When you call, mention priority code 20V-RHDZ

Rating and Reviews: Marshall MS2 Mini Amp

Carry a watt of Marshall's legendary tone with you wherever you go with this micro amp. It features switchable clean and overdrive modes.

"Great, Fitted my needs, an Excellent Purchase." submitted February 7, 2006

By a customer from jdlinn.com
Music Style: country
Sound: The sound is "darned good." Of course it is not a big Peavey or something ... heck, it runs on a 9 volt battery! But it does exactly what I expected it to do. I play with a group of about 25 guitars and banjos ... I "finger pick" and couldn't hear my own guitar. So I plug the earphones into this little amp, and now I can hear what I'm doing. So my need was specific, and this amp fits my need perfectly. I can also "jam" with it when there are about 4 guitars playing and it "shows up" very well. I got my money's worth. Feature: I like it that it is so small, it looks great (got everyone's eye at the guitar group) ... and a couple of other guys are going to order one. Quality: I dropped it a couple of times, and it still works! So I guess I'd have to say it is built pretty well. Value: I reseearched this pretty carefully ... I got what I ordered. The price was right. Manufacturer Support: The best support is when you don't need it! So I haven't tried to contact the company that made it. The Wow Factor: 2 other guys in my guitar group are going to be ordering one of these because they thought is was "really neat" and worked so well. Overall: Of these "mini amps" this one has to be the best.
26 of 28 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It does just great with headphones and looks cool A fine practice amp for everyone to have." submitted January 12, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Experience Guitar, singer songwriter, Band Leader, Have 5 song CD album
Music Style: Classic Rocker
Sound: Put on a great pair of Studio headphones and be amazed? You may find yourself turning down the volume some!! Feature: The belt clip is cool and shot cord and headphones and you be jammin! Quality: Have had mine for over 4 years and it's still working fine. Great for going on travel. Value: For a small mini practice amp this one is my favorite and sounds better than the Zinky but not a powerful Manufacturer Support: Never Called them. The Wow Factor: Looks Cool sitting anywhere you put it Overall: Would probably buy another one if and when this one dies I also have a Zinky and they do not play in stereo but they put out more power than the Marshall and are more durable and smaller
28 of 31 people (90.32%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Marshal ms2 amp" submitted January 15, 2014

By Adam V in Locke, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Im a drummer that just jams at home. No clubbing. Music has been a big part of my life
Music Style: I like rock music most of all,but enjoy lots of music. I guess it depends on how good the musicians are musically for me to list
Overall: My son is learning to play electric guitar and i purchased this mini amp. Its a great little amp ! Works well!! Very happy!for the money and for someone just starting out on electric guitar. Its great!

"All the Marshall sound, a fraction of the price" submitted September 26, 2004

Music Style: Metal, Rock, anything that souns good
Sound: True marshall sound Feature: Good features for a $30 amp Quality: Well made......deserves Marshall name Value: Great value The Wow Factor: A Marshall amp for a fraction of the price......what more could you ask for? Overall: Overall, a spectacular amp. Greatly exceeded my expectations

"Awesome "toy"" submitted January 24, 2005

By a customer from adelphia.net
Musical Background: Active musician/hobbyist
Music Style: jazz, rock, whatever I feel like playing
Sound: Less bass than usual, but it is a mini amp. This thing does have that Marshall tone, though, complete with distortion on the upper volumes of the clean channel. Feature: 2 channels (clean/OD), tone knob (sweeps low to high), volume... I wish it had a separate gain knob, but the tone knob seems to do that job a bit. Battery operation is neat, cuz i can walk around and play. Quality: Looks good, built well, and everything is in place. The knobs wobble a bit when i turn them, but it doesn't hurt anything. Value: For a novelty or even a travel practice amp this thing is great. Manufacturer Support: havent dealt with them The Wow Factor: Gold knobs, and it looks like a half-stack, except for way smaller of course. Overall: This thing will have a prominent place on my shelf for a looooooong time. I love it.

