When you call, mention priority code 16JW-3FL7

Rating and Reviews: NI Traktor Kontrol S4

The Traktor Kontrol S4 is a truly professional 4-deck DJ controller. Just add your laptop and the included Traktor Pro 2.5 DJ software, and the party is on.

"S4 is perfect!" submitted April 10, 2011

Musical Background: Active club DJ
Music Style: Hiphop and house
Sound: The S4 has a great soundcard and provides great sound. Hooked it up at the club last night and it performed wonderfully. Feature: Need a bag but have a found a few online. It's very light and portable. Ease of Use: I have used Traktor for awhile so it was very easy to learn. For those coming from serato there will be a little bit of a learning curve. Especially when it comes to importing music and such. But it's worth it. Quality: While it's very light it also feels very well made. Definitely doesn't feel like a toy or anything Value: Value is great. Sold my turntables after obtaining this because they are so limited in comparison to what u can do with the S4 Manufacturer Support: NI is not known for their support. Luckily there is a large user base that can help with general questions. The Wow Factor: It's pretty enough for hardware. The lights look nice in the dark club setting and make it appear even more expensive. It's great for performance purposes Overall: This will get used for years most likely.
31 of 32 people (96.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Traktor S4" submitted September 27, 2012

By Rob R in Oakland, CA
Musical Background: Tableist
Music Style: Hip-hop house raggaeton top 401940's, 50's, 60's, 70's rock Motown r&b breaks
Overall: It is a great product for DJs who don't want to use cdjs or turntables. I use turntables in conjunction with the S4. It's a well built product buttons & knobs but the faders need to be better. Don't get me wrong they are great for mixing use but because I do a lot of heavy scratching I really don't know how long the cross fader will last me. I am going to purchase an innobender fader I just wish zZounds.com had audio innovate products available for purchase. Don't sleep on this midi controller because if you plan on using external equipment i.e. CDjs, Turntables and use Traktor Skratch Pro you eliminate more cost. If you are using another Midi controller with traktor and want to use CDjs or turntables you have to get the dvs system with the audio 10 or audio 6 so you end up shelling out more cash than you need especially on a tight budget. It's also great for live remixing or making your own tunes with the new traktor 2.5 update. Killer dope it's ten times better than serato but it won't surprise that serato will imitate what traktor has.
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Traktor s4" submitted March 28, 2012

By Samuel J in Glendale, AZ
Musical Background: Mobil dj for 12 years
Music Style: Electronic,hip hop
Overall: Hi I"m very happy with Traktor s4, first of all I still spin vinyl and traktor s4 allowed me to still connect my technic turntables and use all 4 channels if needed. The s4's new scratch technoligy is pretty close to real vinyl other that the wheels dont spin ,You just have to get use to it. The unit is pretty simple to use all the mappings match perfect with Traktor pro 2 software .Another one of the features i really like is how you can easily control the 2 sample decks with its own volumes and special effects . I think this is one of the hottest midi controller out there besides the Ns7.

"The Perfect Beginner DJ Setup" submitted April 18, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Producer, DJ
Music Style: Trance, Hip Hop, Dance, House, Dub Step
Sound: This is a great tool and my first dj equipment I purchased. The only downside to the S4 is you must have a powerful computer. I use it at my house on my i7 systemax and have zero clipping and I use it on my i5 ACER and have zero clipping. Anything less than an i5 is risky especially if you tend to not care for your computer well. I've used an i3 from a friend and it had minor clipping due to too much crap running in the background that I wasn't able to exit out of. Live this thing sounds great with the right speakers and computer! Feature: I absolutely love the features on this thing. You can remix on the fly and sample how great is that? The unit could be made of metal considering I paid $900 for it plus insurance. I wish the scratch feature was free considering I paid so much. Ease of Use: Everything is mapped out from the get go so there is no excuse not to tear it up on this thing. I didn't even read the manual I just went with the flow and it was very obvious. Quality: UPS dropped it off at my house and I just looked at it for 20 minutes in silence in aw of it's sleek and shiny surface. I've used this on the road and it's perfect I took it down to Panama City for Spring Break and it withstood drinks, drunks, and food. The fact that it's completely mapped out, came with the software, and the sexy design it is a 10 for sure. Value: I would say it's worth the price hands down. There is no other product like this on the market. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had too much of a problem with Native Instruments most of there products work for me and I don't have an issue. I'd assume they're friendly and will easily solve your problem considering they charge so much for there products. The Wow Factor: Sex Appeal - I've never been more attracted to an inanimate object. Overall: The best feature of this thing is setting it up in your booth turning the LEDs 100% and watch everyone come up and say wow that is one awesome set you have. I feel very proud to own my S4. I expect to keep this thing for a few years unless I upgrade to a pioneer mixer and cdjs but for now S4 is my baby.
15 of 18 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good unit, bad support" submitted May 4, 2011

