866-ZZOUNDS (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 20F-P41R

Rating and Reviews: NI Maschine MK2

Get the second-gen edition of the groove machine that changed it all! The Maschine MK2 delivers improved responsiveness, updated software, and color-coding.

"This thing is a monster" submitted November 25, 2015

By Jesse W in Decatur, IL
Musical Background: I have been producing for over 13 years
Music Style: Hip Hop/ Drill/ Trap
Overall: Ive owned the MPC2500 for the last 8 or 9 years and have had JJOS the whole time, so my review will be in comparison of the 2 since this is what most new users are wanting to know. First thing is appearance...Maschine MK2 looks very similar to the MPC in my opinion, which I always felt was attractive, but has some noticeable differences. The Maschine has 2 screens with black backlight and white foreground which is easier on the eyes than the yellow screen of MPC. Also, the 2 screens make editing, browsing, and everything else so much faster because you are not constantly searching for screens or pages i.e. the Window button on MPC. Secondly, the 16 pads of Maschine are lighted by colorful l.e.d.'s that can be changed individually or as a whole to suit your taste. Speaking of the pads, there is a night and day difference between the feel of maschine and mpc pads. The maschine pads are very sensitive which makes playing in keyboard mode much easier and realistic, where as Mpc pads need to be tapped much harder and sometimes difficult to progress through pads fluently while in 16 levels. Maschine also has a nice little feature in keyboard mode that allows you to play chords with the touch of a single pad, and is adjustable by scale, major, minor, etc. Its just one of the many things that help inspire and speed up workflow.Sounds, sounds, sounds....now this is where I became sold on the Maschine. With Mpc all your sounds are samples, usually 1 shots, that have to be manually loaded from a memory card or directly sampled. Not with Maschine...since the Maschine is connected to your computer, all of your sounds are accessible from the hardware. But thats not all...Maschine even loads your VST/AU instruments (i.e. Kontakt, Massive, etc.) and the adjustable parameters are directly linked to the knobs on Maschine. This is major. Its something MPC users would have killed for. Now to talk about sampling...I have only sampled with Maschine once and it was pretty much straight forward. While manually slicing though, I noticed a little hitch...so heres a scenario: you have a large sample and as you adjust your slices end points you start overlapping the next slices. Now you have to go to the next slices start point(which is now earlier than your previous slice) and bring it to where you want your next slice to start...the problem is that doing this will lock the previous slices end point to this slices start point and now you have to go back to the previous slice and readjust the end point. If you are slicing around unwanted material, this is a PITA. Its almost like you have to start at the end of the sample and work backwards. But like I said, Ive only sampled with it one time so this may purely be user error or a just a learning curve. If you own or use MPC, then you know that they are a beast when it comes to sampling. Theres nothing more I can say.Now the number 1 question: Does Maschine replace the MPC? And the answer most likely is YES. Although I havent touched my MPC since I got the Maschine MK2, Im not quite ready to get rid of my MPC. Maybe its just nostalgia, or the fact that I know how powerful the MPC truly is, but it will forever have a home in my studio. Plus I have a feeling that vintage synths and samplers will become popular again in the future...as a way for the next generation to get back to the roots. So, in conclusion I highly recommend Maschine to anyone wanting to take their music and creativity to the next level. Ive only owned it for a couple weeks and I am amazed, I love it! There is so much more this thing can do, just watch youtube or NI TruTorials...if you have a heartbeat then you will be inspired, I guarantee it.

"My Go to for Production" submitted June 6, 2013

By Rasool M in UpperMarlboro, MD
Musical Background: 18 years as Hip-Hop producer
Music Style: Hip-Hop & R&B
Overall: I been on Maschine for four months now and have to give it a review. If you want flexibility this is a must have, I made over 90 productions on the Maschine and all went straight out the door . the work flow is so fast any novice can learn it. Only complaint is the template for different DAW's don't cross over from the first edition and it comes with a watered down version of NI Komplete. Other then that you can cover any type of music you choose to produce with this product. My MPC is now a memory.

"The best so far!!!" submitted March 28, 2014

By Ron Jones in Wabasso, FL
Overall
Musical Background: inspiring music producer, making beats for five years.
Music Style: hip-hop, r&b, a little rock, a liltle dub-step, rap, trap music,
Overall: Overall it is a wonderful product to use and it makes my workflow more easy to just create and brainstorm with different sounds and styles. I could do everything all on one hardware and software and make quality beats that ready to go out as soon as I am done with them. It does take a little while to get use to but other than that it is a wonderful product.

