When you call, mention priority code 12G2-SHC1

Rating and Reviews: Peavey Classic 30/112 Amp

With four EL84 power tubes and a 12-inch Blue Marvel speaker, the Peavey Classic 30/112 guitar amplifier delivers classic tone.

"Big Surprise From A Small Amp!" submitted August 22, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Funk, Rock, Acid Jazz & Techno
Sound: You can go from Blues to Hard Rock with this gem of an amp! It sounds much like a high end combo amp and I would say that it is very compatible to all styles of music. At a low gain setting you get those Blues sounds that you are familiar with that you hear on the radio or from your favorite records. Higher gain settings give you that hard Texas Blues all the way to those classic Old School Hard Rock songs. Feature: For features I must give it a 9 because it didn't come with a foot switch. Other than that it is a great amp and very easy to use. Ease of Use: I was able to dial in my desired sound within 10 minutes or so. Very simple and straight forward manual. Quality: From what I see this combo amp is very well made. I read some reviews before purchasing this amp regarding the tubes rattling. I believe Peavey fixed this problem because I some type of device holding the tubes together. I would say that this amp is road worthy but I would suggest that you spend a couple of bucks to secure it in a traveling case. Value: This amp could easily sell for hundreds more but Peavey for many years have been fair to the hard working blue collar musician. Manufacturer Support: None needed so far but Peavey has always been helpful in the past. The Wow Factor: Peavey did an excellent job with the tweed design on this amp. Overall: I am very satisfied with this amp because I love the tone and sound that it produces. If it was lost or stolen I would definitely buy another one!

"A great 30 Watt combo amp!" submitted June 25, 2007

By a customer from us.ibm.com
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: This is a great sounding amp on either the clean or gain channel. Feature: I love the effects loop. Ease of Use: Simple to use and understand. Quality: Solidly built, very good quality Value: I bought this amp a number of years ago fro about $300. What a bargin. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use support, it hasn't broke. The Wow Factor: The tweed look is awesome. Overall: Best amp I have owned. I plan to keep it a long time.

"Little screamer." submitted June 23, 2006

Overall
Music Style: Metal, Alternative, Hardcore/Punk.
Sound: Love the sound of this combo. The sound is huge compared to the size. It sounds awesome on both the clean and gain channels. The gain channel has tons of gain, loads of versatility (metal!!!) and tons of harmonic squeals at high gain levels, but can get a bit muddy with too much mid-range (more than around 2 o'clock.) Feature: Great constuction, quality tubes. everythings there. The reason for the mediocore ratinf, however, isn't because of problems, but because it's such a simple amp. (Not a complaint!) Ease of Use: Super easy to dial in a tone, and because it's relatively low-powered, easier to find sweet spots without making your ears bleed. (Hint: Gain channel, pre-9, post-5, tre-7, mid-4, bass-11, and optinal reverb will sound AMAZING!!) Quality: No complaints here. Good for road, except it could benefit from a tube guard, They're just hangin' there. Otherwise, everythings high quality. Value: This is a thousand dollar combo. If it was made by Marshall or Boogie it would easily be more than that. And i got it for like 500 bucks. Manufacturer Support: Only used it once. They were polite, helpful and fast. The Wow Factor: Love the tweed and the nameplate. Awesome size and wieght, too. Overall: The only reason i would replace this little guy would be if i needed more volume. It's 30 watts, so dont expect shattered glass, but the tone's there. Anything bigger than a large bar and you'll need 50 watts. But remember: 30 watts all-tube is like 75 watts solid state/modelling.

"Peavy Clasic 30 Amp" submitted February 13, 2012

By John Jarrell in Robertsdale, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing just under a year. Play with friends and teacher.
Music Style: Rock Blues Beatles Stones Seeger CCR etc.
Overall: The Classic 30 sounds and looks awesome. I don't believe anything else in this price range even comes close. Great sound for Rock, Blues and probably anythig else but maybe pure metal shred. Just guessing on that; I don't play it. But if your looking for clean warm and POWERFUL, don't hesitate. Zzounds is great to deal with and they make paying easy. If for some reason you aren't completely satisfied they will work with you to get what you really want. Gotta say though, I love this amp and so does everyone that hears it. Maybe best of all, it's made in the USA.

