When you call, mention priority code 1567-GK38

Rating and Reviews: Marshall AS100D Amp

Take the stage with the Marshall AS100D. The AS100D offers ample power, a wide variety of effects, and great sound reproduction.

"A Amp With Punch That Didn't Color My Tone" submitted April 8, 2010

Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Funk
Sound: I have tried many brands and models of acoustic combo amps and never quite found that one amp to cover all my needs. Then I tried the Marshall AS100D and knew I had found the holy grail. It's the first acoustic amp to reproduce exactly what my acoustic guitar sounds like unamplified. Most amps have a tendency to color the tone of the guitar which may or may not flatter it. The AS100D not only retains my guitars tone but it also gives it a tight punchy sound with out any distortion. With the anti feedback controls I can completely eliminate that issue all together. I have played professionally for nearly 40 years and have played many styles of music my favorite being 70's rock and Southern rock. The AS100D has no problem handling these styles what so ever. I haven't had the chance to try it in an outdoor setting but in doors it performs incredibly. I wasn't sure how the AS100D would handle my Digitech Vocalist Live 4.It did require a little adjusting of volumes on both the amp and effects unit to quail the mics feedback. Once the sweet spot was dialed in the two performed as if made for each other. Feature: I love the Feedback feature it's so nice not to have to worry about that anymore. Ease of Use: Well I'm not a engineering genius but to figure out how to setup the AS100D is a no brainer. At first I thought I was an idiot because I couldn't get the effects to work. Then I discovered that I hadn't clicked the footswitch and once I did that...Walla. Other then that I didn't even open the manual that came with it, it's that easy. Quality: I've owned many brands of amps and all of them were built very well and the Marshall AS100D is no exception to the rule. She is very well constructed even the knobs on the face turn smooth as silk. One thing I noticed is that there is almost no waiting for the amp to warm up, I press the power button and in seconds I am ready to go. One of the things I wasn't expecting is how nice the amp looks the best word I can think of off hand is ( PLUSH ). Value: Compared to other brand amps of this type I would say the AS100D is well worth the selling price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them so far. The Wow Factor: I wouldn't change a thing about the looks of this Amp, to me she is nothing but gorgeous. I'd say she is way nicer looking aesthetically then just about all the other amps out there of this type. Overall: As long as Marshall produces this kind of quality amp and of this type I can't see me purchasing any other brand. Other brands would have to create an amp that tone wise would leave the Marshall in the dirt. So far I haven't heard one that can.

"Marshall AS100D Acoustic Guitar Amp" submitted May 13, 2012

By John Jacobsen in Newark, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 3 years. Country, southern rock, I play acoustic guitar, write and sing originals mostly, and do covers
Music Style: Country, southern rock, blues,
Overall: My dealings with Zzounds first of all were, and always are, effortless, fun, exciting, and offer the best deals. Pricing is great, shipping is always fast and trouble free. This purchase was no exception. I bought a "blemished" model, but I can't see a single thing wrong with it, other than it was obvious that the packing had been redone, as this was a return product. In any event, the item works perfectly. Now, about the amp! The tonal quality of this amp for acoustic guitar is just really astounding... if u are into music at all then you know that all amps and guitars have their own personality of sound and vibe. I would say that this Marshal amp retains some punchy and clear "electric" nuance that works really good for an acoustic and adds some edge to the amplified sound without changing the guitar character. The volumes levels can go to quite good decibels with very little or no feedback problems. My biggest COMPLAINTS: 1. the effects are homogenous across all channels. you cannot have seperate effects on different channels, and I dont want delay on my guitar. I just want delay on my vocals, so that is a huge flaw for me... Also the efffects options available, seem to be more of a Marshal legacy menu i.e. "electric guitars with distortion effects" than true acoustic vocals or recording studio effects. Also, while their are seemingly lots of effects, the changes betweem most of them are fairly insignificant. I purchased this amp mainly because it had 4 channels which I have yet to fully utilize, but I have played drum tracks through the RCA channel and found that to be quite an efficient option, as it allows me to carry in one less box (drum tracks amp) into my gigs. The fit finish, look and feel are extremely compelling... I am proud to load in to a bar with that meaty heavy Marsahl amp carried in my hand... and ultimately it does provide VERY good clean full sound with vanilla effects such as reverb / chorus / room / hall etc... My guitar sound is very good as are the vocals, but again, I prefer seperate vocal effects than my guitar effects.... I think this amp is a super road warrior and I have yet to really put it a thorough use cycle of many months, but Ill keep it and use it because it is a real bullet proof solid and good sounding acoustic amp that I am sure will eventually proove to be of great value, albeit as a sort of no frills effects unit, with super good amplification and pure acoustic presence.