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Everything
Sound: The sound quality of this unit is solid, when it works. I use this machine outside in the sun for an extended period of time (5hrs) and I live on an island so towards the end of my gig the unit over heats and the sound stop coming from my unit. Feature: This thing is a beast, if you know how to use every aspect of the Traktor software then you should own this machine! I have used Traktor for 2 yrs and in many ways. I have gone thru my CDJ phase, my Turntable phase, I am now starting to see the beauty in midi. The 4 decks have expanded my creativity and I just cant get enough of it. The platters for scratching are very on point, they take some time to get used to if your coming from a vinyl system tho. Loving the independent filters are lovley! The effects that come with Traktor 2 (you get this as a free update after you register) are amazing, the bouncer is awesome btw, just be sure you know how to use it. I'm loving the colored wave forms! Ease of Use: I used this thing live after 48 hrs of owning. Keep in mind I have 2 years of experience on Traktor, the hardware mimics the software perfectly. Like i said before if you understand Traktor you should be taking this thing for a spin. Quality: The product is pretty solid... the faders feel nice, the knobs feel professional. I had an allen and heath mixer before this and to me it feels the same. The cross fader is decent, you can set the curve via the software. My biggest gripe has been the right platter on this thing, I will explain in detail in the support section, but it went out on me and when i goes out the deck will go on you too, you have to actually remove the plate of the platter to regain control of the deck. Value: I do not think this product is worth 900 bucks, maybe like 600. The machine is awesome don't get me wrong but still its very steep for one piece of equipment if you ask me, especially if the support blows chunks. Manufacturer Support: EPIC FAIL! This has been my biggest gripe with this system. As I said before the right platter gave out on me, this I believe was due to build quality. After diagnosing the problem was indeed the platter itself (I just switched the platter plates from left to right) I figured it was time to get a replacement. Heres where my experience goes south, I call NI (it was hard to find there number btw) I was put on hold for about 30 minutes and finally got to a tech. From the beginning the guy was unpleasant (my day job is a support tech as well and I can understand his position) I told him what was wrong with my unit and I tried to tell him that I diagnosed it to the plater plates them selves, he would have none of that and told me in a rude tone that I need to plug in my unit and get tractor 2 up. We went thru the motions of re-calibrating the plates(information that is widely available on there site), while doing this i kept trying to tell him i know exactly what the problem is if he would just hear me out, he stopped me before I could finish and told me he was an expert on this issue and that i should just do what he says if i want his help because he had many other people waiting to be helped. I sucked it up and let him continue with his script. After fiddling with calibration in the traktor 2 program and in the controller editor he wanted me to restart, while waiting for the machine to boot he finally let me get my piece out. I told him the i can take the platter plate from the left side and put it on the right and it works fine, I take the platter plate from the bad side and put it on the good side and then it goes out too, its obviously the plates right? He has me calibrate the left plate to make sure it works and of course it does, then has me put the plate on the right side and had me re-calibrate the right side with the good plate, surprise it works! After dealing with support for a combined 1:24 minutes (from the time i dialed the number, wait time included) i was able to get them to say they were going to send me replacement plates, but heres the kicker, I told him i would pay what ever i needed to to get expedited shipping, this is my main gigging unit and I need the platters ASAP. I was told the problem is not shipping them (he never gave me an option of fast shipping either) but that he would have to find the parts because it's hard to get spare parts for this thing apparently. The Wow Factor: The unit is a good looking unit! I wish that they didn't put the traktor symbol on the platters but hey it's branding so what ever right. This thing defiantly has alot of hype around it, everytime i use this thing i get a few people in the booth asking me how i like it and that they are considering getting one, I am going to be sure to tell them about my issues with the machine and NI support Overall: Overall I still like the unit and I am pleased with the performance of the unit. After dealing with the support I do wonder what it would have been like to get that pioneer controller.

