When you call, mention priority code 20K-2TG2

Rating and Reviews: Marshall MS4 Not-So-Mini

This mini Marshall amp is made in the likeness of a full Marshall stack, and has the tone to match. It features switchable Clean and Overdrive modes.

"Awesome" submitted January 9, 2008

Musical Background: hobbyist/actice musician
Music Style: rock, country, jazz, blues, metal, punk
Sound: For a mini-amp, this thing is awesome, it kicks perfectly to get a good sound for Our Lady Peace, or you can crank it to get a heavy sound for Slipknot. Its the most versatile mini-amp I've played. Feature: This amp needs 2 things to be perfect. Reverb, and an gain switch instead of just knob. For the price, i gues reverb could be skipped, but as for the gain/distortion, there is always a tiny bit of distortion, even with gain set to 0. I play acoustic as well as electric, and for small practices or shows, I use this amp with my acoustic. No one has ever noticed the small amount of distortion, but I do. Overall, it's pretty well suited. Ease of Use: This amp is extremely easy to use. I'm yet to find an amp that isnt... Quality: I'd say this amp would be perfect for on the road, if you're playing small shows, or just jamming with the guys. It's dependable and I've only had problems when the battery runs low. When that happens, you just run out, buy a new $1 battery, stuff it in, and keep jammin'. Value: This amp was definately worth $60. I love the Marshall distortion. It's distinctive, and you can tell its a marshall without even seeing it. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with support. The Wow Factor: This amp isn't really very "sexy" I mean, size is supposed to matter right? It's not a whopper, but it sure as hell kicks like one. Point for me! size doesn't matter! Overall: I like this amp a lot! I expect to use it for atleast 10 more years til it dies. then i'll just go buy another. It's as close to a Marshall full stack as I'll ever own, and I love it.

"real nice amp" submitted January 16, 2014

By Scott M in Horn Lake, MS
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for about one and a half year, I play a Gibson hollow body electric guitar that I got for my 17th birthday.
Overall: This "mini" amp sounds great, I will have to say it puts out a lot of sound for how small it is.

"BUY THIS AMP!" submitted May 24, 2005

Overall
Music Style: metal, blues, classic rock
Sound: overall good sound, however you need to use a distortion pedal to get distortion at low volumes. this amp is extremely loud and durable. i have had mine for over two years and it has held together well compared to my fender mini deluxe. this amp sounds the best with the tone rolled off at medium gain and volume settings because you can access exellent jazzy sounds with the neck pickup, but when you switch to the bridge, the sound changes to a wonderfull bluesy howl. Feature: compared to the other marshall mini amp, the most notable difference is the gain control. this is very helpful in adding extra volume and boost to the sound. however, one feature that i really wish this amp had would be seperate bass and treble controls instead if the single tone control so that you could get more refined tones from this amp. Quality: this is an extremely high quality product and it is very handsomely dressed for something under 60 dollars. the battery life is ussualy somewhere around six weeks under everyday usage on the road. i have not experienced any difficulty with this amp over the two years that i have owned it and don't expect it to fail anytime soon. if you are looking for a high quality, good sounding amp, then this is your best bet. Value: this amp is a bit on the expensive side, but you will be extremely pleased that you spent an extra ten dollars for this amp. it is deffinatly worth every cent that you are paying. Manufacturer Support: nothing has ever gone wrong with this product and i highly doubt anything ever will. as for a warranty, this amp doesn't have one because it doesn't really need one. The Wow Factor: besides the sound, who could resist having a scaled down full stack on there desk. this amp is definitly more attractive than most of the amps in this price range. Overall: if this amp ever wears out, i would most likely go and but another marshall mini amp. i would do this because they are simply the best mini amps that you can buy, and i dont think that there is any mini amp out there that can recreate the awesome roar of this beast.
16 of 19 people (84.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The true way to get the MS-4 to sound great." submitted May 23, 2004

