When you call, mention priority code 16JM-L6F2

Rating and Reviews: Peavey PR12 Speaker

Get quality you can depend on with Peavey's PR12N loudspeakers, which feature 400 watts of power handling and lightweight speaker magnets.

"Solid for the price" submitted March 30, 2008

By a customer from it.rit.edu
Overall
Musical Background: active musician, local gigs only
Music Style: pop/club
Sound: We use a pair of these as stage monitors for live performance. They sound good. Great for the money! Quality: Light weight and plenty durable. A jack unscrewed after a year's worth of use -- but was easy to repair. You can't seem to hurt these speakers. Value: I can't think of a better speaker at this price range. I also own JBL Eons (passive) and they are twice the price, although they sound a bit better. But not twice as good. Manufacturer Support: I needed a minor repair (see above) and went to the local dealer, even though I bought them online. Because it's Peavey, there are ample local dealerships who are helpful, if you ever have a problem. The Wow Factor: very practical. Overall: I have owned these for almost two years -- no problems. I expect to keep them for quite a while. I can't imagine anything else will be this good in this price range.
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"good value. for the money how could you go wrong. It is a PEAVEY! It will last forever and take all of the abuse of live sound!" submitted January 11, 2008

By a customer from hughes.net
Music Style: Blues Rock
Sound: Sounds very clear. I have owned Peavey's for over 20 years and they still manufacture quality speakers. Crisp clean sound. Lack some low-end response, but I knew that before I bought them. Using a Soundcraft Gigrac 1000. It would most likely sound good with most quality PA heads & mixers. Feature: could use speak-on inputs, but there goes the price! I was on a budget and the 1/4" plug-ins are OK. Ease of Use: Very easy to get the right sound if you have the right PA. Quality: So far very good quality. Very light to set up on speaker stands which is why I bought them. Value: How could you go wrong with Peavey? Best quality for the dollar. Manufacturer Support: Its Peavey. I can be assured I will never have to call them. There product stands the test of time. The Wow Factor: It does the job. Overall: It is a Peavey, so I know it will last 20 years. It could use some more bottom end, but it works fine for a 3 piece band.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Speaker" submitted August 17, 2013

By Brian S
Overall
Musical Background: I have played bass guitar for 29 years and have played in a dozen or so bands over the years. Now I play as a hobby.
Music Style: I have played, rock, metal, country, blues, Christian rock and classic rock.
Sound: The sound out of these speakers is a little lacking without some sort of eq but once they are minimally equilized they really come to life. Crisp, clear highs and decent mid range and (for 12" speakers) okay lows. (If you want alot of bottom end, you will want to try the 15" version of these speakers. Value: These are a great value! The Wow Factor: I use these as floor monitors for our band and they really work well. I had to make some foam add ons for the handles so they sit at a useable angle on stage. For mains, just a little eq and these speakers come to life! I have to agree with other reviewers and say that if you want earth shattering lows, get the 15's or buy subs. Overall: Bought a pair of these to use as monitors. They work great although they do not sit at a good angle on stage. I improvised foam covers on the handles to get them to sit at a better angle and look good. Sound wise these speakers aren't bad. With a little eq these speakers sound awesome! I will be buying another pair of these in the future.

"What a steal!" submitted March 5, 2014

By Steve W in Sidney, IL
Musical Background: I have been doing karaoke shows for 15 years
Music Style: Mostly country rock, but everything gets its turn!
Overall: I purchased these to use as a lightweight alternative to my Kustom dual 15" towers. While I'm professed not to be in the same audiophile category as I'm sure most ZZsounds customers are, I still want the best product for my money. I do 25-30 karaoke shows a year mostly as a hobby and for family parties and the Kustoms are just to big to haul around. As soon as I opened these up I was impressed initially by the light weight and the smooth look. They fly easily on stands and made my setup/tear down time a snap. As for sound...they are Peaveys! I was surprised at how much bass these lightweight 12"s put out. The mids and highs had to be EQed down a little but that is what the knobs are for right? Bottom line, they sounded great! I found these on another site cheaper than ZZsounds and within 15 minutes ZZsounds had not only matched the price but undercut it by an additional 2%! Shipping was fast and the product came in perfect shape. Kuddos ZZsound, I will be a repeat customer.

"Peavy PR12N Speakers - way cool" submitted June 21, 2012

By Steve S in Menifee, CA
Musical Background: 30 years, keyboard, guitar, vocals
Music Style: rock, standards, country
Overall: These Peavy speakers powered a 50 by 100 room no sweat. With larger rooms we may need to add 15" base speakers but these two twelves did a remarkable job of carrying both highs and lows even for a room of that size. Very clean siound very portable, very light.The jury is still out for durability, but they seem very well made and the protective screens will probably only dent with truly abusive behavior.

"Good product, quality sound, reasonable price." submitted May 2, 2008

By Geo Conner
Overall
Musical Background: pro studio and touring
Music Style: you name it
Sound: With a good amp, it sounds just about as good as anything out there. Feature: It is simple to use, lightweight and has common 1/4" connections. Ease of Use: As straightforward as it gets... Quality: No problems so far. All my Peavey stuff has held up very well throughout years of steady use. Value: Given the consistent quality, durability and ease of use, $170 is fair for this product. Manufacturer Support: I have only had to call Peavey once in thirty years of using their stuff. It took a little longer than I though necessary to get the right person on the phone. After that, we got a small issue resolved quickly. (I just wanted to buy a replacement speaker for a ten year-old used amp) The Wow Factor: This is a utilitarian speaker cab. It does it's job without hype or marketing BS. It may not be the sexiest speaker in the world, but paying too much for advertising hype is just stupid, and stupid is not sexy. Overall: I still have a thirteen year old Peavey amp that works perfectly. I expect that with reasonable care and proper use, this thing will last just as long.

