When you call, mention priority code 203-X0B8

Rating and Reviews: Marshall JVM410H Amp

The Marshall JVM410H is a beastly 4-channel guitar amp head built to rock. A number of Plexi and modern tones can be created from this monster amplifier.

Overall

"Best Amp I Ever Owned. The History Of Marshall In One Amp!" submitted January 11, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: 36 years playing. 25 professionally. Guitarist & Drummer here!
Sound: I can't find enough words to explain the sheer joy this amp brings me. Every Marshall sound is in here provided you pick the right channel and twist the knobs to get it there. I owned several different Marshalls over the years and am a purist. After three years owning this amp head I packed everything away and this is it now. I do keep an old vintage Marshall combo as a backup just in case but I am just blown away and everytime I try something else nothing compares. I know it looks cliche to rate it a perfect 10 but it truly is just that!! Feature: It comes loaded to the gills. I like the fact that it reads Midi and that was included and not an option you have to pay for. Get yourself a great midi controller and you hit a home run. If not the included footswitch is more than ample. The direct out believe it or not is killer!! I used it twice in the recording studio on the fly. The only thing I don't like is the cable connection recepticles. They are made of cheap plastic. In three years of ownership and a heavy gigging guitarist I have to get these replaced about once a year. It has all the features one could ask for. Ease of Use: If you know how to turn knobs on an amp to get your sound you are there. LOL! There are a few buttons to push aside of that to turn on the FX Loop and Reverb and get you thru the modes on each channel but that's it. Quality: For what it is and where it came from (Marshall), I just feel there are a few things they could have done better here. The connection recepticles being flimsy plastic are my biggest gripe. This is the flagship head from Marshall. Come on guys! I also had the FX loop potentiometer replaced twice already. As far as tubes go BE CAREFUL!! It overheats alot of tubes according to my amp tech aside of SED Winged C EL34's and JJ EL34 L's. I was using Ruby EL34BSTR's and replacing them like crazy because they just kept overheating. I am back to using the Winged C's in the power section and JJ ECC83S's in the preamp section and everything seems okay now. Aside of this the handle atop the head broke and was replaced. For three years service of heavy gigs though it has been flawless in every other respect. Value: Absolutely worth the value. Like a fine car it will hold its value too. Manufacturer Support: Talked with them several times. Always helpful and have great knowledge about the product. The Wow Factor: For those looking to find all the tones of every Marshall ever made, this is the tool right here. Comes in a combo too for those looking for something a bit more compact. Overall: Owned it 3 years now. It's not going anywhere!! If stolen or broken beyond repair I would by another in a heartbeat. It should last a lifetime. Best amp I ever owned.

"The sound I have looked for all my life." submitted February 3, 2011

Music Style: hard rock/metal
Sound: Been searching for the amp for 30 years. If it had been the first amp I bought, it would have been the last. I am a hard rock/metal player and this amp has the tone that I have been searching for all my life. First amp I have EVER owned where I don't have the gain at 10, more like 6 and its awesome. Dont be afraid of the 100watts either. PLENTY of gain and tone at low volumes! Feature: 4 true channels, easy to program, midi capable. Sweet! Technically you could program this thing as a 12 channel amp. (3 different gain stages times 4 channels) Ease of Use: Simple, easy. Quality: I had a blow out, but it was covered under warranty no problem. The repair shop was in town, so if you don't have one in town, shipping would probably be a bummer. Value: I have had dozens of boutique amps, handwired amps, modeling amps, other marshalls (800s 900s TSLs etc) blah, blah, blah never truly LOVED the sound. The JVM410h is the real deal Manufacturer Support: Amp blew out and they fixed it under warranty, what more could you want? The Wow Factor: Cool looking head.

"Marshall JVM410H 4-Channel Guitar Amp" submitted March 15, 2017

By James C in PORT JEFFERSON STATION , NY
Overall
Musical Background: Began to play over the last year....just learning and jamming at home.
Music Style: Blues, Rock and a little bit of country.
Overall: Just purchased this Marshall JVM410H 4- channel Amp, and all I can tell you is....you won't be disappointed...... You will never have to purchase another amp. I also purchased the Fender twin re-verb, 85 watt amp, both these amps sound amazing with my collection of guitars. The clarity, wattage, and sounds are amazing. If your thinking of going the extra mile on the price and have the funds to purchase either of the above amps mentioned......treat yourself remember you get what you pay for. Both these amps are well constructed and they look like a work of art.

