When you call, mention priority code 15H9-QXRP

Rating and Reviews: Neumann KMS 105 Mic

The Neumann KMS 105 brings the legendary Neumann studio sound to the stage with high SPL capabilities, low handling noise and excellent feedback rejection.

"You get what you pay for." submitted October 22, 2007

Musical Background: Vocalist
Music Style: Pop, Lounge, R&B.
Sound: Folks, don't believe those negative reviews on this microphone. I get the feeling someone from Shure is impersonating a disgruntled customer so they can get people to buy their Beta 87's. Lol. I've used this microphone and I can tell you it is the best handheld mic out there for that price. I do studio recording at home and I'm baffled by the level of clarity this mic has. I regularly use a Rode K2 on an Avalon 737sp and I have excellent results, but when I need something handheld to get more of a 'live' sound effect, this is my go-to mic. I own other mics (including the Shure Beta 87) and this is simply the best handheld in my arsenal. I've also used it on live shows and it sounds fantastic! The built in bass roll off is definitely a plus! When you have a high quality pa system & speakers and are looking to get a more accurate sound instead of a fake boomy proximity effect you get on the others, then this is the perfect mic for you. This is a FULL range mic that sounds very glassy!...and there's a very unique sparkle around the 10Khz region that makes me want to drop my pants and make love to it. You just have to hear it to understand. Feature: Comes with a case and a mic clip. Ease of Use: Simple to use, just plug it into a phantom powered preamp and go. Quality: It's a Neumann. Value: The price is very reasonable considering it's a Neumann. Manufacturer Support: I've never needed support from them. -- They have a good reputation for taking care of their customers and I have peace of mind. The Wow Factor: The black one in particular is NOT a flashy mic. Big flashy silver mics are a distraction for the listeners, especially when you wear a dark colored suit. This mic hides itself pretty well against your evening attire. Overall: I would definitely replace this mic is it was ever lost or stolen. Same brand, same color, same model number.
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It's a whole new world" submitted August 5, 2013

By Denny A
Overall
Musical Background: Playing acoustic guitar with vocals live for years, on and off. Broadcaster for 30+ years.
Music Style: Country, pop, classic rock.
Overall: There are some very good dynamic mics for playing live, I don't dispute that. I read reviews on all of them and those reviews were not unanimous favoring any single mic, so I kept reading. After many years in broadcasting and voice over work, I always found Neumann mics to be favored in the larger studios, many Sennheisers too; so I started looking at those brands with the thought that if I could get a condenser for stage use, that is what I would do. Enter the KMS105. It was like taking a pillow off my voice. I love this mic and use it at every gig with NO problems, period. You will have to do a couple things before your experience is what you hope for. First, you'll need to know that you don't have to eat the mic, second, you'll want to record yourself and perhaps work on some things like how you end words. DO work with it before you take it out, you WILL find things in your voice you didn't know were there; good and bad - it brings them all out. The best thing I can say though is, this is an instrument that you will want to learn to play and play well. It will change your entire performance for the better. It will add clarity and quality and the words will cut through the mix so everyone will enjoy your show. I use in-ear monitors and I sometimes catch myself listening to them and smiling during a song because this mic sounds that good.

Neumann KMS 105 Mic Customer Review submitted August 8, 2011

By a customer from citlink.net
Music Style: Old Standards and classic light rock
Sound: I have owned this mic for about 6 years and I would NEVER want to sing with anything else. In fact, I always dread being asked to come up to any mic that is not this one. It gives me such confidence because I feel it makes me sound so much better than I am. The clarity is amazing and I have a soft voice and it picks up the low notes that I cannot push through any other mic as well. I simply LOVE IT and say it is worth every single dollar!!

