When you call, mention priority code 14JY-49J4

Rating and Reviews: Neumann TLM103 Anniv. Mic

This Anniversary package includes a Neumann shock mount, aluminum case, and the super-low-noise TLM 103 fixed-cardioid condenser -- great on vocals and more.

"Great Mic, especially for the cash..." submitted May 18, 2005

Music Style: Pop/Rock
Sound: Great sound with a LA-610 Preamp in my 002 set up...Sounds good on acoustic guitar as well as lead vocals... Overall: May go up to the next level of MICS...U87 eventually when finances dictate. For the money, this is a great buy!

"Great Mic, but Overpriced." submitted March 26, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Artist, Producer.
Music Style: Rap, Hip Hop, Country, Rock.
Sound: The sound is great, very clear and "airy". I have used a U-87 many a time, even though the U-87 is more FLAT & slightly boomy, i enjoy the U-87, but I LOVE the way the TLM 103 sounds. I have also used an AKG 414, and the 414 is very boomy, with alot of low end in it, but sounds great. The TLM103 is a great mic, with great sound, the only negative part about the mic itself, is EVERY small studio has one, and me personally, I don't like to be like everybody else. But for the simple fact that everybody has it in their studio as their go to vocal mic for rap/hip hop, and even country vocals, that must mean something. But your mic is only as good as your preamp. Feature: I gave this a 1 for the features, because there is no High Pass Filter, no Pad, (Even though most preamps have these two) & no pick up pattern option. Ease of Use: Easy to use, just plug and play, no rocket science involved. Quality: Mic looks great & sounds great. Value: This microphone is WAY WAY WAY OVERPRICED for what it is. The only reason it costs so much, is because it has a Neumann Logo. Manufacturer Support: Yes, Neumann is quick with response. The Wow Factor: Mic looks "sexy" and great. Overall: Overall I would give this mic a 7, just for the simple fact that i love the way it sounds. The only reason I gave it a low score, is because of the price, it's overpriced and neumann needs to go ahead and drop the price on these. I have been looking into starting my own studio, just starting to record vocals first. And I have used many mics, but I am still considering this one, but then again, the price hurts the pockets for what i get. So i am interested in, AKG 414, AKG 214, BLUE Baby Bottle, SHURE KSM44 & of course, Neumann TLM 103.

"Almost as good as an U87!" submitted December 2, 2004

Musical Background: Audio Engineer
Music Style: all of them
Feature: the anti-shock mount is cool, I only with it would have a low cut (just for the fun of it) Quality: Its a very handsome mic, if I may say so... Value: for this price... it doesn

"For the price and the sound it can't be beat." submitted April 25, 2005

Overall
Sound: I have been in recording for 30 years. Neumann has the best sound. This mic is great! Feature: Just as advertised. If you need multi patterns or pads or roll offs get a diffrent mic. Quality: Neumann = Quality, you wont be disapointed. Manufacturer Support: I have not had any problems with the mic. The Wow Factor: I have it And want another for stereo recording. Overall: This mic will last longer than I will and I still am using mics that are 30 years old.

"Warm, Rich, and Airy." submitted May 26, 2005

Musical Background: Producer / Songwriter
Music Style: RnB / Hip Hop
Sound: WOW...its sound so feckin warm. its a stunning vocal mic. I love the breathy sound it reproduces. the midrange is heaven. Feature: Simple...no gimmicks...no nonsense mic. Quality: its a fantastic mic...german precision, what more could you ask for. Value: Its great value for money. its also great if you are making a commercial return. Manufacturer Support: UK support is handled by Senn, its cool. The Wow Factor: its sexy, sleek, and small. nicely crafted. its sound even better. Overall: I love this mic. its the best musical purchase i have made.

Neumann TLM103 Anniv. Mic Customer Review submitted June 29, 2006

Musical Background: producer
Music Style: all genres
Sound: Great vocal sound. If you can't get a great sound on vocals or acoustic instruments, you need to research on how to EQ. Feature: Mine came with the shock mount. Ease of Use: Very easy to work with. You just need a preamp for this thing to do its magic. Quality: Built like a tank. Value: You pay what you get for and this mic is the best for its price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with Neaumann. The Wow Factor: This mic sounds as beautiful as it looks. It's the industry standard.

Neumann TLM103 Anniv. Mic Customer Review submitted October 25, 2005

By a customer from xerox.com
Musical Background: singer
Sound: sounds fairly good Feature: doesn't have a pad or a high pass switch,what do you expect?this is a Neumann. Quality: sound quality is ok,needs lotsa eq for decent sound. Value: might be a little pricey for what you get. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed any. The Wow Factor: I've used the mic for singing vocals. I don't plan on buying one. Overall: a little pricey for it's overall performance.

"The Best Vocal Mic Ever...it sounds so warm and smooth" submitted May 26, 2005

Musical Background: Music Producer
Music Style: R&B and Rap
Sound: Its a Neumann, what do you expect. The midrange on this beauty is wonderful. I love the airy high too. Its sound just like a U87...yet its even better with its low noise spec. Feature: Not many features, just a solid state pro mic. Quality: I love german products, and this is no exception. Neumann is a pro company...all the big boys use them. Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Beyonce, Jay Z, and a million others sing through neumann's all the time. Value: Its a U87 in a smaller shell...so neumann tells me. I have even compared, and they are extremely similar. Manufacturer Support: Havnt needed it. The Wow Factor: I just cherish the TLM 103. Its a dream come true kinda mic. My vocalist sounds so much better through it. I can just hear the soul right in the singer through the tlm 103. Overall: If you can afford 103, you will never be disapointed. I know i wasnt.

