When you call, mention priority code 1418-YC9J

Rating and Reviews: Peavey 6505+ 112 Amp

The Peavey 6505 Plus 112 Combo is a great way to be heard. With 60 watts of all-tube power, the Peavey 6505 Plus 112 sounds good on any stage.

"For Metal Look no Further" submitted June 4, 2013

By Matt S in Springfield, MO
Overall
Musical Background: I am a one man band. I play drums, bass and guitar. Been playing 20 years.
Music Style: Metal!!!!!!!!!!!
Overall: I did not purchase this amp from zzounds although I have purchased most of my gear through zzounds. This amp is amazing! If you want that metal tone this is all you need. Honestly you will be hard pressed to find a bad tone on this amp. This can be used at home but I mean to tell you if you turn it up to 3 with the post gain at 7 it is going to be loud, and this is coming from a guy who loves that kind of thing. Buy this amp and you won't be dissapointed. Also if you run a tubescreamer in front of this thing you will take it to the next level, but you would also need a noise suppressor for that kind of thing.

"The METAL Machine!" submitted January 3, 2011

Music Style: Hard Rock/Metal
Sound: Amazing sound! This is my first tube powered amp. And leaving the world of solid state junk. I entered Heaven, that my friends is the sound of a tube amp. Just mess with the settings to suit your sound and you'll find what your looking for. I love metal sound and the distortion is out of this world! The clean tone is decent, just tweak it up and your good to go. I honestly thought I'd need a noise suppressor, but I dont hear a hiss or hum from this when I crank the gain or have my effects thru the loop. This amp to me goes beyond one thats so pricey like an Orange, Marshall, or Engl. Sometimes these amps although good to some, but sometimes overrated. Feature: Its great! I just gave it a 9 b/c it should have alteast came w/ the channel footswitch. Ease of Use: Ditch the manual, it sucks. Just tweak the settings yourself. Doing stuff hands on is better than having a piece of paper explain it to you. Quality: Cosmetics was awesome! Once I got the amp I did a once over just to make sure it was fresh and it was. Its a great tool for your set up the only thing I recommend is when you turn it on leave it alone for a few mins let the tubes warm up and then go to town on the amp. Value: Great price for what you get. I wanted something with tubes, great sound, and value. With a little shopping around and doing some homework on other amp makers this one took the cake. Manufacturer Support: Since I got it from zzounds everything was great! Fast shipping. But I ended up getting the wrong power cord, but no prob zzounds was there to send me the correct one in the matter of a day or two. A+! The Wow Factor: Oh its sexy! If you love the 5150 but cant find or afford one, then go with this mean amp! Overall: I love it! It has quality, durabillity, and plays like a dream, esp the distortion.
13 of 17 people (76.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Incredible Combo of Best Sounding Metal Amp Ever Made" submitted May 3, 2012

By David S in Atlanta, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 31 years... Ibanez Prestige RG... play professionally.
Music Style: Metal.
Overall: This combo sounds absolutely incredible for metal and/or shredding. The richness of the tones and harmonic content of each chord is beyond impressive. The sounds are so thick and with the resonance up in the closed cab... brutal sounding. This is not bass and fizz like a Mesa. This amp punches you in the face with ALL frequencies. It's just unreal... No overdrive pedal needed... nothing required to push this thing. Built like a tank. I'd put the sound of this combo up against anything out there.

"No videos online do this amp justice" submitted March 1, 2013

Music Style: metal/rock/blues
Sound: i cant believe how incredibly responsive this all tube amp is, if you are coming form digital like me, this amp will knock your socks off, Feature: the reverb is subtle but nice, the low end is incredible (you'll feel like your playing a 4x12 if you play in your home loud) Ease of Use: if you dont know how to use low mid high pres/res controls, just tinker with them untill it sounds right to YOU i had an amazing tone dialed in, in bout 4 minutes of strumming and changing them knobs around) Quality: built like a tank for 1, this thing is 66 lbs, of pure guitar bliss slight hissing/static when you are warming up the tubes (if you turn power on aswell as standby) but not when tubes are warm... its just a warming up phase. Value: cant beat it, spend the extra money and get this over a vavleking you'll thank you're self later Manufacturer Support: have not had to use them yet, no problems with amp The Wow Factor: i was wow'd. Overall: Holy massive low end batman! this thing KICKS, 3 is more than enough volume for any home, but who leaves it at 3 when you can go to 10! if you get this amp brand new like i did, it will sound alittle flat for the first 20 or so hours, thats the break in period for the speaker, it opens its self up nicely, but ofc everyone wants that Celestion vintage tone, including myself. first off this amp has GREAT clean sound, after you dial it in of course, a multi fx pedal helps with cleans... but you're not buying this amp for clean playing, even tho it can do them just fine i use an acoustic sim on my multifx pedal, and the rhythm channel just sounds fantastic! if you are at all swayed by the "well i cant get this one its made in china probably crap" you are dead wrong. this amp has glorious metal/hard rock/hard blues/ tone the lead channel was crafted by God himself, i do believe. wanna play metallica? no problem, believe it or not, i great an incredible responsive adam jones (tool) tone from this amp, the low end for palm muting chugs is not to be believed for under 1000$ i was torn between a DSL40c (thank god i did not get that garbage) i LOVE me some JCM800, but those marshall DSL combos are terrible amps. and this 6505+ combo and trust me, no videos do this amp ANY justice, it is a high gain monster, will put ANY other combo amp to shame, the gain is not over the top does not sound retardedly bright/too much high end no, this amp is perfect for any metal/rock tone (dont expect alot out of it as far as great blues sounds go) but it can do some bluesy tones

