When you call, mention priority code 157S-90GS

Rating and Reviews: Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP

The Peavey Grind Bass 5 offers high-grade features at an awesome price. With neck-through construction and passive humbuckers, the Grind Bass 5 rules.

"Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTP 5-String" submitted March 9, 2012

By Steve Yocum in Warrenton, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 35 years, Bass, Acoustic and Electric Guitars. Jamming and playing in a Contemporary Christian Rock Band.
Music Style: Christian Rock, Rock, Blues, Lil Country.
Sound: Has a wonderful sound. I use with a " Direct-In Box" into a PA system for performing and recording. If you like playing jazzy, contemporary rock I feel it excels. Over all I have played everything from country, Grunge, and mainstream with no problems. If anything other Bass players have picked it up, played it and were amazed how nice it sounded. Some tried to talk me out of it. Yeah, nice try. Feature: I feel the components that were matched with it work very well. If any changes were made, would be with the resister / Capacitor network to give it just a wee more volume at full setting. The Tone Controls are right on for what ever balancing needed for Bass / Treble. I am very impressed with the craftsmanship and construction. The wood grain finish gives it a sexy look. Ease of Use: I do not see how anyone, even at a most basic novices of knowledge, could make bad music with this. The tones are smooth with zero back ground noise even at higher amp settings. The design of the neck and fret board makes it easy to play. No need to press hard anywhere on the fret board. No tricks needed to learn. It will spoil you. Quality: It is made very well and I suspect It will be my main instrument for many years to come. Value: Yes it is worth twice the price. I have picked up other Basses that cost more and better known and was astounded they did not play as well or sounded as good. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed to contact them. But it would concern me if they do not quickly respond to a need or question only they can answer. The Wow Factor: 10 out of 10. For me, picking it up and playing it stuck in my mind. I went in three times and it drew me like a magnet. I had to take it home. It just looks, sounds, and plays awesome Overall: I love this Bass. I also have a Ibonez 4 string that is a little better for edgier / Grungier sound. But this Peavey plays so smoothly and has a great tone balance for most all music I play which is hard and soft Contemporary . It is a steal for the price and I feel it would be a great deal at twice the price. Lucky for me it wasn't

"I love it." submitted January 14, 2006

Music Style: Everything...
Sound: It sound amazing... going from a growl to a souding liek an upright... all the cool ranges... fill a band very well Feature: Not much wrong... they could of engravved the serial number into it... instead of just a sticker Quality: For price to niceness ration its liek 47 to 1... so nice... Value: I pay $430 for this bass (CDN) other companies were charging 1200+ for sometihing like it. Manufacturer Support: Ive heard goo dbad stuff about peavey... havnet dealt with them The Wow Factor: Yes... LOTS OF CURVES... sexy. Overall: Good... If your thinking about this look... go for it.
43 of 46 people (93.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nothing Compares. Excellent for beginner or seasoned artist." submitted March 4, 2008

