When you call, mention priority code 176H-ZHBB

Rating and Reviews: Orange TH30H Guitar Amp

Colorful, harmonic-rich tube tone is yours with the Orange TH30H. With adjustable 7/15/30-watt output, this two-channel head shines in the studio!

"Stoner Metal Head Of Doom!" submitted January 11, 2011

By a customer from skattabrain.com
Musical Background: Active Musician, Hobbyist
Music Style: Metal... Doom and Stoner especially
Sound: I'm in love with this thing... I was sold on Tiny Terror, then I saw this. Into all sorts of styles but I wanted a decent stoner metal sound. This does it! Gain on tap and plenty to spare... if you think Orange is 70's sound rock amp company... well... they kinda are... but this captures that sound with modern gain. Clean channel is sweet and warm and thinking of getting a decent distortion pedal for more dirt sounds... I usually stick to the amps dirty channel for my gain and not a distortion pedal, but the clean channel is so sweet. Dirty channel... pure metal awesomess... you can dial it back for a more rock tone, but turn that gain knob and this thing turns into a beast. High on Fire, Mastodon... not a problem. Feature: I was a but nervous of having to dial in eq with 1 knob... but after playing the Tiny Terror, I realized you don't need it! So on my TH30 it's no different, no matter where the dial is... it sounds great. Does the scooped eq, but I back that off a bit to get more punch out of it. Power Switching - Before I bought this, I was set on getting a low watt amp so I could save my hearing while getting "that" sound... so I was pleased that this thing sounds great at 7, 15, and 30 watts. 30 watts is plenty... I was relieved... even if you play metal with a loud drummer. I can know play with a drummer and have my amp red lining and not set off car alarms. :) Loses points on the FX loop - I think all effects loops should be switchable and standard issue! Not so here, which is a shame because it's a bit noisy... will have to get shorter cables I guess. Ease of Use: Close your eyes and with the volume off turn the shape dial, no matter where it sits, it's sounds great. Quality: Seems solid enough, but I'm timid to give an 8 because my first one arrived damage from shipment, zzounds cleared that up quick... new one seems solid... we'll see. These are made in China btw... in case you missed that! Value: At the price, I would expect a better effects loop. Otherwise, good value. Manufacturer Support: Called orange a few weeks ago with questions regarding FX loop, they were quick to help. So far so good. The Wow Factor: TH30 = Stoner Metal Heaven... price point so it's attainable as a second amp... had to have it! Overall: I think it's great, maybe someday I'll sell my Peavey JSX and my new TH30 to fund an Orange Thunderverb.

"Orange Th30 head, juicy!" submitted October 20, 2011

Overall
Music Style: originals and classic rock
Sound: Great sounding amp. Allows for many tonal variations at many volumes. Great for small gigs (7, 15 watts)to larger gigs with the available 30 watts. Clean channel is nice although not as clean as a Fender. The footswitch (not included, but really should be), changes channels smoothly with no noise or delay. Amp responds nicely to volume control on my guitar (Stratocaster). Feature: Doesn't include a footswitch and for the money it really should. Reverb would be nice too. The shape control on the dirty channel is great. You can go from classic rock to heavy metal and all points in between. Nice. Ease of Use: There is a bit of a learning curve on the shape control as the instructions are rather vague. Didn't include a real manual, just a generic multinational manual with 2 pages in English. Orange should do better than that. Quality: Seems well made. No cosmetic issues out of the box. Plugged it in turned it on and started rocking. Plan to take it on the road, but need to buy a cover to keep it clean. Value: Price a bit high for a 30 watt amp made in the PRC. Including a footswitch would help with the value. But I did buy it so I was willing to pay the price. Manufacturer Support: Requested a real manual a few weeks ago, haven't heard back nor received it. Hmm Wonder how they respond if something is really wrong. The Wow Factor: It is very cool looking and distinctive. Overall: I would replace it if lost or stolen with the same amp. It does meet my musical goals. Have tried many amps over the years. Used to have a 1972 Orange stack, which regretfully I had to sell years ago.

"Orange TH30--try the rest, but buy the best!!" submitted November 1, 2011

Musical Background: Professional
Sound: I have tried over 9 name brand high end tube amps and all failed in the same area--NO SUSTAIN. I actually have to back the gain off a little on this little monster. Best amp I have ever owned, and this is coming from a former Marshall, Engl, Krank, Egnater, & Mesa owner. Feature: 2 Channel switchable head with an FX loop. Simple eq on the front makes dialing in my sound a snap. Ease of Use: You can tell just by plugging in that the head is built really well. The inputs on the front and rear are heavy duty, you will know when you plug in to it the first time. No manual needed, straight forward plug and play, killer sounds too easy. Quality: Plug into the head and you will hear a clear and distinct connect snap sound... you know its a pro head. Value: Could use a bit of a price break now that all the new boutique amps are coming out like the Mesa Mini Rectifier Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: It could use a choice of colors on the tolex, everyone will still know its an Orange amp, just dull orange colors almost made me pass on it. Overall: Killer sound, ease of use, lightweight, but ugly color. Thank God it sounds as good as it does, helps me over look the ugly color of the amp.