"Victoria one ups her Dad with the JVM!" submitted May 20, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, Shared a english beer with Jimi Hendrix in 1968 when I was 16!
Music Style: Rock and Funk
Sound: i am a classic rock and blues player and I recently bought a vintage modern to satisfy my need for punch and wail with some built in boost and volume control to get overdrive without my neighbors calling the police. This amp is blue and the between the awesome revelation of controlling the drive with the volume and switch controls from my strat and the beautiful tone from the G12C 25-watt Celestion Greenbacks in the speaker cab I was in guitar heaven! (These are voiced to the Hendrix Plexi) I was getting ready for a gig in Ft Lauderdale and I spent about 3 days playing virtually all day exploring all these tones that I had always tried to get to with pedals. It had an effect loop as well so even my pedals required I reconfigure to get better tone then I had ever been able to find. Really! So why am I reviewing this head? My good friend told me I had to come by and try this head that he had just bought from zZ. He had just had the same experience with his JVM as I have described above. His band does a lot more drop D and rectified death metal so I am thinking yeah well I have my girl and you have yours. So he brings it over and we plug them both in and swap back and forth with our own trick bag of guitar riffs. The verdict was....i now own a JVM with the cool blue Vintage Modern speaker cab! Feature: This is the ultimate Marshall! REALLY! My take is this you have all the features of the the best plexi, the JCM 800, and you get this really unique clean channel that really lets you explore tones that usually don't come out of a Marshall. These are really clean fender like tones. You've got a channel that the signal is yours for the coloring coming through these responsive and pristine speakers (green backs). The foot switch alone is enough to pull you over. You have two master volume controls each to my ear with a slightly different "punch". You can color each one with presence and reverb which though digital is excellent and better than the Vintage Modern. Each channel remembers the last time you punched in to that volume mode so you get this unique tone you have worked out on the click. Each of the 4 channels has green orange and red overdrive and 2, 3 AND 4 start with normal plexi in 2 with a JCM 800 kind of build with the orange and red. You can tweek this by volume controlling each stage though and I am in 3 clean with perfect Marshall flexibility with each bit of the pick. 4 is delving into the rectified overdrive and my friend goes 3/4 to get all that wank but 1 to get back to a really clean Mesa or Fender tone and 2 for plexi. Midi which I don't use but he does. This give you over a hundred presets. He swapped out the EL 34's with groove tubes. I can not hear this as better. I have travelled and gigged with this amp and it has inspired me like nothing before it! I have not begun to touch the feature list here but I hope you have the sense that Victoria has kicked out the jams with this amp. This is the new benchmark amp! Ease of Use: It looks daunting with the 4 channels but really it is a dial in the sound and save it with out the confusion of a Mesa. If you want to go Midi as my friend you go from 2 master volome controls per channel with 3 overdrive settings on each volume. Thats 6 per channel and you have 4 channels each with increasing overdrive. Though the seller of this amp to me was this clean channel with the ability to get fender like blues tones. I have now cheated even further and I got a Boss 59 Bassman pedal. With this in the clean loop I am now able to completely wank into a Stevie Ray riff and if you didn't turn around it is coming out of a Vibro or Twin! Amazing! I am still learning but it is really just tone palate. You have a lot to draw from and because it's easy you will be tempted to tweek this amp a lot. I have, like the true geek I am, started a log of different settings. I am also learning I can reprogram the foot switch to stay in channels one and two. Quality: I always buy the extended warranty but I find ironically the cheaper the item the more you need this. Still Marshalls are valved amps so you need to buy a few tubes just in case. I have some groove tubes from the B52 I had before which I would use. Modern Marshals are not wimps. They tour well. If you have the bucks you double stack them but I know of no one who has had to use the second amp from a blow out. Value: Here is the best part. To me this head blows away amps way over its price point! Really I think Marshall blew it here. They could easily have asked 500 more for this amp. It really does it all! Manufacturer Support: I have heard they are great but if you work with zZ you virtually have 24/7 backup. I have heard that Marshall is great this way but no personal experience. The Wow Factor: I am really just as gratified to have any amp with tone behind me but these are iconic amps to those who know this. I mentioned my marathon sessions with the Vintage Modern. I have spent so many more hours now exploring this amp. I think that I do have a crush on it..really on how much I want to see if I can get that backwards loop (Boss RC20 XL) guitar part on Spanish Castle Magic or even that Albert King sound in my fender mode. I did get some panties sent up in Ft Lauderdale! Probably to much tequila not my tone. Overall: Well you never say never but I am very gratified to see my talent being stretched and advanced by this amp. I am sad only that I didn't ante up for a Marshall sooner. I am a committed musician and really for such an important tool as your amp this is really not a allot of money. Even in the Marshall line there are 6k amp stacks. The JVM really is the for me the most flexible and tone ready amp for a working guitarist. I have played and recorded on them all and I am finally home with this flexible yet tonally perfect Marshall with the secret weapon of a clean channel to push you into places you don't go with a Marshall.
30 of 36 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It's in there!" submitted March 8, 2013