"Buy this item now!" submitted November 17, 2004

Musical Background: Writer, Active Musician, Member of Successful Band
Music Style: Rock 'n' Roll
Sound: I Read some reviews saying that the buzzof the amp was annoying but i don't have any buzz from this amp. the people who wrote those reviews were probably very inexperienced and i wouldn't be surprised if htye got buzz from all amps because the buzz problem can be easily resolved by correcting the volume on the instrument rather than on the amp. if you have you guitar on 2 and the amp on 10, obviously your amps is goming to buzz. i've played for around 25 years so i can be trusted. i'm experimenting with the amp right now and doing exactley what that guy was complaining about, turning down the guitar and turning up the amp and yeah there is a buzz but that guy must be really inexperienced to have said that. Feature: totally awsome gain for a 14 cm long amp. even for a 5 foot amp thi gain would be satisactory. it sounds good clean as well. the overdrive blew my mind. i couldn't beleve that sound was coming from that amp Quality: druability can't be that expected from an amp. if you drop any amp from the same proportional height as you would this, you break it at least 10 times worse. Value: if there was an 11, i would choose it. i would call this sound great even if it was coming from a 300 dollar amp so since you can get it for $30, that value is off the charts Manufacturer Support: haven't had to call them. just treat your amp with care and it will treat you just as well. The Wow Factor: when i saw it, the aesthetics at first made me laugh because it was like a little shrunk down amp, down to the little amp handle on top and the little marshall insignia. then, once i got it i realized it was had so much more appeal in its quality. awsome Overall: it's the best chose i've ever made as far as purchases from music

"Marshall MS-2...very good for traveling with the family!!" submitted December 31, 2005

By a customer from aim.com
Musical Background: Musician/Student
Music Style: Classic/Alternative Rock
Sound: The sound is very good if you like any sound except the classic fuzz...if you like it more distorted then you can switch to overdrive and it sounds awesome. It is compatible with any music style...even if you play classic rock because you don't neccesarily need that fuzz...if you want the fuzz then i would recommend the fender twin. Feature: the belt clip is useful but often makes a buzzing sound while you are playing. Quality: It has pretty good quality for a tiny amp but i think that it could always be better. Value: Very good value...it fits the price. The Wow Factor: Very good design and looks. Overall: I like the looks and tones on this but the buzzing from the belt clip (even if there is something in it) gets annoying.

"Good for what it is" submitted October 9, 2008

Music Style: varies
Sound: The sound is decent, better than one might expect from something that looks like a toy (it isn't a toy). Gain is actually pretty good, clean is a bit weak. Both gain and clean are decidedly better through headphones, the puny speaker just can't do it justice. Feature: Not a lot of the usual amp features, but what do you want for $45? Its best feature (and the reason I bought it) is that it is easy to transport from place to place. It is great for a travel amp. It might even fit in the compartment of some guitar cases or one of the pockets of a gig bag. Ease of Use: Volume, off/clean/gain switch, tone. Not very difficult to use. Battery compartment is easy to get into, no screws or strange configurations as I've seen on some electronics before. Light and small so easy to move around. Quality: It is hard to judge its long term durability yet, but the plastic is about the same as the kind of plastic used on toys. For $45 I don't expect the highest quality speaker. However, it works, and at $45, if it ever stops working it won't be the end of the world. Value: Inexpensive, and works for its intended purpose just fine. That is a good value in my book. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: I liked it enough to buy it. A decent sound out of a convenient travel amp, that was pretty desirable to me. Even the 15W solid state amps or 5W tubes are decidedly less travel friendly. Overall: It is a good amp for its purpose. As a primary amp, I doubt I'd be very happy. As something to occasionally bring to work (for down times) and for travel, with a low enough price I won't be unhappy if it is broken in frequent travel, it is fine. If it dies or is stolen I might replace it (there is nothing wrong with it) or for a bit of a change I might get one of the mini Fenders. More likely, I'd spend a little more and get one of the $100-150 5W travel sized amps that come with a power cord and also run on batteries- something like the Vox DA5 or Roland Micro Cube- and get more features and something that is less of a novelty and more of a full scale amp.

"It's alright for 40 bucks." submitted July 23, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: guitarist for death/black metal band
Music Style: death, black, and thrash metal
Sound: Well i was expecting a way better sound from all the reviews i read(omg, its a marshall, it sounds so good) but this just sounds like your average battery powered mini amp. The overdrive is ok, and the clean, well isnt really clean, its all distorted and has a crappy sound to it. Feature: The tone knob really sucks. it would be way more better of i had seperate low, mid ,and high knobs. Quality: well the quality kind of sucks being as the whole thing is made out of plastic and is very fragile, one drop and it could be over. Value: For 40 bucks, it was an ok buy, but maybe something around 30 would be more reasonable. The Wow Factor: the half stack look is quite awesome. it looks very realistic, especially with the gold panel and white marshall logo Overall: I mainly bought it so i can take it places like school, friends houses, parties, wherever. the size and the belt clip make it very compact and easy to carry around. the sound is not as perfect as one expects it to be, being it is a marshall amp, but i liked the load of volume its capable of and the ok overdrive (what it do is just use the amp on clean and use my digitech death metal distortion pedal ;)

"read me, i know what i talking about." submitted March 31, 2004

Overall
Music Style: on guitar i play new metal, on sax i play jazz.
Sound: i own a berhinger gx112 and it rocks but at 22 kilos its a bit hard to lug around, so i bought a marshall ms2 and i found that it still has that classic marshall sound and as far as volume goes it suits its purpose well. Feature: compared to my berhinger gx112 with its 99 presets, the marshall looks pittiful. as i said before i suits its purpose. Quality: what can i say, its a marshall. Value: you cant go wrong Manufacturer Support: i used to own a marshall mg30dfx and it was great. The Wow Factor: obviously i already have it. Overall: it is the best in its feild. thats all im going to say.

