When you call, mention priority code 12F5-LVZG

Rating and Reviews: Martin M36 Acoustic

Perfect for any style of music, this guitar's spruce top and East Indian rosewood back combine to create a unique tone that is unmistakably Martin.

"So very happy with this guitar!!" submitted December 2, 2012

By Donna Colton in Manlius, NY
Musical Background: Play Professionally
Music Style: Rock/Folk/Blues/Country
Overall: Spoke with one of the Reps on the phone about this guitar. He answered all of my questions (e.g. Did I still get the Martin Warranty? Yes! Did the guitar come with a case as it's not a standard size? Yes!) and he was pleasant and informed. I decided to purchase the guitar, but was cautiously expecting to have to deal with a blemish in some form. The guitar arrived promptly and especially so since the company was dealing with the effects of Hurricane Sandy. When the Martin M36 arrived, we looked at it from top to bottom, inside and out and could not find anything wrong with it. It was gorgeous. The tone is spectacular. Playability is excellent. I am a working musician and this is my main tool. I need to have a narrow body guitar for more comfort when playing gigs for hours. This instrument is everything I expected and more. It will be with me for my life, I'm sure.

"Martin M36 guitar with case" submitted January 7, 2014

By GeorGe Lamb II in Oklahoma City, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Was a surprise Christmas gift.
Music Style: Play all kinds of music.
Overall: I received the M36 Martin guitar with case as per our agreement. Of course the instrument is perfect for my needs of teaching and just plain entertainment. I cannot thank zZounds enough for their important part in this matter. I had a lot of questions and concerns of which all were answered quite satisfactorily by the friendly staff.

"I'm in love with my M36" submitted November 11, 2013

Overall
Overall: I can't say enough about this guitar. It is incredibly responsive, both in terms of tone and dynamics, depending on how and where you strum or pluck. It's even across the range of tones, unlike typical dreadnaughts, which have a stronger low end. I really enjoy the versatility. It plays like a dream, is well appointed (3-piece back and bound fretboard are usually reserved for higher-end Martins), and absolutely stunning to look at. I love the antique amber finish.

"A hidden gem in the Martin lineup" submitted March 10, 2009

By a customer from flashmail.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active amatuer; playing again after a long time off
Music Style: Spanish/Classical; trying to learn flatpicking styles
Sound: I auditioned various Martin models and each had their unique, but unmistakably Martin, tone. A few that I really liked were simply out of my price range. So I tried the D-28 and loved it for its sweetness, and the D-18 for its clear, forward sound; but both had a bit more muddy-sounding bottom end than I wanted (and more volume than I needed). Enter the M-36, which seems to combine the best characteristics of the D-28 and D-18, with sonic clarity from top to bottom -- sweet treble, clear bass, and just a bit forward in its projection. It won't play as loudly as either of the aforementioned dreadnoughts, but that's fine with me. Its tone has a bit of a Spanish guitar sound, to me; somewhat reminiscent of Willie Nelson's famed Martin N-20 (which, of course, is a nylon-stringed instrument). But there's just something there which brings out my Latin side. Ole! Feature: The M-36 looks like a custom-built guitar and it comes with a beautiful form-fitting and very solid 570 Geib style case. While it does not have the highest of the high-end Marting appointments, at its price it's just unbeatable. Ease of Use: The narrower 0000-style body and low-profile neck make this a guitar you can just kick back with and play. Very "huggable". It comes equipped with the Martin SP4100 light strings, which are my preferred string. Quality: The high quality of the instrument is readily apparent. As I mentioned, it looks very custom and is definitely not a guitar you'll see everywhere. Its case is outstanding, too. I don't think I'd drag it to the beach for a bonfire and sing-along, though. It just seems too nice (and delicate) for that kind of action. Value: Well, this is a tough one because value is a very subjective thing, especially when you're talking over two grand for a guitar. Compared to the D-28 or D-18 I think it's a great value -- seems to be more of a custom Martin guitar (not that the D-28 or D-18 are shabby; just that the M-36 is so nice). Manufacturer Support: Since I've not had to deal with Martin insofar as any sort of problems with the instrument, I'll give 'em a nine. They certainly sent my warranty card pronto after I registered on the web. The Wow Factor: Not much I can add to what I've already written. This is a unique guitar in the Martin lineup at this price point. I think it's a hidden gem. Overall: It's definitely a keeper. And to think that it will only sound better with age!
104 of 107 people (97.2%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 12F5-LVZG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976