When you call, mention priority code 172N-1FG3

Rating and Reviews: Marshall MG2CFX Amp

Practice on a versatile, portable, and powerful Marshall amp. The MG2CFX includes ample tone-crafting tools and effects.

"My favourite portable amp" submitted October 2, 2012

By Salman S in Dearborn, MI
Musical Background: Jam at home
Overall: I was not expecting very much. I have had a few portable and tiny amps in the past including a Roland Micro Cube and was not expecting this to be that good. It has however exceeded my expectations considerable. I like its clean sound. The OD and crunch and gainy sounds are much much better than they were on the Roland. I would rate them approaching the quality of the Blackstar HT1. Of course the sound is not comparable to say a Jet City or a larger tube amp with a 1x12 speaker however for playing in my hotel room without someone calling hotel security it is great.

"Not bad, but let's be real..." submitted November 10, 2013

By Darin Loccarini
Overall
Music Style: RUSH, RUSH. and RUSH.
Overall: Like many people, I own a Roland micro cube and think it is awesome. The biggest drawback with the Roland and all of the rest in this category is that you can only have reverb or echo but not both at the same time. That's a real shame since show much music, especially rock, uses a little bit of both at the same time. I bought this marshall for the sole reason that The reverb and delay are not mutually exclusive and I did not have to compromise during practice sessions or use a peddle which defeats the purpose of a small portable practice amp's convenience. I was disappointed by the battery tray low-quality and horrible design. I presume the electronics are the reason the Marshore uses large C batteries when the Roland only uses AA. With that much battery it would be nice if Marshall had added a watt or two to the power. It sounds great, and the larger speaker is a big benefit over the Roland as well as many other people are mentioning. But let's be real. It is a $120 practice amplifier, and that is exactly what it sounds like. Some of the people writing reviews and talking about putting a microphone on it and using it to game or using it in the studio May want to consider reviewing products after their drugs worn off. Now before anyone attacks me, let me explain that I do understand there is excitement and zeal because I felt the same way when I got my micro cube. I just could not believe how awesome a little battery operated device could sound with modeling technology. But as the months go by, reality begins to set it and you realize that it is a $120 practice amplifier and sounds like a $120 practice amplifier. Now that gets a consumer a lot of product and a great sound with a global economy and 21st-century technology. No doubt about it. If you are thinking about buying a product in this category I would say the Marshall is the current king of the field. But I'm not going to cross the line of sanity and tell anyone that it sounds like my Hughes & Kettner switchblade tube amplifier. The way some of the reviews are written, it begs the question whether or not they were written by members of the Marshall product development. Lastly, something seems wrong with the amount of open space on the back of the amplifier. You would think that Marshall engineers have it figured out properly but it seems to sound better with the battery cover removed and more open space for the rear of the speaker. Bottom line: if you have any need or use for a battery powered amplifier, or you have a Roland micro Cube and like myself one reverb and slight delay simultaneously dropping a little cash for this product is a good idea.

"marshall mgfx 2" submitted December 23, 2012

By art elder in oakland, CA
Musical Background: 32 years lap steel electric guitar and dobro
Music Style: metal , blues , rock and bluegrass .
Overall: the sound of this amp is good . its not as loud or are the fx as controlable as i would expect . nor are the output and input jacks as strong as they should be ,i just would expect a little more from marshall in terms of strength and control .

"Marshall mg2cfx batttery amp " submitted December 1, 2013

Musical Background: 40 yrs
Music Style: classic Rock, Blues
Overall: Amazing little amp! well worth the 100 bucks, Amazing!!

When you call, mention priority code 172N-1FG3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976