When you call, mention priority code 16KB-HN4H
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Peavey PR15N Loudspeaker

Moving your PA setup is a snap with this Peavey speaker. Its heavy-duty woofer and compression driver are housed in light yet sturdy polypropylene enclosure.

"Best speakers ever bought." submitted February 23, 2009

Music Style: HipHop
Sound: The sound is awesome. The high frequency drivers now have 2 fuses so you really cant blow them unless you are pushing them hard. These are way better then the first made. The first always blew the fuse before blowing the tweeter its self. It was a simple fix but it was still a waste of money . I myself never have blown a speaker because i know how to run them. The only problem with these are the low frequency. The 15inch sub doesnt really hit that hard. Feature: N/A Ease of Use: Plus into the 1/4 jack. And GO. Quality: Very durable. Very light. Very small. If you are looking for just high frequency go with PR12s those are realy small but these are go for mids also. Value: For something so small and so loud its worth the 195 I spent on thse babys Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: You need these to your setup. Overall: You need these no matter what. They are very usefull and LOUD.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Speakers... Fantastic value." submitted July 5, 2007

By a customer from zoominternet.net
Musical Background: Mobile Sound
Music Style: All types
Sound: Sounds fine. I'm not sure what the others were compaining about. They're $200 speakers. I subscribe to a couple ProSound forums, and whenever someone is looking for a low-cost speaker that's a good value, this speaker comes up every time. Feature: 1/4" only no Speakon, but that's fine with me. NO piezo tweeter, they've got a good compression driver, and good protection there... I've seen the cab light up quite a few times as a result of feedback, and they're still working perfectly. Ease of Use: Can't get easier, light as a feather (almost). Quality: For the price, I don't know what out there is better. And for any price, they just sound good enough for anything I've used them for, short of a large band in a large venue, for which I just brought other speakers, but who knows, these may have done okay. Value: I've gotta give a ten here, where I can take the price completely into consideration. There is no better value for $200, and I shop carefully. Manufacturer Support: I've never needed any, but Peavey's support is known to be good. I belong to a couple pro-sound forums, and peavey engineers are always there helping people... great company with great product and staff. The Wow Factor: Actually, they've got me so spoiled with their looks, light-weight and good sound, I don't know what I'd do without them. I've got much-more expensive speakers, and they rarely go out since I've gotten these. Overall: All things considered, there are too many advantages, looks, sound, weight, price, the Peavey name... no going wrong with these.
49 of 52 people (94.23%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The way of the future" submitted April 21, 2012

By V L in Pomona, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for over 17 years in band & professionally for about 5. I play bass, guitar, drums & teach music for a living.
Overall: I've owned about 3 different 15" speaker enclosures 2 set's of Peavey's speakers & 1 set of JBL's but never a plastic enclosures type speaker. I kept seeing them more & more over the years & wondered if they would hold up plus they weren't cheap so I did my homework compared these. For the value & reliability you just couldn't pass them up. Was contemplating a pair SP5 & its fine if you have help to lift them but ever find yourself at a gig & your band who was supposed to be there early to help is running late or MIA? Then your the one who has to move the PA & set it up. Now it wont be as much of a burden to move these bad boys. It may still suck moving the PA for your flaky band mates but it wont break your back, or your wallet & you'll still sound great. I don't dread lifting these speaker like my old ones also the bass response when playing music is still punchy.

"perfect sound" submitted May 17, 2011

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: 20 years in country music as singer and pianist
Music Style: country and gospel
Sound: i own these speakers ,and couldn't ask for a better sound.i am a female musician and singer. prior to buying these speakers, it was very difficult to set the sound to fit my voice,with the speakers i was using. these give a nice crisp sound for the voice. and another thing,theyr'e so lightweight ,that i can move them around myself. theyv'e proven to give a good sound, outdoors, nightclubs,and church. i've had them 4 years, and and they still look brand new, no scuffs. i wouldn't trade them.can't go wrtong with the sound you get from these speakers. Feature: no accessories included Ease of Use: so easy to get a great sound from the4se speakers, that i can set everything myself. Quality: very well made. i trust these speakers completely. Value: this product is well worth what i paid for it. Manufacturer Support: no services needed on these speakers The Wow Factor: i love the way it looks on stage, so neat. Overall: i wouldn't think of trading this product, as long as it is working.

