When you call, mention priority code 175L-SF89

Rating and Reviews: Marshall AS50D Amplifier

Bring Marshall power to your acoustic gig! This 50-watt 2x8" amp offers instrument and phantom-powered mic channels, plus digital chorus and reverb effects.

"Best acoustic amp the the money." submitted February 23, 2011

By a customer from frontier.com
Musical Background: Active musician, home recording
Music Style: Classic rock, folk and blues
Sound: I tried several acoustic amps head to head at my local music store. It didn't take long to realize that for the money, nothing beat the clean, warm sound for this Marshall amp. I play several different guitars through it, as well as a mic and the sound is clear, clean and fits the actual sound of each of my guitars. Feature: I use the reverb and chorus sparingly if at all but for the guitar channel it is sufficient. I use the line out for recording and it produces a clean accurate sound. For gigs I use the direct out to my PA which along with the amp produces a full, nice and powerful sound. No headphone jack? While the anti-feedback features helped a little, it still doesn't do the job of a dedicated anti-feedback rack. Ease of Use: It didn't take long to get a great sound from this amp. Very easy to dial it in. Quality: Its a Marshall! Looks great. Appears well made. I have used it for two months and have had no problems with it at all. Value: As I said earlier, I tried out several of the name brand acoustic amps head to head at my local music store and for the money, nothing came close to this amp as far as sound and features. Manufacturer Support: There is no selection indicating that I haven't had to use customer support, which I haven't so I have no opinnion. The Wow Factor: Hey, its a Marshall! It looks great and I didn't hesitate to purchase it. Overall: I think I will be using this amp for a long, long time. The only reason I would have to purchase another would be the need for more power and then I would purchase the Marshall 100 watt amp. Everyone who has heard and used this amp in my studio and at gigs loves it.

" For the money you are not going to get much better. " submitted July 4, 2007

By a customer from schools.sunderland.gov.uk
Music Style: Praise and Worship
Sound: Having always previously plugged straight into the desk the improvement in sound by lining out from this amp was mind blowing. I play a Martin guitar and this amp helps me get the very best from it. The sound is clean and natural, recreating the lovely deepness I get from my guitar. For a relatively inexpensive amp I find the reverb great adding a warmth and depth to the sound that makes an acoustic instrument sound very natural. The chorus is adequate but I personally prefer the sound straight. It makes my acoustic sound so good I even choose to plug it in when strumming at home. Feature: Very good reverb and a satisfactory chorus (others will find this good I just personally don’t like the chorus sound on my playing). The anti feedback bit seems to work as well but I haven’t a lot of experience of using this. Have tried it using the two channels mixed together and the sound is still spot on. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. The great sound encourages you to experiment with different settings Quality: It’s now living life on the road and is standing up well. Not too heavy but it’s got a feel of quality. Value: I auditioned 3 amps of about the same price and this was by far the best. Yes you may be paying a bit more because it’s a Marshall but you get a quality amp. Manufacturer Support: No experience needed yet. The Wow Factor: The brown of Marshall’s acoustic amps are a matter of taste. But hey, who looks at an amp on a dark stage? Overall: I can see me hanging on to this bit of kit for a long time.
73 of 75 people (97.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Like an Old Fiend" submitted April 11, 2013

By Paul D in Evans City, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing and singing for 35+ years, and I'm still trying to get it right.
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, coffeehouse,rock, blues, generally eclectic.
Sound: The sound of this unitis quite adaptable. I play most anyting rom contemporary Christian to country and rock. The rage of this unit is impressive. Feature: The sum of all the parts of this unit compliment each other. Thee reall isn't anything I've found that I dislike. From reverb to speed and paralleling out speakers from the unit, it really is a marvel. Ease of Use: You must sit down and play with it to learn adjustments to our style; but that's the fun part of ti amp! You'll learn things about your sound preferences that you've never considered before. When it comes to ease of use, we're always learning new "stuff" about our gear! If you think you know it all, take a step back...you don't. Quality: It's a Marshall...enough said. Value: No question about it; like I said, it's easily worth twice the cost!! Manufacturer Support: Owned mine for about a year...no need to contact them to date. The Wow Factor: It's attractive looking. It looks like a piece of expensive high-tech furniture. I could gt OK sound from any amp...acoustic or otherwise. This is my buddy...my "old friend." Overall: This unit is a fine acoustic amplifier. It's dependable, acurate and has great girth when needed. It's rare to fine such qualities in an acoustic amp at twice the price, but then...it's a Marshall! After dealing with guitars, amps, ad sound systes for over 35 years, I just don't see how you can go wrong with this "old friend."