"Peavey PR12N speakers" submitted April 1, 2012

By Randy Turner in Montpelier, OH
Musical Background: Home stereo listening room
Music Style: classic rock, older country
Overall: I replaced four Cerwin Vega DX-9 speakers (15" 3 way) with eight of these Peavey PR12N speakers. I liked the price and light weight as well as the molded plastic enclosures, as the particle board enclosures were failing on my Cerwin Vegas. I read the previous reviews that said the Peaveys had limited bass, and reviewed the specifications. I thought that with the increased woofer area compared to the Cerwin Vegas, the bass would be adequate. There is available bass, but not down near as low as the Cerwin Vegas would produce. I'm going to have to buy or make a subwoofer. I'm powering these with four SoundCraftsman PM860 power amps. These are set up with two sets of two in bridged mono mode, each amp powering two of the 8 ohm Peaveys in parallel. The overall sound is fine, and I like the overall appearance and workmanship. I think that once I get a subwoofer to extend the low frequency, I'll be fine.

Peavey PR12 Speaker Customer Review submitted May 28, 2009

Overall
Sound: Our band has been very happy with the sound quality. We run a pair of these using the Peavey XR 8600 powered mixer. These match up really well. Feature: Light weight!!! What more can I say. No more HEAVY wooden boxes!! Ease of Use: This set-up is about as "plug-n-play" as you can get. Quality: Good quality and can take some beating around in the load in and out process without showing a lot of wear. Value: Good price/performance ratio. Manufacturer Support: So far, we haven't had to contact the company and we have been using these for about a year. The Wow Factor: This is a very practical speaker design and it is not obtrusive on the stage. Overall: We will be using these speakers until they turn to dust.

"my peavey experience IMHO" submitted March 22, 2012

By art antonio in Hayward, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 30+yrs. Guitar/Keys Professional weekend warrior.. Private,clubs,Corporate gigs, etc.
Music Style: I love variety..played practically a little bit of everything but basicly RnB,blues,pop,jazz are fav
Overall: They are great as monitors. The tweeter horn and the speaker are nicely matched makes it easy to EQ properly and control feedback while maximizing volume. Considering buying the powered version to beef up my monitor sys. PR12N is well worth the money and then some compared to the Beringer B212XL which is about the same price and very crappy IMO

"Powerful and Practical" submitted April 23, 2012

By Jim B in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years on keyboards and vocals. Small band playing in bars and clubs.
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: Recently purchased a pair of Peavey SP12N speakers for my band’s PA system. The Peaveys replaced a pair of old Carvin 12" speakers, one of which blew out. I looked at a lot of brands (Mackie, Behringer, EV, JBL) but chose the Peaveys after reading so many good reviews on this site as well as others about Peavey’s price, performance and reliability. I have owned EV and Yamaha speakers in the past, but this is my first Peavey purchase. The reviewers were right - these Peaveys rock. Super lightweight, tough plastic casing, crisp highs. I run them in parallel off a Crown XLS 1000 amp in bridged mono mode (delivering 1100W into a 4 ohm load). Seems like the Peaveys require a lot of wattage for 12" speakers (400W at 8 ohms), but the sound is awesome - far superior to the old Carvins. Price and performance, I definitely recommend them.

"Good Sounding, Sturdy Speaker" submitted March 14, 2012

By Ken Wilson in San Diego, CA
Musical Background: Professional Mobile DJ
Music Style: Top 40
Overall: I have 3 pairs of the 10" and 2 pairs of the 12" I use for karaoke rental machines. They stand up very well to getting beat-up. These are most definitely road warriors. Sound is fine at low and high volumes. Not stellar but perfectly acceptable with no complaints.I keep ordering these speakers because they are worry free and do the job.

"Pr 12's" submitted August 25, 2012

By Donald H in cleveland, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Piano, vocals, Professional 40+ years.
Music Style: Christian, Southern Gospel
Overall: I bought a pair of these to "Lighten my Load". I'm a professional musician traveling for 40+ years. I've had every kind of speaker known to man. But, as age is creeping on me, strength is not. These are very lightweight, and the sound is awesome. Great bottoms without a sub, and delivers a rich bite in the highs. I'm more than pleased!!!

"These little boys got all the bang you need " submitted April 7, 2010

By a customer from Yahoo.com
Music Style: DJ Club
Sound: The Sound Will Blow You Away Feature: Very Light Weight it Better Than Carry A Pair of my 15" Around Ease of Use: The 1/4 Jack make it easy to plug the Speakers Right in Quality: You Can Depend on These Speakers for a Long Time I got a Pair of pro audio 15" 700 Watts And it cant compare to these Litte warriors Value: It is worth the the money i can tell you now.go with these and go cant go wrong The Wow Factor: Cause my friend got a pair and it blow me away

"IF YOU WANT SOME GREAT SOUNDING SPEAKER GET A PAIR OF THESE PEAVY AND YOU CAN'T GO WRONG BELIEVE ME ." submitted March 15, 2010

By a customer from Yahoo.com
Musical Background: DJ Club
Sound: The Sound Is Great and they sound way better than my pro audio trap 15" Feature: they are lite weight and easier to carry Quality: will you know it's a peavy and the quality you can't beat the price. Value: Great price zzounds will match anybody price and my give it to you a little cheaper than what you seen. The Wow Factor: yes i wanted it cause my friend got a pair and we at a park funtion and the speaker carry very good Overall: the are way better than my pro audio 15"

When you call, mention priority code 16JM-L6F2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976