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist, currently in recording phase
Music Style: anything but pop(poop), gangsta(kill, money), or depressed country(wife took dog and house, then the truck broke)
Sound: SOund is excellent, Has a very clean deep throat, and reaches into the higher band-range extremely well. Feature: Bought the guitar like new off of a friend, so I don't know what it came with originally. The dual tone knobs are quite useful, though the bridge tone is more usable for me. the pickup selector selector being a potentiometer rather than switch, can be viewed either as a positive or negative depending on playing syle. Body is beautifully hand-crafted, with a very heavy wood, and appears to be one solid chunk of wood, excluding the fingerboard. I find the knobs to be a little close together for quick adjustment, and as another here stated, the volume knob does tend to be overly touchy. Ease of Use: I learned on this bass, and have found it easier than any other I've played. For a first bass, there is no other choice. The neck is smooth and quick, though I originally found it difficult to mute the string rattle at the left hand(I guess that can be expected with any bass though, as the strings are so heavy). I would like a little more range of sound, it does sometimes lack that super punchy sound, of an active p-up, but more than makes up for it in clean deep throat. I found that the fifth(B) string was an excellent tool for learning as it helped me to keep my left hand located, by resting my thumb on B. It is quite heavy though. I often practice sitting on a barstool in my jam room, and the curves are quite comfortable, but after a while it starts to wear on my leg. Quality: I Consider this one of my three babies(along with my girl and my car), She is remarkably beautiful to any eye, and fits easily in any crowd. Body is solid with incredible finish and inlay. Some have complained about a sticker serial no., but mine seems to have been etched into the back of the head, along with the phrase, "Handcrafted in Vietnam. I do notice a few spaces where the pickup holes don't fit the pups quite right. The only problem I can comment roots in the plug output, as the hardware frequently came loose. This resulted in twist, which ripped one wire off the assembly inside. The plate came off with no trouble, and I easily soldered the wire back on, and tightened the nut. I have had no troubles since. I would recommend to any who buy this guitar, open it up and tighten the nut on the output right away, and you'll have yourself an excellent guitar. Value: Nothing compares. There is nothing on the market that delivers the quality, sound, beauty, and class for the price. It normally sells at around $400US, though I picked this one up for next to new(still had the price tag hanging from the neck) for only $200. I feel very lucky in this, as I had a friend offer it to me after becoming overwhelmed with the price tag of an extensive collection, after only having played it a few times. Manufacturer Support: No experience, only repair was made in my jam room The Wow Factor: It really is a work of art,(I've heard that exact statement numerous times) which any and all can appreciate. The wood grains and inlays, neck through body design, and beautiful curves scream, "Look At Me, Play Me, Love Me!" Overall: I will play this bass till I die, assuming nothing happens to it in the mean time. I just bought a new dean electric guitar as my first six string, and will probably get something else in the future, but as for this quality Peavey bass, there is none other. I might someday get a second(hoping they're still on the market) to keep tuned differently, and save time.... In short form; There is no other bass
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent and Beautiful Bass!" submitted March 24, 2013

By Dave Howard in Trion, GA
Musical Background: 23 yr Bass player...play in a Christian rock band
Music Style: Christian rock, rock, modern worship
Overall: This bass is everything I need in a 5 string bass. It resonates forever with the neck thru body, has really low bottom end with the low B and its looks are really something to admire, which were noticed by several people at the first show it played. The neck width is perfect for me. It doesn't have active electronics, but it honestly has more tone than the Ibanez GSR205 active that I was playing in my Christian rock band prior to buying the Grind. Overall, it's a fantastic instrument with awesome looks and some of the best sound that I have gotten from a bass. It had a defective bridge, but the guitar tech at Peavey fixed me right up with a replacement..customer service is awesome. Great job with the Grind, Peavey..keep up the good work!

"Great Starter 5-String" submitted May 4, 2014

By Brian S in Huntingdon, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing bass guitar for 30 years!
Music Style: I play country, blues, classic rock, hard rock & southern rock.
Overall: I bought this to replace a way older 4 string Peavey Patriot. Mine was a blemished unit so with that said, I can't complain. I actually called to find out what was wrong with this guitar before I bought it. I got it expecting major scratches or chips in the finish. I was pleasantly surprised with it. Although there were several small defects, it is virtually undetectable from a foot away. I had to make a small truss rod adjustment to the neck and change the strings. This thing suddenly came alive. For a guitar with passive pickups, it has a nice tonal range. The neck is very playable. I was afraid to switch from a 4 string (which I have played for 30 years) to a 5 string but this guitar makes me glad I did! It's easy to play, the action is exactly where I like it (low) and I can make it sound the way I want. In short...I love it!

"This is the one!!!!!" submitted February 4, 2011

By a customer from rogers.com
Music Style: Rock, country, gospel
Sound: The neck-through body design creates a killer sound....and it's low B-string is AWESOME. Feature: It is so lightweight and balanced....a real pleasure to wear for an entire gig, and a real "looker". Ease of Use: Love this bass. Quality: I've always been a fan of Peavey products....for the price this is an amazing bass. Value: Great value....a bass which looks and sounds much more expensive than it is in reality. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to contact Peavey. The Wow Factor: Beautiful curves and elegant styling. Overall: I will keep this bass for as long as I continue to be an active musician.....I am currently 63 years old, and intend to play many more years.

