When you call, mention priority code 171X-7K33

Rating and Reviews: Pearl P-3002D Demon Drive

Ninja bearings, direct-drive design, and unparalleled adjustability meet in one set of pedals for accurate, smooth and versatile playability.

"wow..." submitted May 18, 2011

Overall
Music Style: metal, rock, fusion, funk
Sound: This thing is utterly silent... thus a perfect 10 in sound! Feature: This pedal is the most adjustable pedal on the market; the only thing they could have done better is include the wood beaters as well which retail separately for around $50 apiece. Ease of Use: I took this right out of the box, and hooked it up to my electronic drum set in my apartment. The factory settings were perfect; I could instantly and effortlessly play any double bass pattern I'd ever tried before; having been an Iron Cobra Flexi-Glide player for years I was scared of the transition, but it was seamless. This pedal feels amazing. Quality: This pedal is perfect, quality-wise. I would expect no less out of a $650 investment, though, and I think Pearl knows that so they really deliver. One thing though that really sets this apart from most other double pedals on the market is that you can take it and with some minor adjustments, turn it into two separate single pedals for if and when you switch between one and two bass drums. The DW and Tama competitors do not allow this; they force you to buy additional pedals, meaning even though this is slightly more expensive, it could actually be cheaper in the long run. Value: Again, 8/10 on the value because I had to buy the wood beaters separately, whereas Tama has the foresight to include wood AND rubber beaters with their Iron Cobras. Manufacturer Support: I give this a 10/10 on support because though I've only had it for a month, I don't EVER expect to have to contact anybody for any help with this pedal. Pearl = quality, and this pedal is built to last. The Wow Factor: This thing is sexy as hell... sleek silver and orange finish, and it says "Demon" on it, which just looks awesome. Overall: I don't see having to replace this any time in the foreseeable future. I may if some significant new jump in pedal technology comes out, but this thing is just too versatile to ever fail anyone.

"Worth the price and no better choice for anyone who wants a new pedal. I will never go back to a chain driven pedal." submitted November 14, 2011

By a customer from somc.org
Musical Background: Drummer for Entomb The Prophet, 4 years of experience
Music Style: Metalcore
Sound: This pedal is a great investment for any drummer. I was a little unsure about buying 600+ dollar pedal. Once you play it, you immediately feel and hear a difference. Your bass drum gets more volume and you feel a smooth action all the way to the kick drum. I did'nt ajdust any tension, just left it the way it was OOB. Feature: I think the most useful aspect is the ability to change the length of the footboard. Makes the pedal more versatile. Ease of Use: If you have previous experience with double bass you will find this pedal to make it easier to carry solid rythms. Quality: It's really sturdy and put together really well, no wobbling or squeaking. Value: I believe this pedal is worth the price. You get a nice case, key, and the pedal is amazing. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt Pearl before. No issues. The Wow Factor: The looks are very different from what I normally see in a double bass pedal. Asthetically, it looks better than the others. Overall: This pedal will last me for several years. I like the feel and will surely keep it as long as I possibly can. If this item were stolen I would try to obtain it again for sure.

"Buy this pedal." submitted January 1, 2010

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Music Style: Jazz Fusion
Sound: I bought my last double bass pedal in the early 90's. I had a love hate relationship with the thing. It was the top of the line DW back then and paid about $400 for it. It felt like a nice primary and a crappy slave pedal. I finally ended up taking the slave pedal off and gave up on the double bass idea. I then stopped playing heavy metal and started playing jazz and gave up on the idea of double bass pedal. Then starting a few months ago a friend of mine got me interested in playing double bass again. I searched the internet for the fastest pedal I could find. Came up with Axis and the Demon. I went to the local music store and all they had were the Demons. (*I have not used the Axis pedals), After playing with it, I was sold. I plunked down a lot of coin for it LOL. I opened the box and the pedal was in a nice case and packaged very carefully. Very heavy and very well constructed. It took me about an hour of adjusting it to get it just right. Ever notice that sometimes you want to tune the head a little tighter to get more speed, but then the sound suffers a bit? Not with this pedal, it did not matter, I got the sound and speed I wanted. I got on the pedals and played like I was a pro. Hardly ANY effort what-so-ever to play fast. The slave pedal felt as if it was on it's own bass drum. My feet did not move or slide around on the pedals. The slave pedal stayed where is was placed. Then I started playing on my high hat and took my foot off of the slave pedal. I looked down for some reason and and saw the slave beater rocking back and forth. I just watched it, as it rocked back and forth for a long time. There is hardly any friction in this pedal. Feature: The case is a very big plus. The pedal has so many ways to adjust it. I have not tried the long board option with them as of yet. Why? I am just too happy with the current settings. You can really dial in a perfect setting for the slave pedal. I use half the effort to play now. Triplets with just the right foot are faster and easier to play for an extended period of time. And when I say faster, I am truly blown away with my right foot's speed with this pedal. Ease of Use: I tune it a bit and it gets faster and faster. Quality: Very well constructed. Top notch quality. Value: I am happy and glad I bought this. Manufacturer Support: No problems, thus nothing to add here. The Wow Factor: The pedal looks great, but playing it makes it look even better. Overall: Pearl has outdone themselves.

