When you call, mention priority code 1577-RTC6

Rating and Reviews: Marshall Class5 Combo Amp

The Marshall Class5 offers sweet tone in a small package. With a great-sounding Class A structure, the Class5 is great for bluesmen and rockers alike.

"a welcome addition to any guitarist" submitted January 10, 2011

By a customer from zruvogue.com
Overall
Musical Background: active hobbyist and recording artist
Music Style: pop rock, art rock, ballads
Sound: The sound of this amp is classic :) nice clean tone and when you crank the volume...a nice gritty bluesy distortion. If you plug this amp into an external extension speaker cabinet, it gets "are you kidding me" loud! for 5 Watts of power, but seems like much more. Feature: this amp is REALLY basic... volume, bass & treble knobs, an input and an on-off switch. not hard to figure out :) Ease of Use: very easy to use, unless one is severely brain-damaged. Quality: the amp seems to be very-well-made. I could not find a flaw on it. Value: this is an excellent value! an all tube Marshall amp for 399? come on! Manufacturer Support: have not used it. The Wow Factor: these are great little amps for small gigs...you can mic it up for bigger shows and it's do fine. Overall: I expect to enjoy this amp (for what it is) for a long time to come.

"Great All Valve Tone at a Great Price!" submitted January 3, 2012

By a customer from wavecable.com
Overall
Musical Background: Amature guitarist for 30 years.
Music Style: Mainly rock and acoustic.
Sound: High quality valve tone. Don't let the low watts fool you, this thing is loud. Sound is incredible: Rich clean creamy notes and full body chords at low volume; Higher volume adds a natural valvetone crunch. In addition, at higher volumes, the amp responds to how hard or soft your playing. The tone can't be duplicated by any solid state modeling amp or pedal. Nothing sounds like a genuine valve amplifier cranked. It is the heart of great rock and blues guitar and this little baby allows you to experience it at a reasonable price and volume. Feature: The best part about this amp is that it contains no more or no less than what you need. Simple volume and tone controls. The low watt switch on the combo will keep the neighbors happy. Master volume and standby switches would be a nice addition along with an effects loop, but certainly not necessary. Ease of Use: Simple. Turn it on, wait a minute or two, set the volume and tone. Rock and roll 101. Works well with pedals too. Quality: Well made with no issues so far. Should last for years. Value: This amp could sell for twice the asking price. Great entry level tube amp. I would recommend this to any beginner or intermediate electric guitarist as a starter amp. Buy one and you will no longer waste your time or money on solid state amps. Manufacturer Support: Marshall...nuff said. The Wow Factor: Sexy sound, sexy looks, with a nice boutique amplifier style. The sound alone makes you want to take it home. My wife heard me playing this the day I received it, and she commented on how good it sounds. Overall: I am completely satisfied with this amplifier. I own other valve amps and this one is a nice addition to the lot. Portable and versatile. If it were lost or stolen, I would replace it immediately with another.

"This is a great amp" submitted November 29, 2011

By a customer from delaralaw.com
Musical Background: Playing music for over 30 years, Guitar for 26
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues, Alternative, Jazz
Sound: This amp is awesome. It has a good warm tube tone, and sounds great clean at lower volumes. It also has a nice tube roar at higher volumes. I play one of my Gibson Les Paul's or my PRS Custom 24 through it and run an Ibanez Tube Screamer through it when cranked and the sound is classic Marshall (think early tool) Feature: Bare minimum, volume, tone controls, but they work Ease of Use: The simplicity of this amp is great, and it takes very little time to tweak for the right sound Quality: This amp is made very well (classic Marshall) and I love it in Red Value: This amp is awesome at any price, but for less than $400 it's not only a bargain, it's a steal Manufacturer Support: I have never had to deal with Marshall directly, but having owned several Marshall's in the past, I haven't had any problems and the quality has been outstanding The Wow Factor: Sound, appearance and value can't be beat Overall: If stolen, I would definitely replace. This amp is perfect for practice because of its compact size and wattage, but I've also run it through a Marshall Cab and the thing roars.