"Excellent product!" submitted November 15, 2011

Musical Background: BEDROOM DJ
Music Style: EDM
Sound: Club quality! Feature: Plug & Play to Traktor 2. Turn on & enjoy! Ease of Use: Plug & Play. No setup required. A lot of tricks on the web. Quality: Sturdy and packaged nicely. Value: YES! The Wow Factor: A lot of features and ease of use. Overall: No plans of replacing this product.

"this product blows... ME AWAY!!" submitted May 7, 2012

By kyle armenta in farmington, NM
Musical Background: Djing for 5 years now
Music Style: house, electro house, minimal house, tech house, dubstep.
Overall: helpful staff, and tracking info got it to me in 24hrs!!! opened it up, started jamming right away! i wouldn't advise for anyone just starting out, but if your in the big on your game GET THIS PRODUCT!! you will not be disappointed! thankyou again zzounds!!

"this is one hell of a dj tool!!!" submitted November 10, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: i dj as a side job. ive been doing it since i was 13.
Music Style: everything.
Sound: the sound on this is great. i love the damn thing. Feature: so many different features. And with the pro 2 update it gets better. Ease of Use: dont let the videos fool you. it does take time to set-up. but well worth it. plenty of layouts you can use. Quality: product was well made. only wish is the wheels to be a little tighter. but overall love it. Value: its great for the value. had it for a few months and i still havent used all the features. Manufacturer Support: online not bad but if you call they fix the problem for you in no time. The Wow Factor: .... native insturments... what else can i say??? Overall: for the money id expect it to last me a long time. but its all about how you take care of it.
13 of 16 people (81.25%) found this review helpful. Did you?

NI Traktor Kontrol S4 Customer Review submitted September 12, 2011

Musical Background: DJ producer
Music Style: Hip-Hop, RnB, & House
Sound: I was impressed being that I was a 1200 style DJ. Feature: I haven't really tapped into the features except the filters which were good when blending. Ease of Use: Less than an hour of hooking it up I was in business. Quality: I think it is durable. I'm going to get the case for it but I took it out for a gig and had no problems Value: I think it's worth the money. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to call just went to the forum for suggestions. Overall: It's the best product I've purchased recently.

"Mind blowing Sound, Will bring your mixing to a new level" submitted December 31, 2013

By Danny Day in New York, NY
Musical Background: Professional
Overall: Simplified mixing up to the most advanced looping, the s4 has completely brought my dj-ing to a new leve.

"Traktor S4" submitted October 28, 2012

By eric tenalio
Musical Background: dj,production,engineer
Music Style: Techno-Tech house -progressive House
Overall: Honestly as a stand alone, it's pretty nice, except the master out and no booth out, volume limiter and Autogain need work. also the ability to record the loop recorder output would be nice. Running it through ableton....not so much, all the hype that it works that way..i have had more audio clipping and software "skipping" i would say every 15minutes while attempting to use both, after tweeking the settings even.and on a mac. we cant have that can we, especially at a gig