"This IS metal." submitted September 28, 2011

Music Style: Metal
Sound: I'd characterize the sound of this product as a darker-voiced amp. Sound quality is remarkably good, for an amp of this price. I came from a different sound, that of a Marshall and they were just getting too bright and trebly for me for what I play, and the 6505 was a lot tighter, with more gain than you'll ever use. I was using a lot of different pedals to get the tone I wanted with the Marshall, and the only thing I use with this is an MXR 10 band eq. Opens this amp up a lot more. I've used this to record with, and live as well.....pretty easy to dial in for both situations. Also, this thing is LOUD. Don't worry about that, you've got the volume. And it has the power to push a 4x12 Vader cab. I'd suggest the 10 band eq to get the most out of this combo, but it's not necessary unless you really need to be in control of all the freqs. Feature: No accessories. Kind of angry that it doesn't come with a footswitch, but not that big a deal. Most useful features include the Lead channel........this thing is brutality, and it's mostly what I use. The Rhythm channel is usable,for lower gain stuff but if you're looking at this amp, it's highly unlikely that you're going to use it anyway. The cleans on this amp aren't great.....usable certainly, especially with the 10 band but nothing special. Also of note are the separate EQs for Rhythm and Lead. That's a really nice feature that more amps in this price range should have, in my opinion. The Reverb is ok....nothing special. Does what it is supposed to do, but not spectacularly well. Ease of Use: If you can't dial this amp in, put down the guitar and walk away. It takes pedals well, and is easy to get a great sound out of. Bonus, if you're somewhere to play and they only have 6505's and 5150s, you're set and already have a great tone. The learning curve is about half an hour, if that. Quality: Seems to be made well, fit and finish are good. No cosmetic issues and no reliability issues so far. I've gigged with it, and it's held up so far. I don't really take a backup to gigs, just tubes and fuses. I'd take it on the road no problem. Seems like it'll last a while. I didn't give it a 10 only because it's made in China and who knows? Value: It's absolutely worth the money. If you're looking for a darker voiced amp that can thump your house and peel paint, this is the amp for you. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed anything from them as of yet. Hopefully never do. The Wow Factor: Play it. Youll be amazed at the tones, and then you'll start thinking it's sexay! Overall: I'd be satisfied with the tones from this for a very long time. I'd be interested to blend this and my Mesa Single Rec, just to see what kind of tones would complement. For the money, there were other amps out there, but this just seemed to fit what I do after I played it. It certainly helps me get the tones I want, for the price I wanted to spend. If someone stole it, I'd replace it in a heartbeat. For best: The Lead channel is incredible. You'll love it for metal, djent, or any other high gain application.It's METAL. For worst:Cleans are not good......it's hard to get to where you can switch for clean passages. Right now until I come up with another solution, I'm A/Bing it with my Single Rec for clean tones....does the job, but I wish I didn't have to.

"Peavey amps continue to improve their sound quality. I would like to see a 2x12 version of this amp. " submitted September 21, 2010

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Sound: I would have given this a 10 but the clean channel is too muddy. Feature: Again, I would have given this a 10 but the reverb is very weak. Ease of Use: very easy to adjust your sound preferences. the resonance is very helpful to polish the highs and lows. Quality: 2 days after I used the amp, the lighted peavey logo quit. Value: The value is acceptable for a 6505 from made from China. Manufacturer Support: I have had a chance to use them, not yet. The Wow Factor: I will give this another 9. This is my practice amp. Good enough to pacify my sound taste. Overall: As long as I own it.

"A High Gain Beast!" submitted January 15, 2012

By Paul P in Sudbury, ON
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur musican for over 25 years (PLAY GUITAR)
Music Style: Mostly rock and metal!
Sound: As others have commented, this is an amazing amp for hard rock metal styles. Without any effects, you can dial in a brutal tone and with a little patience and creativity, you can dial in decent cleans. I run a sonic maximizer through the effects loop, and use an overdrive up front to thicken the tone (but I don't really have to unlike with other amps) Chorus and delay can also help dial in sparkilng cleans...though you might have to roll the volume and tone controls back on your guitar (especially if you use high gain pickups like me). Feature: I like the fact that there are separate eq's for both channels, and I really like the crunch option on the clean channel..very useful. The reverb is ok, nothing spectacular. I don't miss gimmicky effects like delay and chorus. The presence and resonance controls are a nice feature. Ease of Use: If you can plug your guitar in and are familiar with the basics in terms of equalization, you can use this amp. Might want to experiment with the presence and resonance dials a little. Quality: Seems well made. Weighs a ton!! Value: Quite remakable really, to the point of being hard to believe! Manufacturer Support: Hopefully we won't need to go there. The Wow Factor: Listening to this amp can evoke the wow factor, most definetly. Overall: A stack like sound at bedroom volumes!!

When you call, mention priority code 1418-YC9J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976