When you call, mention priority code 1567-DJ0G

Rating and Reviews: Peavey Millennium 5 BXP

The string-thru-body bridge offers the ultimate in tone and sustain while the hummbucker pickups and snazzy looks propel this bass to the next level.

"Damn happy" submitted June 10, 2005

By a customer from 5149studios.com
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbist moving towards greatness...
Sound: Great, great... No, KILLER low end. Good action. As my first 5-string, I'm really happy with it. I got the little SWR LA10 ordered with it. The tone is really killer and it's going to be great for recording. Feature: Well, you get the guitar and, a cheap cable. The guitar has decent controls- standard. The tuners seem fine- Stays in tune very well. I'll most likely change out the strings, once I get a little more intimate with it... mmmmmm. Quality: Very nicely assembled, great finish! It's really well put together for a mass produced guitar. Solid. You can just tell when you hold cheapo axe compared to well built machine. Yes, it's not a 3,000 dollar guitar but, for the money it's perfect. Value: GREAT VALUE! I'm really stoked that I got a axe this quality for the price. I'd recommend at to at least check it out if your shopping. Zzounds had the same price as locally and no tax & free shipping. Sweet! Manufacturer Support: No manual or tech specs with it at all, not even any catalogs. Maybe that's a good thing. Seems very well built. I've heard that Peavey has good customer support, so, hopefully it won't be an issue. The Wow Factor: The sunburst was the reason I got it. The reviews on this site and others lead me to this bass. Overall: Nuff said. Great value - Great sound. Great inexpensive bass. Again I'd recommend to at least check it out if your shopping for a new bass.

"Source of my talent" submitted September 7, 2008

Music Style: Rock, Hardcore, Metal, Jazz
Sound: it gives me an amazing punch with just about everything i play from high end sounds to low end. the only problem i really ever have with it is with the tone knobs. when you have just one of them turned down all the way there is a weird humming/buzzing sound. Feature: everything about it is amazing, easy to use and very sturdy. Ease of Use: awesome performance. Quality: i've had almost no problems with the quality other than ones that are common for any bass just by playing it ALL THE TIME Value: AMAZING bang for the buck Manufacturer Support: haven't had any problems so no need to get any support The Wow Factor: everybody i know of who has seen the bass while i'm playing says it looks amazing and sounds even better. Overall: i'll probably use this bass for most of my career, maybe upgrade to active pickups. its just served me extremely well the entire time i've had it.

"Alot for your money" submitted June 15, 2014

By Michael J in Boiling Springs, SC
Musical Background: Studio owner, been in touring metal band
Music Style: Primarily Metal
Overall: I got this bass after reading reviews and watching a few youtube videos. I got it for my studio and for my own music project which is a metal project. This bass arrived in great shape with amazing packaging !! My bass was set up perfectly for the standard B tuning !! Intonation was perfect when each string was played open and fretted at the 12th fret !! Absolutely beautiful, pure and stable bass note !! I'm so impressed with this bass, as I was even able to tune this bass down to drop G for my metal project, and it was very playable and still sounded damn good !! With a set up for that tuning I have no doubt it will do the job that low !! As in other reviews there is a slight hum when only 1 of the volume knobs is turned up, but I think this bass sounds best with both cranked up anyway, so it doesn't bother me, and it's not that bad anyway !! Hope this helped you if you're leaning towards getting this bass, it's a fantastic value for the money !!!

"Great Bass for Anyone" submitted June 20, 2011

Musical Background: 10 years experience, rock band, jazz band
Music Style: Rock, alternative, jazz, metal
Sound: This bass can acheive a wide variety of sound. I use it for jazz, rock, and metal. It can have a deep, thumping sound, a tight, punchy sound, and pretty much everything in-between. I use it with a Nady wireless system, a DigiTech multi-effects pedal, and a Fender amp. It sounds great live, gig after gig. I recomend either Fender or Ernie Ball strings with it. Feature: Included is an 8' cable and a few allen wrenches. The most useful features are the fast, slim neck and the tone control knob. Ease of Use: This bass is very easy to get a great sound out of. All you need to make this sound customized to your taste is a phillips head screwdriver and a small allen wrench (included). Very playable, I prefer it over my Epiphone SG bass. Quality: This bass is a workhorse. I can play hard and tough on it gig after gig and I don't have to worry about anything breaking or coming loose. Very reliable and dependable. Looks and sounds great right out of the box. The only problem with it is there is a buzz if you turn the volume and tone up all the way. Value: Sounds better than my $400 SG bass. Definitely bang for your buck. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with the support but I heard they were great. The Wow Factor: Pretty sexy for a nonliving object. The finsh looks nice, and it is very comfortable to play. Overall: This is a bass I will be keeping for years to come.

