When you call, mention priority code 1438-T53J

Rating and Reviews: Peavey MAX 115 II

With a 3-band EQ and selectable Punch, Mid-shift, and Bright switches, there's no limit to the tones you can create with the MAX 115 combo.

"great amp" submitted February 25, 2013

By jerrod k in wooster, OH
Overall
Musical Background: been thumping away for about 15yrs.
Music Style: christian punk/pop punk/emo etc
Sound: punchy, bright, warm fuzzy distortion etc. all the sounds i like Feature: the tt boost is warm and fuzzy, the punch is punchy, the midshift (still playing with that one) bright is great for pop punk etc and the psyco acoustic technology is great to add alil extra something. built in tuner would be better if you could use it unmuted Ease of Use: push buttons and rock Quality: its a peavey know for quality and longevity Value: defently worth every cent Manufacturer Support: haven't needed it The Wow Factor: super flexible and doesn't break the bank and at 50lbs doesn't break your back Overall: you get your moneys worth. you are paying less than a $1 a watt. its loud and versitile. all the contouring buttons actually do something unlike some other amps. i have always loved peavey bass amps and this one does not disappoint. if you need power and flexibility but r strapped cash wise and want a trusted manufacturer look no further.
29 of 30 people (96.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Roland V Accordion" submitted March 1, 2014

By Nick Vernola in Cumming, GA
Musical Background: Home play a few years
Music Style: Standards
Sound: With that been said, it needed a wide range of ability from Tuba to Flute. I tested 6-7 amps in the music store, they all distorted somewhere in the highs or the lows. NOT THIS AMP ! It was a great choice for me, and certainly my Roland V was a real test for any amp. This one got a 99... while not heavy, if you do gigs, I would suggest caster wheels in longer hauls. Feature: Everything I need Ease of Use: Easy enough for a 66 year old man to figure out. I even hooked up a wireless connection to avoid a tethered performance. No change in sound quality. Quality: Very well Value: On top of it all the price was best of everything I looked at. Manufacturer Support: NA Overall: I wanter to purchase an Amp for my Roland Virtual Accodion, which is a reed less electronic wannabe accordion. Its a wannabe, because it wants to be everything, like a sax, Trombone, Trumpet, mandolin, flute, harmonica, Tuba, Base Fiddle, and Base guitar, 20 different organs and 35 different accordions and 100 plus other instruments.

"Peavey 115 bass amp" submitted March 2, 2014

By Greg Daust in Pigeon Forge, TN
Musical Background: 45 yrs....guitar, bass, uke
Music Style: classic rock and country rock Plus original tunes
Overall: This is so AWESOME of a deal !!! I'm just starting to play bass after playing guitar for 45 years and this amp is just exactly what I wanted ....just the right size and playability for my purpose....AND i LOVE the gain,and effects AND MOST of all the built in tuner !!!!! great amp....you won't find better for the price !!!!!

"Spectacularly awesome!" submitted November 29, 2013

By Vido B in St. Paul, MN
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years, been in bands, have played gigs, and recorded in studios.
Music Style: Blues, blues... and, did I mention blues? Rock, rap, and R&B and occasionally country.
Overall: This amp is a power house! I currently have the volume on 3 (out of 10), and I can feel the bass rumble through my whole apartment. To clarify, that's with the amp's volume turned to 3, and the volume knob on my bass at about 3/4! Peavey is well-known company that makes great mid-range gear. I mean, this isn't a three thousand dollar Genz Benz, but for what it is/does, I wouldn't change a thing. That said, the effects don't seem to dramatically change the sound like one reviewer said they do, but I haven't really played with them all that much. Overall, I highly recommend this amp - if you buy it, you'll be (more than) happy with it!
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Peavey MAX 115 II Bass Combo Amp. " submitted February 19, 2014

