When you call, mention priority code 1728-1GZX

Rating and Reviews: Peavey PV118 Subwoofer

With 400 watts of power and an 18" woofer, the Peavey PV118 subwoofer will ensure that your audience feels the bass.

Overall

"Youth church band with tight budget but massive sound" submitted September 26, 2007

Musical Background: Active musician, band leader
Music Style: Contemerary Christian/worship
Sound: I dont really like a sub that extends so far into the midrange like this one does, however if you are bi-amping with a crossover set between 150-250hrz, this thing will knock you off your feet. not only is it loud, but it also sounds better than most PAs that I've used in the past. 1 or 2 of these is good for large gigs and 4 is great for gigs for 250-500 Feature: Even though this sub doesnt have all the features of Subs that I have used in the past, works great. The Low pass crossover is pretty darn good if you are mono amping your set-up and runnning your subs/mains in parallel. I really like the grill. It has taken a few hits in our equipment trailer and saved the woofer many times. Ease of Use: 1/4" jacks, Sturdy Steel handles, fairly compact design. Hard to go wrong Quality: I have probably pushed these harder than most sound engineers would dare, but I have never, Ever had a minutes problems with anything Peavey. Now I do have a Yamaha mixer because peaveys are a little out of my price range, but this combo works really well. Value: Of course I bought mine about a year ago before the price went up $30, but still, you can buy a single 18" sub for $500 that can beat this one, but you can't buy a single 18" sub for $500 that can beat two of these. Ka-Boom. Manufacturer Support: I will give this a 8. I have never had to use it yet myself, but its good to know they are just a phone call away. The Wow Factor: Now, it's not much to look at, but, I have always been about function rather than looks. (and it still looks pretty good for the price) but the sound quality is what sold me. Overall: I have owned these for a almost two years now, and I have set these up on a football field in central Arkansas and cranked it up. These sat in one enzone and at the 50, the were as clear and crisp as any I have ever heard: even at the oposite enzone, they were pretty clear but volume was low
28 of 29 people (96.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Worth the money, and very happy with the unit." submitted April 8, 2014

By Ronald O in Avondale, AZ
Overall
Music Style: Mobile DJ, mostly dance music, live mixes.
Overall: This subwoofer has real clear sound, and low has very good thump to it. I have peavey PV115D powered speaker to power this sub. I have two of these Peavey PV118 passive subwoofer, and two Peavey PV115D powered speaker all these together bring crisp and clear sound with really good low end.

"Absolutely great value, you won't find a better one for that price anywhere. Peavey is a reputable company, don't get suckered" submitted July 5, 2007

By a customer from zoominternet.net
Overall
Musical Background: DJ, Karoke, small-time live sound, shows at school where I teach
Music Style: Variaty.
Sound: Sounds really good. I couple them together, which increases the SPL and that helps. For the price, can't be beat. Feature: Only 1/4" jacks, and everything's going "Speakon" these days. It doesn't bother me though. It has an internal crossover, which I appreciate for simplicity of use. Ease of Use: Plug and play. No external crossover needed, just amp to these, then out to the Tops... and crank it. Quality: I have to rate it according to the price/value. Not gonna get better for the price, and I've shopped around. Value: I can definitely go a "10" here. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it, but they're reputed to be excellent. They have engineers on most Pro-Sound forums always helping people out. Great company and support The Wow Factor: I like the simpleness of the design. I like seeing the speaker through the grill... want mine to look like a PA, not a home stereo. Overall: I've had it for a few years now. Got used two nights a week, five hours per night for 12 months, putting canned music through them in a decent sized bar. I put about 375 watts to each and had them EQed pretty hard, and they never missed a beat. Used them last summer for an outside street party, same settup as in the bar, and they thumped really well. I went way down the street and they were still sounding great, and that was with a live band.
80 of 86 people (93.02%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Peavey PV118 Subwoofer Customer Review submitted September 28, 2011

By a customer from beu.midco.net
Musical Background: Mobile DJ
Music Style: All
Sound: These things THUMP!!!They are clear, quick response and the sound fills the room. Feature: Built in crossovers work great. Ease of Use: Fool proof! Quality: Very heavy and built like a tank, alot to lug around but I use a cart to make it easier. Value: Zzounds will beat any price, (have done it for me several times)even at full price they are well worth it. I just ordered a second set so now I have 4 subs and to main tops. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed. The Wow Factor: Makes any sound system come alive, but you have to have enough power to push them as not to destroy them. Overall: Many years

"The Best for the Money. Period." submitted June 16, 2014

By Mitch H in Conrad, MT
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years. Professional. 24-40 gigs per year.
Music Style: Country, classic rock, and blues
Overall: I've been playing 30+ years with every type of equipment, and these are the absolute best in their price range, and even as good (or better) than subs twice their price. We use two of these with two PV15's indoors, and four of each for outdoors. Sturdy, solid, rich, thumping sound! You will not regret this purchase!

"Amazing Subs!" submitted August 12, 2010

Musical Background: gigging muscian
Music Style: Classsic rock
Sound: These subs are tight and punchy, they sound amazing! every bit as good as jbl, mackie or anything else! I run two of them off one QSC GX-5 and its a perfect match. I cannot find one thing at all negative to say about these subs, simply amazing value. Feature: its a sub, there is an in and out..I wish it had neutric in but thats a small detail Ease of Use: plug it in and crank it up! Quality: The sub is very well built, nice carpeting and strong corners, the grill is nice and you can see the speaker. I love it! Value: If you want the status of sying you have "JBLs" go ahead and spent triple your money, there is however no need, these subs are a fantastic purchase, the price is crazy for how ell they sound and are built..Nothing can compete value wise top these, do yourself a favor and spend the money on a better mixer or amplifier instead, these subs ROCK ! Awesome job peavey! The Wow Factor: they look great ! they sound amazing, there not to heavy and the cost is awesome! yes you want these! Overall: I expect to be happy for a long time with these subs for the type of medium size venues I play with my band, they sem to hold up to the road great abd are very well built, I found a winner here aned Im happy!

