When you call, mention priority code 141H-SQ0P

Rating and Reviews: On-Stage SMS6000 Stands

Hear your mixes accurately with monitors set at the ideal listening position. On-Stage SMS6000 speaker stands are height-adjustable up to 52 inches tall.

"Came with HS50 monitors and MoPads" submitted July 8, 2009

Musical Background: Hobby Beatmaker
Music Style: HipHop, Rap, House, Movie Scoring
Sound: N/A but the MoPads that came with it are great......greatly reduces vibrations Feature: one of the stands was missing a nuts and bolts package......so I could only set one up.......Ive been meaning to email Zzounds about getting another bolts pack Ease of Use: pretty easy to set up Quality: pretty sturdy......it is top heavy tho so I would make sure its not in the way of being knocked over Value: Since it came with my HS50's its great.......if I needed another set of stands I would prolly buy 2 more of these just so they match Manufacturer Support: N/A.......but again they didnt include nuts and bolts for one of the stands The Wow Factor: they look legit but a desk will do the job just fine Overall: dont see these wearing down or breaking......they are well constructed

"A bad design poorly bundled with over-sized speakers" submitted August 9, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist with dreams
Music Style: Pink Floyd meets John Lee Hooker
Sound: If you use isolating material like foam pads you can get the resonance (vibration) of the hollow stand down to acceptable levels. Ease of Use: You can only adjust the height in increments of several inches because of the spacing between the blocking pin holes. Perhaps the spacing is to keep from weakening the metal pole - but I would have preferred the ability to more precisely position the vertical level. Quality: The entire stand is held together by a SINGLE bolt through the totally inadequate triangular base. One of my stands leans noticibly, and the support pole can be easily rotated even with the bolt tightened as much as possible. My KRK Rokit 8 speakers are too large and heavy for this thing - zZounds shouldn't have packaged inadequate stands with these speakers. The stands are not stable with the speakers on them - they wobble and can be easily tipped over. Value: I think the retail price for these is around $90 - worth maybe half that, and useless for all but the lightest monitors. Manufacturer Support: Unknown so I give them the benefit of the doubt. I admit I got these speakers for "free" with the speakers, so I'm not going to be a jerk and try to return them. They might work fine with smaller/lighter speakers. Overall: A badly designed stand, and poorly matched with the KRK Rokit 8 speaker as a bundle.
22 of 24 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A big plus for any room" submitted January 9, 2014

By Chris Hargis in Altus, OK
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years playing guitar and bass. Home recording studio for personal use.
Music Style: 80's heavy metal and rock
Overall: Got these to go with the Roland Cube system and really love them. They are heavy duty and very adjustable. No issues with sturdiness. Don't rock or sway one bit. Easy to put together and really make the system more flexible. A definite plus for any speaker system. They have no sound and I have not had to use manufacturer support for them.

"Good stands don't break." submitted October 23, 2005

By a customer from gamesplanet.com
Overall
Feature: The "adjustable" pegs at the bottom of this product break easily and are not replaceable. I contacted the manufacturer and they have not responded. The stands cannot be levelled correctly without them and are useless. Quality: Cheap adjustable screws at the bottom of this stand break easily and make it useless. Value: These stands were good for about 2 months until I had to move them and they broke. Manufacturer Support: The support staff is non-existant/unreachable. Overall: Not bad, but not too sturdy.

"BIG VALUE for small price." submitted November 17, 2005

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Recording engineer
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: Strong, tall and stable (considering the height attainable) stand, especially considering the very reasonable price. Even has a "safety" clevis pin like the BIG stands. It holds my 40 lb. monitor securely and I don't have to worry about finding it on the floor some morning.

"MOnitor Stands" submitted November 6, 2013

Overall
Overall: Yes, the stands are great. You can position the speakers conveniently without having to do strange things with nails and carpentry. They were easy to set up. Very solid. Adjustable, etc.

"The base is too small" submitted February 19, 2013

By a customer from yahoo.com in Dayton, OH
Overall
Overall: I find this works better when you put the top half onto the bottom half of a PA speaker tripod stand. The base of this stand should be twice as big. Otherwise you can only use very small and very light speakers with a low center of gravity.

"Misleading reviews" submitted February 29, 2012

By youknow who in Wodstock, GA
Music Style: hip hop, gospel, R&B, Rock
Overall: The reviews listed on this page are not for the stands. They are for the KRK 8" speaker bundle which I think is misleading. The ratings you see here are for the speakers not the stands. These speaker stands are horrible. The pole and base are solid however setting them up with no instructions is a pain. Once they are setup the top end is top heavy. The KRK 8" would not do well on these and can be very easily tipped over. Height adjustment mechanism is good however once set in the correct holes reveals uneven alignment between the two stands. Poor craftmanship with these stands. I do not recommend (the speaker stands) to anyone.

"Need monitor stands? Look no further." submitted May 4, 2009

By a customer from bottledrage.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist musician, amatuer video producer
Sound: Stands don't make any sounds by themselves...unless you drop them. They are solid metal construction...I'd imagine they make a huge racket if you were to drop them. Feature: Stands are height and position (left/right) adjustable and all adjustments lock in place securely. The base offers "rubber" or spike feet. The "rubber feet" are just hard plastic plugs that are stuffed into the threaded holes. The plastic feet are complete crap; three out of the six on my stands were stripped out of the holes. BUT, the threaded, spiked feet are excellent. The plastic feet are not height-adjustable (i.e. to level the stands) the spikes are. Ease of Use: Comes with the allen wrench to put it together. Took me five minutes to put both together. A note about the triangular bases; they are pretty big! Figure roughly an 18" circle footprint for them. This came into play when I tried to put them behind my working desk. They didn't fit b/t it and the wall. I had to move my desk out quite a bit. Quality: I've already talked about the plastic feet. You will need to use the spikes, period. For my home studio with a wooden floor, this is not a problem. These things are built like tanks. You'd have to try really hard to break them. Solid steel...can't go wrong. The top plate has a nice, thick rubber pad but the center screw that holds the plate to the column sticks up about 1/8" above the height of the pad. If your speakers don't have a pad on the bottom, this might cause a problem. I'm using Rokit8's (25 pounds each) on them; they have their own pad, so, speaker pad+speaker stand pad=screw not a problem. YMMV. These stands are stable and strong. The clevis pin is a very nice, reassuring touch. The paint was chipped in a couple of places...nothing a black marker didn't cover up. Value: For the money you cannot do better. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: I already own it, so I guess I want it. Overall: I expect that these stands will be around for a long time. There's nothing to break on them. My Rokit8's don't even seem to faze these stands...you have to TRY to break solid steel. The finish is just black paint. It might not last too long on the road, but these are not PA stands. In a home studio the paint won't be exposed to rough handling and being thrown into the gear van. Rokit8's fit perfectly on these stands. Roughly 1" of the speaker hangs over the plate on all sides. Perfect fit.
14 of 17 people (82.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 141H-SQ0P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976