866-ZZOUNDS (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-JJQZ

Rating and Reviews: Orange CR120H Crush Head

Plug into 120 watts of Orange tone! The CR120H is a solid-state amp head with all the warmth and grit of an Orange tube amp, thanks to its four gain stages.

"Best solid state amp I've used!" submitted February 2, 2014

By Chris R in Pompano Beach, FL
Musical Background: Bass Player/Guitarist for 12 years
Music Style: Ambient - Post Rock
Overall: I was looking for an amp for live performances and I came across this amp. It has a very nice warm tone that you don't typically hear with solid state heads. Doesn't break up at high volumes and just pumping the volume halfway this thing is window shattering loud. Great amp for the money if you don't have it to invest in a good tube amp. This thing is a killer and worth every penny!

"Truly a monster of an amp!!!" submitted July 6, 2014

By Robert E in Dingmans Ferry , PA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 25 years. I've been a professional for the past 14 years. Mainly session work.
Music Style: I play anything from country to hip hop. But my love has always been heavy metal. It's what inspires me. It gets me groovin.
Overall: This amp has completely and utterly blown me away. I play mostly heavy metal and this amp just rips. The dirty channel has tons of gain, and it's nice, thick, and chunky. But it's a sound all it's own. Playing leads on this amp is just awe inspiring. The note separation is so perfect, great control of all my notes, even when I'm playing super fast speed runs, and sweep arpeggios. The sound never gets muddy. It's stays crisp, and every note is clear. The clean channel is just beautiful. The level of warmth you get out of the clean channel is just perfect. It actually gave me goose bumps. This amp just sings in every way. I've owned a lot of amps, from a dual rectifier, to a mid 90's peavy 5150. And this amp is truly right there with those amps. And the part I like most is while it's super heavy, it's still will make your sound unique, which I personally think is awesome.

"Solid State Awesomeness" submitted July 1, 2014

By Jesse H in Scott City, KS
Overall
Musical Background: Pub/Club Musician, 11 Years. Fender American Standard, several pedals Martin Acoustic.
Music Style: Rock/Blues/Experimental
Overall: So i bought the Orange CR120H about two months ago, at first i was skeptical, BUT i have always wanted an Orange, at a lower price; this beats that in spades, hands down. Two months several rehearsals & 3 gigs later the skepticism flew out the window. Solid State has never sounded so good, EVER. It has it's own unique sound and does not try to emulate Tube reaction, so that's what i appreciated from it personally. I have wowed friends and bandmates that are tube purists. And i have recieved compliments at shows. Get this head, you wont regret it, usefull as a practice amp for your band, if you don't want to wear your tubes, but still want to sound great at rehearsals. Or play it live for small to medium sized gigs. If the gigs are larger, and you need a louder head, simply mic it. Overall great amp, it's my main workhorse at the moment.

"Sounds like a tube amp even though it's not...." submitted August 3, 2015

By James D in COLCORD, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar for 40 years, play about 50 shows a year.
Music Style: Hard Rock/Classic Rock
Overall: I wanted a solid state amp that sounded like a tube amp and was less fragile and needed less maintenance. This amp fit the bill. My guitarist friends were blown away by the tone I'm getting. I play live a lot and this unit has no problem cutting through the mix. First show I used it, I received many comments from fans of the band: "Your guitar sounds great tonight!" It's built like a tank. The controls are easy to use and understand. No brainer for anyone to check this unit out.

" Orange Analog CR120H really close ot the Rockverb " submitted March 23, 2014

By Robert U in brooklyn, NY
Musical Background: 40+years
Music Style: 60's Rock ,and Blues
Overall: Orange Amp, CR 120H. I received my Orange 120H, next day from Zzounds, very reliable, and great prices! As for the 120H ,well after purchasing the CR 60C in November I was hooked and had to try their version of a 120 watt solid state head ,I wasn't disappointed once again . After many years of tube heads, Marshall, VOX, Fender, ect, ect I finally found a solid state amp that I would consider to be up there with BBs L5 SS ,yes! This amp head ,as do there other CR pro series has great character ,from blues tones ,cleans that sparkle and crunch from the 60s ,I'm not joking ,I was very surprised ,and very satisfied . This head is really the closest to any tube head I've ever played ,really creamy ,warm and soulful ,also built like a tank , I do suggest you give this a try . It will surprise you to say the least!!

