When you call, mention priority code 20W-PJ7C

Rating and Reviews: Martin SWDGT Sustainable

This acoustic guitar is made for the eco-conscious player. It's made from woods like Sitka spruce and cherry managed in an ecologically responsible way.

"Excellent Guitar" submitted October 24, 2016

By Diane K in Parkersburg, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Acoustic guitar luthier.
Music Style: Fingerstyle. Most genres of music
Sound: The guitar sounds excellent right out of the case. However, I replaced the plastic bridge pins, saddle, and nut, with bone. This increases the projection and accentuates the mids and trebles. The voice is rounded and the sustain incredible. Feature: The fit and finish are what you'd expect from Martin. Like most upscale guitars, the guitar needs to be set up when it comes. I'm a luthier, so I did my own set up. Unless you're trained, take your needs Martin to a local guitar tech, or luthier, to set it up properly. I don't like plastic components on guitars, so I replaced the nut, saddle, and bridge pins with bone. Ease of Use: It's an acoustic, so it plays like an acoustic. I prefer a fast neck, so the string clearance is low. I play fingerstyle, and frequently up to the 17th fret, so this setup increases playability. Quality: The guitar is made in the USA, so the fit and finish is are flawless. It has a lifetime warranty. Martin is very good about servicing their guitars under warranty, so keep your receipt. Value: The price is comparable to other sellers. I've played a lot of Martin's. IMO, this is one of the best sounding Martin's I've ever played. Just like people, every guitar is different. I may have that one out of a thousand which simply came out excellent, but the combo of Sitka and cherry is an excellent choice. Manufacturer Support: I had a customer with the original receipt on a prewar Martin. Martin reset the neck. They have excellent customer service. The Wow Factor: It's a Martin which is made in the USA. What else needs to be said? Overall: I'm a luthier. Although I build guitars, I was intrigued by the Martin sustainable wood series. Often associated with cheap guitars, cherry is undervalued even though it's a truly excellent tonewood. When the guitar comes, it needs a setup, which is normal for an upscale guitar. People like to individualize their guitars to match their playing style. The guitar has plastic bridge pins, and Corian saddle and nut. I replaced everything with bone.

"Very Nice Guitar for the money" submitted January 9, 2015

By Brian Watt in Normal, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing since I was 12 years old, I play strictly guitar only, and solo at home
Music Style: Whatever is playable for acoustic
Overall: I went to the local guitar store here where I live, and tried many different Martins. The one I liked the best was this SWDGT, it had the sound I was looking for. Deep tone, loud, and great sustain... The feel of it was excellent...I just could not afford one at that time.... Now that Christmas is over, I'm sure this will be my first big purchase for 2015.

"Very Nice Guitar for the money" submitted January 9, 2015

By Brian Watt in Normal, IL
Music Style: Whatever is playable for acoustic
Overall: I went to the local guitar store here where I live, and tried many different Martins The one I liked the best was this SWDGT, it had the sound I was looking for. Deep tone, loud, and great sustain.... The feel of it was excellent...... I just could not afford one at that time.... Now that Christmas is over, I'm sure this will be my first big purchase for 2015.....

When you call, mention priority code 20W-PJ7C. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976