"Nice product for those of us on a budget" submitted July 5, 2005

Overall
Sound: First, I'm not a pro - just having fun. I think that for the price, this is a very good buy. Big sound, good definition, and fine action. Pickups have plenty of output. I like it better than my Fender 4-string (better action and I like the sound characteristics better). There are better axes out there, but as I said - for the money, I am very pleased and would buy it again given the choice. Feature: Yes, it has tone knobs (actually, the pots are very clean). Quality: I believe that the guitar is of very good quality. The finish is a bit on the rough side, but I don't play the finish!!

"If you are in the market for a budget bass, but don't want a cheap bass, this one is for you. Keep in mind, however, that it is" submitted November 28, 2011

By a customer from newwavecomm.net
Musical Background: A really long time
Music Style: Mostly Gospel
Sound: Sound is fantastic. I was very surprised when I hooked it up and took off. Only problem is some fret buzz, compliments of poor setup from factory. It would have gotten a 10 otherwise. I've purchased other cheaper bass guitars such as Brice and Stellar and recieved them out of the box with better setup. Feature: Features? It's a passive pickup bass. Not many features to impress us. At least one thing is for certain, turn the knobs and it makes a difference in the sound like it should, unlike some others. Ease of Use: Only thing I didn't like about playability is that the bottom string tends to want to slip off the frets. Being used to a wider neck is my problem. I can make some minor adjustments to my playing to overcome this. However, I shouldn't have to. Quality: Can't say anything bad about the quality. However, the shipping container sucked. I ordered a bass and case and they came seperate, bass wrapped in some thin foam and packed between cardboard and paper. Box was shredded and I just knew the bass was toast. But, no problems! Value: Compared to Brice and Stellar, the value is about twice the price. I can't say that it's twice the guitar. Maybe I will change my mind in the futre. However, it is worth noting that I really do like this bass and it will become my primary. Manufacturer Support: ??? The Wow Factor: Sharp....SHARP looking bass! Neck through with natural finish! Looks great! Overall: I think I will like this bass much better in a few months. At that time, I may wish I had rated it better. But, don't let this stop you from buying this bass. A hundred more bucks on a professional luthier and this bass will rock!!!

"A lot of Bang for the Buck" submitted August 7, 2012

By Chris S in Lucedale, MS
Musical Background: Gospel 15 years
Overall: I am very pleased with the playability and construction of my Grind 5. Mine shows to be made in Vietnam, I believe I might sand the body down as there are some places that appear to be sanded cross grain instead of with the grain and a few spots are a little rough. The imperfections are only visable upon close inspection, from 2ft away you can't tell it. Over all I'm very very satisfied. Also the Play as you pay was a big factor in me buying from zzounds.

"Peavey Grind" submitted May 15, 2012

By Tony M in Linden, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Professional bass, playing over 50 yrs.
Music Style: classic rock, country, gospel, latin, bluegrass, whatever tickles the crowd.
Sound: Excellent substain and deep lows that are crisp. Have to change out the cable size wires to some RotoSound light guage strings. Feature: Indivisual volume and tone control on each pickup gives ample control of a wide range of tones. Ease of Use: The thing shipped as is and was disappointing. The neck looked similar to a long bow with the huge wires on it, buzzed and intonation was crap. Worked on it a couple hours after receiving some LIGHT guage (.040-.120) Rotos and the beast became a beauty. Really hot pickups to be so low priced. No buzz, just deep, punchy, and that thru-body substain, Like my 4001 Rick. Quality: Beautiful wood, nice shape, fits well on the lap and decent balance for long night of gigging. finish could use a little more care, but HEY it's under 400 bucks. Value: yup Manufacturer Support: na, yes, peavy is a friend. The Wow Factor: If you can set up a bass, or have a shop do it (that knows what they're doing) get one, you'll have a great 2nd or 3rd bass. This one found a place with mine.... in good company with the 4001, BB Yamaha, and some Fenders. Overall: Needs setup and string change, then you have a sweet playing bass.

