When you call, mention priority code 15ZT-HGHX

Rating and Reviews: PRS S2 Custom 24

Meet the workhorse PRS guitar. With its custom-wound pickups, S2 tremolo, and comfortable Pattern Regular neck profile, the PRS S2 Custom 24 is ready to gig.

"nice guitar" submitted January 29, 2014

By j Co in moline, IL
Musical Background: Play with friends and at home
Music Style: blues, metal, anything upbeat
Overall: I am pleased with the looks and quality of craftsmanship of this guitar, the fretboard is nice and wide with a nice slick feel to it, and the resonance of the guitar as a whole is just phoenominal. I understand where they were coming from with the pickups but they don't specialize in any sound, kind of like a Jack of all trades that isn't great at any of them. I am swapping pick-ups and I will have a very nice guitar. I had a problem with the tone knob, it would only adjust from 1-3 and the rest of the knob did nothing....I told zzounds and they were willing to swap guitars with me with shipping on their dime, which was nice, but I like the neck too much so I called PRS and they are sending me a new tone pot. So manufacturer support and zzounds are both excellent.

"PRS S2 Custom 24 from Zzounds!" submitted April 16, 2014

By Jeff H in Port Charlotte, FL
Musical Background: full time professional musician. 40+ years
Music Style: Many styles.
Overall: I have owned numerous guitars and included was an American made PRS years ago. Prior to this recent purchase of the S2, I purchased the new PRS SE about a year ago. I really wasn't expecting there to be that much difference between the two, but in terms of playability and sound - there is a huge difference!! The S2 is far superior!! Love Zzounds and their sales staff though there was one snag in the purchase... I asked if it came with a bag case (which I thought it did) but the salesperson didn't think so, so I purchased a mono case. When it shipped it came in a decent bag case and the mono case (which is outstanding) came in a separate box. No big deal as I would have wanted a better case for this guitar anyway.

"My PRS S2" submitted April 1, 2014

By Don W in Lakewood, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitars for 40 years,not a rock star,but I do it for a living.
Music Style: Rock,hard rock,blues.
Overall: I happen to own a couple other PRS guitars that cost twice what this one cost,and i wasn't sure what to expect.I have to say I'm very pleased with this S2,may not have the high dollar wood and high dollar finish,but everything on this guitar is still top notch.Anyone would be very happy with this model of PRS.In this price range,you won't find anything better,it plays and feels like it cost a lot more.The finish is gorgeous also. You will be very satisfied with your purchase.

"WOW! S2 Custom 24...." submitted September 27, 2014

By Richard Felton in Baytown, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 25+ years with tons of gigging the first 10.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, (Real) Country, (Real) R&B.
Overall: i was a bit nervous buying sight unseen. I ordered the S2 24 custom in antique white, and when it got here (within 3 days of ordering . ZZOUNDS ROCKS!) I had to set it up a little and loosen the neck as it was a bit too tight. Traveling over state lines and just texas alone, the climate change will get to it. so anyways. I set the neck and lowered the saddles a little and this thing is a monster. It has a neck similar to gibson 50s style neck, a little chunky but with some width. The locking tuners and the vibrato system work wonders.... i have had it for 3 days now and only tuned it once. Tone wise the pickups remind me of a low output 57 but with a little more stink to it. It has that growl. You get some really cool tones. This thing loves volume and distortion. It works really well with all my effects. So far my only complaint is that it needs a satin neck. and i've never been a fan of uncovered humbuckers.

"Great guitar and great service" submitted June 17, 2014

By Danny L in Bonham, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing since the early '60s with all types of guitar/amplifier combinations. I have played full and part-time.
Music Style: These days, it seems like I am playing a lot more classic rock (60-70s) and modern country (Jason Aldean styles). Really enjoy m
Overall: This PRS is what I hoped it would be...great action and such tone with clarity! Did not expect that but a welcome surprise on the clarity. Only took just a little adjustment to get it to my preference. I like a really light action but the action as it came was very playable right out of the box. Beautiful finish and have not found any flaws in the finish. The only complaint would be the loss in volume when splitting the coils. But now I have turned it to my advantage by utilizing the volume difference to enhance my leads and drop back when playing rhythm. Guitar arrived when expected and was double-package which was great.