"this is a marshall through and through" submitted August 28, 2013

By Nathan Olivarez in Austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Professional 12 String Wizard playing for over four decades.
Music Style: Acoustic Progressive Rock not your momma's old folk music
Overall: Everyone know that you can not beat the Marshall sound and this is especially true for the Marshall AS100D acoustic amp. I have purchased four of these over the years and people have loved them so much they have bought them from me on the spot!! I play Takamine 12 strings exclusively and the tone is truely an acoustic tone, not an electric guitar amp twangy tone, but a warm, crisp, beefy tone. Next is these things have a Quadroverb built right in them. Yes, the effects are built by Alesis. Crazy amazing. I run two amps with an AB box for a single signal and i have one amp with a hall reverb and the other with a chorus/ flanger type effect. My band is kind of loud so i have custumized the amp by replacing the tweeter with horns. Got tired of replacing them but the warrenty took care of it everytime. I paid for the upgrade. Last but not least, this is perfect for small solo gigs, outdoor patio gig and or Christmas gig. It literally take the place of a small PA. I roll my case in then plug in and go!! If you want something that rocks like a Marshall but is as versatle as a small PA the MARSHALL AS100D ACOUSTIC is the only way to go!!!

"Best all around acoustic amp out there!" submitted January 8, 2014

By Mark O in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Musical Background: 40+ years a semi-professional musician
Music Style: Indie-folk, Dylan,Blues
Overall: After owning this amp for less than a week, I sold my Fishman Soloamp. The body and presence of the tone from the AS100D is a perfect match for my Taylor & Guildacoustic-electrics. Very versatile except for the weight, which is a bit more than my Fishman.

"The best acoustic amp in it's class period. And sounds beautiful with a electric as well if your looking for a pure, clean sound" submitted March 21, 2006

By a customer from misn.com
Musical Background: 30 yr hobbyist
Music Style: Contemporary Christian
Sound: The sound is pure and the cleanest of cleans. My Fender Custom Shop Showmaster Standard sounds absolutely awesome, and my Takamine EF400SC 12 string which is what I really bought the amp for sounds angelic, sounds like a beautiful piano on steroids. Feature: Crisp Clear vocals through the built in mic channel. Ease of Use: Lot's of features to learn to use properly but after owniong a AVT150H and a AVT275 was a breeze. Quality: Quality, fit and finish are great. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them so an 8 to be safe. The Wow Factor: If Looks mean anything It has a very well designed layout, looks very profesional. Overall: I've owned to many amps to count in 30 yrs, Fenders, Crates, Peavey's, Marshall's, After the AS100D I wouldn't go back to any of them.
63 of 74 people (85.14%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"As100 Coustic guitar amp" submitted March 3, 2014

By Kevin s in penn valley, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar since I was 12 years old.I have several Taylor guitars .I play in a band
Music Style: play the blues ,rock, country
Overall: if you were looking for an app that has the Acoustical sound you found it tones on this amplifier is outstanding it's the first time that I found a amp and that actually sounds like my guitar when I play it through the AMP

"Marshall AS100D Acoustic Guitar Amp" submitted May 30, 2014

By Richie V in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Freelance Musician Professionally over 30 years. I play trombone, guitar, bass and percussion.
Music Style: Jazz, latin jazz, salsa, rock, hip-hop, country, blues.
Overall: This is real deal Acoustic Guitar Amp, you cannot go wrong with it. Perfect for small gigs and also for large ensemble. Excellent sound and quality, easy to use more than i expected. Highly recommended.

"True tone sound " submitted December 18, 2013

By Chris Gulley in Columbus, MS
Musical Background: Been playing on and off all my life . Guitar
Music Style: Rock / Christian
Overall: This is the best for the money amps you can get. When you really want to here your acoustic Guitar. There's no other.

"Marshall AS 100 D is as natural a sounding acoustic amp as you can get." submitted October 7, 2010

By a customer from greschel.info
Musical Background: Play weekly for church
Music Style: Contemporary Christian and classic rock
Sound: I compared this Marshall acoustic amp with a Fender Junior, and a few others. This one sounds more natural than the rest. I couldn't be happier with how it brings out the sound of the acoustic. The effects - especially the hall (reverb) and the delay really add to the sound of the Acoustic. I also play an electric guitar through it for practice. Sounds awesome!!! Feature: I bought it used with no accessories. Most useful features: extra channels for another instrument and for mics; the effects, especially the hall and delay effects, but also has chorus and flanger, and a few others. Ease of Use: Extremely easy to figure out. Quality: I haven't had it that long, but seems very sturdy. It's heavy for its size. Value: It seems kind of like a high price new, but I'd pay the price for one of these new over a Fender or any other comparable acoustic amp. It sounds that good. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: I think it looks way more cool than the Fender. Before I tried this one I wanted a Fender Acoustasonic Pro. But I'm glad I got the Marshall. Overall: I would definitely buy another one if something goes wrong with this one.

When you call, mention priority code 1567-GK38. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976