"Excellent Amp for your Accoustic Guitar" submitted January 3, 2014

By Chris Richardson in Hagerstown, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Been jammin at home for a number of years...
Music Style: Blues, rock
Sound: I do not play professionally, I play at home, so I thought I would not need any more oomph than the AS50D, and I was right because this thing packs a punch! It is more than plenty loud to gig with and if you need more power, then the AS100D is available. This amp nails it so spot on for me that I leave my guitar and the amps EQ's dead flat, no gain or loss on anything, and I find the crystal clear sound from each note to be bright and right where I want it. I am free to add Bass, Mids and Highs however I need them later if I choose, but I am happy where its at. Excellent job a reproducing the acoustic sound. Feature: Pretty much has all you need for an acoustic amp. The acoustic sound is the star of course, and to compliment that there is a Chorus effect and Reverb that you can add. There is an aux second channel that you can add a mic into and it has phantom power. You can also add chorus and reverb to the second channel. This amp also features some good anti feedback options to help you eliminate those frequencies that just can't seem to control themselves! Ease of Use: Very easy to use, as intuitive as any amp but made specifically for acoustic sound. Quality: Its a well made Marshall amp, the quality is very good. I don't gig so I don't carry it around with me, but I would imagine it would hold up about as well as other Marshalls out there. Value: If you like the rich sound of a plugged in acoustic guitar, then you will not regret this amp. If you don't mind the muddier/warmer sound of a regular amp for your acoustic then stick with that, it just depends on how much more true acoustic tone you want out of your amp. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it so far... The Wow Factor: The wow factor is the sound. This is a great amp. The quality of the build adds to that and the brown/gold look adds an old school look to it too. Overall: I decided to get an acoustic amp to go with a new Takemine I bought. The guitar already sounded good through my Bugera v22 Vintage amp but it is night and day compared to this amp. The true character of the acoustic guitar sound really shines through on a well made amp such as this and its bigger brother, the AS100D. Don't get me wrong, I love my Bugera v22, but there is no way I can get the clean ringing notes from my acoustic like I can from this Marshall. I would highly recommend any acoustic player check out these well made and really good sounding Marshall amps.

"Very nice Amp for practice and the small stage. Just a nice clean sound" submitted December 22, 2011

By a customer from owenpeterson.com
Overall
Musical Background: just jam at home mostly on my guitars and keyboards.. self taught and just enjoy music
Music Style: Rock and pop
Sound: Nice smooth tone. I have been able to plug in my old Ibanez RoadStar electric guitar for playing some hard rock and also able to play my new Ibanez electric / acoustic guitar for a great clear tones. What surprised me is being able to use the aux. plug in to hook up a mic or my keyboards for some pretty good sound as well. This Amp has some nice features and can be used for any type of music you want to play. Feature: Having both a guitar and aux. jack that do play completely separate from one another is nice when most amps just don;t quite make them completely separate, and anyone who has plugged in a guitar and a mic to an amp and it just doesn't cut it where this amp does a much better job of it. The chorus, reverb, and anti feedback controls were a nice surprise as well.. I would say for the price this is a great amp for practice or the small stage. Ease of Use: Very playable for all instruments. I have plugged in 3 different guitars, a mic and a keyboard and had very nice results with all of them. Quality: Its a Marshall.. enough said!!! Value: Can not beat the price and this is a quality Amp to use just about any where. Manufacturer Support: have not had to call and do not expect to have to call any time soon. The Wow Factor: the name, the look and the features make this a very appealing Amp for anyone. Overall: I would buy this amp again if someone was foolish enough to type and steal it from me

"ART IN TECHNOLOGY" submitted January 8, 2009

By none at present
Overall
Musical Background: Bassist-guitarist on road for 20 years.
Music Style: Rockabilly, Texas Swing, C@W, Blues
Sound: This amp sounds as gorgeous as it looks! My Ovation sounds better than ever with this amp. It has plenty of extra headroom and is well balanced across the audio spectrum with excellent parameters to adjust to any situation! Feature: I will need to get a footswitch and amp cover. Otherwise, this baby has it. Ease of Use: This amp is very easy to use and intuitive. Nice placement of controls. Quality: I am impressed with the qc and qa-Really nice!! Value: Great value!! I checked out Fender and Peavey as well. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any The Wow Factor: Looks great! Nice color selections-I want nice looking gear on stage! This amp is an example of art in technology. Overall: This amp is a KEEPER! For an acoustic-electric guitar one cannot do better.