"Best bass I've seen un a long time." submitted October 14, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active musician.
Music Style: Rock, metal, screamo, Punk rock
Sound: I can actually hit chords with this bass, something I absolutely love, and it's a five string! Easily one of the beet basses I've bought. Feature: Well, I got mine used, so I'm not sure if there's something wrong with it, or my amp just sucks, or if some of the knobs are broken. Mine only has volume that work...but I'm certain that a new/well conditioned one works better. Ease of Use: Easy! Like I said, chords are a favorite of mine, and when I don't want to hit them, I just go right on to the B and E string and get some nice tones from the lower range. Quality: Oh yeah, very well made. Absolutely love the color to. I'd use it on the road any day. Worst aspect? Maybe the weight, seems a little neck-heavy to me. But that's just me. Value: It's worth more than what they're selling it to you for... Manufacturer Support: I LOVE PEAVY AMPS. Flat out the best amps/speakers out there. And apparently basses to, I didnt know they made any before I saw this one. And because of that, I've never had any other peavy stuff, so no need for me to call them. The Wow Factor: The body of the bass makes it extremely easy to hit the higher notes, which is good because it has TWO OCTAVES. Long and skinny neck, easy to get your hand around to get to the middle strings. Overall: Oh, I'll have mine till it breaks, which will be in like, 40 years.

"Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB 5-String Electric Bass" submitted January 27, 2012

By Richie F in Dawson Springs, KY
Overall
Musical Background: In or around bands for 30+ years. Play drums, bass, guitar.
Music Style: Rock, metal, Christian
Manufacturer Support: N/A Overall: I just started playing bass and this is my first bass guitar but I have been in bands or around them my whole life. I am extremly pleased with my Peavey!! It rocks straight out of the box. Great control with the tone and volume knobs, awesome deep, rich sound.My only complaints are the finish on the body is a little rough and I'm getting some fret buzz from the strings being so low which is an easy fix.I am a big fan though!!! I would for sure recomend this bass!!!!

"I would highly recommend this bass." submitted May 16, 2011

Music Style: everything from Gangsta Rap to Rock to Jazz
Sound: I would classify this sound with one word " dark ". Not a bad dark , just very low and round. It is hard to bring out of that register, regardless of settings. Works great for what I need it for. The thing resonates like a tuning fork because of the neck through design. Feature: couldn't find a neck through bass for any cheaper, that's for sure = ) Ease of Use: Fast comfortable neck , came out of the factory with a decent setup. Quality: minor imperfections from the factory, none of which effect playability. Crappy finishing such as fret ends and sanding, and the pictures do not accurately represent the finish on the bass .... it is much lighter Value: best bang for your buck. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to contact Peavey for this bass, but I have previously with other products and they were great Overall: I am very happy with how this bass plays and it will be in my collection permanently.

"UPGRADE YOUR PICKUPS" submitted February 29, 2012

By a customer from HOTMAIL.COM in ABILENE, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 10 YEARS MUSIC EXPERIENCE, 6 YEARS BASS GUITAR EXPERIENCE, 4 YEARS AUDIO RECORDING EXPERIENCE
Music Style: METAL, HARDCORE, BLUES, CLASSIC ROCK, JAZZ, ROCK
Overall: I BOUGHT THIS GUITAR SLIGHTLY USED FROM MY LOCAL GUITAR SHOP. IT IS A GOOD GUITAR THE ONLY PROBLEMS I HAVE IS THE TUNING PEGS COULD USE SOME UPGRADING AND ONE OF THE PEGS FOR MY GUITAR STRAP KEEP STRIPPING OUT. SO JUST SOME VERY MINOR THINGS(WHY I GAVE "QUALITY" ONLY 3 STARS). THE PICKUPS THAT COME STOCK WITH THIS GUITAR ARE OK BUT COULD BE BETTER. I UPGRADED BOTH OF MY PICKUPS TO AN EMG 40DC ACTIVE PICKUP THEREFORE ONE OF MY PODS ARE INACTIVE AND COULD BE USED TO PUT A KILL SWITCH IN, WHICH I PLAN ON DOING SOON. OVERALL A GOOD 5 STRING BASS GUITAR. AND WITH THE RIGHT MODS AND CUSTOMIZATION COULD BE ONE OF THE BEST GUITARS OUT THERE

