When you call, mention priority code 20M-7VN3

Rating and Reviews: MXL 440/441 Dual Mic Pack

Complete your mic locker with the professional MXL 440/441 microphone ensemble, which contains one large-diaphragm and one small-diaphragm condenser mic.

"Surprisingly good for the price" submitted October 21, 2010

Overall
Music Style: Classical (But I just record it)
Sound: When I acquired this product I expected something that could deal with (primarily) the recording of a pianist. I looked at the curves and felt dealing with it to be completely doable for a 25hz->22khz. At the time all I wanted something that I could tolerate listening to rather than the 2track recordings... so almost anything seemed better. For this purpose alone it is more than satisfactory, in either a sound dampened room or auditorium it sounds perfect (if you've got placement down.) Now for the better part... The artist I was recording also plays the pipe organ, and there happens to be a cathedral with one on campus. Now understand that this organ can run down to 16hz, and with the curve shown... I expected the microphones to perform poorly and be almost unable to reproduce the full breadth and pressure of the organ. I was wrong, these microphones performed admirably reproducing the sound of such a beast after minor tweaking of the low and high end with a 1024 channel digital equalizer. Feature: Don't expect the case to be like a pelican case; it's too small and just too tiny to carry around using the handle. Oh and don't tug on the foam unless you have a hot glue gun to put that foam back into place. The adapters are of pretty OK polymer construction, and I wouldn't expect to have problems with either for years. Ease of Use: Would have a 10 rating if it could record those TRULY deeper (Below 25hz) notes without me ever needing to touch an equalizer. If you're voice, piano, or guitar... it's all plug and play. Quality: Reliability is a factor that I can't really elaborate upon. I've given them pretty heavy use for the past month and a half, they're still pretty and happy (But I am pretty crazy when it comes to things with threads; thus I lubed up everything with a touch of rifle grease so I get no messy filings anywhere.) Value: I blew up my last condenser microphone... (Don't ask)... this set replaced it. I'm getting another pair for doing another project with the aforementioned individual. I am EXTREMELY happy about the price, especially where it sits in comparison to it's abilities. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with any MXL support representatives. The Wow Factor: It's 'affordable' for what it offers; and that's gonna be a turn off to anyone looking for "The Best". It's the front line of my recording, you want genius design? Try the fact that they're selling 2 microphones; each one easily comparable in sound reproduction to a different microphone that's priced at 80->150 dollars. Overall: I'll be satisfied with this product unless It prematurely dies (lets say under 5 years.) If it dies after that time and I'm still doing such things, but I'm not rich... I'll probably just get another set (If they still exist.) The same applies for any accidental damage, there really just is not a better deal out there. The only thing I wish I knew is that they can record sub 30hz... easily... don't worry about it if you have an equalizer that can boost it in the right places.
50 of 55 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best Microphone Seriously" submitted September 6, 2012

By claudy d in orlando, FL
Musical Background: Jam at Home -
Music Style: All types of Musci
Overall: Works Great in my Home studio - Would have given it all 5's but once you click it's stuck there.

"MXL 440/441 mics." submitted June 27, 2015

By Gary Kotil in Dawsonville, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 40 plus years. Drums, guitar, bass, piano, and harmonica.
Music Style: I try to write commercial music as this is what producers wants. I'm in to rock but write easy listening, as well as some christ
Overall: Exceptional value for the performance they provide. I use them for recording in my home studio, and they work as well as other brands costing twice the money. I will be adding another set for my studio.

When you call, mention priority code 20M-7VN3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976