"Throw all your other production equipmpent in the trash" submitted April 27, 2016

By Damion W in Atlanta, GA
Musical Background: Producer and Engineer
Music Style: Rap, Trap, R&B, Hip Hop
Overall: I came from using Reason and Ableton to make beats and since I started using the Maschine I don't even want to look at another piece of equipment. You can literally do anything you can think of plus more with this thing. Chop up samples, build you own kits, hook up to a keyboard, use smart play in piano mode, create new sounds, never get tired. There's nothing more dope on the market. Period. I never used an MPC so I cant realistically compare the two but from using this, I don't think it can come close to what the Maschine can do. When people say they use FL Studio or an MPC I laugh to myself and think, "they don't even know." I contemplated on getting this for months before I actually bought it but I've been using if for over a year now and everything about my production is better. If you're thinking about buying it and have the patience to learn how to use it, get it. Stop playing with yourself and get it. Don't get the mikro or the Mk2, get the Studio. Just do it. Thank me later

"Maschine MK2" submitted November 28, 2012

By Jason Gupton in Russellville , KY
Overall
Music Style: EDM: House, trip hop, breaks, glitch hop.
Overall: I love my MK2. The pads feel more responsive than the pads on my MK1. The new screens are awesome. I've recommended zZounds to all of my friends. Can't beat the payment plan at all. I think it's very cool to get the gear you want now and pay in monthly installments. If you're a musician with kids or you're on a tight budget, it works out like a dream.
19 of 21 people (90.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"zZounds and Maschine mk2 are AMAZING!!" submitted December 6, 2013

By Craig M in Chelsea, AL
Overall
Musical Background: DJ since '91. Remix artist / producer since '99.
Music Style: Breaks, Progressive House/Trance and Tech House.
Overall: Maschine mk2 is awesome and zZounds payment plan with super fast shipping is fantastic! New customer 4 life! Been telling my friends they need to order this too.

"Maschine MK2 Purchase" submitted June 29, 2016

By Michael C in Tyler, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I am an emerging music producer. I have experience playing keys for churches for 18yrs.
Music Style: Christian, R&B, Neo Soul, Jazz, Rap, Country
Overall: I loved my experience with zZounds!!! My Maschine came quickly to me in the mail. Their staff was helpful when I called with one personal concern. They will continue to get my business!!!

"Best option for me" submitted February 9, 2016

By Chad osborne in buffalo, MN
Overall
Overall: Awesome, the sounds that come with it are enough to do anything u want with. Is comes with komplete selection, but it's upgraded to Komplete select which adds more free stuff.

"Maschine rocks!!!" submitted June 11, 2014

By chris m in Brooklyn, NY
Music Style: Hip hop producer
Overall: Got this baby from zzounds i must say i love the service and the maschine 2.0 software is the bomb!!!

"Maschine MkII, The Standalone Killer" submitted April 22, 2013

By a customer from hotmail.com in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing piano and percussion off and on for almost 10 years now.
Music Style: Space-Synth Khoomi
Overall: Literally couldn't ask for more in my first drum machine. I love it so much, I've probably slept a total of 2hrs since i've gotten it.The only thing you have to worry about, is there is a learning curve if this is your first drum machine and some things take some time getting used to. But that's the best part. Learning to master this piece of beautiful metal, pad and knobs then turning it over and making it your b***h.After a bit of practice and maybe youtube tutorial combing, you'll be screaming out, "Who's your daddy" in no time.And with zzounds payment plans, why wait? Be a daddy today!As far as the product, pads are super responsive. There's been a few times where i've actually had to go in and turn the sensitivity down because I was jamming so hard and it was double-noting.It comes with a good set of sounds and software like komplete 8 and massive i believe. Alot of good producers use massive. Massive almost has no limits.You'll eventually want to build upon the already apparent library if you don't already have one. It gets tired fast. NI has packs that you can buy for about $50-$60 i think. It's worth every dollar.HOLLAR BACK!!!that it unless you ain't no hollarback girl.then, unfortunately, i would understand.-C.

