When you call, mention priority code 154T-5SML

Rating and Reviews: Peavey Classic 50/410 Amp

Get the classic all-tube tone you've come to expect from this amp with an updated design. It features 3-band passive EQ and presence control.

"Very underrated amp!!" submitted August 23, 2013

By Milton D in South Texas, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing rock guitar for 25yrs in small clubs and at home.
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues, instrumental...
Overall: I just received this amp today and I am blown away! As I pulled it from the box the first impression was wow! Looks fantastic, simply beautiful. But how does it sound? I plugged her in and grabbed my humbucker strat. I turned it on, put all the tone dials to 12 o'clock and tried out the normal (clean) channel. Clear, deep, chimey, buttery... Very sweet tube tone on the front neck humbucker. Sounds like a Fender amp but with more "oomph"! On to the "Lead" channel. Turned up the gain a quarter way up and got some nice classic AC/DC type grit. Very classic Marshall type sound yet remained clean enough to chime out the chords. Turned it up half way and now the chunky tone started to really come through. Rich warm tube sounds, harmonics were starting to sing much more. Very ZZ Top like tone through the bridge humbucker. Switching to the front humbucker gave very smooth and singing lead sounds along the lines of Slash with his Sweet Child type tone. Very cool. Finally cranked up the gain all the way and she just sings! Love it! Very "British" like tones, very crunchy but smooth with just the right amount of sizzle and bite! Think Van Halen's "Feel Your Love", "Unchained" and "Drop Dead Legs"... I was thrilled! Makes you want to hook up a phase pedal and jam out to some old VH riffs! I'm very happy with this buy. I really can't believe this amp isn't more popular than it is! The price is great, the sound is top shelf and it even looks gorgeous! (My first tweed amp!) I compared this to Fender's Hot Rod Deluxe which I also think is a great amp and is in the same price range but the more I compared the two,the Peavey just kept catching my ear more. This was also my first time dealing with Zzounds.com and it turned out to be a complete pleasure. Couldn't have been easier! If you are thinking about this amp, BUY IT! If by some highly unlikely chance you don't like it, send it back! But I have a feeling that as I did, you WILL be keeping this amp. Way to go Peavey!

"Perfect Blues/Rock Amp" submitted January 23, 2013

By David S in Charlotte, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar since 1979, professionally since 1986.
Music Style: Blues and hard blues-based rock.
Overall: The Peavey Classic 50 212 is my favorite amp for playing blues and blues rock. Nothing comes close to the sound. Chimey cleans made gritty with increase in volume, overdriven lead channel... The EL84 tubes sound SOOO beautiful in this amp. Makes the distortion sound "screamy" and chimey at the same time. Hard to explain but beautiful to listen to... Go to the store, try out any amp that is supposed to be great for blues, then try this baby out. Decide for yourself! Enjoy.

"Classic Amp: Classoc Sound" submitted January 17, 2007

Music Style: Everything but pop country
Sound: Rich Classic Rock sound. Great for blues rock or even country if you are in to that sort of thing. Cranked up the tubes are warm and break up well. Even sounds great at a wisper. The distortion is not the highest gain out there, so all you metal heads out there would not like it. However sounds incredible with Od and distortion pedals. The clean tone is warm and crisp. Feature: Fisrt off the foot switch is not included, and the reverb is very lacking. This beibg said the amp has two inputs one normal and one bright. The addition of a presence control is a definite plus. Ease of Use: Simple and basic amps. Easy to dial in the tone you want on either channel in seconds. Quality: Hey it weighs a ton and is built like a tank. It has tube protectors and with adding casters it is easy to move and durable on the road. Value: You can't beat the price for a tube amp this clean and loud. With distortion or OD pedals tou can get any osund you want. Why spend three times as much on a Marshall or Messa that does not nearly have the tonal diversity of the Classic 50 Manufacturer Support: I have not jad to use support, but Peavey is legendary for their swift and courteous support. The Wow Factor: Simply gorgeous classic tweed package. Looks, feels, sounds the part of a classic rock monster. Overall: I have been searching for a tube amp that sounds like this and would not force me to hawk three quarters of my other equipment to pay for it for quite a while. With the addition of a few pedals I can get any sound out of the amp that I wish. I cannot say enough about the great blues and classic rock tone of the amp. With the warm and rich lead channel and the nprmal channel that with a little tweaking can go from twang to hendrix I think that I will keep this amp for as long as my fingers will still play.
51 of 54 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 154T-5SML. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976