"Great axe" submitted July 1, 2012

By Bill G in Johnson City, TN
Musical Background: Been playing for over 30 yrs., 20 professionally
Music Style: Rock, alternative, new rock, jazz,
Overall: This is not only a beautiful instrument it is also a great sounding piece of gear. The fifth string provides that extra bottom end I have been searching for forever. The bridge provides a unique way for the strings to pass thru the body giving the bass a clean look adding to its overall great looks. I simply love the thin neck, which by comparison, is much narrower than most competitors. The playability is superb as the action is sleek and its sound is defined by its great tonal quality. I purchased the case package and was not disappointed as the case is of equal quality. It is plush lined, fits snug, yet provides more than enough room for all my extra gear.

"peavy millennium 5 quilt top bxp bass" submitted July 13, 2014

By Doug K in st. thomas, PA
Overall
Musical Background: have been playing for 40yrs. All types of music. mostly rock, but currently in a country band
Overall: I have been playing a 4 string bass for 40 years ,and decided to try a 5 string rather than keep a second bass handy with a dropped tuning. I did not want to spend a lot of money because I only do gigs about once a month. This bass sounds and looks great! The guys in the band were really surprised by the sound. I have been playing this bass for over a month. Some problems with tuning, but after it is tuned, it stays in tune. The tuners could maybe be a better quality. The screw for the G was screwed in much further than the rest. I also had to adjust the intonation of the B string. I might try a heavier gauge of strings. Peavey says that they are 125 - 45 gauge. No problems contacting peavey. I got the sunburnt with the case for $300.00, and received it in 2 days. This is not my first purchase from zzounds, and have not had any problems with zzounds.

"Big bang for your buck!" submitted October 18, 2011

Overall
Sound: Big Sound for such a low price. Feature: Put some new strings on it and you're good to go. Ease of Use: Perfect size neck for sliding down the notes. Quality: Crafted very well and very light for a bass of this price. Value: Wow i mean really this price was amazing for this bass. Manufacturer Support: no support needed. The Wow Factor: Very nice colors and sleek look. Overall: overall it's an impressive bass.

"..WOW!" submitted August 21, 2004

By a customer from yahoo.it
Music Style: Rock 'n' Metal
Sound: I'm an italian metal bassist, every saturday night I play with my band in the clubs, and I haven't find yet a bass with a more explosive sound as the millennium Feature: The features of this meravillous bass are similar to the most expensive ibanez or jamaha models, but with a faboulous prize! Quality: Fantastic finishes and materials! Manufacturer Support: Not so easy to find.. Overall: I think I'll buy it again..

"breaks a lot, but sounds good!" submitted July 14, 2007

Musical Background: play a lot
Sound: very good sound. won't say 10 since it is a 250 dollar bass but very good for its price. Feature: not bad. two tone knobs are good but a 3rd would have been better. oh yeah, 5 strings give you the feeling that you can play anything at any time. Ease of Use: you need to play a 4 string before this or you will be easily confused. Quality: this thing isnt very sturdy. my knobs fall off a bit and my low b string broke a day after i bought it. i sent it in for a new one because a knob was broken. now my wiring is all disconnected for no reason. expect investing money to repair this a bit Value: a good price for a bass. Manufacturer Support: they sent me a new one, but i would have rather not sent one in at all. The Wow Factor: people do like it a lot. looks alright, sounds good, 5 strings intrigue some people

Peavey Millennium 5 BXP Customer Review submitted July 22, 2004

Music Style: Anything Rock
Sound: The sound is just awesome. It doesnt sound like any bass ive ever heard. I dont know if this bass could get better. Quality: This is an awesome looking bass and i dont think it could look better.

"THIS IS AN AMAZING BASS!!!" submitted July 25, 2013

By Del D in Topeka, KS
Musical Background: 30+ years
Music Style: rock, hip-hop, country, blues, Christian, jazz
Overall: Some people are just flat out "Gear Snobs". There isn't anything you can't do with this 5-String.It sounds better than most, it is affordable, plays easy, and has the WOW!