"Workhorse with a HUGE learning curve." submitted October 26, 2012

By Chris K in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: DJ / Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Music Style: House and R&B
Overall: I like to keep my comments brief and plain so some might find this review a bit short. This is an incredible piece of hardware that will quite frankly take a while to get used to. I have not used it in a live gig yet as I am STILL learning everything it can do. Pros: Same sound card as the NI Audio 4 so it's got great warmth, but the mids and highs on your tracks will need a bit of tweaking if you don't want them muted. Intuitive layout so basic DJs will have an easy time navigating this for basic play. Solid construction. For this to be mostly plastic, it is well put together. Cons: No pitch adjust on the unit itself. Some tracks require +- 16% while others require +- 8% for better control when beatmatching. Midi mapping in Traktor is a pain. Fortunately the map provided is wholly adequate. Loop recorder does not automatically sync with the playing track. You actually have to set the track as the master and set the sync on the loop recorder to accurately record in time with the track. As I don't like to use the sync button under normal circumstances, this has taken some getting used to. No XLR outs.Headphone volume is low when running off USB only. Found out that this is a "feature" as the system thinks that the S4 is running on emergency power when the adapter is not being used. Turns out that it will decrease the headphone monitor volume and the brightness of the lights on the display unless you plug it into AC power. Overall, not a bad unit. I can see myself having fun with this for a long time to come.

"simply awesome" submitted October 11, 2012

By tim d
Musical Background: djing house parties and a few larger gigs for 11 years
Music Style: All styles.
Overall: I got my s4 little over a month ago and absolutely love it. After the initial set up and plugging it in it has been amazing. This was my first setup coming from all vinyl and the options available to me seem endless. First gig was a superhero theme party and everyone loved the superhero music remixes i was able to throw down. Don t know how to live with out it now. Native instruments hit one out of the park on this controller.

"Awesome Kontroller!!!" submitted February 8, 2011

Musical Background: DJ/Sound Installer
Music Style: All Styles
Sound: The sound is Clean and Clear. Feature: The Traktor Kontrol S4 has all the features you would want as a DJ without adding extra gear. It gives you the option to use either 2 decks with 2 sample decks or 4 decks. You decide how you want to play. Ease of Use: It is very intuitive and easy to use. Everything is layed out for you. Was up and running in 10 minutes(took my sweet time). Everything worked perfect right out the box. Quality: The quality is good but not road tough. Would have been nice if they built the whole unit out of aluminum but otherwise it's good. All the sliders, knobs and buttons feel smooth and responsive. Value: Would be worth the price if it were made completely out of aluminum/steel like the Hercules DJ Console RMX/4MX. Manufacturer Support: Have not had any reason to call support. The Wow Factor: The unit is sleek and sexy!!! Overall: The Traktor Kontrol S4 is an awesome controller. It has all the features you want and then some. It worked perfect right out the box. I used an Acer laptop with AMD Turion X2(not your ideal system) just to test it out and had no issues whatsoever. I am getting a new MacBook Pro soon which will be my main setup. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a full feature controller. I ordered the unit sunday 2/6/11 and got it tuesday 2/8/11. Zzounds delivered and with their play as you pay program you can't go wrong.

"Don't plan on using your Traktor Kontrol S4 in live situations." submitted March 5, 2011

Musical Background: pro dj
Music Style: Electronic
Sound: The Traktor Kontrol S4 hardware/mixer is extremely prone to buffering when you make any adjustments on the mixer be it eqing, fading in/out, selecting and loading tracks into the player, pretty much anything where the mixer relays a signal to the computer. The laptop used for my S4 is loaded with memory and RAM, so there should be plenty of processing power, but the CPU usage constantly maxes out and makes a clipping sound in the mix. Feature: Plenty of great features, fx, and mixing options for the creative minded. Ease of Use: Very easy and intuitive to simply plug and play. Quality: Cosmetically, it's a top quality layout. Value: If it weren't for the sound clipping problem, I would give the S4 very high marks. But having your mix clip multiple times during each song makes it untenable for use in a live performance environment. Manufacturer Support: I've no luck in resolving the clipping sound issue. Overall: I've been professionally djing for 15yrs, and I would not be able to use the S4 as it stands in a live environment.

When you call, mention priority code 16JW-3FL7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976