When you call, mention priority code 172M-KBVK

Rating and Reviews: Peavey MAX 112 II

The Peavey MAX 112 II features a 12-inch woofer driven by a high-quality 200-watt power amp, and a wide range of tone-shaping options at your fingertips.

"Great amp!" submitted May 15, 2013

By Randall W in Boise, ID
Musical Background: 10 years, DJ-mostly at home and at house parties
Music Style: House, electro, trance
Overall: I purchased this amp from Zzounds through the pay as you play plan, and the amp arrived at my house only 2 business days later. I was impressed at the speed of delivery. In addition, this amp is crazy loud. I purchased it for my DJ setup as a practice rig, and its got a ton of power. I have the volume dial set on 1 (out of 10) and it still rattles the walls of my house. The EQ seems to work well, and adjusting to the right sound was easy. About the only complaint I can think of is it could use a little more low end bass. It has a decent amount of bass, but it doesnt "thump" that hard. That being said, this is only a single 12 inch amplifier, not a nightclub sound system. I am quite pleased that I paid $250 for this amp, as it is a great value over other amps in this range. I was also looking at the Behringer BXL1800, but it was more expensive ($279) and has less power (180w). All that aside, if I have to choose between Peavey and Behringer, I'm choosing Peavey every single time. Great buy.

"PEAVY MAX 112 11 BASS COMBO AMPLIFIER" submitted September 9, 2013

By BRIAN P in MANTEO, NC
Musical Background: 50 YEARS
Music Style: CHRISTIAN
Overall: I had a CRATE BT 220 200 watt amp and sold it a couple of years ago.It was twice the size of this PEAVEY BASS AMP .This amp is small and powerful [don't be fooled by the size of the amp]I used it in a fairly large church last SUNDAY and i could not set volume more than 2 or three it worked loud and great.The sales man from ZZ SOUNDS was so helpful and understanding .I just can not say enough goodI almost ordered a 300 watt PEAVEY , now i am glad i did notGreat price and fast shipping. I will buy from ZZ SOUNDS again!
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Peavey MAX 112 II Bass Combo Amp" submitted March 31, 2014

By Lloyd Hablizel in San Angelo, TX
Musical Background: Bass player since 1971
Music Style: Contemporary praise & worship.
Overall: I'm very impressed with my Peavey MAX 112 II. I play bass in a church band that performs contemporary praise & worship music each Sunday. The music varies from hard-driving rock to easy going worship songs, (even some golden oldies like Amazing Grace done blues style) and the Peavey is up to the task in every way. The building seats around 750 people and with 200 watts of power on tap there's plenty of volume available to fill the whole sanctuary, but I basically use it as a monitor so it can be blended with the other instruments at the mixing panel & for recording purposes. I tried using the balanced XLR line out but for some reason it caused a buzz in the system so I just stick a microphone in front of it. Old school, but it works with no problems. Great tonal variety, to go with the power so what more could you ask? OK, you want some kind of complaint? The rotory controls for volume, bass, treble, etc are very easy to turn so you need to be careful not to touch them after you get them set. That's my only gripe. Love the tilt-back feature & solid construction. And at 40 lbs., it's portable. This isn't my first Peavey, so I knew I was going to get a lot of quality for my money.

"Peavey Max 112" submitted April 14, 2014

By wayne t in Midland, ON
Musical Background: 46 years playing .Jam sessions .Play bass and acoustic
Music Style: Country,50-60's rock
Overall: Excellent service from Zzounds (had to return a defective blemished unit )Ordered a new amp.Works perfectly

When you call, mention priority code 172M-KBVK. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976