By Kevin B in Pittsburg, KS
Overall
Musical Background: Self-taught bass player since 1984 and I also play harmonica.
Music Style: Classic rock (60's 70's 80's), blues, 80's metal, old school punk, old country, old/new rockabilly, and progressive rock from th
Overall: Great bass amp for the price and it is light weight. Perfect for practice, small gigs, running direct to the board, and perfect for old bass players like me, with a bad back, that can’t haul giant full bass rigs around anymore but still want some power in a portable rig that fits easily in a car. The tone is very good for the price/size of the amp, it is really easy to dial in the sound you want, has plenty of power for me, headphone jack, music input jack and a pretty good built in tuner. I have a pedal tuner that is much better but the built in tuner gets the job done and is a handy back up tuner that you will never forget to bring along or need a battery for. The overdrive is pretty good for a fuzz tone but it is not a big deal because I use a BOSS Bass OD pedal. Overall I am really happy with the amp and the price I paid. I will see if it can take the same punishment my old 1980’s Peavey (Black Widow equipped)TNT 130 could.

"Peavey MAX 115 is the amp for YOU!" submitted September 24, 2013

By Brad Chamberlain in Louisville, KY
Musical Background: Musician for 13 years
Music Style: Alternative/Rock, Jazz, Country.
Sound: I know you're thinking to yourself, "how good can an amp sound that's $299?". Well let me tell you this amp rocks! As bass players we keep our sound simple and shine with our technique. With this amp you can get so many different sounds. From midrange country to super low jazz notes to punchy rock tones. Feature: Peavey including the sound preset switches and on-board tuner are great. The push button presets help you dial in on the different tones the amp and your bass have to offer. Peavey offers their famous TransTube preset as well as a new preset called Pyscho Acoustic Technology. Adds more bass to your notes without you have to compromise your sound. Best part is it does it automatically note by note! My personal favorite preset is the punch switch. It helps me cut through at shows. This amp is VERY loud. My band plays at medium venues (clubs, bars, festivals) and I have not had to turn up the gain and master volume past 4! Ease of Use: This amp is easy to use and easy to dial your sound in. And that's the way it should be for us bass players. Leave the complicated non-sense to the guitar players :-P. Quality: Amp is very well made. Decent in size and light weight. I believe this amp will last me a long time. Value: For $299 and with its features I would put this amp against any combo amp out there. A lot of people would be shocked by it! Manufacturer Support: I've never had to deal with Peavey before but I've heard great things about their customer support. The Wow Factor: Amp looks nice and cuts through your sound like a panther! Overall: This amp ROCKS! Read below to find out why! Get this amp and it will satisfy your hunger so that sound you've been craving.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I've Heard Better" submitted February 27, 2014

By Richard W in St. Johnsbury, VT
Overall
Musical Background: PLaying over 40 years. Bass, acoustic guitar.
Music Style: I'll try most anything - and have played most everything over the years.
Sound: It's loud. My band practices in a fairly large room, yet I never put the Max past 2 on the main volume control. It's loud. There's two problems. First, there is a definite increase in volume when I hit a low F. Kind of like a big blah that wanted to feedback. That could've been my bass, I suppose, but I'm playing a Jazz and haven't had that problem before. Rather odd, I think. Second, the amp just doesn't have that low end "thunk" I'm looking for. Admittedly, it only uses a single 15", but I suppose I was expecting better from Peavey. It's probably better suited to today's music but I'm an old Motown guy and the amp just didn't cut it for me. There is also some white noise even without the bass plugged in. I'm guessing it has to do with the built-in compressor that probably wasn't set correctly at the factory. But it is loud. Feature: Pretty straightforward controls with the tone section getting added tweaks via frequency-specific on/off buttons. I would have liked a parametric option in the mid-range and also a way to defeat the horn - but that's just me. And where are the effects send/return jacks? Ease of Use: For me, the amp was very easy to use but really lacking in features. Quality: Everything seemed okay with the kinda large exception of the controls, which felt rather flimsy. I could wiggle the knobs around which put me off almost immediately. Not sure how they'll hold up on the road but I wasn't about to chance it. Value: I suppose so given the mea culpa's above. The 15" speaker holds up nicely - I Manufacturer Support: Not an issue for me as I returned the amp. I have dealt with Peavey in the past, though, and found them to be responsive and helpful. The Wow Factor: No Wow Factor for me. More like a "huh?" factor. Overall: The one thing this amp has going for it is that it's fairly light and therefore easy to lug around. That being said, I was rather disappointed in a few of the amp's characteristics, which is rather surprising for me as I've had good luck with Peaveys in the past.