"Dont Push It Too Hard..." submitted September 12, 2012

By DJ Sizzl3
Musical Background: Dee jaying for about 6 Years
Music Style: R&B, Dance And Hip Hop....
Overall: I have a set of the Peavey PR15N's....Actually Two Sets Now. I ran them with a Mackie FR-800 for quite sometime now a set. The sound is Superb when you listening to them. But like i said, Dont Push Them Too Hard. Kepp your gain on your amp at about 5 or 6 and Pump The Volume on your Board/Mixer. Anything higher than that might cause that crossover to burn out ...Like I did. Great Sound; But dont over do it.

"Peavey products are awesome!!" submitted May 16, 2006

Musical Background: active
Sound: Currently I use a crappy old mixer amp and I can't believe how great the speakers sound. Great bass ! Ease of Use: Easy to use. I wish they had speakon inputs as well. Quality: Peavey always comes through. These are very lightweight and sound awesome. Value: To move up to a 15" speaker at this price, how could you beat it. Manufacturer Support: Have never needed service on a peavey product. Overall: Something like a red grill or something flashy would be cool.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Drawback... What Drawback??" submitted March 8, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician / DJ / Hobbyist
Music Style: Rock / Country / Worship
Sound: The Peavey PR15 has a GREAT overall sound. Good solid bass and clear crisp highs. A good Quality sound at lower levels yet able to crank it out when needed. My only suggestion would be to use an additional sub-woofer for extreme bass conditions or outdoor venues. Feature: Lightweight and Durable! Having only 1/4" inputs is kind of a drawback, Speakon connections would be a plus. Ease of Use: Just Plug-n-Play Quality: Overall the PR15 is a well built speaker. The polypropylene (plastic) housing makes this speaker almost indestructible. The 1/4" connectors also seem to be very solid. Not flimsy like a lot of them out there today. Value: GREAT VALUE!! I own other speakers that i have paid much more for, And the Peavey PR15 holds it's own! Well worth the money spent. Manufacturer Support: No Opinion. Not needed. I have had no issues to report. The Wow Factor: Purchased the PR15 as a practical addition to my PA system, But they do have a nice professional appearance. Overall: I am very satisfied with the Peavey PR15. As stated before, i own other speakers. But the PR15's are the mains i choose to take out week after week. Great sound and easy to carry. I would definitely purchase them again if they were lost or stolen.

"Excellent value, great sound and super light!" submitted September 16, 2009

By a customer from iname.com
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Jazz
Sound: These thing rock! I have the originals, from back in the last '70s, early '90s, wooden cabs, etc. I needed lighter speakers and these really perform well. I waited for the sale at Guitar Center and I got them for $160.00 each! Feature: Simple. Ease of Use: Simple Quality: I took mine apart because I read where sometimes the wiring can be loose, etc. No issues. Manufacturer Support: NA Overall: Excellent value, great sound and super light!

"Karaoke, not for the faint of heart!" submitted April 19, 2008

By a customer from virfx.net
Musical Background: Karaoke business/KJ
Music Style: Everything that sounds like a song, It's Karaoke
Sound: Three years installed at a permanent gig. Great bass and vocal quality sound. I will be buying more! Value: Definitely, My system has been running in one location for over three years and still sounds awesome. The Wow Factor: The sheer sound quality that You get with these speakers Overall: Minimum 5 years, I'll be buying a second pair to rotate my first set to a second gig. Sound quality is a high priority!!!

"best speakers i have ever bought for the value" submitted June 7, 2011

Overall
Sound: great sound on tops and bottoms..and the price makes it that much sweeter Ease of Use: a 10 here cause all u have to do is plug in ur 1/4 in jack and rock the house Quality: great looks light weight and awesome Value: the best speaker on the market for the price Manufacturer Support: its peavey..enough said The Wow Factor: i own 2 sets of these Overall: i plan on using these for a long time they sound great there light weight and there backed by peavey's waranty

"Nice light speakers" submitted November 18, 2013

By Jose Nunez in Anthony, NM
Overall
Musical Background: Pro Musician, Vocals Bass Player ?DJ for over 25 yrs.
Music Style: Mexican Music
Overall: I own a pair of this speakers I use them as monitors but when I crank them up the 1/4 plug kept unplugging so I installed speakon connectors on them problem solved

