When you call, mention priority code 13ZK-7NQJ

Rating and Reviews: Peavey 6505 Plus

At 120 watts, Peavey's 6505 Plus is a beast of an amp head. Craft an earth-shaking tone all your own with its robust tone shaping and gain controls.

"Wow" submitted April 4, 2012

By Joe Visman in Wellsboro, PA
Musical Background: 10 years. Guitar, Bass, Piano, Drums, and Mandolin
Music Style: Anything but country and hip hop.
Overall: This amp is amazing. The sounds you can get are just mind blowing. No more distortion pedals are needed and the clean channel has such a great tone. I have always bought Peavey products before but this tops them all. People who say this amp is just for metal have apparently never played with it. I bought this amp with a payment plan and was shocked when I found a better price and Zzounds still beat the price for after the purchase. I was skeptical until they gave me a credit on my payment plan. Couldn't ask for a better site than this one.

"Extremely Powerful" submitted March 14, 2012

By Joshua Ladlee in New London, OH
Overall
Musical Background: USA Fender Stratocaster Standard/Epi Les Paul/Explorer/Wildkat | Biyang Tri-Reverb | Crybaby Wahwah
Music Style: Classic Rock, 80's Hair.
Overall: I seen a few people saying the cleans are no good. If you have ears you can get any sound you want out of this beast, I would recommend the Peavey 6505+ to anyone who is serious about making some noise!If you are stuck between this head or another, Trust my word. You won't regret it. Right out of the box, it's ready to deliver, if you know what I mean.

"Peavey 6505 Plus" submitted February 22, 2012

By Mouth Full in rochester, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 4 years guitar.Other insterments alot longer.
Music Style: Pop punk,alternative,pop rock.post hardcore
Overall: I had my heart set on a mesa triple head because I am in a pop punk band Called "Mouth Full" out of Rochester New York and when you hear pop punk a mesa triple rec is usally the go to amp. My friend sold this amp to me for 600 bucks. I played all my bands stuff on the lead channel on my marshal so I figured I would test out the lead channel on the 6505+. It was way to heavy and I thought I made a mistake buying this amp every one said dont buy it if your not a full out metal band.I played around with it a bit and found out the crunch channel was what im looking for.The crunch channel sounds just about as heavy as my marshals lead channel haha. Usually when you think crunch channel you don't think it would sound like this peavey does.It has alot of gain but its brite and crip distortion which is what I was looking for and more it has an amazing tone and the tubes are old so it should be even better when I re tube it.I was really upset that I bought it for a few days until I used the crunch channel.The lead channel is awesome don't get me wrong but its to heavy for my sound that I want.But like I said the crunch channel will make any pop punk guy think twice about buying a mesa triple.The best part I would say is if you need a ton of gain you have it,theirs a song or 2 that we play that will totally benefit for the lead channel. I mean you can be playing blink 182 in the crunch channel and kick on the lead channel and play the heaviest of the heavy.I have never liked the idea of needing a $50 distortion pedal for an amp that you pay alot of money for and this is an amp you really don't need one.I really like the cleans on this amp some people dont but for my style is awesome.I dont think Im going to get another amp for a long time.

"Peavey 6505 Plus Guitar Amplifier Head" submitted April 27, 2014

By Doug S in Newhall, CA
Musical Background: Solo artist
Music Style: Metal, hard rock, blues
Overall: This amp seems to be very well built for the price...I'm very pleased here. The stock tone is pretty good but a bit fizzy at lower volumes and still kinda fizzy turned up. But the character is really good. I added a Mercury OT and choke, did the bias mod so it's in a better range (38ma) and put a TS pedal in front. Relatively inexpensive mods overall I think. Now this this thing kicks ass!!! It sounds very "expensive". It reminds me of a Fryette Pitbull. Obviously different character but very tight, punchy, aggressive with tons of harmonic content. I love this amp now. I put it a notch down for features. I'd like to have fully separate vol and gain on clean/crunch channel (though this can be modded in with dual concentric pots), midi channel control and a master vol.

