When you call, mention priority code 20L-C4N2

Rating and Reviews: Novation Impulse 49

Express yourself on 49 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch. This MIDI controller comes packed with drum pads and sliders that map to Ableton and other DAWs.

"Novation rocks!!" submitted April 13, 2012

Music Style: Rock, hip-hop/R&B and neo soul
Overall: Very good controller. Mapped to everything with automap 4. U still may want to do your own custom presets but out the box is still good works with logic and protools 9/10. Get it you wont be dissapointed. The keys feel better than the oxygen 49 and axiom i had both an it feels just right!!!
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Impulse? No, I thought about it a lot first." submitted October 3, 2012

By Benjamin Tucker in Louisville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: 55 year, jam at home, play at church, flute, piano, keyboards
Music Style: electronic, jazz,
Sound: Actually, key strikes are a little noisy. Seriously, it isn't louder than the keys on my other synths but it actually sounds "cheaper" somehow. Feature: Novation continues to make this easy to use with your software with their Automap software. The adventuresome can "roll their own." It is especially suited to Abelton Live (the Lite version comes with it) and, like the REmote, to Propellerhead's Reason. Ease of Use: The features of this controller are complex enough that you will have to spend time learning about them to take full advantage of what it can do. I confess I haven't owned it that long yet. Quality: I hope that it holds up under use as well as Novaion's earlier models. Overall, I feel the knobs, sliders, and pads feel substantial. Unlike the REmote, however, the white keys have sharp corners which, for me anyway, detracts from the quality. Value: So far, I am very pleased with my purchase...especially with zZounds competitive pricing (after a little encouragement). Thanks, zZounds. Manufacturer Support: Online....compared to M-Audio anyway...outstanding. The Wow Factor: The odd-looking radiator grill end panels are either a cosmetic feature or something you want to try to ignore. I was wondering if there might be a way to replace them....something in 1/2 inch cherry for that classic synth look. There is an idea...custom end panels. I do like the red, black, and grey color scheme though. With the Launchpad, Remote, and now the Impulse, I have my software under control. Overall: After a bad experience with the much cheaper M-Audio Oxygen 49 and researching reviews of alternatives, I decided on the Impulse. I already owned an older Novation REmote 25 which, except for the joystick, has held up well despite a lot of use.

"Great Music Controller for Music Producers" submitted March 10, 2014

By Steven Reed in Ridgeway, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing Rythm/lead guitar over 30 years, keyboards over 20 years and music production about 16years. Berklee 2yrs.
Music Style: Philly soul, gospel, funk electronic, instrumental ballads.
Sound: N/A Ease of Use: This product was is clearly made for Ableron Live users. I'm a Logic Pro X user and the product is a little dated for that reason. Other than that the auto map feature is very helpful in getting around certain Daws. Quality: The quality of this product is awesome! Overall: I find the Novation impulse 49 provides a big convenience in a tight spot for computer based and live producers! The auto map feature allows you to focus more on creativity instead of spending too much of DAW set up.

"Bummer " submitted September 26, 2013

By joel foust in paulsboro, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: jam at home producer and keyboard player
Music Style: hip hop and r&b
Overall: I bought this a month ago, and 3 of the lights for the mute/solo buttons went out. I called Novation, and they insist on sending via mail to a repair facility miles away - with no definite time for me to receive it back. I feel pretty ripped off right now, and I don't think I will buy anything from Novation again. I heard complaints about their products online, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I didn't think the same thing would happen to me. Well, it did. Take it from me - buy at your own risk. You have been warned.

"Buy This At Your Own Risk" submitted September 23, 2013

By foust joel in paulsboro, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home and produce at home recording studio
Music Style: Hip Hop and R&B
Overall: I just bought this a little over a month ago, and the mute/solo buttons stopped lighting up - they went completely dark. They seem to still work when you push them as far as muting and soloing the tracks, but they don't light up. I am really disappointed with Novation. $400 isn't exactly spare change when purchasing a keyboard controller. I would like to think the thing would work properly for at least a few years - if not more. I contacted Novation, and they gave me a place in Pennsylvania that does repairs. The guy is supposed to call me back tomorrow. Right now I have no idea how long this is going to take, but this is definitely an inconvenience. Who wants to go through this aggravation after buying something a month ago? The part that really ticks me off is the fact that is is just over th zzounds 30 return policy, so they won't let me return it. If you don't won't to go through what I am right now, don't buy this thing! I am not going to buy anything from Novation ever again. This guy had the same problem on youtube - look what happened to him: http://youtu.be/YNLr3KjbT4M

When you call, mention priority code 20L-C4N2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976