"Class 5, a Great little tube combo" submitted December 6, 2011

Musical Background: College ensemble/ Home jamming
Music Style: Blues/Rock
Sound: This amp is just a great little all tube marshall combo. I have the red version, what I like about these amps is the fact that they are very responsive to your playing the softer you pick the cleaner the tone if you have it on ten, and the harder you pick it'll gain a heavier sound. I love to play blues and rock so this amp fits very well in my style and I would recommend it to anyone looking for that vintage marshall sound. When push with a tubescreamer or od pedal of your choosing this amp can get really nasty haha which not a bad thing. Feature: Well this amp doesn't have many features at all it falls along the lines of simplicity actually, just a volume, treble, middle, and bass. This is a good amp not for people who love bells and whistles but for people that love simple good tube tone. Although it doesn't have a master volume don't let this deter your decision on this amp, it does have the low power switch which helps for at home playing. If you must play at super quiet levels I would definitely suggest an overdrive pedal of your choice bc the amp will not break up to distortion at very low volume levels, just fair warning to all of those out there who are wondering this. Ease of Use: As simple as you can get just turn it on dial in the eq to what you want and play, not much else can be done other than rock out. Quality: Very good quality I've had mine for 2 weeks now and haven't had any problems yet, but I don't expect to have any as I have had my class 5 head for over 6 months now and have had no problems yet. Value: It could be a little cheaper but for the tone its worth it Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them but I'm sure they'll help when needed. The Wow Factor: Clearly I wanted it and I couldn't resist so I'd definitely say it has that appeal. Overall: they'll be fine unless they want to upgrade to more wattage but I'm sure they will still keep this amp around.

"Great Tube Amp for a good price" submitted December 14, 2010

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: hobbyist..playing for 30+ years
Music Style: classic rock and blues
Sound: Classic Marshall tube tone. Louder than one would expect from a 5w amp. Once you get where you are over driving the tubes...wow the sound is really awesome. Feature: Very simple controls Ease of Use: Only 4 knobs..can't get much easier. Quality: Standard Marshall quality. Just as good as the one I bought back in the 80's while stationed in the UK. Value: A great sounding tube amp for this low of a price. Better get one while they are this cheap. Manufacturer Support: While in the UK, got a chance to take a tour of the marshall factory while having my amp converted from 220v to 110v. They did charge me at all. Very good service. I haven't had to use it for this product. The Wow Factor: Beautiful design..very nice looking product. Overall: This amp is a keeper. I would definitely replace it if something was to happen to it.

"baby plexi" submitted January 14, 2011

Musical Background: serious player
Music Style: rock,alternative,blues ,metal
Sound: just as i wanted this amp provides pure marshall tube tone and just like the its big plexi father it distorts when you turn it up. i was lucky enough to own a '73 super lead head with a master volume mod-it was my favorite amp ever=this little guy reminds me of the look and moet important the tone of my fav amp im a small package=good becaue i live in a one bedroom apartment. i know it sounds lame but im woundering a bout a masster volume Feature: i once had a epiphone valve jr. i loved the tube tone= this amp goes much further with an eq. section. i got the britsh racing green with the tweed grill. for me its definatly eye candy Ease of Use: the amp is super easy to use-plug in and play-i also run a tube screamer and a weeping demon wah-i use the amp mostly like this because of living spece-but still ear candy to me Quality: the main reason i bought this amp=a 5 watt british made marshall. the amp appears to be made very well so far. i also own a haze 40 combo i love it but its not made in the uk. i know how it sounds buti think the uk. marshalls may be better=definately more expensive Value: the price is competetive for what it is-price out similar amps fender ,mesa,vox all around the same price for low watt tube amps=i perfer marshall tone myself-it all in what you want Manufacturer Support: marshall for me has always been cool to deal with-iv email them before and they returned my emails=i had issuesmy haze 40=no problems since The Wow Factor: i love the brttish racing green, the gold piping ,the tweed grille the gold trimmed marshall logo=awesome eye candy to me- also most important the smell of those cooking tubes is completely intoxicating to me-ooooooooowwwweeee that smell!!!!! Overall: this amp will be with me till death do us part=ill pass it on when im gone=love it that much