"THE Titan of high gain amps,NONE better." submitted May 12, 2007

Musical Background: Semi-Pro
Music Style: all types when hired, metal in my own bands
Sound: The gain is the best imo. Cleans are decent. Picking dynamics are second to none where a high gain amp is concerned and this amps gain is much more useable than about any other i have used. For the price it can't be touched and even for a grand more it would still be untouched. The only issue i have is the amp cannot be switched to half power but, not a big deal at all for the tone. Feature: I wish it had a half power switch and lazer beams to shoot out at the crowd when a pinch harmonic is hit.... Ease of Use: EFFORTLESS..... Quality: Tank,Tank,TANK! This amp is the only other i have used that may as well be bulletproof... Value: For the price it can't be beat. For twice the price it is still untouched. Manufacturer Support: The customer service is great, i own one of their no longer manufatured guitars and asked them for the specs and i got them within minutes with a polite message. The Wow Factor: I reocrded in a pro studio and used the originaly titled version of this amp and have lusted after it ever since,now i have one and i own the combo, sonicaly other amps can eat Peavey's dust as far as this amps concerned. Overall: i love other amps by different manufacturers but, this is,was and always will be my main/go to amp for all but, the jangliest of cleans, when it comes to anything where gain with clarity and articulation is concerned this amp destroys ALL others.
20 of 23 people (86.96%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Assimilate or Die, This AMP is FOR METAL!!!!" submitted March 25, 2010

By a customer from cfl.rr.com
Music Style: Metal, NeoClassical, Blues, Hard Rock, Jazz, Fusion
Sound: The is the king of Metal Amps. The sound is phenomenal. The cleans channels are really good and it has a crunch channel that you can click on the footswitch. I really enjoy using this thing, especially the lead channel. If you want a real metal amp with soaring leads, get this! Feature: The amp comes with a good footswitch unlike the regular 6505. Its actually durable and has 3 buttons, 1 for clean and lead, 1 for crunch, 1 for effects. The tubes in it are great, I believe there 6L6's. The amp is all round awesome. Ease of Use: Piece of cake getting any tone from this. I can adjust my settings to get a ZZ top sound all the way down to an As I lay Dying tone. The amp is very adjustable and has no horizons and limits. Quality: This thing is built like a frickin tank. I purchased this one Blemished and there wasnt any scratches, or dings, or anything wrong with it. I was beyond impressed with how built this thing was.I think ill have it till I die. Value: This amp is pricey but worth it. You get what you pay for, if you buy a 400 Bugera head, Its gonna break, if you buy a Peavey that been around forever, its going to last and give you some signature tones. Manufacturer Support: Havent talked to peavey but I give them a 10 for building an awesome amp that it wont break so I dont need to call the. The Wow Factor: Its one sexy amp. It screams "SHRED ME" Overall: I will have this till the world ends. If someone were to steal this thing, Id probably murder them, actually I would tie them to the amp and put it on 10 and blow there ear drums out, then drop it on them because its a tank. Plus I can test out the durability at the same time. AWESOME AMP!
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Greatest high gain amp ever. The beastly amp." submitted January 21, 2008

Overall
Music Style: All kinds of metal, some rock, mostly metal.
Sound: This thing is a monster. It has the best distortion I've ever played in my life. The only thing I don't like is that you can't get it to be completely clean. Feature: Comes with cab cables, and a footswitch. Awesome. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that the clean and crunch are on the same channel. It would have been better if they had two separate set of knobs for that. Ease of Use: Extremely easy. Quality: Its beautiful, the most beautiful I've ever seen. Value: You've got Marshall's that have worse sound than this and that are like 2000 dollars. Best value ever for this amp right here. Manufacturer Support: Never used it. The Wow Factor: It look great. Overall: I don't think I'm ever gonna get sick of this amp. Maybe I would get a Marshall JVM or some other head, just for diversity in my heads. But seriously, I think I've found my tone.

"This monster tone scares me" submitted February 15, 2013

By Sean A in Morgan Hill, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 30 years now. Played in clubs for years but now just home recordings and teaching
Music Style: From Megadeath to Mozart
Overall: Wow... Once it was delivered, I immediately plugged it in to my Mesa 4x12 cabinet. No effect pedals.... just the guitar. What an INSANE tone. This is what I was trying to get out of my other amps but having to use OD pedals to get. The clean tone is not as impressive as the crunch but its still a nice sound and can be cleaned up with some chorus and reverb. This is by far my favorite amp now. I was never a Peavey fan until now.