"Neckthrough great looks and sound. An excellent value." submitted October 19, 2004

By a customer from juno.com
Overall
Music Style: contemporary worship, latin jazz
Sound: I plugged it to a Gallien-Krueger Backline 110 and this bass sounds great! lots of sound Feature: The actual color of the wood was not even close to what it is portrayed on the ad, but it doesn't look bad. Quality: Quality overall seems good, however, right after unpacking, the instrument was covered with lots of very fine dust. Value: This bass guitar looks great for the price you pay. Manufacturer Support: Manufacturer not easy to reach. They don't seem to answer their correspondence. I'm in the dark about their support to clients. The Wow Factor: The looks, that why I bought it Overall: I'm planning on keeping this guitar and make it my regular musical tool. The guitar is stylish, lightweight and sounds good. I have not had any trouble with it so far.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazing Bass" submitted July 24, 2012

By Victoria R in Kingston, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I've played Bass for 2 years, with a couple different instructors. I have played professionally at a few venues.
Music Style: Rock, J-Rock, Grunge, Jazz, Metal, Classical, Emo, Punk, Indie, (Tegan & Sara, Sick of Sarah)
Overall: Very clean and solid sounding bass. Perfect tones, and the wood is smooth and well-crafted. It's a nice guitar, although its a little heavy, for a wood-body guitar it's nothing major. The hardware and pickups give this bass a wonderful sound-- I'd reccomend this guitar to anybody.

"IT"S A BEAST!!!!" submitted December 29, 2010

Music Style: ROCK
Sound: the thing is a beast Value: totally worth it's price Manufacturer Support: never owned a peavy bass before but i love it now Overall: Let's just say i plan on keeping this product for a very long time.

"Peavey Grind 5-string" submitted April 15, 2012

By Byron S in Riverton, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I've played music since 6 grade. Currently I play bass for one worship service a week and trumpet for twol.
Music Style: Christian worship music
Overall: This is a very strong passive bass. Most times I cannot play with the volume greater that 1/4. Any higher and I'm over powering everything else. For the price, this is an excellent 1st bass. It has a thin body and light wait that makes easy and fun to play during a long worship service.

"excellent bass" submitted May 22, 2014

By Steve M in Bloomington, IN
Overall
Overall: Really great bass at an unbelievable price. Feels great, sounds great. I just had to adjust the action a little to remove some fret buzz.

"great bass for a great price" submitted December 30, 2005

Musical Background: garage bassist
Music Style: rock,alternative, metal
Sound: very solid bass plays well on all strings with great tone. Feature: active electronics would be nice

"Good sound for a hardware store beater." submitted November 19, 2007

Overall
Sound: The individual pickup volume and tone knobs give a lot of versatility for getting the right sound, but they are extremely sensitive pots. The volume is almost maxed as soon as you turn the knob even a little bit. The tone controls are awesome. Feature: The bridge hardware sucks. I have had excessive string breakage with this bass, due in part to the bridge saddles being angled too sharply relative to the anchors. The saddles also aren't attached, they are free floating, so if you break a string you have to be careful you don't lose the saddle. Similarly the string nut anchors in the body of the bass also come free, and if you aren't careful you can chuck a broken string with the anchor on accident. However, you can replace these with the right sized nut from the hardware store, which is a better option because you can tap them permanently into the recesses in the back of the body where no one will notice they are a bootleg job. Ease of Use: Great to play after initial setup. However, I have to knock 2 points off for the hassles of string breakage and changing. Strings break too frequently on this bass and when they do, the broken string gets in the way of playing the remaining strings, so you have to kind of do this dance where you hold the broken string away from the bass with your pinky finger to play the other strings. Pain. Quality: It is a solid bass but appears to have been made so cheaply by using more blemished wood and cheaper hardware. I liked the "used" look of the brand new bass. But some people might not. Value: I probably paid a little more than I should have, but the bass sounds good notwithstanding all its other issues. Manufacturer Support: Impossible to find replacement bridge hardware on their site. Go to the hardware store or machine your own. The Wow Factor: I'd probably shop around more before I got this one again. Overall: Does the job.