"Dynamite in a small package!" submitted June 7, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: semi-pro
Music Style: rock, blues, outlaw country
Sound: Sounds great! I had to lower the pickups on my guitars ti get rid of an annoying, over compressed sound playing bar chords further up the neck. Now sounds great. Not muddy! Feature: Reverb would be nice, but old Marshalls didn't have reverb either.. Ease of Use: Couldn't be any easier! 4 knobs.. Quality: Great so far, Value: This price for an all tube Marshall?? Ya its a steal! Overall: The amp seemed to get louder and better sounding after a few uses. Maybe the tubes had to burn on or something, it sounds great. I thought I would have to mic it up, but it plenty loud playing in a 3 pc band in a medium size club and even outside. But no, it holds its own and is quite loud with a really full sound that wouldn't expect from such a small amp!

"Marshall Class 5 Combo (mkII) RAWKS!" submitted April 3, 2012

By Jack B in Columbia, MD
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years as a gigging musician - guitar, bass, mandolin..
Music Style: Blues, classic rock, jazz, Celtic, Christian
Overall: I received my Marshall Class 5 Combo (gorgeous red) a couple months ago, and put it through its paces. I have to say - not bad at all. It takes a few hours to break in its speaker, but after that - just grins. The amp loves pedals, and is great for practicing alone, recording, or jamming with a buddy. It doesn't have lots of clean headroom, but really - are non-master volume tube Marshalls about clean headroom? The latest model has a low power switch, making it the perfect bedroom amp. I could see running a pair or maybe three of these and gigging with 'em. Fun little amp. For what it is - British-made, all-tube Marshall combo... at this price? Awesome. (to be fair, i've not needed manufacturer's support, but this software requires a response)

"Great Amp for the money" submitted February 10, 2012

By Roy Lewis in Ofallon, MO
Musical Background: Instructor, 25 years experience
Music Style: Blues and Rock with some classical Influence
Overall: I was looking for a small tube amp that wouldn't wake the family when I decide to record music at 2am. This amp has some great tone. I have played some very crisp clean tones and gt a nice bluesy distorted tone out it of just messing around with it. I have also tried a few effects pedals which have produce some nice ear candy. I have a couple Fender Tube amps at 60 watts and I think this Marshall will hold up well to them in smaller venues and shows. Very impressed with the overall product and let me sat this is the first Marshall amp I ever owned.

"Great value,awesome amp period." submitted December 16, 2011

Overall
Sound: This is a great little amp. Ease of Use: Plug in and let it rip.4 knobs. Quality: Made in UK Value: Worth alittle more but don't tell anyone. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use support.But they forgot to include a wall outlet cord,no biggie being i have a few extras.

