When you call, mention priority code 14PD-6XBV

Rating and Reviews: Peavey KB5 Amplifier

Save big on this big sound machine. This 150-watt, 5-input amp gives you all the power your keyboard needs on stage.

Overall

"High quality USA-made, well designed, pro-features, easy to move." submitted July 31, 2008

Musical Background: Pro Studio and touring
Music Style: ALL
Sound: Stereo capable, but not true stereo, this amp interfaces nicely with any FOH system. EQ is decent. What little you sacrifice in tweak-a-bility you gain in simplicity. Horn is decent. Woofers are quite good. Crossover point is a trifle harsh, but that is all but un-noticeable in live situations. Feature: Stereo effects sends-A+ Extendable handle with wheels A+ Mic input A+ Balanced outputs A+ Ease of Use: Love the handle and wheels. Like the simple controls. Quality: In the past two decades, I've used several Peavey products and none of them have ever let me down. They seem to keep innovating and producing good stuff and they know how to make reliable stuff at a fair price. Value: The onl keyboard amp I know of that sounds better is the Traynor stereo K4. That is an amazing amp! But this is 90% of that for much less money. Also, the Traynor amp does not have the handle and wheels, which I feel is essential for anyone who must move their own gear, and then play. Lifting heavy stuff is not conducive to great technique. Manufacturer Support: I have only had two chances to use Peavey support. Once when I had to replace a blown speaker in a cheap guitar amp that I bought used. I was able to get a real live English-speaking person on the phone in a couple of minutes, ( during business hours ) and she got me the part quickly. Another time, I needed to repair an effects unit that was destroyed in a studio fire. Peavey sent us a new circuit board at cost. Great service! The Wow Factor: This is a practical workhorse amp of high quality. It is thoughtfully designed, sounds good and has professional features. It is reliable and made here in the USA. Highly recommended!
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Peavey: Two Horns up!" submitted September 13, 2004

Musical Background: Rocking
Music Style: Death Metal
Sound: Crystal clear highs, rumbling lows. The sound quality is amazing. Feature: The EQ is pefrect. The amp has everything I could possibly need. Quality: It's Peavey, quality is what comes first. I believe I could drop this out of a 2nd storey window, and still play a gig with it. Value: It's expensive, but you get what you pay for. Manufacturer Support: The reason their support is good, is because I've never had to deal with it. See "Quality" section. The Wow Factor: Its a sexy beast. Overall: This amp is incredible. I cherish it.
26 of 28 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"FAMOUS KEYBOARD PLAYER! LIKES THIS AMP!" submitted December 22, 2008

By a customer from nmia.com
Musical Background: pro keyboard player
Music Style: rock/blues
Sound: I bought a Hammond XK-3 Organ, the Peavey KB5 amp came with the deal. It sounds awesome. I own older KB300 & KB100 keyboard amps & they work great for specific applications. This is a great amp w/ the right features. Feature: Just getting to know all the features...very useful...simple is good. Ease of Use: Hooked it up to several keyboards right away...Hammond XK-3, Korg x5, Roland EP97 Digital Piano...this amp works great, for the price it is the best I've come across. Quality: Seems to be well built

"Not the best but very reasonable." submitted November 12, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Recording Engineer , Active Musician.
Music Style: Jazz
Sound: I like the 2x10 mid range sound. I also own roland kc 350 and 550 those are very clean and sharp sounding amp but too much low. Since it has 10 inches it's not making any ultra low boomming sound but clean mid with lots of treble. Separated EQ does a great job. Feature: It could have 3 band EQ for each channel. Ease of Use: Plug it and play it. nothing else. Quality: with 80% volume the tweeter start rattle. Roland KC series doesn't rattle at all with its full volume , and the Handle bar could have better quality. Value: I bought this $300 used. This is totally worth it. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any issue but peavey will not make me down.

"A MESS!!!" submitted August 12, 2006

Music Style: Gospel
Sound: This has to be one of the worst sounding amps that I have ever used!!! I started out with the KB3 which had a great even sound but it wasn't loud enough and it distorted so I added a KB5 Which made a huge difference. Then I started using the just KB5 and it was bad. The horn went out the first week and it couldn't handle too much low end. Very sad amp for the price and the size. Feature: No exciting features Ease of Use: Fairly easy to use. Nothing difficult about it. Quality: Compared to the older Peavy amps quality has dropped! Value: Too much for too little! Manufacturer Support: Never used it. The Wow Factor: Looks real nice very different but not practical! Overall: Would never buy this style Peavy amp for any reason!

"What A Cracking Little Amp" submitted January 23, 2008

By a customer from yahoo.co.uk
Musical Background: Play in pub Band
Sound: Ok, so I've never had a proper keyboard amp before, I had just a cheap 100W per channel amp and two PA speakers, but this amp just blew me away. I know people have said it's only got EQ for high and low end, but that seems to do just fine. And I don't know what the guys talking about who said it couldn't handle low end stuff, perhaps he was doing some kind of drum and bass gospel, but again, seems to handle the stuff I need just great. Infact I had to take some of the low end out in a couple of songs we play. Overall, I couldn't ask for much better. Feature: Ok, so there's not a lot going on. But really, any good musician, with a half reasonable piece of kit to play in the first place, won't need a thousand gismos to play with... Ease of Use: Plug and Play, simple as. Quality: Only just got it so I guess it's unfair to comment, but it feels like Top Gears Toyota Hilux. I reckon you could leave it in that same building and demolish it, and you could still gig with it afterwards... Value: Not one of the cheapest, but you definitely get what you pay for. Had a Beringer amp and sent it back in exchange for this one, there was no comparison. Manufacturer Support: Again, haven't had to use it, and don't have any past dealings with it, so can't really comment... The Wow Factor: Can amps be sexy ?? Overall: I can't see me wanting to change this thing for a long long time. I play pub gigs, and it's just great. Very pleased.

When you call, mention priority code 14PD-6XBV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976