When you call, mention priority code 20H-9YQ9

Rating and Reviews: Orange OB1-500 Head

Get bi-amping tone with one small rackmount. The OB1-500's footswitchable blend circuit keeps your low end clean while adding high-end harmonics and gain.

"Great tone and more volume than should be legal" submitted September 15, 2015

By John S in Cavendish, VT
Overall
Musical Background: Bass player for 35 years. Pretty much retired now.
Music Style: Rock, jazz, fusion, prog
Overall: I bought this for the bi-amp design. I love the way my bass sounds through a guitar amp, but it's always missing the really deep low end. The OB1 is the perfect combo of a bass and guitar amp. I can dial in just about any combination of tones from the two separate sections into one. The volume is insane on the 500. The 300 might be a touch more realistic unless your on stage or just like to see your windows explode.

"Incredible amplifier..." submitted January 23, 2016

By Nyms Bacciarini in Goodyear, AZ
Musical Background: Playing since the 60's, lead, rhythym, bass, drums
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: This amplifier is fantastic. I use it into an Orange 410 Cab. Bass response is smooth as glass but as you crank it louder the treble gets that growl but still keeps the smooth undistorted bass as if it's bi-amped into another amp and cab. I use a handbuilt (by me) Thunderbird Bass, a Hofner CT Beatle Bass, and a Samick bass with Fender PJ vintage pickups. Running the Beatle Bass into an Orange OB-1 500 is something you need to hear to believe... it sounds like the bass in 'Come Together' AND 'Sgt Peppers..' I went with the 500w instead of the 300w because 'a wee bit more..' is never a bad thing. It's a two rack space amp...don't put it in a two rack space case because it runs a wee hot. The amp has a large fan so I use a 3space case with the amp on the bottom and a 1 space slotted vent plate above the amp. It looks and sounds cooler than cool.... Hugs...Nyms

"The thing thumps!" submitted October 11, 2016

By Todd K in Carolina, RI
Overall
Overall: Purchased it from zZounds. First one had some damage on the rackmount ears. Wasn't too sure if I was going to send it back since I wasn't planning on racking it. Called talked to them and sent it back. Fantastic customer service. The amp itself is solid as can be. Very well built. For a solid state the thing weighs a bunch. Dials are all very smooth. Connections are tight. All around very very well built. I have used it with a few cabs and one thing that is for certain is that this amp carries tone with it through all of them. You can tell it was designed to move air or wobble it if need be. There is so much distortion available you can have some Matrix stuff going on if you are not careful. That being said, it really does do the right thing when it comes to solid state bass amps and it does it with the ability to blend a dirty channel seamlessly. I would not say it is especially loud. It is only a 500 watt solid state amp. It certainly will hang in most practices. If you're playing out it will be mic'ed anyway and it will smoke. Best one I have owned in a long long time!

"Orange OB-1 500...AMAZING." submitted December 10, 2015

By JP ROSENTRETER in Darien, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar and Bass. Play at home and in 2 bands.
Music Style: Rock and punk rock.
Overall: So I bought this amp when I switched to bass for a new band I am playing in. Let me tell you this thing is KILLER! I have only had it a couple weeks and gigged it once through an Ampeg 410HLF and couldn't be happier. People commented all night on the tone from this and my Ray34ca (mint green with all maple neck and fretboard). Very versatile and the gain seems to be more on the high end harmonics leaving the bottom clear and cutting. You won't regret this amp!!

"Ob1" submitted November 8, 2015

By ben perry in WATERBURY, VT
Overall
Musical Background: Professional bassist in a band called reverser out of vermont. personally Playing for 15 years.
Music Style: Metal, punk, blue grass, rock, jazz.
Overall: I am really happy with this head. I think I'll never need anything else, it has all the gain and tone I could ever want. The only bad thing is it insinuates on the page that it comes with a foot switch but it didn't and I had to go out and get speak on cables that I was unaware of needing.

When you call, mention priority code 20H-9YQ9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976