When you call, mention priority code 16GS-1W78

Rating and Reviews: MXL2006 Condenser Mic

Start capturing vocals in your home studio with this fixed-cardioid large-diaphragm condenser microphone and included shock mount.

"Exceptional Value" submitted July 1, 2007

Musical Background: Active Musican, Hobbyist, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Alternative Rock, Jazz
Sound: It sounds great. A great value for the low cost. I would recommend recording in an insulated reinforced sound room because it really seems to pick up everything. For miking a live guitar cab it turns out pretty good if you know what you are doing, placement and equalizing is key. Feature: There really isn't any special features you can't change the polar pattern. Ease of Use: Easy setup, works well with my mixers on board preamp. You do need an equalizer by all means. Quality: Very sturdy microphone. I have not dropped it yet but it is pretty solid. I imagine the grill would dent easy, but just take care of it. The casing is screwed on tight. Value: For $100, you can't beat that. You can very well get professional results with it. Manufacturer Support: I've personally never had to contact the company for any reason. The mic works great. The Wow Factor: It's a great looking condenser microphone to add to the studio. If your on a budget then this is the perfect microphone to start out with. Silver finish is nice. Overall: Overall I enjoy this product a lot. I've said it a few times now but you cannot beat the price. MXL has a great line of condenser and tube microphones.

"The Greatest Least expensive studio microphone. MXL 2006" submitted January 15, 2007

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Reggae, Dancehall, Soul, R&B, Alternaive, & Hip Hop.
Sound: Nice silky sound. Actually never herd anything like it. With proper mixing there is no difference to those other expensive mics. I love it. Feature: It seems to work best with vocals, live guitars and some purcussions. Ease of Use: Its really easy to use. Just remember to turn on the phantom power on your mixer. Quality: Good Quality. Value: For the price of this thing, youre really getting a good deal. The Wow Factor: Love it. Overall: Good product overall. Works perfect with voices. I use it in my studio even tho I have other more expensive mics I still use it because of that nice silky sound.

"MXL 2006 Kicks Ass!!!!!" submitted January 5, 2009

Musical Background: Singer/Songwriter, Musician, Engineer
Music Style: Country, Folk, Soft Rock
Sound: This mic is amazing. Great lows and mids but the high end is just unbelievable. Beautiful sound and as described... SILKY!! Quality: Big bang for the buck! Crap... for $99.00 you can't go wrong. It's not often you can find a mic that can handle acoustic guitar and vocals and do it well but this one does. At least for me. I've owned AKG's costing many times more and this mic certainly gives them a run for the money! No question about it. Value: The best value you can find PERIOD!! Manufacturer Support: Only had needed support a few times for some questions! They were EXCELLENT and went far above my expectations. Overall: Just buy it. You won't regret the purchase.

"MXL2006 Mics for it's price great on vocal recordings" submitted August 25, 2011

Musical Background: Songwriter , Rapper, Singer, Recording Engineer
Music Style: HipHop, Techno, Drum and Bass, RnB
Sound: This product for its price is a very good buy. I record vocals only on this mic and so far im satisfied. It's clear and clean on pick up Feature: I like that the MXL2006 comes with a shockmount and carrying case that's always a plus for mobile guys on the road. Ease of Use: I had no problems what's so ever i installed my mbox3 plugged my mic and monitors set my levels and i was on the way to record sum nice tracks. Quality: Like i've said before for a $100 dollar mic with shockmount and case you can't ask for more, it's great for the road but it's always good to have two mics or upgrade for a better one and leave this MXL for back up. I plan on also getting the RODE NT-1000 wich is a lot more and better quality for the pros. Value: 100 bucks is just about rite and you get what u paid for if your looking for a better mic u should spend a little more and do your reserch on what do you need that microphone for. Manufacturer Support: No complaints on MXL products. Just about every home studio i've been to the engineer had a MXL mic as well. The Wow Factor: It looks pro and sexy it's finish is well designed. Overall: I like mxl mics but will upgrade down the road for a RODE NT-1000

"Great for Studio Percussion" submitted April 3, 2013

By Ian Espinosa in Long Beach, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years of Heavy Metal Guitar, 10 years of recording.
Music Style: Heavy Metal
Overall: A while back I had a pair or these mics (I think it was the 2006 version) hanging left and right over the drumset in my studio, with a $100 AKG instrument mic on the kickdrum, all multi-tracked out. I used the MXLs for an overall stereo L&R of drumset and ended up EQing them to fine tune the cymbals because they sounded so nice. Hang these mics over your drumset and see what I mean. They sound amazing for this application.

When you call, mention priority code 16GS-1W78. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976