When you call, mention priority code 1739-VRYV

Rating and Reviews: Peavey PR10 Loudspeaker

Produce superior sound with this Peavey 2-way speaker. The light yet sturdy enclosure holds a heavy-duty woofer, thick voice coil and titanium driver.

"Road Worthy Value" submitted September 16, 2008

By a customer from mysandiegodj.com
Musical Background: Owner, San Diego DJ
Music Style: Big Band to Hip Hop
Sound: I own three pairs of this speaker. I use them as part of a karaoke rental package. The sound is perfect for the both music and vocals with clear, crisp reproductions for smaller venues like backyards. The 400 watt power handling is a plus for such a small speaker. Feature: The molded handle makes transport easier and the poly cabinet stands up well to bumps and scratches. Ease of Use: Simple 1/4" plug with pass through for daisy chaining. Speaker stand hole in bottom perfect for mounting on stands. Nice and light. Quality: 3 pairs subject to all kinds of abuse by renters have stood up well. No blown woofers, nothing falling apart. Emblems are not firmly attached and those are the first to go. The only reason I gave it a 9 in this category. Value: I dinged their score a little in this category because I feel the price is a bit high for this poly 10" speaker. It should really be priced closer to $99. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with support due to the trouble free nature of these speakers so I gave them a 10 on credit. The Wow Factor: The battleship grey is unappealing and outdated. It should be black if they expect any points in this category. Overall: I give a nine overall because the many pros definitely outweigh the few cons for this speaker. Road worthy, good sound, reliable. A little ugly and a little pricey.

"PEAVEY PR10N PA SPEAKERS." submitted December 27, 2012

By C.D.A. PRODUCTIONS in FT.WORTH, TX
Overall
Musical Background: COMPOSER -33YEARS,SINGER PERFORMER,CHORAL DIRECTOR.
Music Style: R&B,CHORAL,JAZZ,COUNTRY.
Overall: I OWN THESE.I RENT ANDO P.A. FOR ALL OCCASIONS,LARGE AND SMALL EVENTS.THEY HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN,AND ALL HAVE BEEN QUITE EMPRESSED BY THEM.

"Great for small venues or bi-amping!" submitted July 6, 2006

Musical Background: DJ since 1988 and sound tech for local bands since 1999
Music Style: A wide variety, but mostly Classic Rock and Country
Sound: I DJ small to mid-size venues and wanted something ultra-portable. My original plan was to build my own small satellite speakers, since I Bi-amp. Since I have preferred to design my own cabinets in the past, and have had great results, my expectations were very high. I demand a well-balanced response, and won't settle for the typical sound expected from most PA systems. I have not been disappointed by these, since I bought them to get me by until I could carefully finish my own design. They have proven to be more than adequate, and I have temporarily shelved my own design. I am confident that these will work well, even without a sub, for smaller venues. Feature: Two of the best features are the size and weight. They are tiny, and easy to move around. Ease of Use: Because of the small size, they are easily moved around and effortless to pole mount. Quality: I am confident that these will practically forever, barring any natural disaster, such as a tree falling on them or something. They seem tough enough, though the enclosures do scratch fairly easily, when exposed to rough edges. Value: I believe that they are priced fairly. The Wow Factor: These have proven to be a very practical addition to my rig. I have considered replacing my floor monitors with a few of these, since my monitors are now bigger than my mains.

"Works great for me" submitted February 19, 2007

Musical Background: 20+ years Active Musician
Music Style: Classic Rock, Acoustic, Originals
Sound: Excellent sound for such a small speaker. I play solo at medium size venues and they work great for my needs. They have better sound than the 15-inch speakers I was previously using. They are very clear throughout the volume levels that I use. Probably wouldn't suggest them for very high volume levels. Feature: Nice molded handles. Easy to carry. Mounts to speaker stands easily with built-in hardware. Ease of Use: It's a speaker...just plug it in. Quality: Well made..fairly durable. strong case. Value: Great product for the price. Best speaker in this price range. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any support. The Wow Factor: Very practical piece of equipment. Overall: A good all around lightweight speaker for the price. Great sound for the size.