"JUST BUY IT YOU'LL LOVE IT" submitted May 20, 2005

Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: ROCK
Sound: SOUND IS GREAT..IF YOUR LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN FEEL THE BASS THESE ARE THE SOLUTION FOR A GREAT PRICE. MY BAND HAS 4 OF THEM ALONG WITH 4 PV215 AND I TELL YA I LOVE IT. VERY COMPAIRABLE TO THE EXPENSIVE PA'S THAT I HAVE HEARD Feature: VERY EASY TO USE PLUG AND GO. GET YOUR BOARD SET THE WAY YOU NEED AT LET THESE BABY'S THUMP Quality: THESE BABY'S ARE MADE TOUGH. WE PUSH THEM TO THE MAX AND THEY HAVE YET TO LET US DOWN Value: JUST GET IT AND YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED Manufacturer Support: HAVEN'T HAD TO USE THIS YET BUT HEARD THAT PEAVEY SUPPORT IS ONE OF THE BEST The Wow Factor: VERY BASIC LOOK BUT IT'S THE SOUND THAT MATTERS Overall: WOULD NOT HAVE PAID 600 FOR A SUB THAT I CAN PAY HALF THE PRICE FOR PEAVEY THAT IS JUST AS GOOD
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"PV118 Subwoofer" submitted May 12, 2014

By Bill Fronefield in Palmyra, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I play porfessionally for 25 years. I play lead guitar/lead vocal
Music Style: Country/Southern Rock
Overall: This is a great product! These kick hard- I like Peavey quality

"Bass Pounding Beast!" submitted December 15, 2011

By a customer from furuno.com
Musical Background: New DJ
Music Style: Rock, Alternative and even Dance music (when someone is paying for it)
Sound: When using this to add fill in bass to compliment two Peavey 115 mains, it rocks. Recently did a gig in a high school gym and this 18" sub and the two 115 mains worked perfectly together to provide an awesome sound. Feature: Peavey quality and excellent sound are its best features. Ease of Use: 1/4" TRS connection to amp with a second 1/4" TRS connection in parallel to daisy chain. There is nothing more simple than that. Quality: This sub is very well made. I have only used it four times, but I suspect it will be reliable for many years to come. Value: I think this just might be the best value out there for an 18" sub. $289.00 plus free shipping is one heck of a good deal. Manufacturer Support: Can't comment on support as I have not needed any at this point. The Wow Factor: It is good looking sub with a nice commercial look. Black is sexy! Overall: Considering Peavey known reputation for quality, I am not worried at all about longevity. I may by a second in the very near future.

"PEAVEY SUB WOFFER" submitted November 24, 2013

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: ALL MUSIC
Overall: LOVE THEM

"Awsome experience" submitted November 10, 2013

By rex fuller in council bluffs, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Have played drums for thirty years and listened to music longer now quality and value
Music Style: Rock, hard rock!
Overall: I am extremely happy with my purchase and will by from zzounds again!!

"A cheap sub for the cheap minded" submitted December 19, 2008

Sound: The sound is pretty flat, nothing much really to it. I don't understand how it can be considered a SUBwoofer if the bass can't go below 55hz. The built in lowpass is extremely high for this sub. If you just plug in the sub by itself, you can hear the high hats in every song. I was pretty disappointed overall.

"Nuthing wrong with ZZSounds blemished products, what a savings" submitted April 30, 2010

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: active musican
Music Style: classic rock , blues
Sound: I happen to get two of these as blemished products at the same time. and I cant tell that they are blimished, other than a slight bent corner on each, they sound great, Dont be afraid of resealed box or blimished. Feature: yes Ease of Use: Plug and play the only way to go Quality: yes Value: yes Manufacturer Support: Have owned Peavey equiptment for years , have never had any problems with anything I'v owned The Wow Factor: Great looking , the ownly thing I would change is to have tolex rather than carpet Overall: as long as Peavey doesnt get the big head and charge what the competitors charg for their over priced equiptment I will buy their product

"SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY,THESE PV118'S ARE THE REAL DEAL AT AN INCREDIBLE PRICE!!" submitted March 23, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: 34 years ,,bands,,,djing,,,karaoke.......
Music Style: rock,blues,jazz,funk,country....
Sound: Incredible sound for a ridiculously low price!! These babies pound!!! Great punch,you can feel these bad boys pumpin it out!!! Feature: Easy,1/4 plug in, and your ready to rock!! Very simple features [which is good for me] the simpler the better!!! Ease of Use: So easy to use even my mother in law could figure it out!! whoops i hope she doesn't see this!!!!!!!!!! Quality: Very solid, solid components,quality speakers,heavy duty grilles, nice carpeted cabinets,huge, and i mean huge bass sound!!! Value: The best value on subs anywhere!! I will put these subs up against any other brand out there!!!!!!! Manufacturer Support: I believe the best support from peavey is building a product that i dont have to use support for anything!! Over twenty years a peavey gear user and i've only talked to them to order an item [back in the eighties]that my local music store did'nt have!!! great products!!! The Wow Factor: Go to your local music store and have them plug the pv118's in,when you here them once you will want these speakers!! Make sure you go home and order them online [ there so much cheaper online]!!!!!! Overall: These speakers were one of the best buys that i have ever gotten!! These have met my expectations and then some!! Unbelieveable price and quality!!!!
43 of 44 people (97.73%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1728-1GZX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976