"Look, if your a drummer and speed is a factor in your style of playing (typically) death metal but any other style this pedal is" submitted August 24, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Metal, death metal, grindcore, and some jazz!!
Sound: Its an awesome pedal, thats all i can say haha.. It puts the axis pedal to shame. Now if only zzounds woukd quit being stubborn and finally order the Z3 zildjian cymbal pack ill be set !! Feature: Yea one thing thats cool about the pedal is it comes with another drum key but it can be kept on the pedal as you play so you never lose it, i thought that to be a useful and cool feature!! Ease of Use: Very easy set up. Works great with factory settings, pulled it out the box and assembled it and hooked up my kit and i was playing in no time. When they say heavnly but wicked feel they dont lie. Great double pedal. Quality: Amazing Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: Nope its amazing like i said well built good craftsmanship, its beefy yet very light. This pedal is the true ideal pedal for the average death metal drummer !! The Wow Factor: The orange color on it is pretty sweet and it is branded on the pedal "Demon" on the foot borad which is pretty sick feature also.. Overall: I love everything about this pedal, no complaints here about anything !! Arrived on my porch on time and in mint condition!!

"Pearl Demon Drive Dbl. Bass Pedal" submitted February 8, 2012

By Clay M in St. Louis, MO
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ yeras experience playing drums.
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Classic Rock, Pop/Top 40
Overall: I have owned double bass pedals from EVERY major drum company up to and including the Taye 'Metal-Works' pedal and I have to say the Pearl Demon Drive is hands down my favorite pedal of all. The pedal's 'Long Board' feature is what sold me on the unit. Everything is good on this pedal and it has helped enhance my playing. I just bought another set of these for my gigging kit because zZounds gave me a GREAT deal on the price.

"YOU CAN REALLY HAVE THE BEST!" submitted December 10, 2009

Overall
Music Style: from folk rock to metal
Sound: THIS IS THE SMOOTEST, FASTEST PEDAL I'VE EVER TRIED. I TRIED THE AXIS, BUT IF AS A SINGLE IT'S REALLY FAST, AS A DOUBLE NOT SO.. PEARL IS SUPER-CUSTOMIZABLE, LEFT FOOT WORKS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER RIGHT SINGLE PEDAL YOU CAN FIND AROUND AND SO IT SEEMS TO PLAY ON A 2 SINGLES PEDALS, BUT IF YOU LIKE YOO CAN CONVERT YOUR DOUBLE IN 2 SINGLES TOO. Feature: A NICE CASE, WITH ALL THE THINGS ON THE RIGHT, SAFE PLACE. ALL YOU NEED TO CONVERT AND TO PLAY IT INCLUDED. OIL TO LUBRIFICATE THE BEARINGS INCLUDED TOO. Ease of Use: AS A PARADOX IT'S HARD TO HAVE A POWERFUL BEAT BECAUSE IT'S SO FAST THAT IT SEEMS A ONE-THING WITH THE FEET, AND YOUR FEET CAN'T FEEL IT UNDER THEM, SO YOU HAVE TO WORK A LITTLE BIT TO HAVE A BEAT YOU CAN CALL SO, BUT AFTER SOME EXERCICES YOUR FEET WILL FLY AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND THAT DEMON DRIVE IS THE REALLY BEST PEDAL YOU CAN BUY. Quality: SOLID, FAST, WELL BUILT, A TOP, A MUST-TO-HAVE Value: THIS ONE COST A LITTLE BIT, BUT DIFFICULTLY YOU WILL THINK YOU HAVE THROWED AWAY YOUR MONEY. The Wow Factor: SUPERCOOL, ALL THE DRUMMER THAT SAW THIS PEDAL WANT A PEDAL THAT LOOKS LIKE SO! Overall: I THIED IRON COBRA, ELIMINATOR, DRAGONFLY AND 5000, NO ONE CAN BE AS FAST AS THIS.
10 of 22 people (45.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 171X-7K33. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976