When you call, mention priority code 154Y-6XRG

Rating and Reviews: MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive

Stomp your way into the loud, crushing world of Zakk Wylde. This overdrive pedal delivers that screaming, sustaining lead tone that Wylde is known for.

"Buy this pedal. Buy it NOW" submitted August 11, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Punk, Metalcore, Death Metal, any kind of rock that suits my mood.
Sound: Perfect for pinch harmonics wylde style! I play in a hardcore punk/metalcore band and this baby is the only overdrive i'll ever use. Feature: It eats the hell out of batteries, but an adapter solves that problem. Quality: This is one hard to break pedal. Among my bandmates, i'm known for getting frustrated and throwing pieces of equipment across the room, but this thing never breaks. Value: This pedal is definitely worth the money. No questions asked. Manufacturer Support: I never needed to call support. The Wow Factor: Hell, the pedal even looks awesome. Nothing can beat the bullseye paintjob on anything. Even the switch has the perfect sensitivity and everything was put together perfectly. Overall: I dont think I'll need another overdrive pedal. This pedal can get any sound from any other overdrive pedal out there anyway. If I ever lost this pedal, I'd definitely buy another.

"Quality product!" submitted February 6, 2005

Overall
Sound: Makes my line 16 amp sound better. Smooth sounding. More sustain. Some of the distortions on my amp that I did not like before sound better now. Quality sound. Quality: Made of metal. Unbreakable. Value: Better than the constrictor for the same price. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to return the pedal. The Wow Factor: I read the ratings before I decided. Overall: Excellent. I can fine tune my amp to the exact sound I want.

"Adds the right amount of push for my Marshall" submitted December 10, 2012

By Patrick T in Reno, NV
Musical Background: Guitar
Music Style: Hard Rock / Metal
Overall: I have a Marshall DSL100 head running thru 2 nice cabs. The head is truly great, but I wanted a little more UUUUMPH!! I was thinking about a Boss EQ pedal, but opted for the MXR after reading many user reviews. I added it to my pedal board over the weekend and haven't looked back. The guys in the band stopped and looked at me with amazment when I hit the pedal. I am running the MXR pedal with my Marshall gain (not via the Clean Channel). I adjusted the volume and tone slightly (on the pedal) and bumped up the gain. It doesn't change my Marshall tone, just enhances it which is what I wanted. I play high end ESP guitars with EMG 81's and I don't sound like Zakk Wylde with this pedal in the mix. I retain my own sound and have a nice, heavy crunch. If you want more push, get this pedal. Be sure to use good patch cables.

"Wylde about it" submitted March 2, 2011

Overall
Sound: I'm a tone hound. I was a bit leary of getting a signature stomp-box. I'm glad I let my gut feeling take over. I love Wylde's sound, but didn't want it to be mine. I played it with EMG pups and a Marshall and the sound was pure Zakk Wylde. I plugged my strat into a VOXAC/15C1,and suddenly a new sonic adventure ensued. Tweak, and this box is awesome. Feature: No accessories, but I don't think you really need any. The knobs are self-explanatoy. Listen and use your own sense of ear. Ease of Use: Plug in any guitar. I've plugged in a Gison ES-137, an Epiphone Casino, American Standard strats and teles. Nothing to learn. They all sound great. Quality: I've stepped on it several times and it did what it was supposed to do. You tell me how reliable it will be. Value: Worth it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: As far as stomp-boxes go, I would recommend this one. I look for tone, and haven't found one to round out my single coil pups. This one does, and not at the expense of sounding like someone else. Overall: I always look for tone. I'm not getting rid of this one, though. Makes my single coils sound like they've grown up.

"Apsolutely Awesome the best overdrive pedal you could buy" submitted November 29, 2007

Music Style: metal - anything black label
Sound: the most amazing bone crunching,sound especailly when already on your distortion, and OMG you can get the most ear splitting pinch harmonics out of it. Even when you have it on clean you get a pristine qaulity sound and you can jazz it up to get it ti sound however the f**k you want it to. Feature: Dont get alot of features but what you have got are top qaulity Ease of Use: very very simple to use, easy to use straight away and very quick to get that perfect sound you want. Quality: What can i say ??? ..... Made of really durable metal very good qaulity amd its lasted me years and still going as good as new Value: It is exspensive however its zakk wylde so its worth the money The Wow Factor: For me the best sound in music is a pinch harmonic and as i said before they are ear splitting pieces of heaven to hear apsolutely awesome. Overall: Im forever going to be satisfied with this product for the 100 years especially at the price i paid

"Pretty neat, tough, strong and amazing little bastard..." submitted October 27, 2007

