When you call, mention priority code 155T-DVXT

Rating and Reviews: Peavey Millennium 5

Regarded by bassists for its clear lows, rugged build, and superb price, the AC BXP is a perfect addition to your instrument armada.

Overall

"Great Bass, Great Looks, Great Sound - Peavey Tiger Eye BXP 5 AC." submitted December 29, 2007

By a customer from netscape.net
Musical Background: Percussion 35 yrs - Bass 6 yrs - Penny Whistle - 1 week
Music Style: 70's thru today - Classic Rock & Contemporary Worship
Sound: The low end was great right out or the case. It's even better after I tweaked the string and neck adjustments a bit. The Active Pickups are great for just about any style you might care to experiment with. The ability to balance between the neck and bridge pickups really lets you dial in a whole range of tonal qualities. Cutting highs and mids to the low thundering growl that the crowds seem to love. dke Feature: The Active Pickups require two, 9-volt batteries - try Lithium 9-volts to maxumize playing time between battery changes. Dead batteries equal no sound. Unplug your cord from the jack on the bass when not playing to conserve battery power..... ( Dear Peavey, an on/off switch would have been a great addition here.. hint, hint ) The Tiger Eye finish is a real eye catcher on stage. It certainly looks and sounds like a thousand dollar Cirrus. People constantly mention how great it looks and sounds... they have no idea how much money I saved when I picked this bass .... nice conversation starter too... Ease of Use: Due to the absolute requirement of good batteries, a tip out battery compartment would have been a bit easier... and considerably faster way to replaced the cells. ( I'll use this as an additional opportunity to beg Peavey for an on / off switch to save power rather than having to unplug all the time. ) All in all, I love this Bass. No problems at all. Quality: The Tiger Eye quilted finish is spectacular when the stage lights come up. The 3 high/mid/low EQ control dials, the neck / bridge balance and the master volume dials are well spaced. The extremely quiet pick ups make the BXP 5 AC a pleasure to turn up .. eh, oh well .. I admit it ... REALLY LOUD. The Neck is straight, solid and well fretted. The tuners are quite stable. Not a lot of heavy re-tuning, just a slight tweak now and then going between cold vehicle and warm auditorium. The Strings are fine, but I'm thinking of changing to flat wound just to see if I might like them any better. The Body is to say the least BEAUTIFUL. It is a bit heavier than my old venerable Ibanez 4 string, but I don't even notice the difference any more. I really love playing this bass. I compared several Fender & Ibanez styles before finally making up my mind to get the Peavey BXP 5 AC. I don't have anything bad to say about Fender or Ibanez, but personal preference and value for the money pushed me down the Peavey trail. I really think you would be happy with this Bass. I know I am. Value: Is it worth the money? I say yes with no hesitation. I also own a Peavey Micro bass 30 watt practice amp ( also great sound, size and durability by the way ). Being a drummer for 30 years, the bass started out as something to tinker with, so I started out with a modest Ibanez TR 50S 4 string about 6 years ago. I never thought I would ever want anything more that that. The longer I goofed around with the 4 string, the more the 5 string intrigued me. Ibanez makes a several great 5 string styles, but my nephew picked up a Peavey BXP 5 string with the black transparent quilt finish. I was impressed by this entry level 5 string enough to search out the AC version. A hundred bucks of upgrades and the Tiger Eye finish were enough to make me find one to test. Played it 15 minutes and I was hooked. Manufacturer Support: No problems to report after a year of playing 2 or three times a week. No contact with support needed. The Wow Factor: The photos on the web sites do not do it justice.. Go find one with a Tiger Eye finish ...(yes, I am spoiled by it). It flat out looks spectacular and sounds great. Have someone take a digital photo while you're playing it. Note how great the bass looks.... Then, note the smile on your face ...... Gotcha :) Overall: Will I keep this Bass for quite a while? Yes, I will. I may buy a Bass POD processor just for something else to play with. Do I want something else? Yes I do. I want a 5 string electric/acoustic as well ..... loud isn't everything....

"I found a 5 that fits me and its a great value" submitted October 12, 2009

Musical Background: Active but still need improvment
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock, modern and traditional christians
Sound: I play with two different groups and switched to the AC BPX. In both casses they asked what happend. (shows how much they pay attention to the bass player) They loved the new sound. It is not a cirrus but sure sounded better than my old peaveys. I loved the tone from the lows and all the way up. I really like having no noise. I can now go from dead quiet to monster sound. Its all the bass I will ever need for a long time. Feature: I am sure you have all heard about the battery problem. I plan to add a switch to the volume control. I like having the three band eq. I also like howits + or - ans you cann feel the center position as well as on the pick up fade. It doesn't take long to shape the sound you want. No need for anything else when you start with a good clean sharp sound. Fuzz belongs at your feet not in the instrument. Ease of Use: What mostly makes this bass cool is the active pickups. I love the sound and response which makes the battery thing worth it by far. The other thing is the way it fits me. I like the size of the fret board. I never liked the idea of reaching over a 5 lane interstate to get to the b string but also wantted room to play more the one string at a time. In my opinion they got it right! Not to narrow or wide. I also like the action even befor I have had a chance to play with the set up. I find it easy to diversify playing styles on it. You may have to be a little more careful when playing slap but not noticeable enough to stop you from really enjoying it. In picking it up the first time and going over half a set it bacame my favorite guitar that I played all the time Quality: I carry a philips screw driver and a couple of 9 volts. Other than that I cant find anything to complain about. I feel like it was built better than what you would expect at this price range. Value: If it was stollen tonight I would buy a new one by next week end with out shopping around for a different bass. I don't know anything else in this price range I could trust on stage. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed it The Wow Factor: I have gotten nothing but good comments on it. It looks great this comment is expecialy from the women. Like most guys I like that. I love the way it hangs plays and sounds. I was hocked right away and didn't wait untill I had the extra cash to buy it to take it home Overall: This is my primary instrument and plan to keep it for a long time. I don't think I will out grow it for years. It getting the job done which my past ones (some more expensive) have fellen short. I like the way it plays like a dream so I can concentrate on exprecion