Overall
Overall: Buying this amp wasn't about having a bunch of tones to juggle. I had a sound in my head and assumed an amp this flexible would have that tone in there somewhere. I'm happy to report it was in there, along with lots of other great sounds and flexibility. Thank you Marshall!

"This is by far the best Marshall has put out since the plexi and is worth the cash.If you can't find one new get it used.Why ele" submitted August 26, 2011

Overall
Sound: I love the sounds and tone you can get out of this amp pure great sound.The reverb I think is digital im not a fan of anything digital but this sounds awesome.The only thing I would like to add to the amp is a power scaler so I could use lower wattage,to produce different tones at different power levels. Feature: This amp is marshall maxed out they did a really good job of the features. Ease of Use: You can get a blues sound ac/dc metallica and more it has lots of room for a wide range of sound. Quality: The only reason I gave this a 9 is because when I first bought the amp the tubes went right away.I was unsure a that point of the product.Marshall replaced them for free.I have had the amp 3 years now and replace the tubes every year and the amp has never let me down since.Tubes are tube I guess. Value: The 10 say's it all you can get a lot worse amps for a lot more money. Manufacturer Support: Marshall didn't have to replace the tubes and they did I was impressed.I thought they would make me pay for them. The Wow Factor: I have it and if I knew how good it was of a find before I bought it I would buy it again.As a matter of fact I may buy the jvm 210 h for a third amp. Overall: I don't think I will get rid of this amp I like it too much.I use a Randy Rhoads Marshall as my back up,Im glad to say I don't use it much as it's rare.

"JVM melts your face." submitted October 9, 2008

Music Style: Anything Rock
Sound: What can I say, but WOW. This thing is a beast!! Ever since I started playing guitar I had dreamed of owning a Marshall, and this one being my first and only, it sounds just as bit as good as I ever thought it would. One thing I should mention though, was that the first cab I tried this head with was the 1960 cab, and in my opinion, it sounded awful. I wanted to return it the moment I started playing it. But after hearing what other people were using, the 1960AX, I decided to swap cabs (essentially swapping Vintage 30 speakers for Greenbacks). After that, it was nothing short of amazing. I also run this baby @ 50 watts with just two of the tubes because it is noticeable warmer. Now the Cleans are warm and responsive and have a crisp dynamic range, the Crunch on red mode can get a nice ACDC crisp distortion and the OD channels can take you anywhere from a light crunch to a seering heavy metal distortion. This amp is trully amazing. Feature: 4 channels each with their own gain, treble, bass, middle, volume and reverb channels and 3 unique modes, and two master volumes and prescence and resonance controls. Has an array of impedance output levels, wet - dry control and a programmable footswitch and effects loop. Just about all you would ever need regardless of your level of playing abilities. Ease of Use: At first, it can be a little confusing which is understandable considering it has a knob for just about anything, but believe me, it is worth it. Plug it in, and you will be jamming in 20 minutes or less. Quality: It looks awesome. Seems like some of the parts are kind of cheap to keep price down, like the knobs are cheap plastic. Seems like they put quality where it needs to be though, and that is inside the amp. Value: This thing is just awesome. If you dare, dare. Probably the best value amp I've ever owned, and resell value is pretty good. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to deal with that yet. The Wow Factor: Sex Appeal? This thing is orgasmic. It has the looks and the balls to back it up. It won't let you down. Overall: Overall, the best amp I have ever owned. If it was ever lost or stolen or broke beyond repair, I would buy another.

When you call, mention priority code 203-X0B8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976