"Great sound and very light for a small price" submitted December 3, 2010

Musical Background: DJ since 1988 and sound tech for local bands since 1999
Music Style: An eclectic mix, ranging from show tunes to country, classic rock, rap, and everything in betweeen
Sound: A DJ/sound tech can only sound as good as the last link in the audio chain allows. These have great sound, and are very accurate, considering the low price, and simple crossover design. I am very often told that I have one of the best sounding rigs in the area, and these are part of the reason. I use VERY little EQ, if any, depending on the room, as usually none is needed, beyond a very small cut, about 4dB, centered at around 4000Hz. They are small, so of course, the laws of physics dictate that you aren't going to get booming bass from them, though they are pleasing down to 60Hz or so, and in a small room, applying a little bass boost can be enough for most musical tastes, that don't involve heavy use of 808 kick drums, and such. For most venues, I add a subwoofer, and all is well. For bigger venues I run two pair of these with two subs. Again, compliments regarding my sound quality are frequent, even including fellow DJ's and even professional sound techs who are responsible for supporting national acts. Impressive, for speakers that are under $300/pr. Also read my earlier review, submitted 7/6/2006, written about a month after buying my first set of these. Feature: They are speakers, and therefore plug and play. 1/4" inputs, only, though this is not an issue, for me. Ease of Use: Ease of use? Again. Plug and play. The fact that they are so light is very helpful, and my back thanks me for buying another pair of these feather-weight babies. Quality: I just ordered my third pair of these, since 2006. (read my earlier review, submitted 7/6/2006). They have been incredibly durable, and have handled everything I have thrown at them, pushing them to their limits, several nights a week, in situations where I have seen other people use bigger and much more expensive speakers, less effectively and less reliably. Usually these are run on a QSC RMX2450 in stereo, so they are getting close to 500 Watts RMS. Many nights I run the amp right up to the point of the limiters coming on, occasionally, then back off, just a hair. They never break a sweat, and I have confidence that the power rating is quite accurate, assuming you never overdrive anything in your chain. You do check your levels, monitor your levels, don't you? Value: For my purposes, this has been one of the best purchases I have made, and is the reason I have bought multiple pairs of these. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to use their support, and I don't expect to, so I am granting an 8, as a default. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal? Well, they aren't as aesthetically pleasing as some other brands. If they were available in black (the powered versions are, so why not these?) I would prefer them in black. Still the fact that I have now bought several pair over the course of 4 1/2 years should tell you something. Overall: I plan to keep these around for a while, for all the reasons I have detailed above. Nothing more to say, here.

"can't beat these little guys for size, weight, price or sound." submitted December 28, 2008

Musical Background: active player
Music Style: rock...old time
Sound: These little 10" speakers, weighing only 20 pounds apiece, actually are sufficient for a rock combo. Incredible! Ease of Use: The smallest and the lightest...hooray!!!! Quality: good construction Value: cheap too! Manufacturer Support: na

"Can't beat the price!!!" submitted March 21, 2009

Musical Background: Mobile DJ and Sound Tech
Music Style: all
Sound: Good sound production on the highs and mids. Needs a sub to the lows but overall it good more the small to mid size gigs I do as a DJ Feature: The built in handle and small size makes it easy to transport the speakers. They would be alot better if the came with speakon connections as well as being all black instead of gray. Ease of Use: Easy to handle don't hurt back caring these speakers or struggle to mount them on a stand after that it just plug and play Quality: Had them for 2 years still work like they just came out the box. The PR10 have never let me down. The cab get scratched easily but that doesn't bother me much Value: $150 for 400 watt program/ 800 watt peak way and the quality you receive well worth the value. Manufacturer Support: I never had to call costumer service any of the peavey products that I used. The Wow Factor: I want it heck I want to buy to more so I can have 2 for lows and 2 for mids. Overall: I really happy with the speakers. They do everything that i need them to do.

"Pro Keyboardist recommends these as on stage keyboard monitoring" submitted March 31, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Pro recording, live synth/piano guy with 20 yearsof songwriting and production experience
Music Style: Pop, rock, Irish trad, solo, bar gigs to big stages
Sound: I am a professional touring keyboardist who recently dumped my bulky Mackie 450s for a very light weight setup. I run a stereo system where all my keyboards and synths are sent to a small Mackie 12 channel mixer, the left right XLR outputs go into a very lightweight and compact QSC amp in my synth rack and then to the Peavey speakers, which I set up on a slant just below where I stand. I am also responsible for bass which I take directly out of the synth module and into a Hartke 15" kickback Bass Amp, so the Peaveys are getting my full range mix MINUS the bass. I am playing at a reasonably loud stage volume but to be clear, not pounding rock levels. The Peaveys have done a fine job replacing the Mackies. But to be fair, I used to run the bass thru the Mackies as well, something I do not recommend you try with 10 inch Peaveys, no matter how good they sound: the bass would definitely fry them. I am constantly getting comments from sound guys and stage folks who are impressed with the sound I am getting from this very tidy little setup. And the kicker is, of course, you never get over how light and easy to move around these little cabs are. Because you must have them pointed directly at you and would say that they would have limited use as PA speakers as the dispersion just isn't wide enough, unless you are playing in a very small venue (which these little guys are really only suited for anyway). You can make them loud and they still sound good. Just don't expect low end to be there. I suggest a crossover if you are using them as PA and send the low frequencies to a small sub. They have survived two three week road tours and look good, no complaints. Get some covers though.. Quality: No Speakon connections, of course, but the 1/4 inputs have a very plasticky, cheesey feel. They have operated flawlessly, however.

When you call, mention priority code 1739-VRYV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976