When you call, mention priority code 176T-PBKH

Rating and Reviews: NI Maschine MK2

Get an updated version of the performance tool that changed it all. The Maschine MK2 delivers improved responsiveness, updated software, and color-coding.

"My Go to for Production" submitted June 6, 2013

By Rasool M in UpperMarlboro, MD
Musical Background: 18 years as Hip-Hop producer
Music Style: Hip-Hop & R&B
Overall: I been on Maschine for four months now and have to give it a review. If you want flexibility this is a must have, I made over 90 productions on the Maschine and all went straight out the door . the work flow is so fast any novice can learn it. Only complaint is the template for different DAW's don't cross over from the first edition and it comes with a watered down version of NI Komplete. Other then that you can cover any type of music you choose to produce with this product. My MPC is now a memory.

"Maschine MK2" submitted November 28, 2012

By Jason Gupton in Russellville , KY
Overall
Music Style: EDM: House, trip hop, breaks, glitch hop.
Overall: I love my MK2. The pads feel more responsive than the pads on my MK1. The new screens are awesome. I've recommended zZounds to all of my friends. Can't beat the payment plan at all. I think it's very cool to get the gear you want now and pay in monthly installments. If you're a musician with kids or you're on a tight budget, it works out like a dream.

"The best so far!!!" submitted March 28, 2014

By Ron Jones in Wabasso, FL
Overall
Musical Background: inspiring music producer, making beats for five years.
Music Style: hip-hop, r&b, a little rock, a liltle dub-step, rap, trap music,
Overall: Overall it is a wonderful product to use and it makes my workflow more easy to just create and brainstorm with different sounds and styles. I could do everything all on one hardware and software and make quality beats that ready to go out as soon as I am done with them. It does take a little while to get use to but other than that it is a wonderful product.

"zZounds and Maschine mk2 are AMAZING!!" submitted December 6, 2013

By Craig M in Chelsea, AL
Overall
Musical Background: DJ since '91. Remix artist / producer since '99.
Music Style: Breaks, Progressive House/Trance and Tech House.
Overall: Maschine mk2 is awesome and zZounds payment plan with super fast shipping is fantastic! New customer 4 life! Been telling my friends they need to order this too.

"Decent Controller, Greedy Company, Terrible Customer Service" submitted December 3, 2013

By Street L in Austin, TX
Overall
Overall: The Good: Though the Maschine MKII controller is my first and most likely will be my only purchase from Native Instruments, the software that comes with it is not nearly as intuitive as Ableton, however I experienced no trouble with the set-up and the work flow is, all-in-all alright. Though I mainly use it for percussive beats and sampling pre-set sounds with my Akai MPK-49, I can only comment that when it came for me to cut my own samples, it really wasn't the best experience as it's (awkwardly) touchy (something NI boasts) and isn't that accurate when using the nobs on the MK2. It has great pads and a thorough instruction manual for understanding how to use the software and hardware (the Maschine itself) so that's a definite plus and a large sound library. The Mediocre: Their sound library and expansions..kinda cheesy and a lot of pre-sampled junk and a lack of synth samples. Also their Massive synth is awkward to use and has to be used with a computer. The Bad/Greedy: It's ridiculous that they charge $99 for the upgrade to previous MK2 owners and only give it for free to new owners-- I don't think it's good business sense to penalize those loyal to a product and charge them for an UPGRADE. I'm an economist so it seems obvious they're strong-arming they're current customers because they've already had a sunk cost of $600 from purchasing this. In addition to this, if you upgraded to v2.0 and received $25, you can only use it on FULL-PRICE items. I called NI and complained to them that they don't have ANY information on their page explaining this technicality, they told me 'We don't need to inform customers of what they can spend their voucher until AFTER they've made their purchase.' That's a bait and switch. After having to upgrade and intending to use the $25 on their 'Thanksgiving Special' I'm no longer allowed to use the $25 on their 50%-off $24.50 expansion but HAVE to wait for it to go up $25, so then I can spend that money on a $50 item-- that's ridiculous, I might as well have never gotten that money in the first place. The customer service guy just kept repeating that information not trying to meet me half-way so I just had to say good-by and hang-up. My advice: If there is any affordable hardware controller then it's this hardware (unfortunately) put out by NI (unfortunately Ableton Push is still just a glorified midi-controller). Get the controller, sure, but go straight to Ableton Live for software and sound libraries (There is a controller template to use this with Ableton Live). Just don't give this misleading company any more money than you have to.

"Maschine MkII, The Standalone Killer" submitted April 22, 2013

By a customer from hotmail.com in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing piano and percussion off and on for almost 10 years now.
Music Style: Space-Synth Khoomi
Overall: Literally couldn't ask for more in my first drum machine. I love it so much, I've probably slept a total of 2hrs since i've gotten it.The only thing you have to worry about, is there is a learning curve if this is your first drum machine and some things take some time getting used to. But that's the best part. Learning to master this piece of beautiful metal, pad and knobs then turning it over and making it your b***h.After a bit of practice and maybe youtube tutorial combing, you'll be screaming out, "Who's your daddy" in no time.And with zzounds payment plans, why wait? Be a daddy today!As far as the product, pads are super responsive. There's been a few times where i've actually had to go in and turn the sensitivity down because I was jamming so hard and it was double-noting.It comes with a good set of sounds and software like komplete 8 and massive i believe. Alot of good producers use massive. Massive almost has no limits.You'll eventually want to build upon the already apparent library if you don't already have one. It gets tired fast. NI has packs that you can buy for about $50-$60 i think. It's worth every dollar.HOLLAR BACK!!!that it unless you ain't no hollarback girl.then, unfortunately, i would understand.-C.

"Maschine rocks!!!" submitted June 11, 2014

By chris m in Brooklyn, NY
Music Style: Hip hop producer
Overall: Got this baby from zzounds i must say i love the service and the maschine 2.0 software is the bomb!!!

"NI maschine MK2 " submitted May 19, 2014

By Ravikant Netam in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: 5 Years and I like trance and electronic
Music Style: Electonics
Overall: It was a amazing buying experience with ZZsounds. Iits a great place to buy your future items.

"This makes my creative life EASIER!!!!!" submitted December 9, 2013

By Kyn Mahone in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: Keys, Drums
Music Style: Jazz, Alternative R&B, House, Gospel
Overall: I've used a couple other apps like this and Maschine takes the prize. First off, it's easy to pick the sounds I want and even import sounds from 3rd parties. Then, seeing that I use this live on stage...I expect the play button to start on the 1. The other programs I tried are always late, but when I hit play on Maschine...it starts ON THE ONE!!!!! There's a lot to Maschine to learn, but it's sooooooo worth it!!!!!

"Great Service, Fast and Friendly!" submitted December 2, 2012

By a customer from hotmail.com in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Getting into electronic music, jamming at home.
Overall: Great selection, prices and customer service. Also, I needed to call customer service twice concerning my order for reasons on my end and each time I spoke with a different friendly person who gladly handled my issue. My package arrived on time no delays.

"Great Service, Fast and Friendly!" submitted December 2, 2012

By a customer from hotmail.com in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Getting into electronic music, jamming at home.

When you call, mention priority code 176T-PBKH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976