"my new best friend" submitted August 16, 2012

By Bill M in Kenai, AK
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing professionally for 43 years, mostly on guitar and bass.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Reggae, Funk, Classical, Jazz, Musical Theater, Pop etc.
Overall: This amp can do anything, very simple, two channels. I have used this amp for everything from clean to NASTY! The clean channel is the best I've ever played through, other amps brag about the grind that their clean channel gets when driven hard, they mostly sound crappy when pushed into overdrive range. Not this amp, it sounds wonderful, it delivers what other amps only promise. The dirty channel has such a wide range of tones, you can use this amp for anything. My Th30 failed at 81 days after purchase. It was covered under warranty including tubes. I live in rural Alaska, there are no Orange dealers or repair shops within 1000 miles. The folks at Orange tested and authorized my local tech to perform my warranty repairs saving me the expense of shipping the amp to the lower 48 for repair. They went way beyond the call of duty to help me. Very impressive customer service. By the way, the amp failure was a bad preamp tube, the amp had nothing wrong beyond the faulty tube. This is a great amp, I recommend it for anybody needing a versatile, two channel amp. This amp IS my new best friend.

"Crank the Clean Channel" submitted June 23, 2013

By Joshua M in Wetumpka, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I've played for almost 2 years now and I am a hobbyist.
Music Style: rock and blues
Overall: Lots of clean headroom and vintage sounds on the clean channel. Thrash metal and modern on the dirt side. Amazing tones and build quality. It's a make your settings and forget it amp. Make sure you buy a footswitch for the OD but you can get a lot of tones just from the clean channel. It really does have good clean headroom but it also dirties up nicely. I never knew a guitar amp could growl and bark either. I bought the 1x12 cabinet with a vintage 30 in it and I recommend that cabinet to this amp. I look forward to trying other speakers and tubes.

"Orange TH30" submitted July 5, 2014

By James C in Hampton Bays, NY
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, metal
Overall: This review is geared twords the hobbyist and bedroom rockers. I bought this amp blind like the rest of my gear. I get my info from YouTube and online reviews. I have bought and sold a few amps but am keeping this one. For my needs this amp fits the bill. First off the wattage. 30 is plenty and being able to drop down to 15 and 7 watts is great. Not so much for volume sake but for different tones. Tone wise the clean channel is very nice for my needs. Its not some crappy clean. Its a clean that you will be happy play on and run a pedal through if you need to. I use a Big Muff through it sometimes and it sounds great. The Dirty channel with the shape feature is awesome. Yes you really can go from classic rock to metallica on it. A lot of amps say they can but this one does it no problem. Need more insane gain? EVH would fit your needs. If you play at home you would defiantly want an attenuator to reign in the 30 watts. Two minor negatives. Price. A couple hundred too high for a Chinese made amp and no foot switch. All in all it does what I need perfectly.

"Where have you been all my life!!!" submitted August 5, 2014

By Scott V in Baltimore, MD
Musical Background: Professionally
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Blues, Funk
Overall: If you like an organic sounding amp, BUY IT!!, If you like quality equipment, BUY IT!! I read a lot of reviews on this amp before buying it and watched videos and a lot of users were saying "it's a metal amp" so I went to a local music store to see for myself, well yes the amp can do metal tones, BUT, dial it back and you'll find yourself in classic rock heaven, not to mention the clean channel is AMAZING as well. With all that said, if you need or want a great versatile amp BUY IT, you won't regret it...

"Completely versatile with AWESOME Tone!" submitted February 1, 2011

Music Style: Rock and Alternative
Sound: This amp is really versatile. The clean channel is really nice and harmonically rich. There is alot of headroom on this channel but you can push it into break up if you want. I use it where it is still sparkly and then push various OD pedals into it for different tones. The Dirt channel is really versatile. The tone shape knob can take you from classic british tones to really high gain scooped sounds. This channel has a crazy amount of gain on tap. It really allows you to go from classic rock sounds to Metal. Feature: I bought this amp for the loop effect since my Dual Terror didn't have one. I got alot more than just a loop effect :-) Like the Dual Terror you can step it down from 30, 15, or 7 watts by moving tubes out of the circuit and switching to half power. Very nice, because this amp is LOUD on 15 or 30. You will not have any issues if you have a loud drummer. Oh and btw is works great with the G system in a 4 cable configuration! Ease of Use: Clean Channel is Treble, Bass, and Volume simple. Dirt channel is Gain Tone shape knob, and volume. Quality: Everything seems well built and solid. I ordered a live in head case for mine so the tolex doesn't get messed up, but the amp seems solid Value: This amp is a good value for the money. The tone is unbelievable. The Wow Factor: Has that classic Orange look, nothing else to say Overall: I'll hang on to this head for a long time. It has everything I want.

"Orange TH30" submitted June 25, 2013

By Nelson L in Granada Hills , CA
Musical Background: 7 years playing experience
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Classical.
Overall: Great amp! Lots of gain, a nice clean channel and VERY loud! Perfect for practices and small gigs.

When you call, mention priority code 176H-ZHBB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976