"Peavey MAX 115 II Bass Combo Amp" submitted February 16, 2013

By Josh T in Kennesaw, GA
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years playing and 15+ as a guitar tech. Get together with friends and jam.
Music Style: Rock, cowpunk
Overall: Being familiar with Peavey from a guitar tech standpoint, I was interested in checking out this combo for my personal playing. Great little practice amp once you dial in you tone. Plenty of power and punch for small rehearsals too.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"You get what you pay for. " submitted April 10, 2014

By c jeffries in muscadine, AL
Musical Background: playing bass guitar 23 years
Music Style: Christian
Overall: This amp has been advertised as a 300 watt amp at 4ohms. This amp is actually 200 watts at 8ohms. At low volumes this amp is really good. The tone is great but if you turn it up loud enough for a band situation the tone goes down the drain. If you are just gonna use it as a practice amp in your bedroom then this is an okay choice but for rehearsals or performances, forget it. I bought this amp and was sadly disappointed. The amp does have lots of features but most of them just seem to muddy up the tone even more.

"peavey Max " submitted April 24, 2014

By David C in Amarillo , TX
Musical Background: been playing about 45 years, now just jam at home
Music Style: Old rock, blues, re- learning jazz
Overall: Very good amp, great sound,light weight for a amp that size. Still learning

"This amp Is AWSOME!!!!" submitted November 13, 2013

By CLIFFORD CASH in Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar and bass for about 40 years
Music Style: rock, country, metal
Overall: I got this amp so I could Jam with my Grandson (I'm almost 65 years old and he is 16) and we love to play metal. I was planning to use a hd500 for a metal bass sound, but, with this amp, I don't need it. My daughter and son in law came running in yelling, TURN IT DOWN!!!! IT'S SHAKING THE WHOLE HOUSE!!!! I had the volume on 3, lol. It is VERY loud and the low end is punchy and not muddy. And it has a direct out if you want to make it even bigger. I highly recomend this amp for ANY kind of music, in most music venues. Oh, did I mention, It's a peavey. Nuff said

"descent bass amp on a budget. " submitted May 1, 2014

By c. jeffries in muscadine, AL
Overall
Musical Background: played bass for 24 years, mostly in church.
Music Style: Southern gospel, contemporary christian rock, praise and worship
Overall: was under the impression that this amp was 300 watts but it is actually only 200 watt rms. It is 300 watts peak power. That info came straight from a tech at Peavey via email. The amp does have a descent sound. That is if you don't push it too hard. Have had this amp for about 3 weeks and it has functioned without any problems.

"Peavy Max 115 Bass Amp Combo" submitted December 17, 2013

By Amy F in Grass Valley, CA
Overall
Overall: It's perfect. Not to big and heavy. The sound is amazing! Dials seem a little on the flimsy side so am being extra careful.

"Blem?!? I don't see no stinking blem!!!" submitted March 5, 2014

By Rusty Irons in Lambertville, MI
Overall
Musical Background: 30 yrs and still learning!
Music Style: Christian rock
Overall: Zzounds comes through again! This unit, sold as a Blem came in perfect condition and plays out great! Like other reviewers, I'm not all that much about the effects or the tuner. However, what you get is great low end sound that will fill up a room. I look forward to taking this baby outside and cranking it up in the summer when we play as a band. It's slightly on the heavy side, but overall, it is manageable and fits in my small Mazda trunk. I love the sound of the 15 inch speaker and Peavy has done a great job putting this together. I also like the metal grill, this thing is built tough!

"Pray Max 115 " submitted February 9, 2014

Musical Background: 4 years, bass guitar, I play at church
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I am enjoying my amp.I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an amp.I am more than satisfied.

When you call, mention priority code 1438-T53J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976