"Nice bass for a nice price." submitted June 9, 2013

By Juan Solo in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 13 years, bass, standard guitar, acoustic, drums, vocals, upright, keyboard. Jam, full time band and studio session player.
Music Style: Thrash metal, Death metal, Black metal, jazz, blues, funk, rock, experimental, tejano, etc
Overall: I couldn't be happier with this bass. It gives me the tone and punch I need and when I need it. I've been playing for quite a while now and after not really finding anything in a store, a friend of mine suggested this bass. I was intimidated at first since all I have played in the past have been ESP, Jackson and Cort, but with a little practice and getting used to each other, I have no problem reaching every not I need to while jammin out with a band or at home. The mahogany neck is very solid, very sturdy. It lets you fee very sure of what you're playing, unlike some of the maple necks I have played on in the past(some of you more experienced players will know what I mean). It gives a very warm tone, very close to an upright with the right setting. The one thing I will give this bass above many others in it's price range is the looks. It struck me out of the box and still strikes me today. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. Very beautiful in my opinion. It definitely plays and feels very much out of it's price range. It sounds very much out of it's price range. And while no, it's not a Gibson, faster players will have to a little time to adjust, especially if you're like me and have short fingers. All in all, the only things I have done to it is switch the pickups to EMG actives(just for personal preference, the stock ones are just fine) and switched from nickel to stainless steel strings, mainly for some bite. Other than that. Great buy and an extremely well investment. Cheers.

"I love my Grinds (2)" submitted July 4, 2012

By Eddie B in Beattyville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: 40+yrs, Bass-Guitar-Drums, I have played pro. retired to studio.
Music Style: Blues, Rock & Metal.
Overall: I bought a 2nd one for back up. I've owed many instruments over the years (wish I still had them all) including a Cirrus 5 string which I loved and miss. The Grind bass is a great bass for a fraction of the cost of a Cirrus. The only problem is the shielding of the controls, easily fixed by lining the control box with foil. This greatly increased the output and tone and eliminated all electromagnetic noise. I don't know why this isn't done at the factory. Oh-well, I love my (Grind) girls.

Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP Customer Review submitted August 14, 2011

Music Style: Contemporary Christian
Feature: Standard base guitar features. Ease of Use: Plug 'n play. Quality: I've noticed nothing bad. Value: It is an excellent value. I'm not a bassist primarily, so I don't have much to compare to, but it has features that more expensive basses have at a lower price (which is why I bought it). Manufacturer Support: No experience with Peavey. I had no reason to contact them. Overall: It fit what I wanted to have for the price I wanted to pay. I'm glad I got it and I would buy it again if needed.