"An awesome deal in a great little tone box." submitted July 31, 2010

Music Style: Rock, blues, jam
Sound: The sound of this thing is unmistakably of Marshall lineage, with a touch of Vox AC-15 thrown in. I guess that comes from the Class A output stage. The amp is a little less midrangey and snarky than most of the classic Marshalls, but it is a great sound in itself. If you are looking for a Plexi clone in 5 watts, you will be disappointed. But if you are looking for a great tone in and of itself, this amp has it. Feature: This is a hard one to rate. I have had various amps with all kinds of effects loops, multiple channels, graphic eq's, tone shaping, power soaks, selectable power levels, et al. But it all boils down to this: You never get something for nothing. More features come with a price. The best sounding amps that I have ever owned have been the simple one trick pony amps. This is one of those. I'd rather have a a couple of one trick pony amps and use an A/B switch than a two channel amp anyday. So although I cannot rate this a 10 because it is not Star Trek worthy, it has everything it needs to sound good. Ease of Use: One volume, three tone. There's not a bad tone in this thing unless you turn the bass all the way up. Then it gets kind of flubby. Otherwise, it's all good. Quality: I've not had a problem with it, but I can see that there are some materials used in this amp that are not of the highest quality. The handle brackets are either plastic of some kind of cheap metal. The screws look like they are cheap pot metal. The vent grill on top is spray painted plastic. As long as the innards are decent quality, I'll be happy. But I have read about the infamous rattle these things are famous for. Mine is very quiet and has no quirks. I hope it stays that way. Value: This amp is an incredible value. It's just dripping with good tone that is as good or better than many of the hand wired boutique amps. It is more cheaply constructed, but they have to cut costs somewhere to sell it for $399. I think Marshall and ZZounds have a real winner here. And is you use ZZounds 'Play as you Pay' this thing is not much of a burden to buy at all. It is one of the better purchases I have made in a long time. Manufacturer Support: The 'Features' and 'Support' ratings really need a selection for 'Not Applicable' or 'Not Rated'. I have not had to use support, so any rating I choose is going to artificially inflate or deflate that rating. I have not had to use Marshall's customer support. The Wow Factor: It has sex appeal. Just look at the photos, listen to the various clips on YouTube, and read what everyone has to say about it. Sure, there are naysayers. It's not perfect. But for $399, you cannot ask for more, because it's just not out there. Overall: I'm keeping this one. I really don't think they will remain $399 and made in the UK. I really think that when the economy picks back up that some of the components costs will increase as well as labor costs and therfore either the price will inevitably go up or they will move production elsewhere. So this is one of those things that you had better get it while you can and hang onto it. Besides, I'm starting to see some people modding these things which is a good sign that they are building quite a following. And as we all know, once the demand rises, so does the price.

"Highly Recommended" submitted April 30, 2012

Overall
Overall: Great amp. Very loud, beautiful and detailed overdriven tones.Not much room for clean tones, that's not this amp's forte.Loud for a 5 watts. Pure tone. Would definitely play at a gig if micked.

Marshall Class5 Combo Amp Customer Review submitted January 3, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Musical Background: part time musician in a band
Music Style: Rock blues
Sound: Classic Marshall sound, clear, can get Marshall crunchy and loud, there is no mistaking the tone but it is not limited to it. I love playing any of my guitars through this amp from epi les pauls to fender strat and tele. All packaged in a small. but not too small, light-weight package. I have not used this live yet or in a recording setting, only in practice, with another guitarist, bass, drummer, and singer. It has no problem keeping up with everyone. I love this amp, could play all day through it. I have not played it through a cabinet but would like to just to check out the sounds. Its great on its own though. I would buy another one without hesatation. Its made at Marshall in England, hard to believe that the price will remain this low. Best small tube amp for the money out there right now, incredible volume, will blow away pricier low watt tube amps even 15 watt blues jrs. Feature: In my opinion, less is more, the controls are simple, the way a good tube amp should be. Takes pedals well. 1 input jack, volume, treble, middle, and bass knobs, powere toggle switch, headphone and ext speaker jack in the back, nice and simple. More amp Volume helps achieve more crunch and then you can manipulate the guitar volume for different sounds, there are some good demo videos out there that show this very well. Overall quality and Componets seem fine, its a printed circuit board but thats no issue, some people just want that "hand wired point to point". If you play through this amp you will be sold on it. Ease of Use: I set the volume at about 6 or 7 and use my guitars volume knob to adjust my level with the people I am playing with. This has been working well for what we are doing, classic and hard rock. Very easy to use amp. Works well with single coils or humbuckers. Quality: I have a newer model (got it Christmas 2010) and have not expereienced any rattle issues that I've heard of in some earlier models. I wouldn't mind having another one for the back-up amp. I ahvent had it that long and have not gigged with it yet, so no accidental drops or banging around. Its small enough and light enough that those incidents should be kept to a minimal. I gave it an overall nine because I havent used it live and havent had it that long, the quality appears to be very good. Value: Very reasonable, a very affordable amp that is worth the money. Best small tube amp for the money that I have seen in a long time. I've either had or played through most of the big name amps, this is it. Manufacturer Support: Havent had to deal with them yet The Wow Factor: I've got the British racing green model, looks killer. A nice two tone wheat colored grill cloth, very cool design. The class 5's tonal qualities and sheer punch plus the practical size and weight and the price is just too much to pass up. Overall: I will kepp it until it falls apart and replace it with another. I will probably get another type of amp just for some more sounds and I like haveing more gear. I have heard about this amp and then my friend, other guitarist in our band got one, I was sold.