"Peavey Millennium 5 Quilt top bass" submitted August 26, 2012

By Paul Chabot in Saint Petersburg, FL
Musical Background: Father of talented Bassist
Music Style: Last year School orchestra/ (stand up) bass, this year School Jazz band/ electric bass, at home practice electric bass theory fr
Overall: The Bass came triple boxed in perfect condition. After about 20 minutes adjusting the truss rod and lowering the action, it was 5 string Heaven. Clean workmanship. If you don't know how to adjust the rod and set the action... take it to your local guitar repairman/luthier. Once set up, it was way sweet. Sounds, plays and looks good.

"Peavey Millenium-the one and only" submitted November 16, 2004

Music Style: Heavy metal
Sound: Perfectly clear sound,nice low if needed. Feature: No accessories Quality: Very g=ood quality including sound,and handeling. Value: Yes this product is worth it's selling price. Manufacturer Support: Peavey...easy to reach. The Wow Factor: The shape of this bass is very cool,and the coloring as well. Overall: I expect to be satisfied with this product for 2+ years.

"This Bass Rocks for the Price, If you can't beat them, Buy one!" submitted March 3, 2005

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: Funk Rock, With a little Metal Fusion
Sound: For the money, It's one of the Best guitars I've ever played, Great Deal! Feature: Great response from the controls, very smooth action Quality: Very nicely made, strong and reliable construction. Value: Great Value for the price, Amazing for the Price Manufacturer Support: Not need it The Wow Factor: Stylish Curves and contours, Very Sexy Bass Guitar, Feels good against the Hip and Waist, You know that spot! Right where it feels good and you're not searching for the strings. Overall: I'm not going to replace this Bass, I'd play it at Madison Square Garden tomorrow if I had a gig there, LOL.

"Great bass for the money" submitted November 27, 2004

Overall
Sound: The 5th string isn't especially clear, but it would be good for metal. Quality: Very nice. It seems very sturdy, I've never been afraid anything would go wrong with it. Value: EXCELLENT value for the money. The Wow Factor: Two words - Sunburst Finish. :) I also love the feel of the maple neck, it's very nice, very sturdy.

"Michael Williams" submitted February 7, 2014

By michael williams in rainsville, AL
Musical Background: played guitar 25 years this is my first bass
Music Style: metal / rock
Overall: it`s my first 5 string and i love it

Peavey Millennium 5 BXP Customer Review submitted April 1, 2010

Musical Background: Musician/Recording
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Sound: The sound is good, though I wish it had better pick ups, I have to crank the volume on amp far higher compared to my ibanez 4 string bass to get the same result. Once you get it loud enough it sounds very nice. Ease of Use: Plays comfortably, light weight, the action is nice. Quality: The frets need to be sized and filed more accurately. After one hour of playing it I have a cut in my hand and the skin on my index finger is literally shredded. Not so happy with that aspect of it. The hardware seems to be decent so far. Value: The frets thing really bugs me, I expect for the price I paid to have a bass guitar that won't cut my hand open just from lightly playing it to try it out. The bass was also made in China. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use yet. The Wow Factor: Wish I would have purchased an Ibanez 5 string instead. Their quality control seems to be much higher. Overall: Pretty sure I'm going to return it for a different one. Just isn't what I was hoping for

Peavey Millennium 5 BXP Customer Review submitted March 21, 2005

Music Style: Emo
Sound: You'll know its the right bass when you go into those lower octaves. It growls! Feature: i dont recall it coming with any accesories of any kind maybe a wam bar Quality: Its very nice and for a bass its relatively light i was hoping for a light blue though Value: the price is farely cheap Manufacturer Support: haven't had to use it quiet yet The Wow Factor: It drew me to it when i first say it, amazing Overall: More accesories and 10 for sure

"THE MEANEST LITTLE 5 STRING THAT COULD AND DOES AN LOOKS GREAT DOING IT,YOU HAVE TO BE CRAZY TO PASS UP THIS BASS." submitted May 8, 2004

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Music Style: metal, punk, blues,
Sound: I LOVE THIS BASS,I RUN IT THRU A DIGITECH PROSSESOR, AND GO W/ A GOOD DISTORTION(#5).RITE NOW IM IN A METAL BAND WE LOCAL CLUBS AN SHOWS,AND I USE IT ON STAGE OR IN THE STUDIO.ITS ONE OF THA BEST 5 STRINGS IVE OWNED. Feature: THIS WELL BUILT BASS,I HAVENT CHANGED ANYTHING ON IT (JUST THE STRINGS).ITS DEFFINTLY A BASS ILL TAKE ON THE ROAD WITH ME. Quality: A VERY BEAUTIFUL BASS. IVE GOT A 5 STRING BLACK TIGERS EYE,ITS IN MY LINE UP OF BASSES I PLAY ON THE ROAD,EXAMPLE: ITS THE FIRST 5 STRING ILL PICK FOR SHOWS.TAKE CARE OF IT AND IT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. Value: THIS IS THE BEST BASS FOR THIS PRICE. The Wow Factor: IF I EVER LOST IT ID MISS IT OF COARSE ID GET ANOTHER ONE. ITS JUST TO MUCH FUN AND ITS JUST A MEAN LITTLE BASS. Overall: I THINK ILL STICK WITH PEAVY. IVE PLAYED ALL TYPES OF BASSES AN I LOVE PEAVEYS.THEY BUILD AWSOME GUITARS AND EXELLENT BASSES.

