. I've had these monitors for about a month now. They are clear & sound great, and I have used other name brands of monitors. They are very basic without anything fancy. For the price, they are a good deal compared to other monitors that are of camparible value. Only worry is that I am used to a monitor built with thicker wood, but these seem sturdy enough---I don't jump on them!!! Only bummer is that they are not American made, they are made in China. Pretty common now-a-days, but there are still a few other brands currently made in USA...but give it time!!!
13 of 16 people (81.25%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nice, but unreliable" submitted December 23, 2007

Musical Background: Group Director and Active Musician
Music Style: Acoustic Folk and Gospel
Sound: I use 2 of these monitors in live settings for vocals and acoustic guitars. The sound is bright with a nice bass body when it works. Feature: The pole mounting feature is very nice, especially for tight spaces where the monitor cannot be placed on the ground. Ease of Use: Very easy, just plug and play. Quality: Very unreliable. I have purchased 2 brand new ones and right from the start, the tweeter of the second one kept dying while performing, rendering just a dull sound. I returned it to the supplier and now am waiting... Value: I am not sure. The first thing I want in my gear is reliability. This is the first time that brand new gear malfunctions on me like this Manufacturer Support: I dealt with my supplier, very friendly, but waiting to see if this brand new monitor can get fixed... The Wow Factor: It is just a practical addition to help the vocals. Overall: I am quite dissapointed with the quality this Peavey product and I am already searching for other products reviewing other brands. I did not buy a cheaper product to avoid this type of problem, I mitakenly thought Peavey was ok if you want reliability.

"Peavey 500W 12" floor monitors" submitted January 24, 2017

By Tom S in Dallastown, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I have 54 years on guitar, about that much keyboads, a little harp.
Music Style: Blues-rock Party Jam music
Overall: I currently have them connected to my big stereo system. They sound very good. My band has a job Feb 11. The bass player will use one of these for his vocal monitor. He is very happy. I am pleased with them.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-G0XK. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976