Neumann TLM103 Anniv. Mic Customer Review submitted December 13, 2005

By a customer from baxter.org
Musical Background: recording industry
Sound: this mic is a definite improvement over dynamic microphones like the Shure sm57 and sm58, but when comparing the sound to other condenser mics like the AKG c414, Rode ntk,Audiotechnica at4040 and at3035, these mics cost less but sound as good and in most cases even better! One thing I do like about the tlm103 is that it is very solidly built. The mic is quite heavy for it's size! Feature: it doesn't have any pads or highpass filter switches. It is a very beautifully designed attractive looking mic! Quality: very solidly built,like a tank! Value: Because it has the Neumann name tag on it it gets overpriced. Manufacturer Support: haven't needed any

"What a Mic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted May 3, 2006

Music Style: Urban Rap / Hip Hop / RnB
Sound: You gotta love that Neuman tone. Think Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, Aaliyah, Didi, Missy E, Jamie Foxx, too many to mention. I bought this mic for that specific tone, which no other mic has. All Neumanns have a similiar tone, and the 103 is very much like the classic U87. It is very responsive to EQ, and it doesnt affect the sound to make it bad. I use this mic as my main go to mic for soulful female vocals. I put it through a Neve pre and eq, and it sounds off the chain. Feature: No onboard features = less fuss = Start recording radio Hits. Ease of Use: 48v and thats it...start recording. Quality: Crafted with accuracy, and finished like smooth silk. Value: Worth every cent, and more. Manufacturer Support: Never need any support for this mic. Built like a tank. The Wow Factor: The most sexiest looking mic on the planet. You walk into the booth, and you see this beauty...and wow. Overall: The best solid state mic with a warm yet open sound. Its not a harsh mic like the cheap chinese mics from SE or Studio Projects, etc. Its a solid German performer with a big open airy sound.

"QUALITYWISE,THIS IS NOT A TYPICAL MIC FROM NEUMANN." submitted March 18, 2005

By a customer from NETSCAPE.NET
Musical Background: RECORDING ENGINEER,MUSICIAN 40 YEARS
Music Style: VARIOUS
Sound: I OWN A TLM 103. IT'S OK- THIS MIC HAS TOO MANY LOW MIDS TO THE DEGREE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A DECENT MIC PRE YOU'LL BE LET DOWN DUE TO THE MIDRANGY,BOXINESS TYPE SOUND. THER IS AN I.C. CHIP ON THE BOARD INSIDE THE MICROPHONE WHICH IS USED IN THE TRANSFORMERLESS DESIGN OF THIS MICROPHONE. I.C. CHIPS USED AS OP AMPS ADD HARSHNESS TO THE SOUND AND ARE NOT USED IN HIGH QUALITY DESIGNS. ANY AUDIOPHILE WILL TELL YOU THE SAME. THIS MIC IS ALSO OVERPRICED.IT LACKS NOT HAVING A ROLLOFF OR ATTENUATOR. NEUMANN BETTER WAKE UP WITH THEIR PRICING OR ELSE THY'LL BE LOSING OUT IN THE MARKET TO COMPANIES LIKE RODE AND AKG. TRY COMPARING A 200 DOLLAR RODE NT1A TO THIS MIC USING STUDIO MONITORS OR HEADPHONES AND YOU'LL AGREE. Feature: IT LACKS FEATURES MENTIONED ABOVE. IT LACKS EVEN SOUND. Quality: USING AN I.C. CHIP OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIER CHIP IN THE TRANFORMERLESS DESIGN OF THIS MIC TAKES AWAY FROM THE SOUND OF THIS MIC.ANY AUDIO PRO WILL TELL YOU THAT INTEGRATED CIRCUIT OP AMPS ARE NOT USED IN QUALITY DESIGNS SUCH AS MICROPHONES,MIC PREAMPS ETC. THAT'S WHY THE U87I THAT NEUMANN MAKES DOES NOT EMPLY I.C'S , DISCRETE COMPONENTS ARE USED. ANOTHER WORDS DISCRETE TRANSISTORS,RESISTORS,CAPACITORS ARE USED .MOST CONSUMERS WILL GET SUCKED IN BECAUSE THEY SEE THE NEUMANN LOGO ON THE TLM103 AND THINK ALL IS WELL....(EXCEPT FOR THE QUALITY, PRICE AND THE SOUND) Value: IT'S OVERPRICED CONSIDERING WHAT YOU GET. THIS MIC SHOULD BE SOLD FOR MUCH LESS CONSIDERING WHAT IT LACKS.NO ROLLOFF AND NO ATTENUATOR. BOXY MIDS AND HIGHS THAT NEED TO BE ADDED BY ABOUT 4 dB TO GET A HALF ASSED SOUND. Manufacturer Support: I HAVEN'T HAD TO DEAL WITH NEUMANN. The Wow Factor: I'M TRULY SORRY I BOUGHT THE TLM103. Overall: I AM DISATISFIED WITH THIS MIC. THE SOUND IS MEDIOCRE AT BEST.

"not a bad mic,for the money????" submitted October 11, 2006

Musical Background: recording artist
Sound: overall ,it sounds ok,but should be stunning at this price!! Feature: there's no bass roll-off or pad !!! what features??? Ease of Use: as easy as any mic costing 20 bucks ,as long as you don't require a roll-off or pad !! Quality: it as good as any Chinese mic .

When you call, mention priority code 14JY-49J4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976