When you call, mention priority code 160K-NJ5L

Rating and Reviews: Numark iCDMIX-2 System

With two CD players, an iPod dock and a built in mixer, the compact Numark iCDMIX is the perfect all-in-one tool for any mobile DJ.

"Can't Beat it for the Price" submitted January 12, 2011

Musical Background: DJ/Producer
Music Style: All-Music
Sound: Sounds Great but I also added a EQ Feature: It has enough to get the Job done and in style if you use it right... Ease of Use: Coulded be any easier Quality: The quality is decent and as long as you take care of it you shouldn't have any/many problems but be advised that the unit will freeze from time to time(one of the decks)but it easily fixed.It wont stop the party!!! Value: Nice Little Piece for the money Manufacturer Support: only had to call customer service once but that was just to ask a question. Overall: Now let me start by saying that this is far from being perfect but for the price you can't beat it.I mean its easy to use and it has all the standard features you need.Plus with having the I pod dock it alouds me the comfort of not have to lug a lab top around cause with a 30G or higher Ipod I can store over 4000 tracks with folders and playlist.Now you can't scratch and it been known to freeze(to many commands at once) but if you can get pass that it is nearly the perfect all-in-one Unit out there for the price...

"Numark is going backward" submitted March 18, 2010

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: All Music
Sound: Sound output works like any other Feature: Looked good on paper Ease of Use: Numark is going backward Quality: Built Solid... wish it worked as good as it looks... Value: Would be a good value if it was designed better Manufacturer Support: They were accessible but it was like talking to the wall Overall: Let me start by saying that I VERY much wanted to like the icdmix2.... I sent back 2 that were defective... I am on my third and finally returning it for a refund... I've had it... it is hard for me to understand how Numark can send a unit out with this many problems... * The cue monitor dial function does not work properly. * Changing from one song to the next with the new "track knob" is down-right impossible. The CDMIX's I've owned had arrow buttons that would move you quickly from one song to the next. The track knob is a mistake but NUMARK is standing behind it saying: "there is a learning curve to using it"... are you kidding me?!... A learing curve to using a knob?.... not only does it take forever to get from one song to the next... it started changing songs without even touching it.... get the arrow buttons back!!! * The +10 button does not work properly... I got it to work once in the 20 times I tried using it... * The cross-fader does not work like past units. When I use the crossfader to go back and forth from one CD to the next, the song does not restart from the beginning... it picks up the track from where it last played before I would cross-fade to the next song... this is not good..... the track should start from the beginning every time I use the crossfader (unless I cue it to start at a different point in the song)... I tried using the track knob to get me back to the beginning of the track but instead of taking you to the beginning of the song, the track knob takes you to the previous track... very frustrating... * I miss the BPM.... put it back... * I ejected CD two and it ejected normally... 2 seconds later CD one ejected without me even touching it.... it did this on 3 different occasions... * I had a CD freeze up on 2 different occasions... I've been using CDMIX's for 10 years and that never happend before. * The IPOD dock is a great idea but it froze my ipod the first time I put it in the dock (If NUMARK is listening = the track knob you are using for the IPOD dock is what you should be using for the CD track knob... letting you get from one song to another effortlessly). WHAT I LIKE: * I like the fact that the icdmix2 has the transformer built-in and doesn't have a external corded transformer * I also like the fact that it has an xlr input for a microphone.... I always have to use my CDMIX's with a Mackie Mixer for my 2 mics... this unit could truly be used by itself without another mixer (if it was done right)... Like I mentioned, I really wanted to like the icdmix2... that's why I was patient and waited 3 months and endured 3 defective units... my plan was to buy 3 of these to replace my other cdmix's .... I'll stick with the cdmix's... We use computers as well as CD's... I will continue to use my Numark cdmix's until another company can do what NUMARK failed to do here.
53 of 59 people (89.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

""Know how to mix already; It's a perfect fix then!" submitted August 24, 2012

By DeeJay BulldawgPurp Last Name in Atlanta, LA
Musical Background: DeeJayin and Muszac Production
Music Style: Hip Hop, Dub Step, Reggae, Rock, Jazz, Country, Easy Listening, Heck I like it all!!
Sound: This sound was good. I added another mixer to gain better turntable control and run the unit through it. It increased the sound quality and made it Do What it DO. Feature: No BMP counter. But of course I don't need one. If you're new the features won't help you cheat. Learn to Deejay before buying this unit other wise you'll send it back. Not a bunch of on board effects. Ease of Use: Easy to use if you know how to DeeJay. K.I.S.S. is what i would say (keep it simple stupid). You can rock the party if you have your cds labeled already, and know the playlist!! This is not for the lazy DeeJay who requires the equipment to do all the work. It's wasn't hard to figure out I was able to jam without even reading the manual. Quality: It actually was more solid than I thought it would be. I was surprised by it's construction. Value: Diffidently worth the price. Saved me from having to buy two more CDJs. Manufacturer Support: No need to contact them as of yet. But I do own other product I bought through zZounds and the technical support was easy to contact and get resolutions before. The Wow Factor: The construction had the WOW factor for me. I pulled it out of the box and made five or six new mixes within minutes of operation. Overall: This unit isn't for the new Deejay who can't "FEEL THE BEAT"! If you can hear a song and know what beat & sound goes with it then I would suggest this unit. It's small, concise and it works. If you MIX not jump from song to song without fading the next song in for a BLEND then no this isn't for you.