"Best Stage Mic Ive ever used" submitted August 7, 2012

By Peter Naughton in Neptune City, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar and singing professionally for over thirty years
Music Style: I cover quite quite a bit of ground. If I'm sitting on a blue couch I'll turn blue. Ive always prided myself on being able to ho
Overall: I've been playing out in bands solo, duos trios etc for about 30 years and have always been considered an excellent singer. I'm also a gear slut and sound freak. I thought I had found the perfect mic in a Sennheiser . I surrendered and purchased the Neumann KMS 105 to use with my Bose L1 Model 2 system. Simply the best my voice has ever sounded on stage. It's a studio quality condenser mic with the rugged construction of a Shure SM58. It actually pulls the notes right out of me. IAfter long gigs my voice is fresh and ready for the next one. No straining at all. The Bose ToneMatch Preset for this mic is perfect but I get the feeling it requires very little EQ. I do very long sets some nights two two hour and fifteen minute sets and this mic has been a voice savor. I'm purchasing the 104 for my female partner. Right now she's on the Shure Beta 87 condenser and the difference jumps out at you. This will be my mic for life as far as vocals go. Well worth the money just make sure you get quality cables obviously. The system is only as good as its weakest link so why put a $25 cable on a $700 mic. Can't wait to hear us when all three vocalists in the trio are using the Neumann 105 or 4s.

"AWESOME MIC!!!!!" submitted December 10, 2008

By a customer from monicawoodard.com
Music Style: singer/songwriter
Sound: This is the best live mic I've ever used! The sound is phenomenal. I use a Bose PS1 and didn't know how great my vocals could sound until I bought the 105. I also have a Beta 87A, but it can't touch this mic. Feature: love the carrying pouch Ease of Use: Little eq needed, great balance. Quality: Looks well made, should prove road worthy. Value: Worth the money!! Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with the company. Overall: I would buy another one if this one failed or was stolen.

"Neumann VS. Shure VS. Sennheiser. side by side vocal test before I bought it." submitted June 16, 2012

By Lola Tatlyan in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: since 5 y.o. professional, classically trained,own a recording studio.
Overall: To start with, and don't get me wrong: we are going to talk about the superior microphones by all definitions. The question is which one suits better my vocals. I am a female vocalist and a composer/producer, so having great ears for me is crucial. I wanted to find THE MIC,the one and only for live stage performances. And since I am already spoiled with great quality mics via having my own studio, I knew it would not be easy.Having read everything about the mics in question,talking to everyone I found, I finally pre-ordered all three from a Sam Ash store to conduct my test before taking one of them home. And the winner is.......Neumann KMS 105...Hand-held condenser microphone designed for the use on stage...It is like having to sing into a studio micrphone,which you put on stage..However, this one is built to withstand the demands of a stage. And yes, it is harder to sing in it, as this micrphone is non-forgiving at all. But...What a beauty...Depth,warmth, details, air,space...I am in love with it...I already have Neumann in my studio,but can't sing into it on stage,while with this one I can do both recordings and live-performances. I tested all three side by side through the same vocal monitor by Behringer.All three are hand held condensers,top line,high end,premium quality microphones.. Shure KSM 9 was muddy and dull for me. Sennheiser e965 is a great mic by all definitions, no wonder it is used in American idol show. As for its sound,it is bright,oh yes, but there is no space. It is like it is not filling up the whole space,but it is an amazing sounding mic! And then,there is Neumann...Tested side by side,there is a difference,obvious difference. Three ppl in the room unanimously said the same thing.( for those who stand by dinamic mics I will say I have one by Shure and....I prefer condensers) So tonight I surrendered to Germans....ahahahaa.Neumann is made in Germany,put together in Germany and all that. I am in love with this baby and getting in-ear PA monitoring will give me most control along with my own mxer and processor. After everything is done, I should feel totally safe and can rely on the equipment even if there is no sound guy. The best thing about Neumann - you practically don't need to do anything about it, it already sounds amazing. And with the reliable equipement I should feel all the joy from live performance and have all the fun and deliver my best to my audience.Alliluya as they say....!!!!!!!!

"Stay away from it as far is posible not worth the money. Rather buy an less costly mic then this." submitted November 19, 2005

Music Style: Alternative
Quality: I have it for a 20 months and it stop working while i was singing on the stage... hhrrrrrrrrrr???? Manufacturer Support: I sent e-mails to the company never have a response....paid around $1000 for it and is not worth the money. I also own a sennheiser mic for more then 12 years and paid $400 and still works perfect

"not a wonder mic" submitted May 4, 2003

Music Style: acoustic roudy folk
Sound: I didn't like it, but don't like any mic with a bass roll off. almost all mixers have a roll off button so why have it on a mic. I enjoy a full range mic for vocals in an acoustic instrument environment. like the rode nt3 The Wow Factor: many people are impressed with it: sound guys and unknowing musicians. Overall: I might use it for female vocals, but not for male and not for acoustic bands.

When you call, mention priority code 15H9-QXRP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976