By a customer from mac.com
Music Style: Neo-Classical Speedmetal, virtuoso rock
Sound: If your guitar has high output, turn down the tone, if it has low output and higher bass frequencies, turn up the tone Feature: The MS-4 is the best mini-amp made out of all I have played and heard. The feature that would be really nice, is reverb! Though for it's price, it is perfect Quality: The amp is well made and there are no defects in mine. Anything will last as long as you take care of it. As for use ont he road, I think it would be perfect, it is not all in the amp that gives you a good sound, it is also how fluent and smooth you play. Value: Yes, the MS-4 was well worth it's price. Manufacturer Support: I would would rather pay for a Marshall than get any other amp for free, that is how much I use Marshall amps. With the MS-4, I use the built in functions for the sounds that I want. The Wow Factor: There is no sexuall appeal to an amp or to music itself. The MS-4 is a very reliable and convenient accessory. Overall: I think that the MS-4 is an excellent design, I plan to keep it for long time. I did not expect it to sound like my JCM 900 1960 lead with the AVT 150H. It is the best sounding mini amp made, especially to only have 1 watt. The only feature I will look for with the MS-4, is reverb.
14 of 18 people (77.78%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"awesome mini amp" submitted September 2, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: play in a small band
Sound: sounds very good and packs a huge ounch for such amini amp pretty loud.. and sounds great Feature: i really like the stand Quality: well about 2 to 3 years without having to change anything Value: yes definetly worth the price Manufacturer Support: havent dealt with The Wow Factor: it looks cool but if it had a case or box it would look a lot cooler Overall: 6 months

"If your looking for an all around kick around that sounds great you cannot beat this" submitted January 18, 2011

Musical Background: retired musician
Music Style: classic rock
Sound: add a reverb and this will have it ALL! Feature: add reverb and an extra inlet for effects Value: a decent price for a good quality piece Manufacturer Support: haven't used it The Wow Factor: Hey IT"S A MARSHALL!! Overall: this si my primary cary amp and probably always be, its pretty rugged

Marshall MS4 Not-So-Mini Customer Review submitted March 29, 2004

Overall
Sound: Its the best buy it. Feature: i love the two cabinets they're just like the high quality amp that marshall producecs Quality: for what your paying you could'nt get anything better. The Wow Factor: If you have a band and your mom doesn't no about it this amp is perfect for you. This amp could blow the windows out of a doll house.

"This sucks!" submitted May 2, 2005

Overall
Sound: The sound is okay, but I only had the thing out of the box for a couple of hours when it developed this large rattle. And I never turned the volume up over 7. Not good. Quality: I know htis is a toy, but I was very disappointed with this product. Why does it have an On/Off switch if it can't be turned off? Value: Use the money to go in on a real practice amp.

"Does what it is intended to do-----" submitted January 24, 2011

Overall
Sound: Sound: Clean is tinish, but what would you expect from those little speakers?. The distortion is not very good. It sounds awsome when hooked up to a RP 100 though, but does not hold weight on its own. You will need some kind of effects unit ( I said unit) to make this thing sound good. this is a bummer because I wanted it to attach to my belt. Feature: none Quality: seems ok----time will tell Value: I have a feeling, since I will need to use an effects unit, that the same thing can be found in a product 1/2 the price----think honeytone Manufacturer Support: time will tell The Wow Factor: Dumbest question ever Overall: Best----mmmmm....it is just a silly mini amp. Something you would take camping or mess around with when you travel. It is not a substitute for a real amp. Worst: Overdrive requires volume @ 10. An effects unit (said it again) is needed to to sub par distortion sound and lack of any effects (delay, echo etc...)

Marshall MS4 Not-So-Mini Customer Review submitted May 10, 2010

Overall
Sound: Spend the extra $70 and get the Roland you will be much happier in the long run and will actually get some use out of the Roland Cube.

Marshall MS4 Not-So-Mini Customer Review submitted April 6, 2004

Overall
Music Style: any kind of rock, old and new
Sound: I haven't used the MS-2, but this one is loud enough. Good enough to fill a room, but you won't make anyone go deaf. Full, beefy sound, I was actually surprised by the sound it gave. Feature: Gain, Volume, Tone. The basics. For this little unit, I don't think reverb is necessary. Quality: It's made out of plastic, and it's kinda light. I guess it'd be okay if it were dropped a few times, maybe some small stomping as well...I dunno, I haven't messed it up yet. Value: I got it for $49.99 - it seems like a good deal, if it lasts anyways. I just needed something light and portable to bring to practices. The Wow Factor: It's a nifty little toy, and it makes you want to just go outside on the streets and play. And once I get another cable, I'll try plugging it into my amp to...will probably make some more gnarly noises. Overall: I'm somewhat new to electric guitar...but I think this is a good buy.

When you call, mention priority code 20K-2TG2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976