"thank god for this amp" submitted July 10, 2007

Musical Background: active for years
Music Style: rock, blues, bluegrass
Sound: very good amp. mine is the AS50R the sound will match up to any room, unlike some other brands that sound great in the store, but doesnt cut it at venues( to processed). this is a pro amp. i compared it side bt side with the fender products, even SWR. yes ive owned the acoustisonic and it sucks for me.the fenders sound cool and have cool reverb but hated the chorus, to swirly for me. the Marshall holds up well and i like it better. the AS50R has been a main part of my sound for 4 years now. i love it! the reverb isnt the best but will do the job. less is more, believe it. the R series is a real 3 spring reverb tank. i like the chorus a lot. plenty loud too. good bass response when on the floor. i sometimes use an amp stand for certain applications. ive heard of many experienced giggers use this, im one of them. at high volumes you may have to adjust the tone a little but over all im very happy. Feature: this should come with a footswitch but oh well ,any 2 button marshall switch will work fine. chorus and reverb on/off. i can line out to the pa system or line out the pa to this amp for a powered monitor set up or certain set ups position the amp to fill a gap you need filled without killing the folks with volume. great features. XLR direct out or 1/4 " line out available. never use the fx loop. Ease of Use: very easy to use and works great and blends well with other equipment i promise. Quality: very durable,although its particle board. always works. Value: best value ever, pro features for under 400$ US. Manufacturer Support: ive never needed costumer support with any marshall ive owned ever. unlike fender products that seem to always be in the shop. i dumped all my fender amps because of that. i always had to repair them several times a year. The Wow Factor: looks cool. always gets noticed. Overall: i'll buy over and over, no question if needed
39 of 42 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Cool Amplifier!" submitted January 12, 2009

Music Style: Acoustic, Rock, Pop, Alternative,
Sound: This is actually my 1st amp & acoustic amp. I don't have much experience w/ any other amp other than a crate amp. It is an acoustic amp & does its job well. It can instantly change your acoustic guitar's tone to a professional like sound. I play it w/ my Ovation Ultra 2071 & can't be any more happier with this buy. :) Feature: I've seen some better features but for the price you are paying for ,not many amps have these features in it. Ease of Use: very simple to use a couple of knobs Quality: Mines just sitting in one place & i doubt it'll fall apart even if i sat on it. lol. Value: A great value. Lightweight 40 something lbs & has amazing acoustic amp tones reverb etc. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to dealt w/ anything yet. The Wow Factor: I have no opinions because i have never tested out any of its competitors. Overall: I actually found a better bargain on a higher priced amp but am probably just gonna end up keeping this nice amp. :)

"Finally found what I was looking for." submitted May 20, 2009

Music Style: Country ,Rock
Sound: Good lows, great highs,warm sound not tinny. Compared to Crate125,Behringer180,Behringer100,FenderAcoustasonic SFXII. Feature: Could use a foot switch for the price. Ease of Use: Good clean vocals and guitar matched. Quality: Solid body and hefty weight. Had to tighten screws to stop some buzzing, nothing major. Value: A little pricey but worth it. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to use them. The Wow Factor: Easy to use, plenty to play with. Overall: I will use this until I can afford a AS100D. Need more volume when play with band.

""A MUST HAVE for the serious gigger..."" submitted October 27, 2010

Music Style: Rock...
Sound: I find this to be a very responsive amp which keeps its tone and clarity no matter the venue or volume. All of my acoustic guitars have their own distinctive sounds through my AS-50. Feature: No. Ease of Use: Although the reverb is a bit shallow, the clarity at higher volumes is what sets this amp apart from others I've played. Quality: I am a stickler for detail, and I scrutinized this amp from top to bottom. I am extremely pleased with the tight corner fittings and the taught grill cloth layout. Knobs are heavy and feel set by a precision crafstman. I highly recommend this amp. Value: Yes - worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with this company yet. The Wow Factor: It always starts a conversation just sitting there! Overall: I have nothing but praise for the Marshall AS-50.