"Awesome high gain tube amp!" submitted February 24, 2011

Musical Background: Gigging Musician
Music Style: Metal
Sound: This amp is awesome. If you play metal or rock you should definately check out this amp. It has way more gain and volume than anyone should ever need. You CAN get clean sounds out of this amp. Very versatile amp. Feature: This thing is packed with feature to sculpt the sound you want. It also has a ground lift, which is a big plus when gigging. The only thing missing is a headphone jack. Ease of Use: Very easy to use and dial in the sound your looking for. Quality: This thing is built like a tank. I would trust it without a backup any day. Value: Definately worth the price compared to other high gain tube amps.

"This head is amazing!" submitted September 26, 2012

By Jacob N in Denver, CO
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues
Overall: Amazing amp with the ability to get any sound I need, from super high gain to light blues distortion, and everything between. Controls are straightforward, and the footswitch just makes the ease of use all the more easier.

"The Learning Curve" submitted May 28, 2014

By KICH K in DFW, TX
Music Style: Metal
Overall: There is a whole lot of negativity floating around about this amp. It seems to me that if you're expecting it to be another amp, you're destined to be disappointed. It definitely got its own personality. It does heavy in spades, which is what i bought it for. I don't much understand buying it for anything else. The clean channel takes some patience to dial in, but it's possible to get a very useable tone out of it. Paired with an MXR six band EQ, this thing is a MONSTER. I wouldn't hate if it had built in reverb. Made in USA, rock hard construction.

Peavey 6505 Plus Customer Review submitted April 18, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: active musician and recording engineer
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Metal
Sound: This head Rocks!! The tone is extremely versatile and plenty loud. I currently use it for an Iron Maiden tribute band, but can also get a 70's thru 90's rock tone. Feature: Came with a pedal to switch from clean to crunch to sreaming lead tone. Also has an effects on/off. I like the that this head has seperate EQ for the two channels. I do wish the resonance and reverb were a little better, but they still sound sweet. Ease of Use: Totally basic to use. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to contact support.

"Peavey 6505 Plus...Tone like no other...Kudos to Zzounds!!!" submitted June 11, 2013

By Carlos M in Cromwell, CT
Musical Background: 18 years of gigging and recording
Music Style: Modern rock, metal
Overall: First of all Zzounds does it again. Ordered on Sunday and delivered on Tuesday morning along with the 6505 angle cab!!! Incredible experience anytime I purchase anything from them. As far as the 6505 plus head and 6505 cab...nothing short of incredible! If you want a clean, tight, punchy distortion sound this is it. Every review says it and I'll say it again...you CANNOT beat this OD sound for modern gain period!!! No need for a compression box with this head..the sound is so tight. Add a little reverb and chorus and you are done!!! Thank you Peavey and thank you again Zzounds for amazing customer service and unbeatable pricing.

"ONE WORD! BRUTALITY!" submitted November 21, 2009

Music Style: Melodic death metal
Sound: You forgot to mention the most awesome band in the world uses these! THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply amazing! Feature: Brutality at its finest! Ease of Use: What else can i say? The best for the price! Quality: I have a peavey head from the early 80s and it still sounds as good as new! Value: Excellent price! Manufacturer Support: Excellent customer service! The Wow Factor: Sexy

"WE LOVE THAT!" submitted January 13, 2006

Music Style: rock, hardcore, metal
Sound: HEAVY AS F***!! Cleans could be better, but lets face it, if you are looking at this amp, cleans are the last thing on your mind. The gain on this is incredible. Tone is amazing. Quality: Peavey has always made quality products. Why do you think so many artists use their product? Value: Try to find this kind of tone for under 1000 dollars... Peavey is the only one. Manufacturer Support: havent dealt with them, but im sure they are great. The Wow Factor: Looks and sounds like money Overall: get yours today!

When you call, mention priority code 13ZK-7NQJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976