"As honest as I can be" submitted December 23, 2013

By Adrian P in Fresno (and Austin TX), CA
Overall
Musical Background: 15 years playing rock/blues in studio and on the small stage
Music Style: rock, acoustic rock, folk, blues and alt.
Sound: This should be the MAIN reason MOST people buy a guitar. SOUND...or TONE. I understand if you are a beginner or simply an old front-porch-picker and any guitar will do so long as you get your groove on. but if it matters to you, for your own personal reasons, then here's my best shot at laying it out. Pros: It does blues, rock and alt very very well. when playing rhythm, it gives really decent single-note articulation - especially going clean through the front of a *tube amp. Since a guitar should sit in the mid range very well in general, this does that in spades. It doesnt sounds as FAT or warm as a Les Paul Traditional/Studio (depending on PUPS) but pretty close. It has just enough brightness and sparkle to do any country player proud. but not enough that you cant get away from it for more mid/low end to shine through. CONS: however, depending on your amp - espcially high gain like a marshall - diming (putting all the way up) the volume and tone on the guitar and pushing the amp to about 7 and up...things get a little muddy in regard to the pick ups. with that said, unless you have a worked out what pedals and amp you want to run (or do a PUP swap)...i wouldnt reccomend it for metal. you may find it lacking for some parts. WHY? because many metal players "scoop" their mids - which means they take the mid range out and let the tone rest on either side. so, without knowing ahead of time and being a little in-the-know with your rig about what pedals youre going to run to find your "TONE"...you may be a bit frustrated. I personally dont play metal, though many do. its almost as though, if you dont play blues or metal these days..."it aint music". (which i dont think that). I plan to dump these Korean PUPs (sorry PRS, im just not buying the song and dance about how you resigned them from the ground up to be for the S2 line. they still arent American made..and QC just isnt the same AND for the price point of this guitar...the PUPs miss the mark for me in tone. though not by much.) Im going to drop the Core Line Custom 24 HFS PUPS in. Feature: They stayed smart and used some key components from the Core line in the S2. i cant tell a difference in the Locking Tuners from the actual Phase II ones. without those tuners, the trem system would be frustrating in terms of tuning issues (like with the SE models). It would have been nice to get core line Trem. The wiring and tone pots/knobs do set this model apart from others in its price range. dont be afraid to open the back of your guitar and take a peek. its good to know what good wiring looks like. I can see this being a SOLID work horse. Given my last rant about the sound, I was impressed with the PUPS in single coil position (coil tapped/split). its a great feature on the guitar. I actually prefer the coil tap with a three way switch, only because when im playing live...its SO much easier to get the blend I want through 3 positions...than with a 5 position switch. I almost ALWAYS over shoot the position, or miss it by one click and have to go back to the switch after a strum or two. also, the strap pegs. at last, i dont have to buy locking strap pegs. stock...these are completely usable live. the end has a very wide stopping end. in fact, i had to unscrew the peg, slide the strap end in the bottom...then screw it back on. the strap couldnt fit over the peg, like, not even close - which is a good thing. Ease of Use: a coil tap, with a three way blade. I love it. And having ONE volume and ONE tone knob makes this guitar really really easy to dial something in. dont be fooled by the set up of it either. it doesnt take away from the tonal controls you have with say, a Les Paul type, 4 knob set up. Quality: for the most part, a well made guitar. though, my model did come with some QC issues. im in the process of getting them taken care of, once PRS gets my warranty registration card. *they do things old school, you cant register online...all done by mail. My tone knobs are all wrong. my volume is very very stiff...and the tone knob (in both positions of being coil tapped or full humbucker) rolls way too loose. talking incredibly loose and moves position too easily. also, the person that lined up the maple Cap on the guitar didnt do the best job. the lines look offset and dont look like a very good bookmatch. Value: this - i think...is tough to gauge. while i understand the company has to profit, I would have liked to see them put a little more quality in the Pick ups and at least offer a hardshell case. In terms of what you get...PRS should offer a hardshell case at the very least. I could have EASILY spent the same amount of money and gotten a comparable gutiar in terms of tone and comfort, tonal range and appeal...and gotten a hardshell case and few extras, like you would with say...gibson. Manufacturer Support: Im pretty sure PRS will help me out with my knob issue. even though i listed the look of the maple cap...i can live with it. its not a big deal. The Wow Factor: out of the box, to me, it wasnt visually stunning. I have mine in BLK/GRY. the carve they have on the top takes away from the looks dept and this guitar looks like an SE with an american PRS logo headstock. in fact..the SE's have a little more appeal on the shape of the body, i think. in all, with ANY guitar, play it for yourself and dont take any one person's word as being something final. EVERY guitar is different, as is every player. Overall: To start, i have owned and played a few guitars over the years in this price range, below it and just a hair above it; and compare them all to eachother all the time. With that said, there is not really ONE defining guitar. It depends on what preference in tone you want from the guitar. I dont think its fair to most people - especially for new gutiars like this one - to say "it sounds awesome" or "plays like a dream". too subjective. ill try my best to tell you what I liked about it, what I didnt like and what I think it does well. not sure how much space i have to type, so I might have to shorten some stuff up.
20 of 23 people (86.96%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazing guitar" submitted February 16, 2014