"sexy amp!" submitted December 26, 2010

Overall
Sound: Very clean sound. I have a small studio and it is great for my hollow body dreadnought accoustic/electric. Very responsive, bright tone quality. Feature: Phantom power is nice to have. Ease of Use: Just as easy as can be. Pay attention to the feedback control, you have to have the black button engaged to work that knob. Quality: Solid. Nice knobs, just pretty too. Value: good price. My first good amp so I cant really compare. The Wow Factor: very sexy!

"marshall as50d acoustic amp" submitted February 12, 2014

By dave b in plymouth, NY
Musical Background: been plugging along for 20 years
Music Style: rock and blues
Overall: wish to thank zzounds for there great service and quick delivery time. the marshall is everything described and better than expected.i priced it out at other music stores and the ptice can't be beat. keep up the good work zzounds and I will recommend you to all my fellow misicians...

"Great little amp" submitted May 8, 2014

Overall
Overall: I have a weekly gig at a restaurant playing background music, and this thing is totally loud enough for a 30x30 restaurant/bar, with pool tables and people conversing. the two channels are great for panhandling too. I play out on the street on weekends and it works great as far as being loud enough. And it sounds great. there's no distortion on the vocals or guitar, even when turned up to 75%, which is the highest I'll ever go on any of my amps.

"LOve this AMP" submitted September 15, 2014

By Jarod Delgado in Payne, OH
Music Style: Solo artist, acoustic, Rock
Overall: This is actually only my 2nd amp ever owned, but i have NO complaints with it. If you are a solo artist, this amp is perfect for you!!! It even has an XLR Input where you can hook your vocal mic up to it!!! Great for Small Gigs!!!!

"Marshall AS50D Acoustic guitar amp" submitted July 12, 2012

By Danny Friel in Edinburgh, NA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 50+ years, Play Guitar, Lead singer and rythm Guitarist with Danny and the Movers
Music Style: Rock and Roll, Country Rock, Blues,
Overall: I have been giging with this baby for 3 years now and it has paid for itself many times over!! Line out with reverb channel halfway then into Mixer and then through Mackie Powered speakers... My Gibson songwriter sounds Amazing!!!! I am now looking to purchase the big brother AS100...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Everything they said it was" submitted September 22, 2014

By Gary C in Dixon, MO
Musical Background: been playing for 30+ yrs
Music Style: played allot of rock but just contemporary christian now
Overall: I purchased the Marshall ASD50 i had never owned an acoustic amp before but am glad i bought one i use it with my taylor 414 and it sounds awsome some songs you just got to go acoustic.

"Great Amp!" submitted March 6, 2012

By Bob F in Mendham, NJ
Musical Background: Musician, play guitar for 30 years
Music Style: rock, blues, country rock
Sound: Wonderful, round, soft sound. Enough adjustments to get it just right. Feature: Chorus sounds great - not too much, not too little. Also frequency adjustment helps to negotiate any feedback from your acoustic. Ease of Use: 5 min. learning curve. I use this with an A/B Box and mix with my Fender Twin. Gives a great soft sound with presence. Easy to use. Can quickly get to the sound you want. Quality: Excellent quality. I bought this in 2007, still using today and like brand new. Speakers and tweeter sound great. Well built. Classy chassie. Value: Yes. I think it is priced appropriately. The performance exceeds my expectations even now - after using it for 4 years. Manufacturer Support: Never had the occasion to. The Wow Factor: Its a classy looking amp, sits on top of my Fender Twin and sounds great. Perfect for me. I was considering upgrading to the 100W version, but didn't need to. Overall: I bought this amp in 2007, use it with my Taylor T5 PRS McCarty with an A/B Switch between this and a Fender Twin. The AS50D has a wonderful sound, with a lot of presence, soft chordial sound, and I love it! I use the DI output in back of the amp to run it through my PA also, and it really is a great amp.

When you call, mention priority code 175L-SF89. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976