"Bullet Proof. Great speakers for a great price." submitted June 30, 2007

Musical Background: MP3 DJ
Music Style: I play what the people want.
Sound: Really great speakers for the money. Very very clear, the compression drivers and its crossovers are matched perfectly. Low end response is great if you have a decent sized mixer/amp powering them. But in a large room (such as our school's gym) they don't produce much bass. I'm currently searching for a subwoofer to compliment the speakers. Feature: Tweeter protection is great, its saved me twice. The lightweight boxes are amazing! At first i was skeptical about the plastic boxes and sound output. nothing to worry about. the boxes are very durable. ive had drunks knock them off of stands and hit concrete. just some scratches and they keep playing fine! Ease of Use: Really doesn't apply here. just plug and play. Quality: great quality. the only problem that i have is the tweeter protection fuse sometimes doesn't make good contact. to repair you dont need to unplug the speaker. Value: BANG FOR THE BUCK! These speakers are the best that you can get for $200. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to contact Peavey for any of their products. The Wow Factor: Very good looking, closely resembles their bigger brother, the Peavey Impulse. Overall: Great speakers, good sound, great durability, extremely good value. They are rated at 400W @ 8 ohms (Program) I have a behringer mixer that puts out 300 @ 8ohms a channel. i wouldn't push them harder than that.

"NOT VERY EXPENSIVE, FULL SOUND PA SYSTEM." submitted March 25, 2008

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Overall
Musical Background: Former active musicians (weddings, parties etc), now hobbyist
Music Style: rock, rock and roll
Sound: Full BASS and very good mid and hights. I did a lot of research for the PA system and opted PR15 for the price+quality=value. You can not beat it for the price. I'm running pair of PR15 through Yamaha EMX312 and it outputs very clear full sound. Exellent BASS, I had to reduce bass on the channel when tested it with a fender strat guitar, bass sound like a bass guitar is buing played. Vocal sound very clear and full with sureM58 mic as well. Overall the speakers sound very good, at least for the money, just make sure they are driven by the good quality amplifier. Feature: Very light for the power and size, easily could be handled by one person. Seem to be durable. Ease of Use: Very light for the power and size, easily could be handled by one person. Quality: Seem to be durable. Good quality. Value: I think they are the best value for the money. Manufacturer Support: Do not know. The Wow Factor: I think the design wopuld have been better, a little bulky look, but not too bad either. Overall: I never had PEAVEY products, but while doing my research I saw many people saying about high relayability of their products. I compared this speaker to Yamaha BR15(much heavier, bass is not that full).

"PRO 15 LIGHTS SURVIVED HURICANE IN BAHAMAS. PURCHASED FOUR PAIR AFTER RESORT LEFT SPEAKERS OUT SIDE DURING HURICANE AND NEXT DAY" submitted March 23, 2010

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Musical Background: BALIDEER .MUSICIAN. DJ
Music Style: GOSPELL HOUSE MUSIC
Sound: VERY GOOD HIGHS LIGHT BASS. GOOD. EXCELLENT. YES.YES. YES. YES. GOOD.GOOD. GOOD. QSC 1450 AMP CROWN 602 AMP DBX COMPRESSOR LIMITER DBX 15 BAND EQ SENHIESER MIC 2 ELECTRO VOICE FORCE 18S I ADDED INSULATION TO INCREAS BASS RESPONS AND REDUSE VIBRATION Feature: NO.FLYING PIONTS POLE MOUNT HANDALS.NO SPEAKON CONECTS. SEAKON CONECTS. Ease of Use: EASY.YES.EASY.EASY.NO.EASY. Quality: YES.GOOD.GOOD.NO.VERYI CAN DEPEND ON IT.IT IS ROAD READY.WOOFER.NOT SHURE. Value: YES. Manufacturer Support: NO. The Wow Factor: 10.YES. Overall: FOR EVER.NO.DAMAGE.YES. REPLACE IT. THE FREAQUENCY RESPONCE. PRICE.BASS RESPONCE

Peavey PR15N Loudspeaker Customer Review submitted July 21, 2009

Overall
Sound: i think the pr 15 sp[eaker is great. it has great lows,mids, and highs. i don't think these chould get any better. Feature: i love how light they are they are perfect. Ease of Use: it is easey to get great sound from these speakers it very easey to get the sound to myu tast. and they are very playable! Quality: they are made very strong all of the parts are tightand they are very reliable.i depend on them,m yes they are. nothing is bad on them. Value: it is warth its price and it is pretty cheap Manufacturer Support: nope. they solved my problem, i hae not had any experiences under the warranty i never neded any repairs or upgrades. The Wow Factor: i woule rate this product 10 it helps me with the sound. Overall: untill they blow, not untill they break.

When you call, mention priority code 16KB-HN4H. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976