When you call, mention priority code 1ZN-XP37

Rating and Reviews: PRS Archon 25/13 Watt Amp

Dial in sizzling high-gain and clean tones from this all-tube combo. Perform live with the full 25 watts, or switch to a lower 13-watt output for the studio.

"Great Service from PRS" submitted April 10, 2016

By Scott Dooling in Parachute, CO
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years-jam at home and with a band-own several Gibson Les Pauls.
Music Style: Prefer metal, 80's hair bands, alternative rock and blues but will play anything that is called for.
Overall: I received my amp quickly-thanks zZounds, great service as always-and when I played it on the clean channel you could hear distortion underlying the clean signal. I opened up the back and did not see any obvious problems with the tubes. I called PRS Customer service and talked to Matt. We discussed the problem and he didn't think it was a tube either. He told me to send it to them and they would check it out-he sent me Fed Ex label and I shipped it to Maryland. They fixed it within a week (bad tube socket) and shipped it back to. I really wasn't expecting see my amp for about 4-6 weeks but the whole process only took about 12 days (3 days to ship one way) The guys at PRS provided excellent customer service and really took care of me. A grateful thanks to Matt and the whole team at PRS-you guys rock!The amp has a very nice creamy gain to it (can jam anything from blues to hi gain metal stuff) and the clean channel (thanks to PRS) is crystal clear and has a sweet clean, sparkling signal-over all a great amp and will even sound better after a get some hours on it to break in the speaker. Both 25 watt and 13 watt mode a very usable and they both have massive volume for a low watt amp. The EQ is (each channel has bass, mids and treble) responsive and getting the tone you want can be dialed in easily. I really like having a Master volume for both channels (not common for a low wattage amp ) so you can get your sound and crank it where you want it-you also have a Presence and Depth control to adjust you overall tone even further. I have an Eganater Tourmaster 4212 and a 50 watt Fender Machete (which is Fender's version of a metal amp-great amp) and the Archon can hold its own with each-massive gain and volume in a small package. It weighs in at 37 pounds I believe, which means you carry it with one hand-the main reason I bought it but am very impressed with what this little amp can do-I wasn't expecting it the be something you can gig with in a small to medium venue, I had purchased it mainly for practice (light and easy to carry around) but I will not have any reservations about gigging with it. Great product from PRS and excellent service-I highly recommend it. Thanks to zZounds also for offering easy payment plans and providing great service as always.

"Great amp" submitted January 3, 2016

By Michael S in Olympia, WA
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years playing been in local bands.
Music Style: Metal punk blues
Sound: Excellent dynamic expressive soulful lively Feature: Top notch construction looks well built I'm not and expert on the amps components but exterior visual inspection no glaring flaws on fit or finish. She looks great Ease of Use: Super easy all controls intuitive simple knobs no headaches. Lots of sound shaping with just amp tone controls and guitar volume tone knobs Quality: Well made great appearance. Looks built to last. Nice and compact easy to transport. Value: Yes, well priced Manufacturer Support: I dealt with prs before on another purchase no worries The Wow Factor: It brings out the best in me musically. Put a smile on my face Overall: Try this amp out at local music store. Played a prs s2 custom 24 though it. Amazing tones! Beautiful cleans breathy warm and sparkly not harsh or shrill at all. Big full balanced tone, very touch sensitive and dynamic. Volume rollback on guitar works great to control dynamics on sound. Lead channel glorious! Screams and sings for days. Thick lush overdrive with excellent midrange bite. Tight lows sweet singing highs. Roll back volume knob juicy dynamic playful touch sensitive crunch. Will definitely be buying this amp and guitar combo soon

When you call, mention priority code 1ZN-XP37. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976