"NI maschine MK2 " submitted May 19, 2014

By Ravikant Netam in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: 5 Years and I like trance and electronic
Music Style: Electonics
Overall: It was a amazing buying experience with ZZsounds. Iits a great place to buy your future items.

"Decent Controller, Greedy Company, Terrible Customer Service" submitted December 3, 2013

By Street L in Austin, TX
Overall
Overall: The Good: Though the Maschine MKII controller is my first and most likely will be my only purchase from Native Instruments, the software that comes with it is not nearly as intuitive as Ableton, however I experienced no trouble with the set-up and the work flow is, all-in-all alright. Though I mainly use it for percussive beats and sampling pre-set sounds with my Akai MPK-49, I can only comment that when it came for me to cut my own samples, it really wasn't the best experience as it's (awkwardly) touchy (something NI boasts) and isn't that accurate when using the nobs on the MK2. It has great pads and a thorough instruction manual for understanding how to use the software and hardware (the Maschine itself) so that's a definite plus and a large sound library. The Mediocre: Their sound library and expansions..kinda cheesy and a lot of pre-sampled junk and a lack of synth samples. Also their Massive synth is awkward to use and has to be used with a computer. The Bad/Greedy: It's ridiculous that they charge $99 for the upgrade to previous MK2 owners and only give it for free to new owners-- I don't think it's good business sense to penalize those loyal to a product and charge them for an UPGRADE. I'm an economist so it seems obvious they're strong-arming they're current customers because they've already had a sunk cost of $600 from purchasing this. In addition to this, if you upgraded to v2.0 and received $25, you can only use it on FULL-PRICE items. I called NI and complained to them that they don't have ANY information on their page explaining this technicality, they told me 'We don't need to inform customers of what they can spend their voucher until AFTER they've made their purchase.' That's a bait and switch. After having to upgrade and intending to use the $25 on their 'Thanksgiving Special' I'm no longer allowed to use the $25 on their 50%-off $24.50 expansion but HAVE to wait for it to go up $25, so then I can spend that money on a $50 item-- that's ridiculous, I might as well have never gotten that money in the first place. The customer service guy just kept repeating that information not trying to meet me half-way so I just had to say good-by and hang-up. My advice: If there is any affordable hardware controller then it's this hardware (unfortunately) put out by NI (unfortunately Ableton Push is still just a glorified midi-controller). Get the controller, sure, but go straight to Ableton Live for software and sound libraries (There is a controller template to use this with Ableton Live). Just don't give this misleading company any more money than you have to.

"This makes my creative life EASIER!!!!!" submitted December 9, 2013

By Kyn Mahone in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: Keys, Drums
Music Style: Jazz, Alternative R&B, House, Gospel
Overall: I've used a couple other apps like this and Maschine takes the prize. First off, it's easy to pick the sounds I want and even import sounds from 3rd parties. Then, seeing that I use this live on stage...I expect the play button to start on the 1. The other programs I tried are always late, but when I hit play on Maschine...it starts ON THE ONE!!!!! There's a lot to Maschine to learn, but it's sooooooo worth it!!!!!

"Great Service, Fast and Friendly!" submitted December 2, 2012

By a customer from hotmail.com in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Getting into electronic music, jamming at home.
Overall: Great selection, prices and customer service. Also, I needed to call customer service twice concerning my order for reasons on my end and each time I spoke with a different friendly person who gladly handled my issue. My package arrived on time no delays.

"Great Service, Fast and Friendly!" submitted December 2, 2012

By a customer from hotmail.com in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Getting into electronic music, jamming at home.

866-zZounds (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 20F-P41R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976

Seen it for less somewhere else? Get it for less at zZounds. Simply click the “Seen it for less?” link on any product page and as long as we‘re not losing money, we‘ll beat any legitimate competitor‘s lowest price, usually within two hours. Want our best price even faster? Call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll provide you with a lower price on the phone. Also, if you purchase from us and later find the product for less elsewhere, call or email us within 45 days, and we‘ll refund you the difference.

Buy it, try it, like it, or return it to us for a full refund. It‘s just that simple. If you‘re not in love with what you bought, return it to zZounds within 45 days, and we‘ll promptly arrange for an exchange or a refund. No hassles. No hidden charges. And if a product‘s defective or damaged, call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll email you a prepaid shipping label so you can easily return it to us at zero cost to you.

Simply click the Seen it for less? link next to the gear you want or call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637)