Musical Background: Pro musician
Music Style: classic and hard rock
Sound: The sound of this pedal is pretty neat... is the standard distortion everybody has to use... incredible product. I just tried out today and I'm trying to sell my DS-2 to get it... It doesn't affect the true output or the signal of the sound and still responds to high-gain humbuckers and provides power to single-coiled pickups pretty well too... Feature: every feature is easy to use and provides the player with a wide range of possibilities to create a unique sound.. without affecting any sound quality. The most useful feature I found was, besides the great distortion it can pull off, the output knob was very useful since every guitar has its own output and with this, you can regulate the gain produced by the pedal... very nice Ease of Use: there is no need to spend a lot of time moving around knobs to get a great sound out of it... every combination works out great and if you wanna change it... just a slight movement to any knob pulls out a different tone.. Quality: Since it is made of metal it is pretty tough when it comes to road work, plus its size makes it even better to move around. The only flaw it has for road work is that you may have to have it in a pedal board since it doesn't have any grip holders to keep it from moving around when you click it.. just for that I give it an 8 Value: The price of the product could be quite lower... say, if they lower the price, they could sell more units and that would be even better for the company... The Wow Factor: The design is simple, smooth, retro, and the graphics are amazing... pretty simple and very nice... Overall: 10, only if I get it at a great price and if when I use it on stage it won't be moving around..

MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive Customer Review submitted December 27, 2006

Music Style: Classic rock to metal
Sound: sounds like the brit rock overdrive with slight gain, and with the full gain, you are ready to rock with a massive sounding badass amp!!! Feature: i think it needs more knobs for more possibilities of tone Ease of Use: Ease of use??? its a stomp box -_- Quality: sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good Value: GET IT NOW!!! Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it The Wow Factor: Looks cool with the wylde circle things Overall: BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its worth every penny

"like to play rock? metal? even blues? this baby will give u the boost for n e of those genres." submitted March 21, 2005

Overall
Music Style: straight up ROCK AND ROLL, although i'm very well rounded in all genres
Sound: this pedal makes my gibson les paul with zakk wylde emg pickups and marshall halfstack sound AMAZING, this pedal gives u so much boost on ur distortion that it'll wake the neighbors in no time...this baby rocks, PERIOD. Feature: knobs are there, easily accessible, thats it, lol. Quality: bulletproof Value: worth the money u pay for it Manufacturer Support: havent dealt with mxr yet Overall: AWESOME

"Wylde pedal" submitted March 28, 2007

Musical Background: in a band
Music Style: rock, metal
Sound: Very powerful sound. Need right equipment to sound like zakk wylde, though. Great. Feature: Perfect. very easy to change the sound. Ease of Use: Very easy Quality: Very well built Value: 99$ is great- I paid 175$ though. Manufacturer Support: Good The Wow Factor: Looks great with the wylde graphics Overall: Great pedal

"Slamming Pedal" submitted September 29, 2004

Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Metal
Sound: The only reason you wont like this pedal is if you don't know how to use your gear. Play this in front of a Marshall and you sound like Zakk. That's it. No more no less. Feature: Simple to use. Quality: UNBREAKABLE Value: great pedal for the price Manufacturer Support: None needed The Wow Factor: Check out the graphics!!! Overall: Use it and abuse it. You'll rock.

"sounds great !!!!!1" submitted March 25, 2006

By a customer from tiscali.it
Overall
Musical Background: active musician and professional recodring engineer
Music Style: pop, rock, blues, fusion
Sound: really versatile and dynamic, great sound. Ease of Use: it has so many dofferent sounds in it that requires a little to explore all the nuances Quality: indestructable

"Thing sounds sweet.... Not for zakk wylde tone." submitted September 23, 2006

Overall
Sound: This thing sounds pretty dang sweet. If you want to sound like zakk wylde and have his metal tone. DO NOT BUY THIS PEDAL. This is not a high gain pedal like zakk probably plays with. He uses this for a boost. I use this for some killer overdriven tone. Great sounding i'm digging it. Feature: Not a whole lot of pizzaz. But short, sweet, to the point. I like it. Ease of Use: Easy to use. Easy to get the sound I wanted out of it. Value: Not to expensive for an overdriven pedal. Definately better sounding than the boss overdrive pedals.

"BAD QUALITY" submitted September 10, 2009

Overall
Sound: good for pushing tube amp Feature: standard Ease of Use: ... three knobs Quality: mxr cannot built quality pedals! they sound good but break down. fast. ive had 3 of there pedals and 2 broke down. this and the mxr 10 band eq which took forever to get fixed. the only one still working has one knob the evh phase 90. its not worth the frustration! Value: its alright Manufacturer Support: not good. The Wow Factor: nice zakk logo Overall: sounds good. breaks down.

When you call, mention priority code 154Y-6XRG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976