"Orange tone minus the tubes and Maintenance!" submitted November 17, 2015

By Christian V in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Touring, Recording Professional musician
Music Style: Hard rock, Metal, progressive and blues
Overall: This is the closest that a solid state amp can get to a tube amp, let's not forget that this amp is actually an analog one, I got this as a backup, I originally own the Rockerverb MKll but after using this cr120 I consider both of them as my main ones.

"Great sounding, well made, and beautiful" submitted August 6, 2016

By Gilbert R in Richmond, TX
Overall
Overall: 4 stages of gain that is comparable to a tube amp. The cr120 rendered all my overdrive and distortion pedals useless! You can get some great tones out of this amp. Clean channel is nice and warm. zZounds' Play As You Pay is just a genius option for working musicians. Love this amp.

"On another level" submitted May 31, 2014

By BJA Anderson
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist of about 10 years.
Music Style: Soul, Gospel, most recently Death Metal
Overall: To say this amp is good for a solid state would do it no justice at all. Calling it just "good" does it no justice. I had a performance the same day I recieved the amp, so there was no chance to rehearse with it or even tweak the settings much. Luckily, this thing is a beast out of the box. The cleans have a different kind of clarity. The gain knob on the Dirty Channel covers everything from bluesy breakup to a creamy high gain that really punches through the mix. After messing with it a bit, I couldn't find a bad sound. I fear if I open the amp to see what kind of sorcery is in this thing, I may never be the same again.

"excellent orange sound" submitted October 13, 2015

By Edward K in Shelter Island, NY
Musical Background: Play in bands/at home/records
Music Style: metal
Overall: It's truly as advertised. It isnt the tube 120 rockerverb, but it certainly is close. Really awesome sound for a solid state head

"Broke on me in a few months" submitted February 28, 2016

Overall
Overall: Bought it brand new at guitar center. Straight out of the box, it made a weird low pitched clipping sound the first time I ever turned it on. Thought it was the speakers at first. Never happened again. 4 months later it started doing it again. It got worst and worst every time I played from then on. It sounded like the speakers crapping out but soon realized it was the amp. Only had it for 4 months :( Other than that, I was very very pleased with it. Tone is amazing and clear. I would buy it again but am a little apprehensive after what happened.

"Best Solid State Amo since the L5" submitted March 21, 2014

By Robert U in Brooklyn, NY
Musical Background: Over 40Years
Music Style: Blues , 60s Rock !!
Overall: Orange Amp, CR 120H. I received my Orange 120H, next day from Zzounds, very reliable, and great prices!As for the 120H ,well after purchasing the CR 60C in NovemberI was hooked and had to try their version of a 120 watt solid state head ,I wasn't disappointed once again . After many years of tube heads, Marshall, VOX, Fender, ect, ect I finally found a solid state amp that I would consider to be up there with BBs L5 SS ,yes! This amp head ,as do there other CR pro series has great character ,from blues tones ,cleans that sparkle and crunch from the 60s ,I'm not joking ,I was very surprised ,and very satisfied . This head is really the closest to any tube head I've ever played ,really creamy ,warm and soulful ,also built like a tank .So if you get 450.00 Dollars, I do suggest you give this a try . It will surprise you to say the least!!

"Insanely Great Experience buying Orange CR120" submitted February 24, 2016

By Brian Criswell in Seminole, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist for many years and toured as a tech with national acts.
Music Style: Rock, metal, sludge, stoner, doom, grind.
Overall: I have to give it up to zZounds, the payment program is amazing and super helpful. Musicians everywhere who struggle to buy gear this is a godsend! The staff are super easy going and helpful and I would recommend them to Anyone! zZounds has earned my, respect and business. Thank you so much for helping my dreams come true one payment at a time! The Orange Cr120 is an amazing product!

866-zZounds (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-JJQZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976

Seen it for less somewhere else? Get it for less at zZounds. Simply click the “Seen it for less?” link on any product page and as long as we‘re not losing money, we‘ll beat any legitimate competitor‘s lowest price, usually within two hours. Want our best price even faster? Call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll provide you with a lower price on the phone. Also, if you purchase from us and later find the product for less elsewhere, call or email us within 45 days, and we‘ll refund you the difference.

Buy it, try it, like it, or return it to us for a full refund. It‘s just that simple. If you‘re not in love with what you bought, return it to zZounds within 45 days, and we‘ll promptly arrange for an exchange or a refund. No hassles. No hidden charges. And if a product‘s defective or damaged, call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll email you a prepaid shipping label so you can easily return it to us at zero cost to you.

Simply click the Seen it for less? link next to the gear you want or call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637)