"peavey 5string grind bass; simply the best." submitted August 7, 2006

Overall
Music Style: jazz, fusion, experimental, pop
Sound: wish it was active. it lacks punch even if you tweak ur amp. the pickups doesnt give a lot of output.. but this baby sounds like an upright. it has this distinct warm tone good for light jazzy fusion genre. or maybe my pickups were conected with the opposite polarity, ill check it out, or ill just upgrade both of its pickups and put a preamp for more boost. Feature: for a 5-string and its price, its definety a one of a kind. ull never find a bass better than this for that price range. its sexy, i really loved the curves. the wood finsh, suberb! i bought this in a instrument store back in the philipines. it was on sale. i purchased it for a LOW LOW price! but i cant find the serial number, i beliv grind basses' serial numbers are placed in stickers. wished peavey just carved it. it was on sale because it was an old stock. it was rusty and very dusty. but for the price, it was a great catch. i just cleaned it at home and played wtih this baby.. i often use the lower 4srtings, and just use the b-string as a support for my thumb. i only use the b-string when i am at a high scale and use it for an open B note with its "BOOOOOOM" thump low sound. Ease of Use: the neck is realy fast, REALY FAST! i can do the things i do in a guitar with this bass. you can sweep you can do chords. the neck is thin, ideal for my small hands. im actulay a guitarist and i just this for fun. but this bass is no frills.. the body is very sleek, at the same time ergonomic(hope i got that right). it is very light and doesnt strain any part of ur body. you can play this even at very dark places because the bass really becomes a part of you. you can feel what you are playing even without looking whether you are at a the right fret or at thr right string. very easy to play, makes ur creative juisces flow with this instrument Quality: well the quality honestly is substandard, the finish isnt that clean.(remember i bought this full of dirt) but that my style, a lil filthy haha but not too filthy.. but for the price, who cares man. ill still buy this. i recomend this product if ur on a tyt budget. this one is a keeper Value: i bought this for a cheap price but i purchesed this product 3x times its worth. realy good product even if it is cheap. Manufacturer Support: havent tried it yet The Wow Factor: the best! i use this for recording to fill in my guitar. it really bends with my music.. again it has this warm tone because of it passive pickups. one of the best bargain i ever had Overall: this is tottaly the best bass ever! ill keep it and never sell this nor trade this with anything. try it, buy it. if you dont believe me, try listening to "up dharma down" a filipino experimental-fusion band. their bassist is using a peavey 5string grind. the bassist uses the grind bass,just the bass and the amp, he rarely uses effects because the guitarist uses alot of effects allredy. he adds a litle dirt with thier melodic and jazzy music.
16 of 18 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Peavey Grind Bass" submitted September 3, 2012

By Julian Smith in Henderson, NC
Overall
Musical Background: 24 years of playing bass with a local band.
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I was disappointed in the Grind. I am a huge fan of Peavey but this bass did not live up to the hype. It sounds a little cheesy.

Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP Customer Review submitted December 17, 2004

By a customer from excite.com
Music Style: rock, alternative
Sound: OK sound, a little buzzy, but worked better after truss adjustment. The input jack became loose and the solder joint on the receptacle broke off. Feature: Average, it does hold good tune, but there is a section of non tunability in the upper scales that can't be adjusted out. Quality: Components are stuck together pretty haphazardly, lots of fit and finish troubles, cracks between mated pieces...etc... Manufacturer Support: Peavey is great, the offered to repair the input jack problem for free but I didn't like the long turnaround time.

"More than you pay for!!" submitted January 6, 2004

By a customer from faceferst.com
Music Style: Funk Rock
Sound: For this price the sound is amazing its clean and crisp and has a deep kick. Value: For this price you couldnt find a better bass. The Wow Factor: The wood design on the body is tacky. a solid stained color would be much more practical

"A different point-of-view --female" submitted December 26, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: "Active Musician"
Sound: The sound of this bass is warm. The low register is smooth thunder. The upper register is full and luscious. I have run it through a soundboard as well as a large bass amp; either way, it kicks Feature: The natural finish on the wood is breathtaking; it looks like a beautiful piece of furniture. Everyone from teenagers to "old" folk, to people who don't even play an instrument are wowed by this guitar. Quality: I have had no problems whatsoever. Value: I shopped a very long time; this is the best. I was prepraed to pay much more. As a matter of fact, I've had 2 of the larger music stores in town offer to buy it from me! (no way) Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: It is gorgeous! As I said, everyone that sees this guitar is blown away. It's look is very striking and unique for a bass. I can take it to a formal concert and not feel out of place; in churches it's great; it will "fit-in" anywhere Overall: I have played all types of msuic with this guitar; hymns and praise music; jazz and rock, even in orchestras and it is the most versitile bass out there. You couldn't give me any other bass!

When you call, mention priority code 157S-90GS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976