"Marshall Class 5 Combo (a little gem)" submitted April 15, 2012

By Mark A
Overall
Musical Background: Retired from gigging, now recording at home.
Music Style: Little of this, little of that but mostly classic rock.
Sound: Harmonic qualities are impressive, very responsive to input. Feature: K.I.S.S. principle in a nutshell. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, just get used to using volume knob on the guitar. Quality: Very good quality, but not intended for road use. Value: This is an excellent value for its intended purpose. Manufacturer Support: No need to contact yet, but have heard good things from others. The Wow Factor: Definitely has the Marshall vibe. Overall: The two main reasons I purchased this over other products in its class is, 1) 50 years of valve amp experience, and 2) not made in Mexico, China, Korea, etc. I got tired of solid state technology and wanted the warmth and harmonic bliss of an all valve amp. This amp is all that and more. Perfect for a home studio, it is an excellent platform in which to build on. The tonal qualities are excellent regarding playing techniques and in my opinion, the best way to use it is to max out the amp volume and use guitar input for control. The low power setting helps to keep neighbors happy(er), as the normal power mode is suprisingly loud for 5 watts. Build quality is very good and although I could care less about cosmetics, it does has the mini Marshall "look". This is an excellent value for what is intended for. It will not replace all of your equipment, but is suprisingly versatile.

"marshall nails it" submitted May 10, 2011

Overall
Sound: it sounds like what an amp should sound. full of life and sensitive to the touch. gave it an 8 because even at 5 watts it was too loud to crank it enough to get overdrive. it also started to break up around 4 so not a lot of really clean headroom. i was using it with a les paul and a strat. with the strat it had more clean tone. Feature: not a lot of features but it did have speaker out and headphone out as well as 3 band eq. tube amps at this price point and segment of the market dont have those features. wished it had a master volume. it is also light so you dont break your back. Ease of Use: cant get any easier Quality: seems really solid and well designed. apart from some tube rattling i have no complaints. Value: worth every penny Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: mine was green so it looks awesome too. Overall: im always changing gear so i might end up trading this for a amp with master volume or 2 channels or more watts so i can play with a band.