"Inexpensive 5-String Bass That Needs Adjustments." submitted May 4, 2011

Musical Background: Active Player/Collector
Music Style: Jazz
Sound: This is a nice, relatively inexpensive bass. The overall fit and finish is quite good, i.e.: it looks really nice. It happens to be my second one, BTW. I had sold the first one because it didn't hold tuning well, and had seemingly unsolvably high action. I had this one set up anew at a local guitar shop, and it's better, but still not ideal. All of this actually does lead up to sound quality. Unless it is set up elsewhere, for another $75.00, it won't. The action is too high, and the fret buzz is intolerable. When properly set it up it sounds fine. Not great, but fine. I infinitely prefer the more expensive Ibanez (also purchased from zZounds), which is a four string model. Tighter, faster, deeper ... all of the things that matter. But for an inexpensive 5-string for noodling around with at home, the Peavey is OK. Feature: No. Ease of Use: It's relatively difficult to play well because of the high bridge. You just can't quite get it down to where it needs to be for faster playing. Quality: I'd say that generally speaking it's well built, just not brilliantly designed. Being a Peavey, to me, doesn't lend well toward it's longevity, though. Value: Not bad: inexpensive, 5-string. For $300.00 who cares if it falls apart a year from now? Manufacturer Support: I'm not sure how to answer this, as the changes I made were done locally. I haven't contacted Peavey, as what I had changed was actually a design characteristic of theirs. It hasn't needed warranty work, though. The Wow Factor: It's hot looking. No question. An attractive bass to have standing on a tripod in the studio. People WANT to pick it up. Overall: Probably a few months; less than a year.

"Buy it!!!" submitted March 2, 2004

By a customer from interia.pl
Music Style: rock/blues
Sound: It's really great. For that price it's just unbelievable how good it sounds Feature: I guess that in this proce range the best feature is the low B :-) But the finish (tiger eye) is amazing Value: Outstanding The Wow Factor: No downsides. Smallish beautiful body, impeccable finish, great looks, great sound with good sustain, nicely stays in tune Overall: I'd definitely buy the next one same day I'd lose mine

"Solid bass for the price." submitted April 20, 2005

Music Style: Rock,Bass
Sound: It sounds okay, pretty solid though. Pick ups are lower than average. Feature: 5 string pick ups are okay. Quality: Nice solid feel, and sound. Tuners are solid. Value: Good bass for the price. Nice 5 string all-in-all. Manufacturer Support: n/a. The Wow Factor: Nice looking, makes you look like a rock star! Overall: Over all, its an attractive bass with a attractive price. The sound is solid, but a little weak. It also tends to want to slip out of tune when not played.

"great bass for a great price" submitted August 3, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: recording musician that cant spell
Music Style: everything
Sound: it makes any amp sound good Feature: love the placement of the truss rod adjuster Quality: great quality Value: great value Manufacturer Support: havent had any problems The Wow Factor: hot sunburst

"THE BEST BASS ON THE MARKET FOR THE PRICE" submitted January 15, 2005

By a customer from CALARK.COM
Musical Background: GUITAR AND BASS 10 YEARS
Music Style: ALTERNATIVE
Sound: THE SOUND FROM THE BASS IS UN BELIEVABLE ACTIVE PICK UPS IS AWESOME THIS BASS IS AN AWESOME VALUE Feature: ACTIVE PICK UPS EFFECT KNOBS YOU JUST CANT BEAT THE PRICE FOR WHAT YOU GET FROM THIS BASS Quality: BUILT LIKE A CHAMP YOU CANNOT GO WRONG Value: THIS BASS IS THE BEST VALUE ON THE MARKET Manufacturer Support: YES The Wow Factor: AWESOME COLORS AVAILABLE Overall: FOREVER

When you call, mention priority code 1567-DJ0G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976