When you call, mention priority code 1415-J40Z

Rating and Reviews: Martin OMCPA4 Acoustic

This versatile Martin acoustic-electric guitar is perfect for solo performance, on stage with a band, and in the studio.

"It cannot get any better" submitted April 18, 2012

By Jesus R in Miami, FL
Musical Background: Humble
Music Style: Alternative, folk
Sound: This is a sound-machine, whether plugged or not. The scalloped hybrid system that Martin devised (and patented) make it much more delicious than just about any acoustic you're ever likely to try. The Fishman Analog does the most important thing acoustic electronics can do: it stays out of your way. Feature: The spruce has the polished and perfect look that we've come to expect. The sapele is satin, and quite lovely. Even the finish makes this guitar feel like your favorite pair of jeans. When comparing it to Martins that cost twice the price (because of the electronics), you have to ask yourself whether you want a perfect acoustic or whether you want Garageband inside your guitar. Ease of Use: This is the lightest, loudest (for its size and even compared with its bigger, non-OM brethren, the DCP4A), best-made, and most comfortable instrument in its class. No guitar is a Swiss-Army knife, but this instrument almost makes you want to remain perfectly monogamous. Quality: USA, folks. Out of the box, you can tell that someone took pride in making this little gem absolutely perfect. Value: Everytime you play this beauty, you feel like you've saved two-thousand dollars. There are few guitars with this kind of value (Gibson 50s tribute Les Paul, the new Epiphone Masterbilt 500 [after an action adjustment]). Very few guitars come close in value. Manufacturer Support: I've dealt with Martin for other priceless gems (not for this one). Martin is an A+ company. The Wow Factor: It's beautiful; it's lightweight; it's elegant. That said, it is quite unadorned, but I personally appreciate that look. Overall: If I were in the proverbial burning house, and I could only take one instrument, this perfect OM woud be the one.
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"You guys are awesome!!" submitted December 2, 2012

By Devin Abraham in Norfolk, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar, bass, and drums...
Music Style: Alt-rock, garage-rock, psychedelic, metal
Overall: I'm in the Navy, and I decided to try the pay as you pay plan. I got my shiny new Martin, which I've dreamed of owning my whole life... It came to my ship in perfect condition, and plays like a dream! It's like no other guitar that I've ever owned! Thank you guys for giving me a way to make it happen so that I can make it through deployment by songwriting :)

"Very Nice guitar!" submitted February 2, 2014

By Gil K in San Marcos, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Songwriter; playing guitar 50 years.
Music Style: conglomeration
Overall: Reasonably priced for a Martin. Has Martin made-in-USA quality throughout. Was tuned right out of box and has kept perfect tuning for months without needing any readjustment, unlike my Guild. Sounds great with or without Fishman plugged in. The first Martin I've owned and I couldn't be happier. Love the cutaway design. My go-to guitar when writing songs. Nice hard-case too.

"Pretty Awesome" submitted April 8, 2014

By Kaulana M in San Diego, CA
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Hawaiian
Sound: The sound is amazing! This guitar sounds perfect for my diverse playing style - lead and rhythm guitar. It's super compatible with my music style. It really matches any setting, because it has a tone control, that sounds really good either at max or at min. Feature: The woods used were almost the best woods for me. I love a real woody sound to my guitar, and this represented that almost perfectly. Something like a walnut, maybe, could have been better, but I'll have to experiment more. Ease of Use: This guitar is super easy to get a dynamic range of sounds from. You can get super clear, bright sounds, or just kind of a muddy sound for lead guitar. Quality: It is made very well, super reliable, yet I would be very, very careful with it, and I think this guitar will last for my whole life (I'm a teen by the way). Value: I think this guitar is somewhat worth the price. I can't complain, because it's a very awesome guitar, but I could go for either gloss back and sides, or an abalone rosette. Manufacturer Support: I actually ordered this guitar through a local music store, who ordered it through Martin, but my music store was very, very nice. They were so awesome! The Wow Factor: This guitar definitely deserves 4 stars, because it's not the best guitar, cosmetically. It could use some fancier features that could be like a deluxe model. But it definitely deserves a high rating. Overall: This is a fantastic guitar. Nice improvement from my last guitar. Better electronics, better sound, better feel, and I'm glad I've been studying guitars for the time I've been studying them. This really gave me a huge boost of energy. I can't put it down, it's so beautiful. I want to get a OMCPA1 someday, because it is cosmetically, a very beautiful guitar. I'm having so much fun with it. It's super comfortable, and just awesome. I think I would want gloss back and sides, though, and some abalone binding and an abalone rosette too, but this is perfect for now.