"Great, but with a little help" submitted February 22, 2009

Overall
Music Style: blues, rock and metal
Sound: This amp would get a 10 on it's sound, but it requires an after market fix to get it there. The tubes rattle like crazy when you hit a low A note. Bad enough that it can ruin the tubes. I did an internet search and for $25.00 bought "Tom's tube tamer." Problem solved and now it sounds great. Very expressive, lots of head room on the clean channel. I love the cleans and the dirty channel does Zepplin, AC/DC even Mettalica's Enter Sandman with no help, add an RP 250 and the sky's the limit. Feature: Once again, this would so easily be a 10 but Peavey just dropped the ball. Fortunatly the biggest one is another easy workaround. The foot switch that they sell seperatly is a plastic piece of junk, but the Vox VF 52 footswitch is a little metal tank and it works with the classic 30 (and the classic 50) I will never understand why they hooked up the second switch to the reverb instead of the boost, but oh well. The other controlls are awsome, all of the features listed on the website are tone shaping machines. Ease of Use: This is my first tube amp (kicking myself for screwing around with solid state for over a decade) and I can quickly dial in a wide range of sounds, every pot is very functional. Quality: I got this used, it is three years old and the guy I bought it from gigged heavily with it the whole time. He sold it because it kept destroying tubes from the rattle. With that problem fixed every things still works perfectly. Value: Even with the other $50.00 spent on the tube tamer and the vox switch this is a great deal. Real, full tube sound for $650 brand new, good luck beating that. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to call The Wow Factor: I started looking for a tube amp because of the sterility of solid states. This does it very well, it is plenty loud for small gigs but it is not such a monster that I can't play it in my shop with out the neighbors or wife complaining. Overall: This amp could so easily be a 10. How many tube amps sound great, are affordable for a hobbyist, weigh under 40 pounds and can servive years of gigging? But the stupid little details that are so easy to fix or work around hold it back. Still a great value if you are willing to do the little bit of extra that Peavey wasn't willing to.

"Peavey Classic 30 combo amp." submitted September 10, 2007

Music Style: Country, Rock, Metal
Sound: Overall, the sound is quite good in the Peavey Classic 30. The lows are little muddy and the highs are a little harsh, but with some tweaking the shortcomings can be brought to a point of listening enjoyment. The harsh highs actually are a complement to the Telecaster I play. The muddy lows are easily adjusted with the eq controls. I use a boss overdrive and a metal zone pedal for effects. The distotion on the lead channel is a little lacking, the pre and post gains need to be up above 6 ro 7 for a good sound, and with out a master volume, the tubes cannot be pre-saturated for break-up at low volumes. Feature: There are not many features on the amp. Where is the stand-by switch??? Two channels and a boost switch, which is really no more than a 6db boost to the already harsh high frequency. Don't get me wrong, this is a great little amp. With a tube change ( I'm running an EH 12AX7 on V1, a Sovtek 12AX7LPS on V2, and the stock tube on V3. I haven't upgraded the EL84's) the top end smooths out and the bottom end has more umpf. With the pedals I use, the amp puts out nice sound and can even achieve a decent metal sound. (For all out metal buy the 5150) Ease of Use: Come on, turn the dials and go. Adjust on the fly until you find your sound. Quality: I've been inside the amp. It looks good and seems well built. A tube shield would be nice. Value: For the money, I don't think you can find a better, more well built and musical all tube amp. I think the amp would still be a good value at $650.00USD plus. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with customer support other than getting a schematic so I can instal a stand-by switch. The Wow Factor: I have a tweed version and this is one good looking amp. With chrome shining, its ashame the control panel doesn't wrap around the front. I had to go out and buy tweed covered cables to match. Overall: This is a very good product. I intend to make a couple of modifications to the amp to better suit my tastes. Just a tweak here and there, stand-by switch, master volume, speaker change. Even with a $150 or $200 investment this will be a value. (Especially if you have exactly what you want when you are done.)

Peavey Classic 30/112 Amp Customer Review submitted July 23, 2009

Overall
Sound: This is a great little amp. It's not too powerful, but yet loud enough for most small gigs, and you can of course mic it if you need to. It's just enough. It is very responsive in my opinion. I had it stolen from me, but Peavey Tube amps rock. I've not got a Peavey 120 Watt amp that is the Twin Reverb type amp, and it sounds great, especially when on the clean channel and using a distortion pedal that is all analog. Try it on this amp and you'll love it too.. This way you don't have to crank it, but if you do, you'll love the creamy warm sustain and smooth sound. It's just great.. Feature: This is more a blues, country and classic rock amp. If you want to use it for metal, use the clean channel and get a Boss Metal Pedal or something similiar. However, I used a tech 21 pedal with it and it sounded wonderful..

When you call, mention priority code 12G2-SHC1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976