Peavey Millennium 5 Customer Review submitted March 10, 2008

Musical Background: Bass player
Music Style: Metal
Sound: Great Bass i had a crappy First Act bass haha for a couple years and now i went straight to this bass Amazing Difference!! Feature: Love the pickups, big soapbars only down side is drains 2 9v quick! but who cares just slap some more in there and your set to rock again! Quality: Very good quality only Good bass with such low money! BEAUTIFUL! Value: Looks amazing some people talked to me about it and thought it was over a $1000 bass i didnt tell them the real price but you know it brightens your day when people compliment you like that!

"moms, this is the one for your 15 year old! ( or anyone else for that matter)" submitted January 27, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: somewhere between hobbyist and active musician
Music Style: Worshiping my God, whatever that might mean. as long as its for Jesus.
Sound: this bass can thump, growl, pop, whine and howl. it can be smooth like butter or gritty as gravel. the knobs can be tweaked to give you anything you want, but it is a really BRIGHT bass and i personally have to turn the treble all the way off and still turn it way down on the amp, but it makes it very articulate and makes the most of my effects and distortion. love the powered electronics too. you can get a nice even response through the whole spectrum. this thing is great! Feature: the bass came with no accessories, but what would you get anyway but cheap trinkets? my other bass came with some accessories... a really cheap strap and the wrong size allen wrenches as well as a teensy little chord that is just the right length to tie my pedals together, but not my guitar and amp. the features were a very responsive EQ (active three band) with sweet pickup blending and a single volume. all these things except the treble are very useful to me. i always leave the treble off. i love this bass. they had this ingenious idea to cap a lower end body with high end wood and finish so that it looks like a thousand dollar bass. the picture doesn't do it justice, i'm telling you folks, you gotta see this thing. the woods used are really great for tone and response, and i love the fretboard. the neck feels fast and light. the pickups are really nice too, big nasty soapbars! love it!! Quality: everything is top notch. can't beat it. should last a hundred years as long as i don't get any lame Townsend mid-life thing. one complaint... the bottom left screw on the neck pickup was not flush with the body, still need to give it a few turns, but otherwise... Value: i promise you that you will NOT get this much guitar for this little $ anywhere! it's cheap and you can play it in your basement or in front of 20,000 screaming fans. Manufacturer Support: haven't needed them yet, but i'll give them a 10 just because the people who HAVE had to call all give peavey top ratings anyway. The Wow Factor: love everything about it. its really a hot bass. could not be better except if they'd put a smooth 1/4" jack in it instead of the screw in type. Overall: this will keep me bust for years to come. the only supplement i will want will be a louder amp. the thing i like least about this guitar is that you can't play it without batteries, but such is life.

"Unbiased Review" submitted April 21, 2012

By Peter V in Denair, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years primarily electric guitar, acoustic guitar, Bass, Keyboards. Been in bands, play for church, online wikiloops.com
Music Style: All sub genres of rock, metal, blues, folk, funk etc
Sound: http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack.php?jamsession=3925&room=842&jr=1Here's my first recording with this bass.The B string has a lot of fret buzz up and down the neck. I'm sure I'll have to make some adjustments. Other than that it sounds good and has a lot of bite and can easily handle many different styles. Feature: Great pups and a lot of tonal control. You can dial in whatever your heart desires. Ease of Use: Had to get used to playing a 5 string, wider neck, fret buzz, dialing in the perfect tone. After approx 10 mins later I was having a good jam session and enjoying every minute. Quality: From the looks of it I this it's well made considering it's price. It should last many years to come. At least I hope it does. Value: Yes, this is the best price you will find on this particular bass. 100x better than a 5 string Rogue. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: This was the misleading part. I got the Transparent Black Violet. There isn't an accurate photo online that shows it's true color. It isn't black at all (except the head stock, knobs and pups) it's more of a magenta than a purple. However I'm still content and it still looks great. Overall: I love this Bass. However when it's comes to instruments as you know they all have different characteristics. Others have been lucky and there's were set up out of the box. Mine wasn't set up to it's potential. That can easily be fixed. Very fun to play and hard to put down.

"GET IT U WANT REGRET IT TRUST ME" submitted August 8, 2006

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: its all good
Sound: the sound is great so many knobs active eq rocks ass it can produce tons of tones Feature: active eq bass treble middle pick up blend all so overwhelming is that how u spell that o well Ease of Use: a little more heavy then my 1st bass bought i got used to it and the bigass pickups awkward at first but youll adapt smooth neck Quality: every single thing is great sep mine came with a bad b-string but new strings changed that i suggest ernie balls super slinky Value: great sound great looks i just wished i could have gotten it in the new color trans black Manufacturer Support: no problems is the best suport The Wow Factor: its heavy but i forgave it cuz it sexed me up Overall: ill be happy with it until i get a high paying job then ill have to share my love with other basses like a music mormen

"Great bass for different tones" submitted July 14, 2005

Overall
Sound: this bass has 4 tone knobs....if u want a realli heavy bass tone, or really great sounding harmonics....the only bad thing is that the b and e strings are kinda loose. but still and incredable buy Feature: very versatile Quality: i dented it....the neck...but the electronics are fine....mroe then fine actualy....th eonly bad thing is th enut on the jack needs 2 b tightened Value: incredable bass

When you call, mention priority code 155T-DVXT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976