"Purely awesome" submitted February 25, 2014

By Byron Burnham in Orange, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 7 years, and just recently started playing drums a few months ago. I play in a band an jam at every
Music Style: Rock, country, hip hop, blues, and electronic
Overall: This is by far one of the easiest, best playing guitar I've ever played. With the body being not as wide as the other models makes it a lot more comfortable to play. This guitar has so much tone hooked up to not will blow your mind, and you can't beat the deal that zzounds has. What a better way to have what you want right then and there, without having to spend all the money up front.

"So-So" submitted February 27, 2014

By Michael P in Georgetown, OH
Overall
Musical Background: On stage, recording general playing.
Music Style: Classic rock, country, folk & bluegrass
Overall: I feel the guitar is overpriced. The synthetic fingerboard is a poor substitute for wood. The action was horrible and a bow in the neck. The sapele back and sides are esthetically unpleasant and sounds nothing like mahogany. I returned the guitar and was told by ZZ that I had damaged it. I had not that Is the way that I recieved it. The damage happened at Martin as it came in its unopened factory box. It had mars and dents in the neck that I feel were due to having it in the neck holding device and trying to take the bow out by turning the truss rod. Eventually ZZ saw that I had mentioned that in my original review and agreed not to charge the 10%. That has been awhile and I still have not received a refund or credit. ZZ has not responded to my email. Overall this is a decent $600 guitar and a poor $1300 guitar. I own Gibsons, Martins, Gretchs Fenders etc and this was by far and away the worst experience that I have had. It is not a bad guitar, but needed a complete setup and as stated the sapele in my opinion is a poor substitute for Mahogany. I feel that it is overpriced. I will never buy a sapele wood back or richilite finger board guitar again.

"cool guiatar" submitted February 28, 2014

By ron b in Decatur, TX
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar off and on for 20+ years
Music Style: Rock , Southern Rock , Country , Blues , Christian
Overall: this guitar has excellent playability , action and resonance, nice tone and is well worth the price. This is my very first Martin and I am satisfied.

"Excellent overall" submitted November 19, 2013

Musical Background: seasoned unprofessional
Music Style: whatever works on a steel string guitar
Overall: Great service, will shop here again. Very satisfied with this purchase. Solid wood, great price, no regrets & that new martin smell.

"Extremely Disappointed" submitted January 31, 2014

By Michael P in Georgetown, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years...acoustic guitar, electric guitar, banjo, bass, violin, play shows and at home.
Music Style: folk, bluegrass, country, rock, fingerstyle.
Overall: Right off the bat this guitar had an extremely high action and a rather prominent bow in the neck. On the back of the neck were dents, not in the finish but the wood. There is no truss rod wrench so I had to make a trip to town to find a hex that would work. Adjusted the truss rod and made a new saddle and got the action nice. The wood is plain and rather unattractive. I have an HD 28 and an 00 18 and this guitar is not in their class. As far as sound, Too much sustain, little bass and treble and it is completely dominated by the midrange. All notes seem to run together to make a brassy roar. A lot of that is due to the synthetic fingerboard, bridge, nut, saddle and the mahogany wannabe wood Sapele...it is advertised as being similar to mahogany...not even close. I made a huge mistake in getting this instrument and am extremely disappointed that Martin would send a guitar with such a poor setup. It was my mistake buying a guitar on the reputation of the company. I expected more. Martin will not get my trust again. I have a lot of guitars from various makers, Fender, Gretsch, Gibson, D'Angelico.....this is by far and away the worst guitar that I have owned considering the price paid. The HD 28 and the 00 18 that I have are fantastic...but this......it will go in the pile of "Don't make the grade" instruments. It did have a nice case though.... Now I'm $1300 in the hole and still trying to find a decent fingerstyle guitar.....

When you call, mention priority code 1415-J40Z. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976