"MY outlook on this awesome portable amp!" submitted November 13, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: Lead electric guitarist in high school band, player of seven main instruments plus various types of latin percussion, owner of p
Music Style: Punk, Rock, Punk-Rock, Alternative-Christian
Sound: This product is just awesome for the inexpierienced, or expierienced player. It has a great gritty distortion, but no reverb which is a bit of a bummer. This mini amp is very small, and is awesome for practising in your room, or taking to sleepovers or camp. Feature: The clip is very useful. You can just plug in the guitar, clip on the amp and play while your walking around. Its just awesome. Quality: The amp is perfect in size and features for travelling. The sound is pretty average, but the distortion is not good enough for concerts or anything. Its a very good practice amp. Value: You won't find any other belt amp this size with this sort of sound. Believe me, I've done my research... Manufacturer Support: Marshall is a VERY well-respected company for the quality and variety of their amps. Marshall amps are all very attractive and have good quality sound. The Wow Factor: Its just so amazing. It has this awesome look to it, like a real full sized marshall amp, shrunken down. The clip, the distortion, the look... I just had to buy it when I saw it.... Overall: Although I love this amp, it will probably need replacement after 20 years or so. It is a highly convenient amp. Though the overdrive isn't "ingenious" or anything, it makes an absolutely perfect practice amp.

Marshall MS2 Mini Amp Customer Review submitted August 31, 2005

Overall
Sound: Pretty good for a small amp. I like roaming around with it. Feature: overdrive is good. Clean is alright. Should have a bit of bass i guess. Quality: Awesome. sounds a bit better than what i thought. Looks cute Value: got it brand new for 50 Manufacturer Support: Come on. Its a marshall The Wow Factor: Very cute little amp/

"Absolutely Horrible, even for a joke." submitted November 6, 2004

Overall
Sound: It sounds absolutely terrible. I don't know what some of the people here are thinking. It's not good even for a laugh. I have almost no experience playing, so don't think I have high standards or anything. It just plain sucks. There is absolutely no way I'm ever playing through that thing again. You'll get a better (and just as loud) sound if you just play the guitar by itself. Overall: People, save your money. Or try it if you have to, but make sure you can return it. Trust me, you will, just like I did.

"Sounds Great, Construction Cheap Plastic" submitted October 24, 2004

Overall
Sound: Sounds Great, better than larger more expensive toys. Feature: clean & OD Quality: Cheap. Basicaly a plastic toy. The jack broke, still plays so far. Probably won't last. Value: Great toy. The Wow Factor: Gets a good laugh. .....check out my Marshall........ Overall: I'd buy another if mine broke (I might have to, it's limping a little after the last road trip). The sound is great. I take it on travel. I can sneak off and play it. Get headphones and a short cord, you'll have a great time.

"an amasing amp for use anywere" submitted September 28, 2004

Overall
Feature: some extra efects would have been good Quality: broke when i droped it acsidentely from a bmall hight but was easy to fix Value: i paid a cheep

"Best Thing Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted July 20, 2004

Overall
Sound: The sound is so clear and clean you can hear every little thing out of this baby! Feature: It doesnt have amazing features but the belt clip and overdrive are very convenient!!!! Quality: The quality is so incredible. It looks identical to a larger marshall. I know i can depend od this forever! Value: This is worth your money all the way! I looked at a lot of other mini amps but they didnt quite cut it like this one! Manufacturer Support: it wasnt the easiest trying to reach them.....
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"mini amp - its got my thumbs up!!!!" submitted March 10, 2004

Overall
Sound: A great amp for people like me who have to travel miles and can't bring their normal amp, mains lead quite expensive though Feature: came with a lead but you have to buy an adapter which is pricey Quality: good quality and nice finish Value: it was a good prce but they didnt tell you until u spoke to them properly that you had to by an adapter Manufacturer Support: the people and the company were very friendly to me and to my mum over the phone The Wow Factor: they're only for people really who can't transport their own amp around Overall: overall its a got amp for what it is, I was particually impressesed with the sound quality. But they do con you a bit with the amps lead adapter. but its got my thumbs up!!!!

When you call, mention priority code 20V-RHDZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976