By Jeff P in Toms River, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Singer songwriter, rock guitarist for 27 years.
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal.
Overall: I've waited for years for PRS to make an affordable, USA-made guitar, and the wait was worth it. Solid construction, terrific attention to detail, beautiful finish, and plays great. Two things really worth noting: this guitar holds its tuning better than any I've owned (and I've owned a lot), and it's the first dual humbucker guitar I've ever owned where the middle position is actually useful! I love this thing.

"PRS S2 Custom 24" submitted February 13, 2014

By jim g in shamong, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I am a life long musician playing in bands since the age of 13. I play drums, Alto sax and guitar
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Christian
Overall: Really glad I bought this guitar. There were many in the running in this price range. I just don't have the dough to get the PRS I really wanted. However I love this guitar and can't put it down . Set up out of the box was good and sounds really nice. I prefer the sound over the Sg I was going to buy and playability is soooo good.

"Amazing guitar. " submitted October 1, 2014

By Ryan M in Indianapolis, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 14 years. I play out in 2 bands.
Music Style: Rock metal numetal Blues
Overall: this thing is great. Out the box it was an almost perfect setup. I tuned it plugged it in and it rocked. The locking tuners are amazing. Beautiful finish. I couldn't ask for a better guitar. Compared to the les paul at this range it will make you lose any love for gibson.

"Love It !!!!!!!!" submitted September 25, 2014

By Kyle N in Erie, PA
Musical Background: 2 years seriously playing
Music Style: Rock Metal Blues
Overall: This is my 1st PRS and I'm now a PRS man. I just got back into guitar about 2 years ago. Over this time I've bought 10 guitars including this one. I'll list them so you know what I'm comparing this PRS to. Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/EMG Epiphone Spaceman Les Paul with 498's 2 gibson Les Paul Studios both w/490's Gibson Les Paul Signature T w/ Classic 57's 1982 gibson Les Paul pre studio studio w/Shaw's 2 Gibson SG's both 490's ESP/LTD Vampire bio tech w/active EMG's I'm sorry if this is long but I wanted to express how I tried many guitars to find what I feel is the perfect guitar. Up until I got this PRS my 2014 Les Paul Studio was my favorite. Good feel, looks, Tone and killer sustain. The PRS S2 Custom blows every guitar I listed away. It is a tone machine and plays like a dream. This guitar has made me a better player, because I play constantly now. If your looking for a guitar with that look! that Sound! And That feel!!!!!!!! Buy the PRS S2. Oh I forgot about an EVH wolfgang special. PRS killed it.

"PRS S2 Custom 24" submitted February 18, 2014

By Carmen L in Clearwater, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I've only been playing for two years, I only Play Guitar at the moment.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Country
Overall: When I received this guitar I was shocked at how beautiful it was, the gig bag is awsome also, but when I plugged it in thats when I was really amazed. The sound and tones are awsome. One of the best guitars I own, I am so happy I added it to my collection.

"Amazing PRS inovation!" submitted November 29, 2013

By Shane H in Denver, DE
Musical Background: I play professionally
Music Style: I have many guitars, Gibsons, Fenders, Rickenbackers, Gretsches but I am really impressed with PRS. The guitar came ready to pl
Overall: I got this guitar almost a month ago in McCarty tobacco burst and I just love it! This is one beauty of a guitar. Everything about this guitar screams PRS quality, tone playability not to mention beauty! Ready to go right out of the box, You can't go wrong with this guitar.

"PRS Custom 24 Tobacco Sunburst" submitted May 3, 2014

By Phillip Sims in Fort Payne , AL
Musical Background: BEEN A GUITARIST FOR 50 YEARS
Music Style: Rock , Blues , Country , Grunge , Funk , and Gospel
Overall: perfect!!!!!! awesome guitar

"Gibson Les Paul Signature T a fantastic Gibson!!!" submitted December 10, 2013

By Giorgio B in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for more than 20 years.
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Blues.
Overall: This is my third Les Paul I have a Traditional a Standard and now this one. I have to say I'm very happy with this guitar. The guitar is simply beautiful. The top is a a great AA maple top. Right out of the box the neck was straight the intonation perfect. The neck is awesome and the fret job is flawless. The 57 Classic pickups provide fantastic tone. I definitely recommend this guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZT-HGHX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976