"Finally.......THE amp has landed." submitted March 30, 2010

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: every day guitarist (not just the weekends) LOL
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Psychedelic
Sound: Sound? Plah heese..... Clapton, Green, Taylor with the Bluesbreakers?...Check Hendrix?...Check Cream?.....Check This amp covers it all as far as Marshall sounds from the 60's. 1/4 up is a beautiful clean, Half way and it starts to break up sweetly, 3/4 and it's bluesbreaker all the way. Full up and it roars with plexi goodness. With humbuckers, it definately breaks up earlier. More clean headroom with single coils. Responds remarkably to guitar volume, just turn down to clean up the sound. Fantastic with playing dynamics, play soft and it's sweet clean, dig in and grind. Great with pedals. Plug in a Fuzz Face for instant melt in your face Hendrix, plug in a Wah for White Room and Tales of Brave Ulysses all day. By far the best sounding amp I have heard in it's class. It does get very surprisingly loud for a 5W, loud enough for rehearsals with drums and guitar/bass. Other peeps have said it can be muddy/tone robbing with the 10" speaker. Nonsense. They must have mud in their ears. Add the ability to hook up to a 16 ohm speaker cab which I have not done yet, and the headphone output. Perfect. Killer Tone. Feature: Straight forward, no nonsense. 10" speaker, 2 12ax7 preamp tubes, one EL84 Power tube, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass. This is a plus for people just wanting tone. No digital stuff, No extreme EQ, No built in effects. For those who know, this is it. Hook it to a 16 ohm cab, or play through the headphone output (which gets REALLY loud through headphones) One huge bonus of the headphone output is that it includes the power amp and transformer, therefore you are getting the true tone out of it. Here's a trick...if plugging into a recorder direct or other audio source, using a 1/4" instrument plug, only put it in halfway (due to the output being stereo, this will allow you to get enough volume into the recorder and such) Ease of Use: Could it be any easier? Tune up, Plug in, Turn on. Quality: There has been some said about rattling issues. Mine has almost none at all. If a little rattle is too much to deal with.........go play out of a line 6.......? Value: Great. For 400 bones, you would have to be a fool not to grab one up. This IS the tone if you are a tone purest. If you are willing to sacrifice a few more bucks than say....Vox AC4TV, Blackstar HT-5, Epiphone Valve Jr., etc. etc.......Well worth it. Manufacturer Support: ? Haven't needed it The Wow Factor: C'mon? You know you want one. Overall: Best tone out of the box I have ever heard. Will blow away any other amp out there right now in it's power class. This is destined to be a modern classic. Love it.

"Marshall Class 5 Red Beast" submitted January 21, 2012

By Joe D
Overall
Musical Background: Semi professional guitarist 30 years. Part time.
Music Style: Rock, christian, metal.
Overall: I just got a "blem" red class 5. I gotta tell you, the blem was so minor I hardly noticed it. And it is easy to repair the little cut in the tolex. Where to start, great price and classic Marshall tones. Not a super high gain amp but really articulate and tuneful. If you want soul and tubes at a nice volume, this is the ticket. 5 surprisingly loud watts. With a 4x12 you could gig with this thing too even unmiked, at a polite volume.

"Class 5 Small Light and Loud" submitted February 12, 2012

By Joe DeMErs in kennewick, WA
Musical Background: Semi-pro
Music Style: Rock, christian rock.
Overall: Overall, this is a basic straight ahead class a tone machine. It is great at reasonable volumes, read very loud for it size and power. This really gives up the classic british tone of the plexi but has enough gain to satisfy. It also does take front pedals well too for even more gain.

"Think HARD!" submitted December 9, 2010

Overall
Sound: Well for all the tone SNOBS out there whom think the label makes the sound great GUESS WHAT! NOT! Sure this has more than the Epiphone VJ although not very much at all! And the sound well that is for the EARS of EACH! I own 7 valve juniors of which I modded all but one and let me tell you ALL OF MY VJ's sound BETTER than this! Even the stock sounded better than this! I have heard of people modding these and getting some great tones but come on isn't QUALITY worth something? I would much rather pay 159.00 for a combo VJ and put 100.00 in mods and have a TRULY BOUTIQUE amplifier with BALLS along with an EXTRA $100.00 to apply to another VJ! I can't say ENOUGH about the QUALITY of the VJ and would NEVER pay for this nameplate! Sorry I like SOUND over NAME any day of the week! Feature: NONE! Oh wait the nameplate...... Quality: Nice NAMEPLATE! Value: 129.00 at the most! Manufacturer Support: I have heard here in the U.S. it is almost non-existent! The Wow Factor: SORRY! I've been modding and playing the BEST SOUNDING 5 WATT amps made! Epiphone Valve Junior! MUCH BETTA!

When you call, mention priority code 1577-RTC6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976