When you call, mention priority code 16KB-JFBW
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Marshall MB30 Bass Combo

Two channels let you select between a classic and contemporary tone while 30 Watts of power course through two 10 inch speakers for a clear and present sound.

"Little great amp" submitted April 10, 2010

Music Style: Only real Music - NO rap, NO hiphop
Sound: Well, I bought this amp solely for studio work and of course to practise with at home. Not for stage use, 30 watts for bass is not enough for stage. Feature: Yes, great features. The modern channel which gives you a clear tone and the classic channel which is supposed to give a valve kind of sound. Although I am not a friend of distorted bass sounds, I must say that I do like the classic channel with the gain on 0 setting (fully counterclockwise) so I dont get too much distortion.I suggest to use the modern channel with an already "growly" Fender Precision and use the modern channel with a modern bass, for example a Warwick. The equalizer pots do what they say, great. Also the 3 voice shift settings make it easy to quickly find a sound you like, a sound you are looking for. I do not use the build in compressor. For home practise I don´t need it and in the studio...well... the are better options to compress the bass track. At the rear of the amp you find a send/return, a line out and a footswitch socket. The fact that these are jack sockets, not XLR´s does not disturb me. Ease of Use: Due to its extensive features and great sound possibilities this amp is easy to use, erg, makes it very easy to find the sound you are looking for. Quality: I have the amp since about 3 months, it still works, sounds good. Quality, well, time will tell but I think its a very good quality amp. Marshall usually does not produce rubbish. Value: I think this amp is of great value for home practise and in the studio. Manufacturer Support: Never needed Marshall support but I heard Marshall support is very good indeed. The Wow Factor: I wanted it - I have got it - I will keep it Overall: Overall.. I was really informing myself prior to the purchase of this amp. Besides the Marshall MB30 I had in mind to get one of these modeling amps .. but then .. I wanted an authentic analogue, not digital, bass sound, especially in the studio. So therefore I decided to get this Marshall. I think I made a good decision.

"Try Marshall you'll like it. Any of their Amps. Big, or Small. How much you spend is left up to you. You will be glad." submitted September 14, 2010

By a customer from earthlink.net
Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Christian, and Jazz
Sound: Great Feature: Yes. Ease of Use: Easy, just follow directions, or play with the controls till you get what your looking for. Quality: I think so, I've used others. Value: Yes. Manufacturer Support: I have never needed their services. The Wow Factor: No sex appeal just great sound, and Quality. Overall: Along time.

"BASSY GOOD STUFF" submitted July 7, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: an active home music maker
Music Style: ANYTHING EXPRESSIVE AND SOUNDS GOOD TO ME
Sound: I AM EASILY ABLE TO GET ALL SOUNDS AND TONES IM LOOKING FOR WITH THIS AMP Feature: COMPRESSION.THREE VOICE MODES.TWO CHANNELS,AND THE VOICE CONTROLALL ALOW THIS AMP TO GRANT ME WHAT I WANT.THE AMP DOESNT COME WITH A FOOTSWITCH-BUT ZZOUNDS SENT ME ONE BECAUSE IT SAYS IT IN THE TECH DESCRIPTION-THANK YOU ZZOUNDS Ease of Use: VERY EASY TO USE-I AM VISUALLY IMPAIRED-I MEMRORIZE THE KNOBS-SO I PLUG IN AND PLAY Quality: THE AMP WAS PACKED VERY WELL FROM THE FACTORY-EVERY THING SEEMS TO BE PRETT SOLID SO FAR-IVE NEVER HAD ANY COMPLAINTS WITH MARSHALL-I HAVE AND OWNED SEVERAL MARSHALL GUITAR AMPS-THIS IS MY FIRST BASS AMP Value: I LOOKED AROUND QUITE A BIT-I LIKED THIS ONE THE BEST Manufacturer Support: REGISTRTING ONLINE WAS PRETTY EASY-HAVENT HAD ANY PROBLEMS YET The Wow Factor: IVE ALWAYS THOUGHT MARSHALL ARE COOL LOOKING Overall: I PLAN ON ONLY HAVING THIS ONE BASS AMP-SO I AM PRETTY SURE AS LONG AS IT LASTS ILL HAVE IT

Marshall MB30 Bass Combo Customer Review submitted October 5, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: bassist, not in a band
Music Style: classic rock
Sound: Great amp,a must buy for all type of playing, cant beat the price! Cant beat the sounds you can get with this amp! Who needs affects! IF YOUR GONA PLAY Just Play!

When you call, mention priority code 16KB-JFBW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976