"The negative reviews are accurate" submitted December 18, 2012

By Mike V in North San Diego County, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since 1965. Sax, keyboards, bass, lead and back up vocals. Jam at home but DJ professionally.
Music Style: Being the Bob Barker of DJ and Karaoke (old) I tend to play 50's through 90's dance music.
Overall: I have been using a CDMIX1 that I purchased new from Costco in 1998 and has performed very well for 14 years. The RCA jacks in the back finally gave up and a replacement player was in order. I received my iCDMIX2 on 11-05-12 and my first show using the unit was on 11-10-12. The first time out, the right side player froze and the only way to remove the disc was to shut it down and reboot to get the eject to work. For the rest of the show it worked fine but with all the initializing issues and snail paced track search as mentioned in other reviews. On Saturday 12-15-12, during a Christmas Parade the unit quit working fully. It would search forever for the first track. When it found the track it would only play part of the track then skip to the next track. When it reached track 5 it would search and search then go back to track one. This was happening on both CD players. I had my ipod in the dock and it froze as well. Fortunately I had my laptop with me but for part of the parade, there was zero music. I have had contact with the manufacturer but not to repair or replace the unit...yet. I'm hoping Zzounds will send me another unit and I will keep my fingers crossed. I do not see value in a unit that does not work as it should and in this case it is now not working at all. The WOW factor goes away quickly once you actually use the unit. Compared to the old CDMIX1 this unit is....well there is no comparison as the old unit actually worked. So far this unit has a 100 % failure rate for me on paying gigs.

"I shoulda listened to the other reviews!" submitted August 6, 2012

By Belinda M in Portland, OR
Musical Background: DJ
Overall: One reviewer said a DJ would find this useless, and it's true. You can't cue on CDs quickly at all, every track takes 2-3 seconds to load, so if you want to play track 5, that's 10-15 seconds. I thought I'd try it anyway for an easy gig, but it froze up during the second track I played - nothing fancy, just pushed "play" - and the entire player stopped working. Had to shut it off and turn it on again, and then I didn't trust it. Luckily I brought my other CD mixer just in case. It looks great, it sounds good, but it's really useless if you need to cue tracks quickly. And that shutting down in the middle of a track thing. I'm returning it.

"It works better if you don't plug it in..." submitted March 22, 2012

By Christopher S in Tucson, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I Dj in local nightclubs weekly for 8-yrs. Also weddings & holiday parties...etc.
Music Style: Mostly Old-school/R & B but also hip-hop, Top-40 and blues and jazz on occasions.
Overall: I just recently bought one at the local BEST BUY and thought it was a pretty good deal, it had been marked down to $225. I bought it because I already owned a CD-MIX2 that I use to DJ with in local night clubs. I thought this new version might be an improvement over mine so I had planned on replacing my MIX-2 if everything checked out OK. But it didn't !! Plugged it in & turned it on and it couldn't track the 3rd CD I loaded. It played the first couple of CD's alright but the 3rd was a nightmare. The thing kept initializing over and over trying to "I guess" locate the first song on the CD and it wouldn't let me eject the disk either. So after 5 mins. of this non-sense... I turned the unit off and on several times just so I could eject my CD. Since I immediately knew that I would be returning the deck, I didn't want to throw in one of my good CD's in addition. So I tried loading it in the other tray... same thing all over again. Imagine if this were a wedding or a requested song. (MAJOR CATASTROPHE!!) Then another problem is this silly track advance knob placed at the top of the deck that is slow to respond. If you want to advance to song 11 or 12... It won't make it there. It might get to 7 or 8 then lock up !!! (Even bigger problem.) And another failing is the auto cross fader which won't start the song at the beginning if you accidentally fade over then back again. At least my CD MIX2 will let me do that. And lastly the "pause cueing" for beat mixing is clumbersome and time consuming. It may take you 6 or 7 attempts to sync. your down beat... it tends to under or overshoot the desired spot. I returned it the next day !!! But this deck looks very impressive right out the box and is very well crafted. It's one of NUMARKS most classy and polished looking CD mixers. I really hated to return it but I can't afford to recycle power every time a CD won't track & gets stuck in a loop. Sorry, I'll just stick with my CD MIX-2 "DJ Kansas City"

When you call, mention priority code 160K-NJ5L. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976